closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Port forwarding for Xbox one.

Port forwarding for Xbox one.

Just recently started online gaming again on the WW2 game. Suffering from awful lag which makes it almost not worth bothering. I'm hard wired with virgin 200 meg speed so cant see that is the problem. I've changed the dns settings to OPENdns servers and managed to changed the NAT to open.
    Reading online it seems I need to change the way the Xbox connects to the net by doing something to the port forwarding but I'm buggered if I can find any decent info.
    anyone offer some help.....bearing in mind I'm computer stupid.

FFF

Setting on your router. Provider should be able to help.

We had this issue, we reset the box and reloaded the games and it sorted it out. Can’t promise it will work with you but it did for ours.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    If you have open nat on your Xbox you are good to go. It means all the ports are correctly open on the router. It should be done automatically anyway via UPnP on any modern router. Your line speed means nothing over a few MB for actual gaming it is down to the latency from your console to wherever the server hosting the actual match is. COD used to rarely have dedicated servers so you were peer to peer on someone else’s console with whatever crap connection they have.

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    If you have open nat on your Xbox you are good to go. It means all the ports are correctly open on the router. It should be done automatically anyway via UPnP on any modern router.
    Universal Plug and Pray is the first thing that I'd switch off if it's enabled, its a big security hole.
    Last edited by Nogbad The Bad; 13th August 2018 at 21:31.