closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Had THE call

Had THE call

Phone rung this afternoon ... Crouches in Cardiff

They've had a D-Blue delivered today and I'm next on the list .... to say my heart rate increased would be an understatement! Been on the waiting list 2 years this coming November! Off to see it tomorrow. He was quick to point out that it would be de-stickered, sized and without its warranty card for the coming 12 months but we all know that anyway.

It has sort of interfered with my day out at our first home game of the season but you wont hear me complaining :)

They keep the links ? Really ? Wow. Grats btw. I can feel your excitement 🤩

Thanks! ..... I dont think they keep the links though :)

Quote Originally Posted by cf31bloobird View Post
    Thanks! ..... I dont think they keep the links though :)
    Ah ok lol. Just the destickered and sized mention . That would have been taking it a bit far

Some places keep the links, so it's worth keeping an eye on things when they're sizing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post
    Some places keep the links, so it's worth keeping an eye on things when they're sizing it up.
    On what basis. Surely you buy the links too? Weird

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    You'd think so. But there are watch dealers with bricks and mortar shops selling spare links on eBay, and they're going to come from somewhere. I think it's a known Watchfinder method, no?

Years ago people wanted a watch to wear. Why take home spare links you don’t need?

What’s the point of stickers BTW? Taken off before the customer gets the watch.

Master
    They keep the links ? Really ? Wow. Grats btw. I can feel your excitement 朗
    You keep the extra links, I think they size it to your size so they know (or think they know) you’ll,wear it.

Master
    Yes Lee at the goldsmiths branch in the bull ring a well know piece of work had Daytona straps (leather) for sale as well as other parts then said that he didn’t keep my bi metal link! The extra links are your property as sold with the watch up to 8 inch I think! Keep your wits about you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Just tell them you are planning on putting on a lot of weight so you need the extra links :)

As said, you've bought the watch and the links are integral part of it. I can't see how they could keep them.

Bit like buying a car for yourself and having the dealer take out the seats you won't be needing.

Master
    OP forget the issue on links, just enjoy the watch. Nearly two years well done Christmas really has come early.
    Steve

Thanks for the comments ... promised myself years ago I'd have a Rolex for my 50th ( which is this November) so the timing is pretty good, I'd almost given up hope but stuck it out.

I will indeed enjoy the watch! :)

Thanks for the comments ... promised myself years ago I'd have a Rolex for my 50th ( which is this November) so the timing is pretty good, I'd almost given up hope but stuck it out.

Perfect timing. Congratulations, wear in good health and many happy returns.

Master
    I picked up my deep blue just over a year ago, and really like it. I thought about selling to fund the next big purchase, and then wore it again for a couple of days and still love it!! It’s not going anywhere!!

Good for you!

And here's to an absolutely cracking 50th Burfday prezzie.

EnJoY

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman

Great plan, good for you , enjoy it in good health.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Wink

When you can treat yourself to something like this, it is sometime worth getting a little older.
    Enjoy the watch, patience pays.

Craftsman

Congrats. Good timing for the call if you've been waiting 2 years. The current version can only have been out a couple of months.

Well that took an unexpected turn yesterday ... had a lovely warm welcome in Crouch, was offered the usual cuppa before business started then the guy shot off to the safe to get my watch ... back he comes with a big beaming smile and presents me with it .... the black faced one! My jaw dropped and I just looked at him ..... "I wanted the blue one!" .... major embarrassment on his part, he didn't know what to say and neither did I ........ I think the whole place went quiet

Anyway ... there wasn't much of a decision to be made, I couldn't let the opportunity pass so the deal was done, the watch was paid for destickered, sized and the forms signed to say I agreed with them keeping the card and all the that business ... back in the safe it went and off to pick it up today .. what a drama! :)

Master

Nice!

I know people say that if your wearing it why the stickers etc anyway but I think until you have got home and comfortable then slowly taken the stickers off a brand new watch I don’t think you have lived藍藍
    I genuinely loved being the first person to remove those stickers plus some long term watch investors buy watches all stickered up and squirrel them away(only ever met one person like that though?!?!)

