closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 35th anniversary GMW-B5000D-1ER back in stock.

35th anniversary GMW-B5000D-1ER back in stock.

I received an email the other day saying it was back in stock but by the time I'd clicked on the link they were all gone. Another email today and I've just snagged one, I'd imagine you'd have to be quick.

https://g-shock.co.uk/product?v=GMW-B5000D-1ER

If they throw in a Watney's Party 7 & a re-release of "Now that's what I call music 1" …. I'm in!

I have managed several times to put one in the basket, but cannot complete the order. I have clicked on both PayPal and by entering debit card details and it just flashes away. After about 10 mins it just dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I have managed several times to put one in the basket, but cannot complete the order. I have clicked on both PayPal and by entering debit card details and it just flashes away. After about 10 mins it just dies.
    Exactly the same here Ken, no joy at all

I am loving my negative display version on the resin strap. Great watch.

Might try and get a metal strap to try it on.

I had the same on my phone but managed to get it finished on my laptop instead. You also need to enter a company name for some reason, I just put my own name in.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Hotel View Post
    I had the same on my phone but managed to get it finished on my laptop instead. You also need to enter a company name for some reason, I just put my own name in.
    Followed this exactly, and the order went in easily.
    Many thanks for your help

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Followed this exactly, and the order went in easily.
    Many thanks for your help
    Good show!

Exactly the same here Ken, no joy at all
    See below Andrew...

Thank you Paul, you are a star. I used the wife's laptop, went down the debit card route rather than PayPal and entered good old me as a company and it went through like a dream.

Thank you Paul and give it a go Andrew.

Just seen you post - well done. No wonder they are still available!!!

I am a little bit tempted by this. Never owned a G shock but remember them in the early 80's from secondary school when what digital watch you owned seemed to set some kind of pecking order. Will sleep on it I think

Just seen you post - well done. No wonder they are still available!!!
    You have to wonder how many people gave up. I wasted about an hour and a half trying
    Thank goodness for the useful tips above.

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I am a little bit tempted by this. Never owned a G shock but remember them in the early 80's from secondary school when what digital watch you owned seemed to set some kind of pecking order. Will sleep on it I think
    They have been selling out fast, and then only available for £600 upwards!
    I would suggest getting one whilst you can.

35th anniversary GMW-B5000D-1ER back in stock.

I managed to bag one for me and 2 for mates so thanks for the tip off OP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have been selling out fast, and then only available for £600 upwards!
    I would suggest getting one whilst you can.
    Are these an LE, or just released sporadically? I dont need any further temptation, I am trying to cull

Are these an LE, or just released sporadically? I dont need any further temptation, I am trying to cull
    These have been extremely difficult to find at list price and a quick check of e-bay asking prices should convince you in an instant. They are stunning watches and wear well. I already have one, well actually I have a full set of the metals, so I am biased.

If you buy one and don't trash it you will have no problem getting your money back, either on here or on e-bay so a no risk gamble and they will be gone as quick as they appeared.

They are not a limited edition, but demand easily outstrips supply, so you have to buy whilst you can. We have waited 3 months for these to be available tonight. They might be gone in the morning.

Just buy one whilst you have the chance
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 17th August 2018 at 23:51.

Oops, you guys made me do it. Order went through ok.

Cheers

Oops, you guys made me do it. Order went through ok.

Cheers
    Good man

Is this not the same watch? https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...gmw-b5000d-1er

I'm sure somebody might have a code for a few quid off too. 200PHOTO50OFF used to cull £50 off for me but doesnt want to play for me tonight.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post
    Is this not the same watch? https://www.jurawatches.co.uk/produc...gmw-b5000d-1er

I'm sure somebody might have a code for a few quid off too. 200PHOTO50OFF used to cull £50 off for me but doesnt want to play for me tonight.
    Thanks for that. Used the link to order, but ....
    If you go directly into their webpage, that model doesn’t show in the G shock section ?
    I’ve got email confirmation, but worried it maybe retracted ???? We will see ..

Back in stock here: https://g-shock.co.uk/product?v=GMW-B5000D-1ER

If I wasn't getting separated I'd be all over this

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyE View Post

Link and code still works but watch is now on pre-order and sneakily with a £200 deposit, so the code gives you some discount off the £200 but not £50:(. It would be better to pay the full £450 asking price to get £50 off?

Currently in stock at H. Samuel online, and if you sign up to their newsletter you'll get a 10% discount code :)

Is this watch actually limited? There is a restock every week.

Quote Originally Posted by odyseus10 View Post
    Currently in stock at H. Samuel online, and if you sign up to their newsletter you'll get a 10% discount code :)
    If you have American Express there’s a 5% back offer running in the rewards section of the app and you might be able to get an additional 5% through a cash back program, such as Quidco although if using the 10% voucher code, it might not track or be paid out.

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Is this watch actually limited? There is a restock every week.
    The one in the link isn’t a limited edition. Although it usually sells out very quickly when stock reappears.

