closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Women and dishwashers.

Craftsman

Women and dishwashers.

Why can't women load dishwashers in the most efficient, or even close to, way? I've had this battle with my wife for about 20 years, and recently my niece is staying with us, and she's just as bad, if not worse. I used to make me a bit angry, now if confuses me, I don't understand why they think putting stuff all over the place is a good idea.

Is it just me????

It’s not just you, I dread hearing her tell me she’s put it on. Cargage.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mrs T-7 likes to drape an upside down baking tray over the top of the dishes in the top rack, thereby acting as an umberella to prevent water reaching the pots beneath it. So neither the underside of the pots nor the baking tray get clean. Also puts lids in upside down so that they fill up with dirty water :-/

I think if you treat loading a dishwasher as a basic common sense and IQ test and then draw your own conclusions from the results.

And you’ve told a woman that she’s doing it wrong...............and survived!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    I think if you treat loading a dishwasher as a basic common sense and IQ test and then draw your own conclusions from the results.
    I’ve got plenty of common sense and used to have a reasonably high IQ (not sure thesedays) but I ‘m crap at dishwasher loading. It’s probably a lack of patience in my case! Wifey’s bettercat it than me.

Blog Entries
    My wife is better than me when it comes to packing the d/washer. Although I’m more into telling the boys to clean their plate and cutlery first. I know, I’ve been there: taking the machine apart just to find something like a dino’s femur in the machine’s inner parts...

With respect to my other half, she hasn't a clue either so I do it myself, I also make sure the filters are cleaned because she wouldn't do that either. It's not rocket science.

#metoo

Craftsman
    My OCD is so bad that I usually end up emptying my wife’s effort and restacking it.

I'm not allowed near it, unless I have to repair it of course, damn thing started leaking from the door seal last night, changed one years ago complete new inner door needed for a bit of a rubber seal, replaced a number of parts over the years, time for a new one I'm done.

I got an ear-full - twice - from SWMBO for my use of the dishwasher. Once for my under crackers and t-shirts, the second time for some car parts.

Wimmin, eh?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Craftsman
    I reckon there's an app in this for OCD commuters - points for how efficiently you can stack dishwashers.

My ex's flatmates (all girls, though that's clearly an unrelated fact) used to skip stacking completely and just lay the plates down on top of each other...

Master
    I find there is the same issue with any sort of packing whether the dishwasher, car boot going camping or holiday suitcases. In all of these cases I usually end up removing everything and doing it all from scratch.

Spacial awareness and simple physics.

Master
    Replace dishwasher with suitcase.... same thing

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    And you’ve told a woman that she’s doing it wrong...............and survived!
    Hahaha, exactly this. My wife cannot load the dishwasher either, do I tell her? Of course not!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Simply take the dish washer out and give her some rubber gloves that works well. Also like I did re iron the stuff she’s already done until she gets it right. If that doesn’t work get a fresh one that’s not faulty.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Strangely I'm not allowed near the dishwasher and the wife does a reasonable job at loading if I do say so myself. Packing a suitcase though, not a chance. Just throws crap in any old how.

Sent from my H8314 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    My OCD is so bad that I usually end up emptying my wife’s effort and restacking it.
    You are not alone.

The only difference is that my desire to re-pack the entire contents is driven not by OCD, but a weary reluctance to hand wash every single item which comes out of the dishwasher afterwards, having had the previous food contents baked on by the drying cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Replace dishwasher with suitcase.... same thing
    And also with the packing of the cases and other stuff into the boot of the car!

My wife has also taken to putting the damn thing on its half normal time cycle and claims its just as good as the long one, it really isn't, Ive given up trying to show her the dirty plates and simply put it on twice and let her think she's correct.
    Cheers..
    Jase

I tell the family just to leave everything on the draining board and I will load it. If on the rare occasions someone puts something in, I usually have to remove it and load it properly.

What is this "dishwasher" of which you speak ???

Women and dishwashers?

Trick question.....they're the same thing... right?

I've explained a million times that crockery is not 'transparent' to water to her.

I've been on my hands and knees showing her how the jets come up from underneath and need a clear path.

I have no idea how that part of her brain became diseased.

