closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A black James Bond!!

It's a shame that Fassbender has ruled himself out, as I can't think of anyone better to play Bond.

Anyway, I really like Elba and couldn't care less that he's black. I'm not sure that he's right for the role, though.

A left-field suggestion:

Scott Adkins.
    ______

​Jim.

I think Paul Anderson would be a better Bond than Hardy, he even looks like Bond as envisaged by Fleming

Master
    I would have gone for Michael Fassbender as the next Bond, but it would be interesting to see Idris Elba in a remake of Live and Let Die.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster73 View Post
    I think Live and Let Die would have been a rather different novel if he wasn't.
    As indeed would "You only Live Twice". If I'm honest, Connery wasn't entirely convincing as a poor Japanese fisherman...
    Although no trees were harmed during the creation of this post, a large number of electrons were greatly inconvenienced.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eletos View Post
    Is this not just clever marketing?
    Ofcourse launching the idea is.

If a credible real world character would be the issue, then nóne of the previous blokes would have passed muster; all were way too conspicuous.
    It is all make believe bs based on a best seller book series fictional stereotype character.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward point View Post
    As indeed would "You only Live Twice". If I'm honest, Connery wasn't entirely convincing as a poor Japanese fisherman...

Connery brought great humour to the part, and that scene was one of the highlights. 1.05 in the following scene is also a gem . . .

F.T.F.A.

^^^^^

Lol.

Roger Moore should have been on the list currently running in the BP. Enjoyed the films years ago, but looking back.....jeez.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I think Paul Anderson would be a better Bond than Hardy, he even looks like Bond as envisaged by Fleming

A trip to the opticians is in order.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Connery brought great humour to the part, and that scene was one of the highlights. 1.05 in the following scene is also a gem . . .
    Ha, only just caught onto that now you've pointed it out. Pure smutty inuendo in the best British tradition.

Master
    I don’t think Elba will get it, really like him as an actor and could care less about his colour just don’t think he is a fit. As others have said Fassbender would be perfect but no way he would do it.

Also don’t think Tom Hardy is right but also would say there is no way he would do it either. He is just too good and would ruin his career with a all encompassing franchise like this.

I think Tom Cruise would be perfect!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Fourteen pages about a fictional character???? Really????

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Fourteen pages about a fictional character???? Really????
    You should see the harry Potter thread in the bullingdon
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master
    Idris Elba is a British actor who is not only cool, but packs the kind of menace and intimidation, that always made Bond such an awesome character. The colour of his skin shouldn't factor into it, and that people are banging on about how he should be white is so desperately sad.

Bond as a character may have been conceived in the 60's but we're not in the 60's any more. It's modern times. Try and get with them. Making arguments that he should be a white man, and that anyone who wants Elba as Bond is some kind of liberal snowflake just makes you look like a sad relic, frankly.

I'm reminded of the time not so very long ago when everyone thought Rupert Everett was nailed on for the part. He did a memorable Sunday paper interview in which he said "They know I'd be perfect, but they'd rather stick needles in their eyes than cast me".

In any case, the Elba rumours are fake news.

Hats off to his agent/publicist for pulling this schtick every few months, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chicaneuk View Post
    Idris Elba is a British actor who is not only cool, but packs the kind of menace and intimidation, that always made Bond such an awesome character. The colour of his skin shouldn't factor into it, and that people are banging on about how he should be white is so desperately sad. Bond as a character may have been conceived in the 60's but we're not in the 60's any more. It's modern times. Try and get with them. Making arguments that he should be a white man, and that anyone who wants Elba as Bond is some kind of liberal snowflake just makes you look like a sad relic, frankly.
    Aye, same as those "sad relics" that used to harp on about how Charlie Chan should be played by an asian.

Make Vinnie Jones the new Bond and we can all move on. The names Jones, Vinnie Jones. It’s got a ring to it

Grand Master
    Having reflected I don’t think Idris should play Bond

He is one of the best actors out there and should t lower himself to the role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    RIAC