closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Pensionwise

Master
    Blog Entries

Pensionwise

I'm of the age where I'm starting to think about my pension options when I retire.

I took advantage of the government's free Pension Wise service this morning. I'm already reasonably pension savvy but it's a free service & I thought that I might find some useful nuggets of information. For example that you can take £500 tax free from your pension pot, up to three times, to pay for pensions advice from an independent financial advisor (Pensions advice allowance)

I spoke to a very helpful man at Pension Wise for over an hour this morning & can highly recommend the service to anybody who is thinking about retiring in the next few years & wants to know more about their options.

https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en

Yes I used them, and got some good advice. Ended up with a provider giving me more than if I stayed with the one I was with. Highly recommended.

Craftsman
    I tried it but the 12 year old on the other end of the line didn’t have a clue about what he was talking about.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I'm of the age where I'm starting to think about my pension options when I retire.

For example that you can take £500 tax free from your pension pot, up to three times, to pay for pensions advice from an independent financial advisor (Pensions advice allowance)

https://www.pensionwise.gov.uk/en
    That's a new one on me. I'm looking to retire at 61, well finish anyway and retire at 62.
    The CETV i was quoted wasn't big enough and the early retirement penalties start at 36% for a 60 year old, but I'm desperate to finish work.

Cheers for that

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    That's a new one on me. I'm looking to retire at 61, well finish anyway and retire at 62.
    The CETV i was quoted wasn't big enough and the early retirement penalties start at 36% for a 60 year old, but I'm desperate to finish work.

Cheers for that
    It was only introduced in April this year and doesnt apply if you have a defined benefits or final salary scheme, guess not many people do these days.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    It was only introduced in April this year and doesnt apply if you have a defined benefits or final salary scheme, guess not many people do these days.
    Ok thanks for that. I was only telling someone at work about this news and now find out it doesn't apply.