closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Car Trade In

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Fair point on the VAT.

Regarding wiggle room, if we use the same valuation tool on my car & theirs, trade in vs forecourt, they’re significantly under the guide on mine, and significantly over on theirs.

They’ve put the price up by £1k on theirs since June when they got the car, so are clearly adding another £1k wiggle room on top of the £2k they’re over guide price.

Will not be using them as a dealer anyway as still not received a call back from them, even to say they have no movement. I find a lack of communication extremely rude, obviously their targets are so low they don’t need to bother following up leads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Some retailers will use dynamic pricing where the price will adjust potentially on a daily basis relative to the same cars in
    market (body style, trim, option data etc.) and align their price point incorporating adverts in both retail and private.

No excuse for poor communication though - you are a hot lead today and retailing isn't the rich source of local walk-up business it once was.

Fair point on the VAT.

Regarding wiggle room, if we use the same valuation tool on my car & theirs, trade in vs forecourt, they’re significantly under the guide on mine, and significantly over on theirs.

They’ve put the price up by £1k on theirs since June when they got the car, so are clearly adding another £1k wiggle room on top of the £2k they’re over guide price.

Will not be using them as a dealer anyway as still not received a call back from them, even to say they have no movement. I find a lack of communication extremely rude, obviously their targets are so low they don’t need to bother following up leads.

hmm Sytner ??

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TKH View Post
    hmm Sytner ??
    No, but have been added to the same list as Sytner. Unfortunately I’m running out of dealers I am willing to use.

Cooper Reading lied about not having washed my Z4M, did a rubbish job, as was fresh out of winter storage. Dash cam witnessed the entire 3.5min wash & dry with a squeegee blade that out a long micro scratch in the bonnet. Still don’t believe they changed the oil so did it myself after.

They offered to services of a valet to rectify who on their website quote ‘we then chamois the car dry’.....chamois, seriously!?

Oh and they also used the same dirty cloth they poorly apply tyre blackening to on my pedals....how thick can you be. The tyres already had nano sealant on them, so they screwed that up too.

Off topic rant over!

Master

Car Trade In

Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    Some retailers will use dynamic pricing where the price will adjust potentially on a daily basis relative to the same cars in
    market (body style, trim, option data etc.) and align their price point incorporating adverts in both retail and private.

No excuse for poor communication though - you are a hot lead today and retailing isn't the rich source of local walk-up business it once was.
    I’ve seen dynamic pricing on certain goods or commodities but not on cars before. I tend to be the sort who’s tracking prices a few months before I buy, partly out of interest but also enjoy daydream car shopping (online of course, not wasting dealer time!)

Craftsman
    It’s Silver White, or White Silver; always forget which way around! Lovely metallic fleck in the paint that really lifts it, and one of those colours that doesn’t look dirty.
    Matt does it have a sun-roof? (can't quite tell from the photo)

Master
    OP, have you tried tootle.co.uk?

I am currently in the process of selling my car. Didn’t want to part exchange as I am changing brands and the dealer where I’m buying would have to sell to a dealer of the outgoing marque and would have offered lower accordingly.

I looked at Parkers valuation to get a basic idea. Then obtained quotes from webuyanycar.com and wewantanycar.com. The latter offered considerably more. Took that offer to my 2 nearest franchised dealers - one was useless but the other offered a bit more than wewantanycar.com and I was reasonably happy with that. I also put up a description and some photos on tootle and while offers from most dealers via tootle were at the lower end of Parkers valuation, an independent dealer was willing to negotiate and we have agreed a price that beats the best offer from my local dealer. The guy is coming to London from Yorkshire this week to have a look. If he likes it, he will get his office to settle finance and pay the balance to my account. I will then confirm both have received the funds and let him take the car away. We have discussed in great detail over email, text and phone. I have provided him plenty of additional high res photos so there won’t be any surprises, hence his willingness to make the 2.5 hour train & tube journey. I’m confident of closing the deal as the car is in superb condition and I have been honest with him about the minor marks etc.

Worth a try, especially as there is no cost to the seller to advertise on tootle. The buying side is always a dealer from anywhere in the country. All the offers I received (good, bad and in-between) included collection from my home. You don’t have to put up with tyre kickers or daydreamers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretzel View Post
    Matt does it have a sun-roof? (can't quite tell from the photo)
    Hi, no sunroof. Never been a fan of how they break up the red roof.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FK77 View Post
    OP, have you tried tootle.co.uk?
    Hadn’t heard of them, thank you