closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Brendan Hoey experience.. #webwatchmaker

The Brendan Hoey experience.. #webwatchmaker

I recently sent my Zeno Explorer off to Brendan for a full service.

The Zeno was in fact brand new, but it had a few mechanical issues.. These issues, I believe we're all down to Zeno not actually servicing the NOS movement's within.

I contacted Brendan via PM explaining the issues and I received a very friendly response back within a matter of minutes! :)

Brendan advised me to send the watch into him as soon as possible so he could inspect the watch.

I posted the watch off to Brendan the very next Morning and Brendan confirmed the safe delivery of the watch the very next day... Excellent! :)

A week later a receive a message from Brendan confirming that the Zeno was on the workbench.

Throughout that day, I received numerous emails from Brendan containing reports and images the watches stages throughout the service, which I really appreciated.

The watch was stripped, cleaned and running again with all issues fixed by the early evening that day.

Brendan then emailed me an image of the Zeno on the watch Timegrapher showing the fantastic results he had managed to achieve! :)

The watch was back with me 2 days later and it has now been on my wrist for a few days and its running absolutely flawlessly.

I messaged Brendan back thanking him for doing such a fabulous job, the service you receive from Brendan is absolutely fantastic and he's also a really nice guy with a brilliant sense of humour too!! :)

I'm so happy with the service Brendan provided that i've just now sent him my 66-8950 to service and I can see me sending more watches his way to service in the future too!! :)

I have dealt with some fabulous watchmakers on and off this forum over the years, Brendan is amongst the best out there.

If you've got a Watch that needs some TLC, Brendan is your man.. And you certainly won't be disappointed with the service you receive, I can assure you of that! ;)

A few images of the Zeno:

Last edited by senraw; 12th August 2018 at 20:00.

Pretty crap that Zeno don’t service the movements they put in. Is that common practice? Good recommendation for Brendan which is nice. Don’t think I would even consider a Zeno now tho.

Great stuff. I found the Zeno I had with the NOS movement gritty and unpleasant to wind, it's why I moved it on. Wonder if it would have been better after a service or some oil, but I assumed Zeno had done that before release and it was usual for the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Pretty crap that Zeno don’t service the movements they put in. Is that common practice? Good recommendation for Brendan which is nice. Don’t think I would even consider a Zeno now tho.
    The Zeno Explorer is such a nice watch though! I was obviously disappointed with its performance before sending it off to Brendan, but now it's running great I'm so happy with it.

Sent from my CUBOT_X18_Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mindforge View Post
    Great stuff. I found the Zeno I had with the NOS movement gritty and unpleasant to wind, it's why I moved it on. Wonder if it would have been better after a service or some oil, but I assumed Zeno had done that before release and it was usual for the movement.
    Pretty sure a service would if cured all the problems you just mentioned.

I'm not 100% sure that Zeno don't inspect or service the movements prior to selling, but so many have been reported to have similar issues. Very bad practice on Zeno's behalf if they don't though!

Your experience mirrors every experience I’ve ever had with Brendon 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Your experience mirrors every experience I’ve ever had with Brendon
    Excellent!

Yes, Ive always had great service from Brendan

As regards the ZEX then this one was supplied as a replacement for one with crown issues. Previous ones Ive bought new have had issues too - one I had replaced as the auto wind wasn't working. The replacement had the same problem but I paid to have it repaired instead of running the risk of ending up with another duff one. I cannot fault James at Time Design as he does his best to sort things out quickly - but Zeno really ought to get their act together here. There QA is poor to sat the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    Yes, Ive always had great service from Brendan

As regards the ZEX then this one was supplied as a replacement for one with crown issues. Previous ones Ive bought new have had issues too - one I had replaced as the auto wind wasn't working. The replacement had the same problem but I paid to have it repaired instead of running the risk of ending up with another duff one. I cannot fault James at Time Design as he does his best to sort things out quickly - but Zeno really ought to get their act together here. There QA is poor to sat the least.
    Zeno certainly seem to have a fair few issues with this particular model. I could of course of sent the watch in under warranty, but I've heard some pretty shocking service reviews too.. It's a shame really as the brand has alot of history behind it.