I've posted about this a few times in the Dear Wife thread.
    My wife loads the dishwasher likes she 2 years old, overlapping, not rinsing all guilty of.
    I came home the other day and was greeted to this......overlapping pans, handle hitting the water bar, I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by greenandblack View Post
    I reckon there's an app in this for OCD commuters - points for how efficiently you can stack dishwashers.
    Check this out!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/joecla...7647793041923/

Master
    The only dishwasher in our house is me. Why is it that there’s always some spoon or other left in the bowl when I empty it?

Blog Entries
    My SWMBO leaves the dishwasher to me, she got fed up years ago with me growling about her bafflingly illogical dishwasher loading.

I am genuinely starting to believe that my wife and 18 year old daughter only load it so poorly just to wind me up, as I’m losing my head they are in hysterics at me... I just don’t get what is so difficult?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Well, my wife is excellent at most things, including the dishwashing thingy of which I have no understanding, and gives great head.

Take your finger off the trigger darling and put it down gently.

Master
    In defence of the femail of the species I am better at loading the dishwasher than my other half. He puts ot on when half empty due to inefficient loading.

He also has the inability to fold a towel and put it back in the right place....but thats a whole other story.

Some years ago, not long after the now-Mrs Draft and I got together, she ordered for me a surprise gift- a glass dildo. She had it delivered to my office in a misguided and failed attempt to embarrass me. Said item now resides on my desk as a paperweight (except when clients visit) and doubles as an office mascot.

All by-the-by except the thing that stuck in my mind from the blurb on the long-since discarded packaging was the recommendation to pop said item in the dishwasher to clean it after use...

Master
    Tbf my wife is just about as good as me at the dishwasher. The kids on the other hand... Half of it is to make unloading easier so you can grab all the same items at once to remove. I've just about beaten that fact into their heads lol Our washer now has a top rack for cutlery which is brilliant makes doing them so much better.

Craftsman
    My wife has taken to leaving the dishes on top of the washer, i'll need to learn to keep my big mouth shut.

On quite a few occasions I get the comment that the dishwasher hasn't cleaned the dishes etc very well, 9 times out of 10, it is because you have put a long utensil into the cutlery holder which acts as a 'stop' for the propeller thingy.

But she is lovely in almost all other ways.

Master
    My wife does the dishwasher loading, as apparently I don’t do it properly.

I am fine with that.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    My wife does the dishwasher loading, as apparently I don’t do it properly.

I am fine with that.

Pete
    She sounds like a keeper mate.

Saucepan in a saucepan in a saucepan, like Russian dolls. WTF???

Not one pan gets clean and no matter how many times I mention it, the same thing happens twice a week.

I get accused of chauvinism when I explain so I'm dammned either way

Craftsman
    Mine's tom tit at loading the dishwasher... and the washing machine... and the tumble dryer.... although the latter two she has got a bit better at now...
    the tumble drier didn't tumble, just rotated a huge solid block of wet items, had to explain that the clothes needed to errrrr... tumble, same with the washing machine really... if there was any free space it had to be filled, pushed in with foot until you could not get any more in...

Did tell her, but had to hide my Global knife set first... Thai.... you know what things they cut off....

Regards

V

When did men become the experts on house work? I think we truly have lost the battle of the sexes.

Craftsman
    I let her pack the car before we drive to France for the holiday. I pack it on the way back. That way seems to maximise space for cheap wine.

Sent from my VFD 710 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post
    I find there is the same issue with any sort of packing whether the dishwasher, car boot going camping or holiday suitcases. In all of these cases I usually end up removing everything and doing it all from scratch.

Spacial awareness and simple physics.
    Arrgghhh. I insist on packing the car myself. We have four kids so a lot of stuff to get in but it's always ordered and neat. I always make sure the load is level so I can see behind me too. Once it's done, my wife - without fail- will produce three or four 'Bags of Doom'. These normally take the shape of those canvas bags for life, stuffed full of board games that we won't play or DVD's that we won't watch. She simply rests these new bags ontop of my neat pile completely blocking my view of what's behind me on the road. I simply refuse to drive like that so need to unpack half the car to accomodate the new stuff. This happens every single year. Every. Single. Year.

For reference, she isn't too bad at stacking the dishwasher but does sometimes leave cups upright so they fill with water.