closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: My 12yr old wants a watch

My 12yr old wants a watch

So on the family holiday and my son keeps noticing people’s watches ,now says he fancies one . I have a Seiko skx173 that should be ok size wise for him. It needs a service and possible crystal , who do we recommend for Seiko stuff( he says he’ll pay towards service????)

I would suggest someone who would be willing to supply stage pics of the service and repair... your 12 yo would likely love to feel part of it. Value is irrelevant, out will be the best thing in the world to him.

Master
    Not overly sure that I've give a 12 year old a watch with an auto movement - teenagers tend to give watches hard lives! Something similar with a quartz movement might be better for now (IMHO).

I would have thought an skx007 would be perfect, get the mid size 38mm version. They are about 150 quid on the bay, he will have a proper grown up watch not to big for him now and still beable to wear it when hes 50.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    I would have thought an skx007 would be perfect, get the mid size 38mm version. They are about 150 quid on the bay, he will have a proper grown up watch not to big for him now and still beable to wear it when hes 50.
    Agree with this. And the movement is pretty tough

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigeyp View Post
    I agree! Get him something quartz and cheap and he may keep it forever, but probably won't wear it much when he's older if he has a keen interest in automatic watches

Journeyman
    My first watch when I was a kid was a swatch! If you think about it it is the family of omega, longines, etc so not a bad way to go and they got some cool looking watches that would suit a 12 year old.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

To be honest he has a Bauhaus style Chrono that he likes but uses for best???? The Seiko is 38mm so perfect size atm

An issued CWC G10 would be my choice. My son is 12 also and he loves to wear mine. The size isn't overbearing on a child's wrist, they are obviously tough little watches, Eddies nato straps fit nicely around smaller wrists, being issued - it'll have provenance which is quite cool.