closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Second time

Second time

Just bought watch I sold 3 weeks ago and it is second time I did the same thing. First one was Hamilton limited edition GMT. Lovely watch, had it for 2 years IIRC, but had to sell to fund incoming Speedmaster. I missed it and bought the same one when I had a chance. Second time I somehow did not bonded with it and sold in 6 month.

Fast forward several years. I sent both of my watches to Chronext for appraisal and bought Seiko turtle, because I needed watch and I liked it. As it was supposed to be temporary, I put FS ad in local forum, got message that someone wants to see it. Next day buyer came to my office, put watch on and gave me money.

Fast forward 3 weeks. Yesterday I was browsing watchrecon and I see that someone is selling the same blue turtle for almost new and for half RRP. Two messages later money was paid and as of this morning turtle is on a way to me. I hope it will stay with me until next spring.

I know that I am not unique, please share your stories how and why you bought the same watch twice.

Seiko orange monster,,

I've had two, both have been sold to friends for peanuts, now I want another,,,
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I had an issued CWC quartz diver from 1996. I had convinced myself that I should phase the quartz watches out of my collection in favour of mechanical pieces. I ended up doing a trade towards a Czech air force issued Lemania. It was a nice watch but I think I bought it mainly because it felt like the progression I should be making rather than loving it.

Big mistake! I massively regretted it and it took me several months to get another issued CWC diver. I probably ended up a few hundred quid down out of the whole ordeal. That being said, the one I have now is much nicer than the one I started with so not all bad. I have since picked up a load of quartz military watches and then scaled back again. Everything that got sold was worn full time for over a week before moving on. That way I could be sure it's not something I was in love with.

Master
    I’ve done this twice. Both sales were in a short space of time (and before I contracted the TZ-UK strain of flippers’ disease). The first was a tritium-dialled Moonwatch. The second a polar Explorer II.

In the case of the Omega, I needed the cash and thought I wouldn’t miss it. But I did. The longing was made worse by the fact that I sold it to a colleague and would occasionally see *my* watch on *his* wrist. I gave him the Moonwatch Only book too. 🤦🏻*♂️

In the case of the Exp II, it didn’t move me. I prefer older watches, especially those with matte dials and plexiglass. The Exp II, though about 12 years old, was just too new.

I bought another this year because I missed the white-dial option in my watch drawer and I do like the super-luminova. However I’m now reminded how the first one left me cold, and I’ve turned strongly against the cyclops in the last couple of years. So the 16570 will be first for the chop.

IIRC there have been threads about watches we’ve bought and sold twice or more. This will be my entry.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I'm on my 3rd Seiko Alpinist...

Craftsman
    What a nice colour of Seiko and great pictures!