Parked in the main car park. Very busy in our return
    Saw loads of damage to the side sliding door t6 transporter
    Looked like someone rammed a screwdriver into the handle and actually
    Ripped the metal door up like a large bullet hole
    Didn’t get in. Maybe disturbed. Broad day light busy car park
    Really annoyed. Got a crime number of the police
    No cctv in that area so did all they can do
    Think it needs a whole new sliding door

Shame, van break ins are so common these days sadly.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Sorry to hear that. Sadly, criminals just don't give a monkey's now. They know there is little chance of being caught or put away for any length of time so they are basically fearless. If they steal £10 worth causing £000s damage, they don't care, they are £10 up. Scum. Hope you get it sorted without too much expense.

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Took my son to the cinema yesterday lunchtime
    Showcase in walsgrave Coventry
    Parked in the main car park. Very busy in our return
    Saw loads of damage to the side sliding door t6 transporter
    Looked like someone rammed a screwdriver into the handle and actually
    Ripped the metal door up like a large bullet hole
    Didn’t get in. Maybe disturbed. Broad day light busy car park
    Really annoyed. Got a crime number of the police
    No cctv in that area so did all they can do
    Think it needs a whole new sliding door

Blog Entries
    Transporter vans are so easy to break into. A few of my work vans have been hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    A big Car Park in Livery St in Brum was fair game last year, lost count of how many guys had their vans ripped open like tin openers by these Scum bags. Cops and CCVT don’t give a toss

Blog Entries
    Really annoying! Big thing here as well. Lots of van owners over here use this:

An extra lock that's secured on the tow bar. That red thing obstructs opening the rear door(s). I'm sure these are common in the UK as well. Surely it will not stop a seasoned burglar to break into your van, but it makes life more difficult ( extra time!) for him.

When these are not available in the UK (can't image though) and you're interested, drop me a PM. I'm more than happy to purchase one for you and ship it to you!

Menno

It’s bang out of order
    Lots of my work mates have had there tools nicked
    Thus no earnings till they get it replaced
    It’s £250 excess on my insurance so a dear film to watch
    Bloody ant man. Lol

Blog Entries
    I rang VW and spoke to someone to let them know and ask if they’d had other vans broken into this easy

Guess what they knew nothing about it

My L200 got broke into a few months back, Local Mitsubishi garagebsaid they’d never seen the method used to get on before, yet they couldn’t get a replacement lock as nobody in the uk had stock. Word on how to break in spreads faster amongst scum than to manufacturers. The good news was the police offers me counselling...

Blog Entries
    Waste of time reporting it

Master
    Do you think they were after the van itself, or the contents ?

There is very little to steal from the inside of our T6 camper, when we aren't using it as a camper, but I always fit a Disklok and pedal lock when parked up. That way they know they have a lot more to do if they want to steal the whole van.

Pete

Blog Entries
    Scum tried to break into my garage a while back. When they couldn't get in they went 100 yds down the road and broke into a carpenters van, stole tools. Cost him over £1000 to replace them and more to fix the damage to the van. They should get 3yrs first offence then double it every time afterwards. It might put them off, if not they're locked up!

Ian

Blog Entries

Stealing fuel

Hello

my plumber's van overnight had a large hole drilled on the side, to reach the diesel tank. About 100 liters of diesel stolen.
    Came to my house with a big plaster patch on the side of the van and swearing as just the patching of the tank with some putty costed him another 80 pounds.
    And I thought these things happened only in Naples!
    Ciao
    Franco, Sheffield

Sorry to hear that.

is the van a leisure van or is it a work van? I wonder if they were after the van itself and not the potential contents?

Quote Originally Posted by ptcoll View Post
    Do you think they were after the van itself, or the contents ?
    Contents. As vans are usually used by tradesmen they are after the tools to sell on, usually heading out of the country (Ireland and Eastern Europe in particular) Vans are usually peeled open like tin cans, doors bent or the locks smashed / picked.

It's a huge problem nationally at the moment, which is not being tackled by anyone it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuisance Value View Post
    Contents. As vans are usually used by tradesmen they are after the tools to sell on, usually heading out of the country (Ireland and Eastern Europe in particular) Vans are usually peeled open like tin cans, doors bent or the locks smashed / picked.

