closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Aaaargh! Please God no!

Aaaargh! Please God no!

Someone tell me BOTH Rolex's are fake!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7rQ2BoS4w&t=3s

so, that imbecile destroyed Rolex to sell 5$ grooming kit?

yup - my favourite quote... "they're pretty much the same inside"

Refuse to watch it and give him a view. What a strange attention seeking thing to do.

Master
    Why not just take it apart like a person with a brain, do people really watch that kind of tat

This was 100% enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooshabak View Post
    Why not just take it apart like a person with a brain, do people really watch that kind of tat
    it looks that this is some kind of american culture thing to destroy random things - put in a blender, in a big press, shoot with a gun, drive over with car etc.

I refuse to understand this. it's not entertaining and definitely not enjoyable to watch.

Moronic

Master
    Why... why... why...

Master
    I don't see the issue to be honest. So what if he trashed a Rolex? The guy is in it to make money, and probably wouldn't have just shy of 6 million subscribers if he took a boring sensible approach to everything. Whether the video or approach is your cup of tea or not, it clearly gets him the views.

Craftsman
    Where is safety in this?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Looks like an older and younger Ant n Deck.

Really

Eats pork scratching

(Don't do pop corn)

Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

ugly watch - best thing for it imho

and the fake isn't much better

the guy comes across as a bit clueless, but he is making money by destroying stuff and being sponsored to do it so how dull is he really ?
    its just a watch , not exactly a one of a kind piece of art is it …

Journeyman
    Ugh. That was depressing. What a shame this privileged guy didn't end the video by saying "hey, they were both actually fakes and we sold the rolex and donated the money to charity" or something.

Master

Stupid

The reality and YouTube rubbish that attracts such great numbers of viewers is beyond me and these “influencers” are in a league of their own!!
    I watch some car channels with my son but for the most part the watch ones annoy me or bore me! This guy is just trying to think of shock things to do to get views!

Like others I haven’t given him my time as the meow clicks he gets the more money he makes!!

Chris

What a weapon!

It's a publicity stunt. Nothing more.

Depressing stuff, especially if one of the watches is indeed real. What have we sunk to. But I get the commercial motive and that YT seems to be a career choice for some and a way to make money - can't blame them I suppose.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

What a bunch of curmudgeons.

I'm not a massive fan of this guys channel but I've seen some of his videos over the last year or so.

Guy and his son cut things open to see what's inside. Everything and anything, it all gets treated the same.

With 6m subscribers and almost 900m views which on an average 2 USD/1000 views would put their and revenue alone at 2m USD before endorsements etc (like the razors).

I've not watched it , but I will.
    It's just a watch. And I'm sure he's not claiming to be a watch expert, he would probably apologise in advance to watch fans based on how polite he's been in the past.

It is publicity seeking in the way all YouTube videos are.

And its only a guy hanging out with his son cutting things they have bought or have been given things in half.

Just watched the video

First that Rolex was pretty fugly to start with.

Then tell me how that isn't the best way ever to remove a strap!

A little bit of light entertainment.

All the commentary pretty much sums up how 99.9% of the world feel about spending 000s on a watch.

Quote Originally Posted by farquare View Post
    What a bunch of curmudgeons.

I'm not a massive fan of this guys channel but I've seen some of his videos over the last year or so.

Guy and his son cut things open to see what's inside. Everything and anything, it all gets treated the same.

With 6m subscribers and almost 900m views which on an average 2 USD/1000 views would put their and revenue alone at 2m USD before endorsements etc (like the razors).

I've not watched it , but I will.
    It's just a watch. And I'm sure he's not claiming to be a watch expert, he would probably apologise in advance to watch fans based on how polite he's been in the past.

It is publicity seeking in the way all YouTube videos are.

And its only a guy hanging out with his son cutting things they have bought or have been given things in half.
    Exactly. Scores about 0.001 on the importance scale.

Master
    I can see both sides of the fuss. You either have mechanical sympathy or you don’t, it’s a respect thing IMO. Others don’t care and I understand that, same sort of people that will thrash their car from cold etc. We’re all different.

I didn’t like watching it but that’s just because I respect the amount of work it took to make and the fact it’s survived so many years and the movement still looked great.

I also didn’t see the point of the many minutes of cutting through the lugs to remove the strap with a very boring outcome yet the money shot of getting to the movement he used a proper tool to open the back! Would have been ‘better’ to cut the back open and not the lugs off.

Right or wrong aside it’s a pretty rubbish video, would have been more interesting cut it in half or even get it on a water jet cutter for a cross section.

I don't think it's that simple. I consider myself to have a high degree of mechanical sympathy. However I still enjoyed the sillyness of the video.

I also suspect a water jet cutter might be way more expensive than a portable dremmel.

Taking the case back off with a tool was fine, but i was a little disappointed he didn't cut the movement in half!

I did like the scratching and smashing of the crystal.
    Reminded me a bit like the crash test dummy tests done by manufacturers of new cars.
    Hopefully you'll never need to test it's claim but you have a bit more knowledge about what it can handle.

That's reassuring and annoying in equal measure given I broke an expensive watch when coming into the office this week.