closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: G-Shock LCD Reversal

G-Shock LCD Reversal

Anything to be aware of before flipping an LCD on a modern G-Shock? We all used to do it on our watches as 8 year olds to get that inverted effect; now I have a factory inverted LCD and my eyes miss the legibility!

Anything to stop me unleashing my inner 8 year old?

Guess I'm on my own then...

I think you'll miss the date surround box (if that makes sense) on some models if you rotate the polariser. Otherwise, I believe it is just a matter of being careful not to damage anything, and if the display is not square, making sure you have enough height/width once rotated (or just flip it)

E.g. http://yeokhengmeng.com/2014/07/chan...itive-display/

Thanks - think I’ll give it a go and report back.

I tried it a while back. The best advice I'd give is don't mess it up. I speak from cack-handed experience. :(

This poor fellow is no more...

In a nutshell, I made a poor job of cutting out the replacement polarising film, and managed to break a number of the individual LCD elements when applying it onto the display with too much force, such that they wouldn't ever turn on.

Lesson learnt: Don't let my enthusiasm get ahead of my skill in doing stuff like this.

I hop e you fare much better than I did!

To add, now that I've thought it over, what damaged the LCD elements was when I was using a cotton bud to clean off the glue from the old polarizing film on the display. I thought I was being gentle enough, but evidently not.