It's a huge problem nationally at the moment, which is not being tackled by anyone it seems.
    Who should be tackling this, and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Who should be tackling this, and how?
    There's very little you can do about tools stolen to order and exported, however;

1. Instead of the police just issuing a crime number for he insurance to deal with, they should be investigating fully, collecting evidence and apprehending known suspects.

2. The sales of many power tools on Sunday car boots should be tackled also. Many of these items (if not the high majority) are stolen. Once an avenue for disposal dries up, the attraction to steal isn't as great. This is of course a society action, it should be morally reprehensible to buy another man's stolen tools.

3. CPS should be prosecuting more often with particular emphasis on known and repeat offenders. Nr1 above will help achieve this.

4. Vehicle manufacturers should be introducing better locking systems which will help deter opportunity thefts, much as they did with integrated stereos which effectively zeroed car stereo crime. Tibbe keys are easily available on the internet.

What many people forget is that a couple of chop saws and some power drills may not sound a lot, but they can run into thousands of pounds and more importantly, the loss of a man's tools means the loss of work until they are replaced. Very often insurance is expensive or nigh on impossible to get for tools in transit, so getting turned over while you're parked up outside a job or on the way to McDonalds is not covered.

All just my opinion of course, but I do feel there is more that could be done.

Master
    Stealing the spare wheel from under the transporter is also a very common occurrence.

Not sure the police can do much more w/o witnesses/CCTV etc. but yes, think the manufacturers could do a lot more to secure vehicles.

Fair play to the local coppers
    They popped into my shop this morning with a goodie bag.
    In it were stickers for my van
    And a couple of pir alarms and a load of paper work on what to do

Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Fair play to the local coppers
    They popped into my shop this morning with a goodie bag.
    In it were stickers for my van
    And a couple of pir alarms and a load of paper work on what to do
    'No tools stored overnight' stickers should work!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    'No tools stored overnight' stickers should work!
    Haha. That’s what I thought

I'd be very surprised to find that those stickers are effective.

Only honest folk and the dullest thieves would take any notice of them!

Master
    I never park in the cinema car park following a break in years ago. The scum basically see you enter the cinema and know you aren’t returning for 2hrs.

Was tempted to set up a sting operation with some more burly mates and a car to be targeted, but thought better if it....and nobody wanted to volunteer their car incase a flying brick was quicker to reach the window than we were!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just have a sticker on the van stating don't steal my tools I need them to pay for your benefits!!

Showcase cinena Andy is a hot spot for all sorts at mo

Car badge by the dozen are going off prestige up there all the time, plus bmw mirror casings that can clip off etc

Hope it gets sorted - stay at the odeon kid or try the new one in Hinkley which is nice

Master
    Blog Entries
    Transporters are very desirable so i would of thought prime targets for thieves. Went to the south coast last week and every other vehicle was a T4/5/6

Craftsman
    I’ve had 6 of our works transits done in last 2weeks. Doesn’t seem to matter where in UK they are they get done

Blog Entries
    I had two vans done in Campsea Ashe on one of my sites a few weeks back whilst the chaps were having 10am cuppa break in the mess hut. Broad daylight in a resi area, the neck of it.

£1,500 to replace power tools and two new doors for what, a couple of hundred if they are lucky down the pub.

Nicking is nicking but having a workers tools is another level. Low life scum.

Craftsman
    Coventry is a hot bed of s**t currently.

I heard a sobering story the other day about the newHiace which makes it very simple to get into .
    Also , the story about the guys that rent a new model van just to strip it to access the alarm system . They then put it back together and put video instructions on a subscription Youtube channel .

Master
    We’ve stopped using a certain well regarded hotel near Heathrow due to a number of our vans being turned over in recent weeks.
    Last edited by Mr_Mac; 15th August 2018 at 07:37.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anz3001 View Post
    Coventry is a hot bed of s**t currently.
    City of culture 2021 apparently. (Further words failing me now)

Master
    You only have to look at all the 110v power tools in cash converters to work out how easy it is to sell nicked power tools