closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What's your best NATO style strap

What's your best NATO style strap

I thought this might be a good place to start a chat about good nato straps and maybe also call out some bad ones.

I'll kick off. I've got one of these and it's very comfortable. The hardware is good and I quite like the pattern.

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver...atch-strap.php

Just took delivery of a watchgecko nato / good quality but damn it’s long. Couldn’t see a short option. Double tuck back required also other than Eulit most other perlons I’ve tried tend to be scratchy

Craftsman
    I've just purchased an Erika's Original which I guess is pretty much a NATO?
    Read very good things about them, now I just have to wait 10-12 working days...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by domwells View Post
    I've just purchased an Erika's Original which I guess is pretty much a NATO?
    Read very good things about them, now I just have to wait 10-12 working days...

They are very good-about to try something different with my Pelagos so just ordered one of these.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    They are very good-about to try something different with my Pelagos so just ordered one of these.
    Nice, I went for the Mirage with white stripe and polished hardware, no printing.
    It's going on a Breitling for Bentley Mark VI white dial - in my mind it works, let's see.

Apprentice
    I would suggest Oxygen nato straps, they are great quality and value for money and the variety is impressive!

Good call on the oxygen straps. They looks to be very good and pretty reasonably priced. Most importantly the buckles seem substantial. This is where the cheaper ones really let the side down.

I haven't yet found anything better than Eddie's ones. Less than a tenner too. I have four of the Coyote Brown ones and they suit most of my watches (not sure about the Rolex though). I wear them with the hardware round the back.

"A man of little significance"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxy100 View Post
    I haven't yet found anything better than Eddie's ones. Less than a tenner too. I have four of the Coyote Brown ones and they suit most of my watches (not sure about the Rolex though).

I wish that strap came in 22mm, I'd have a couple in a flash for my Everest and Voyager. The 20mm I have goes on both of my Damaskos (DC56 & DA37) and my PRS5 Broadarrow when they are worn in rotation.

F.T.F.A.

[QUOTE=magirus;4856533]I wish that strap came in 22mm, I'd have a couple in a flash for my Everest and Voyager. The 20mm I have goes on both of my Damaskos (DC56 & DA37) and my PRS5 Broadarrow when they are worn in rotation./QUOTE]

Me too. I ended up buying two 22mm NATOs recommended here on TZ and while each cost around £20 they're just not as good as Eddie's. Having said that I wear my 22mm lug 6309-7040s on 20mm NATOs so it's not the end of the world!
    "A man of little significance"

Another vote for Eddies Straps. They fit me like a glove, the hardware is tough and they look great when worn regularly then put in the washing machine to soften them and distress them a bit.

Master
    Had quite a few different ones and have just received one of Eddie's deluxe NATOs. I have to say it is the best one so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Had quite a few different ones and have just received one of Eddie's deluxe NATOs. I have to say it is the best one so far.
    I agree. The deluxe NATO's are just superb.

And I've got a fair few NATO's (this is just a selection).
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Phoenix admiralty grey always looks good.

another vote for the zuludiver

Quote Originally Posted by WhopperSenior View Post
    I thought this might be a good place to start a chat about good nato straps and maybe also call out some bad ones.

I'll kick off. I've got one of these and it's very comfortable. The hardware is good and I quite like the pattern.

https://www.watchgecko.com/zuludiver...atch-strap.php
    Have to agree with the Zuludiver's - I like the extra length on them as I wear Nato's in the "tucked under/undertuck" style and find i need one 290-300 mm to get the neatest fit. quality and
    comfort is great on them - so is the price -regularly do 10% off as well. I've tried some premium ones from America as well - - I was least impressed with blu-shark - I spent about £80 buying four in, found them to be stiff , scratchy - and too short - ebayed em all after a week

This thread seems to be unlinked from the strap sub-forum. Anyone know why? Will anyone be able to see this?