closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SIHEM watch.Mortima C66 movement.Is this a mortima subsidiary?

Apprentice

SIHEM watch.Mortima C66 movement.Is this a mortima subsidiary?

I was recently given a watch by a friend.He said it had a history of the Israeli secret service that his father was involved in.
    The watch says SIHEM on the dial.Having removed the back,it looks like the movement is a C66 that wa sused in the Mortima.Although it doesn't state the jewel count on the movement.
    I did a bit of research, and found that an American selelr had a similar watch that was named SIHEM,and he said it was a mortima brand.
    The top buttona ctually comes off if it is pulled to adjust(it doesn't actually adjust anything), so I wonder if it should be free, or fixed and does it rotate anything,or meant to rotate anything if it is fixed?
    The middle winder obviously adjusts the time and date(no quick set date, and no between 9 and 3 etc.It has to go a full 24 hours to change the date).
    The bottom winder rotates anti clockwise and clockwise and rotates the blue dial with 1-31 on it, but as that rotates,so does the month dial above the number 12.
    i really have no clue as to how to set the watch up, or if the top winder was made to actually come off,or even if this is a lunar watch??.
    Any info.,how to set the watch up, help and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Apparently,the SIHEM was made 1960-1969.
    Unfortunately,I can't upload the 3 photos i have.I keep getting the message Failed.

Apprentice

[IMG]pix.sfly.com/VtqBhM6k[/IMG]

Hopefully,i have sorted it.There should be 3 photos available.
    Last edited by tickymicky; 15th August 2018 at 01:05. Reason: Wrong link to photos.

Apprentice

Red face SIHEM WATCH

https://pix.sfly.com/BJeQt7

I think this is the link for the 3 photos.

To answer one of your questions, no, that is absolutely, categorically, most definitely not a lunar watch.

I'd guess worth 20 quid, I wouldn't hold out much hope for it being some long-forgotten gem. Sorry.