closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Speedmaster screwed link bracelet Q.

Master

Speedmaster screwed link bracelet Q.

I have a newish Speedy Pro, when I got it I remember having a bit of a faff with the clapped out screwdrivers I have here.
    Does anyone know what size I'd need to order, and what make is decent quality please?
    Many thanks

Master
    So long as the screws do not have loctite on them (in which case heat it up) then even a clapped out cheap screw driver should be more than sufficient. Mine are as cheap as they come, but as long as I run them over a sharpening stone then then for the single task at hand, they perform no different to the fancier offerings (given many here won't touch a bracelet without the manufacturers own toolkit, it may be a controversial opinion, but it really isn't that hard to use any old screw driver if in good shaoe without mauling a bracelet). The issues tend to arise because if loctite and having to apply too much torque.

Grand Master
    Dress the end of the screwdriver on a stone, use heat to soften the loctite (quick flash in a gas flame’s best), use a magnifier to see what you’re doing. Work on a tray for obvious reasons, use a piece of blu tack to pick the screws up. Use a tiny spot of loctite to secure the screws.