closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rio 2016 Omega Speedmaster Mark ll - a slow burner hit.

Rio 2016 Omega Speedmaster Mark ll - a slow burner hit.

I bought a Rio 2016 Speedmaster a year or so back and now find myself wearing it virtually constantly- my other watches ain’t getting much wrist time at all.
    It’s extremely comfortable and feels solid/well engineered. The bracelet and clasp are as good as I’ve ever known (other than a Deepsea) and the dial layout just works imho with the coloured sub dials adding that bit extra.....plus the anti reflective crystal is the best I’ve ever seen.

The movement is superb and has proved deadly accurate ....my only slight complaint with the watch is the tiny push button date change on the side of the case- I’d rather a standard quick set date on the crown....however because it’s usually a daily wearer it’s seldom an issue.

Anyone else here find the Rio 2016 Speedmaster an unexpected hit?

screenshot windows

how to screenshot on windows 7

I really like them, but then I'm a fan of the MkII in general. These were available for an absolute bargain price in a highstreet jewellers a while back, as usual I didn't have the funds to take advantage which was slightly gutting.

Grand Master
    One of Omega's best offerings in recent years, although I`d prefer it without the date!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I really like them, but then I'm a fan of the MkII in general. These were available for an absolute bargain price in a highstreet jewellers a while back, as usual I didn't have the funds to take advantage which was slightly gutting.
    Do you recall which jewellers and at what price?

Fantastic looking watch, no wonder it’s grown on you. I am partial to the MKii look and this one is ace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman

Rio 2016 Omega Speedmaster Mark ll - a slow burner hit.

Love my mark II. It gets more wrist time than anything else nowadays.

It has a date change on the side? All this time I’ve been spending ages winding it forward to set the date!!!

Very nice. I have a bit of a thing for the racing dial version of this watch too.
    It's just a matter of time...

Tried one on a while ago in the Trafford centre. I was quite taken with the gold, silver and bronze sub dial details.
    I remain,.however, something of a purist where speedmasters are concerned. The "moonwatch" is the only model l think I'll ever own.

Quote Originally Posted by farmkid View Post
    Do you recall which jewellers and at what price?
    No I can't remember either, think they were something like £2,750 and might have been Fraser Hart. Was less than a year ago and was the best bargain in a sale that was posted up here. I seem to remember at least one person from here grabbed one.

Craftsman
    I must say I *really* like the orange dial versions of these. This is lovely also.

The dial is brilliant but the case back isn’t great. Although you hardly ever see the case back so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lovely looking thing!

I can't imagine buying a special edition watch associated with an event I have no vested interest in. I.e.. if Rio meant something to me I get it, but otherwise I wouldn't...unless I really loved the look of the watch and the price was on par with a std issue item

Which to be fair might be the case here!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app