If I ever decide to go on a list which I have no intention of doing at the moment then I wouldn’t care about having stickers on but I would want them in the box? Not bothered by the warranty card as long as it arrives at some point?
    I would want the spare links though as I am losing weight at the moment so wouldn’t know if I would put weight on or lose more so spare links would be essential!?!?

By the way I don’t want to go on a list as I find it the reason we have the problem plus there are so many more brands out there and some lovely vintage pieces I want way more than a new Rolex?!?

Lovely watch by the way and look forward to seeing some pics!

Just read the last post so shame it’s not what you wanted and gutted for you?!?!?

Chris

Each to their own Chris, doesn't bother me in the slightest the stickers ... I'll get the warranty card in 12 months and the spare links ( I had one and a half removed) are in a bag in the box. So all good there

As for it not being a DBlue, I lusted after the black one for many years before the Blue came out so, then when the SD40 came out I fancied one of those instead of the blue ... thats the way it goes ... I'm over the moon with it and still on the list for a Cameron! LOL

Pics to follow :)

Great news to get. It’ll be worth the wait. Magnificent piece.

Grand Master
    Wont be long before you pay them and they keep the lot and you just call them when you want to know the time. Disgusting way to do business
    RIAC

Craftsman
    Phone rung this afternoon ... Crouches in Cardiff

They've had a D-Blue delivered today and I'm next on the list .... to say my heart rate increased would be an understatement! Been on the waiting list 2 years this coming November! Off to see it tomorrow. He was quick to point out that it would be de-stickered, sized and without its warranty card for the coming 12 months but we all know that anyway.

It has sort of interfered with my day out at our first home game of the season but you wont hear me complaining :)
    Very nice watch congrats

Craftsman
    I had a similar issue with an AD & a Sub, they managed to sort me out with a Hulk soon after. If you are interested I’m hoping they could arrange something similar for you?

Regardless of the watch, it’s an achievement to have one and I wish you an early birthday and enjoy the watch. I didn’t stop staring at my first one for days on end before I wore it.

Had THE call

God works in mysterious ways
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Being so bonded to a brand that you'd even take the wrong one? The obsession some have with Rolex is unfathomable.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the hell out of your watch!

I’ve clearly lived my Rolex life back to front! Bought a 5513 in the late 80’s at the age of 20 with the commission cheque from my first job - it was about £800 I remember. Sold it to put down the deposit on a flat and then bought and sold various steel ‘sports’ models over about 15 years,never really losing any money, never went on any waiting lists and got all the documents and stickers. Came to realise I don’t really like the Rolex watch look as
    I’d flipped so many and never settled on one so sold my last one and stopped looking in Ad windows. Then the designs changed, prices went mental, documents got kept, stickers got removed and this whole ‘it’s rare and hard to get’ stuff started. I feel very lucky tbh - my advice is keep the new watch, love it, wear it and don’t bother flipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And here it is .. in all it’s glory!

Thanks for the comments, I am over the moon with it and it’ll get worn and enjoyed thoroughly .. That is a certainty!

Next question, remove the divers extension or not??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless you will actually use it take it out. It's just weight for nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Wont be long before you pay them and they keep the lot and you just call them when you want to know the time. Disgusting way to do business
    There should be a thread for witty or most sarcastic comment of the week. This has to be up there
    Similar to the show your Friday Watch thread.

Hope you enjoy it, but it's a watch from a mass market company.

They make 10s of 1000s of them a year, at least. This whole "You are now deemed worthy to spend your money with us" BS is worse than Ferrari (At least the numbers are fairly small there).

Smacks of Emperors New Clothes to me, but if you can live with it, then just enjoy the watch

M

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehase284 View Post
    Unless you will actually use it take it out. It's just weight for nothing!
    I think I will ... it serves no purpose to me

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    but if you can live with it, then just enjoy the watch

M
    I can .. and I certainly will, thank you ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    😂