closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there a decent Iphone App out there to measure time keeping of a watch / clock?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

Is there a decent Iphone App out there to measure time keeping of a watch / clock?

Per the title. I would like to check time keeping of my watches as well as watches that i am looking to buy on the spot.

I also need it when repairing an old clock for a car => finishing to restore a 1968 Mercedes Pagoda 280sl w113 which has an electro mechanical clock running way too fast.

As much as possible, i would rather not have to buy a timegrapher.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance,

Eric.

I have two apps:

1. Watchtracker - to track accuracy of watches. https://itunes.apple.com/lv/app/watc...610666926?mt=8 very easy to use.
    2. Timegrapher - as name suggest, it is a timegrapher app you can use with iphone earphone mic. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/watc...991367080?mt=8 it is not super accurate, but it detects some parameters like beat error and amplitude on par with witschi timegrapher. I doubt you will get acceptable results in noisy shop.

I also like Watch Tracker and Watch Tuner app is good as well.

Eric, I tried a few of these, both free and paid for and all disappointed in one way or another so I bit the bullet and paid £100 for a timegrapher..far superior.
    Keith

Is there a decent Iphone App out there to measure time keeping of a watch / clock?

I use an Android app called Watch Check that uses an NTP and GPS time ticks to get the correct time. Lets you set position information and a memo field. Free and works well.

I’m not impressed that almost every iOS app wants money. I tried one and returned it for not even working well. :(

Not sure it's what you're looking for, but ToolWatch may do the job.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    thank you for the feedback gents. I will try some of these (first the free ones) and revert.

Since it's with a view to fix my car's clock (mainly), there is no second hand but it is reasonably loud, it is a bit unusual. Will revert...

Craftsman
    on iOS try Hairspring

Adam

Blog Entries
    Just downloaded Timegrapher app. Will give it a try on a Seiko thats losing a bit.

Ian

Watchtracker was the consensus when I was looking around 2yrs ago, and I’ve been happy with it on iOS.

Master
    I just watchville which is not a timing app but consolidating blogs, but it has a timer built in including the moon phase which I fiind useful. Also free.

Just a thought, I don’t think a timegrapher will work with an electro mechanical movement, not to measure amplitude etc. anyway.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alfat33 View Post
    Just a thought, I don’t think a timegrapher will work with an electro mechanical movement, not to measure amplitude etc. anyway.
    Correct.

My advice is to take the simple route: use a quartz watch for comparison every few hours! Hopefully the clock will have some type of trimmer/adjustment and a few attempts will get it close enough.

I wouldn`t waste my time with phone apps.

Paul

I misunderstood, the phone app I recommended works if there’s a sweep second hand. If it’s a two-hander clock, comparison with a reliable quartz should be sufficient. Just examine the clock under test every few hours when the quartz is at :00.