The gold one and the dlc treated one are the limited editions which I believe have sold out.

All the H Samuel stock sold out, after they did the buy 1 get 1 half price offer. I think most was purchased by this seller.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-G-S...l/232953975669

But now fully stocked over at G-Shock over 30 units in stock but at the expensive rrp of £450.
    Last edited by smokedog; 5th October 2018 at 19:38.

Owl1
    The most flipped g shock on the market ..nice for the day then sacked the next ...

Use code AS12 at watchshop.com and get one for £396. They have a few in stock.

I picked one up from H Samuel, but unfortunately it’s too big due to the bracelet links sitting out slightly. It is a lovely watch though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I picked one up from H Samuel, but unfortunately it’s too big due to the bracelet links sitting out slightly. It is a lovely watch though.
    Surprised you couldn't get a good fit. With the micro adjustments on the clasp, you should of been able to find a perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
    Surprised you couldn't get a good fit. With the micro adjustments on the clasp, you should of been able to find a perfect fit.
    The problem isn’t the actual length of the bracelet, the first links beside the endlinks overhang my wrist as they don’t drop straight down. The resin strap of a regular square G-Shock doesn’t do this as it’s more flexible at that point.

The joys of small wrists!!

The problem isn’t the actual length of the bracelet, the first links beside the endlinks overhang my wrist as they don’t drop straight down. The resin strap of a regular square G-Shock doesn’t do this as it’s more flexible at that point.

The joys of small wrists!!
    It is an odd design choice, the wearer needs a pretty specific wrist size or shape to get that perfect fit. There is a little flexibility but not a lot. Lucky for me it's perfect!

Craftsman
    It is an odd design choice, the wearer needs a pretty specific wrist size or shape to get that perfect fit. There is a little flexibility but not a lot. Lucky for me it's perfect!

Agreed on bracelet it doesnt really suit many buyers due to the overhang but the negative lcd rubber strap version is spot on

They’re on the John Lewis website - currently out of stock but priced at £360 which is surely a bargain

Journeyman
    Very tempted by one of these but £450 feels toppy for what is fundamentally not a limited edition G.

Does anyone know where I can find a bracelet for one of these? I have the resin strap version and massively prefer the negative display - just need a bracelet to put it on. All the usual suppliers seem either to deny such a thing exists or show it as "out of stock"...

Apprentice
    The one in the link isn’t a limited edition. Although it usually sells out very quickly when stock reappears.

The gold one and the dlc treated one are the limited editions which I believe have sold out.

It's a bit cheeky of Casio to list this (and other G-Shocks) as 'limited edition' without putting a number on it. IMO of course...

Quote Originally Posted by _WH_ View Post
    It's a bit cheeky of Casio to list this (and other G-Shocks) as 'limited edition' without putting a number on it. IMO of course...
    Does Casio list the GMW-B5000D-1 as limited edition somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by S.L View Post
    Does Casio list the GMW-B5000D-1 as limited edition somewhere?
    Yea, on the Casio UK site, scroll down - https://g-shock.co.uk/collections/limited-edition

EDIT - do i need to get one before it gets discontinued somewhere down the line???

Baffles me why so many are being flipped. I have one and I can’t see myself selling it.

I've just seen one in an Ernest Jones window. To be honest I'm a bit peeved that this supposed limited edition is now in crappy high street windows. Mine is a keeper anyway, it was never going to be flipped in the madness that saw them go for 3 x RRP on eBay but just feels a bit less special now it can be picked up everywhere. No surprise I guess, I can't blame Casio for wringing every last sale out of it, it can't have been cheap to bring to market.

I've just seen one in an Ernest Jones window. To be honest I'm a bit peeved that this supposed limited edition is now in crappy high street windows. Mine is a keeper anyway, it was never going to be flipped in the madness that saw them go for 3 x RRP on eBay but just feels a bit less special now it can be picked up everywhere. No surprise I guess, I can't blame Casio for wringing every last sale out of it, it can't have been cheap to bring to market.
    The rumours were that though it wasn't a limited edition like the Porter or the Goldie, it may still be a limited run, say a year. Personally I don't see that happening, this is such a hot model and must be a regular edition. I think production has now caught up with demand, you know the thing that normal businesses aspire to do.....

Quote Originally Posted by PreacherCain View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a bracelet for one of these? I have the resin strap version and massively prefer the negative display - just need a bracelet to put it on. All the usual suppliers seem either to deny such a thing exists or show it as "out of stock"...
    Preacher it was posted recently on another thread that Casio will be releasing a negative display on bracelet version soon. I have my eye on one but haven't seen them released yet.

Full metal black now available at G-Shock
    https://g-shock.co.uk/gmw-b5000gd-1er

Preacher it was posted recently on another thread that Casio will be releasing a negative display on bracelet version soon. I have my eye on one but haven't seen them released yet.
    Late reply to you - but on Seikopath's advice I contacted Casio UK and they're sorting one. Lead time about 6 weeks apparently but cheaper and easier than having a duplicate watch. :)