closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex boxes

Hybrid View

Master

Rolex boxes

Craftsman
    Airking looks about right the box for the submariner on the other hand is at least 10 years out.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Airking looks about right the box for the submariner on the other hand is at least 10 years out.
    The Airking is said to be year 2000.

I found this which, if I read it right, suggests the current style dates to c 2005 (although I suspect there wasn't a strict cut-off date).

https://www.qualitytyme.net/pages/ac...cessories.html

The seller says "Buy with confidence" which is difficult if he doesn't even know what box belongs to which watch!

Yes Sub boxes way off. Not sure on the last one. Box looks a bit fake.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by P.Sheridan View Post
    Not sure on the last one. Box looks a bit fake.
    That's right now you say it. The faux leather looks a bit tatty and the gold lettering isn't as crisp as you'd expect. Maybe just used and abused.

Anyway, pretty shoddy to list a 2018 watch with some old box!

Very likely the AD's are holding back boxes now...

Journeyman
    I made my first Rolex acquisition which I need to post here but the AD said that the SD didn't fit the standard box supplied with it and just about fit the larger box. Now I am of the opinion that if I can buy a £300 watch that actually fits in its box why can't Rolex actually make boxes they can fit their watches into?

Quote Originally Posted by pingu View Post
    I made my first Rolex acquisition which I need to post here but the AD said that the SD didn't fit the standard box supplied with it and just about fit the larger box. Now I am of the opinion that if I can buy a £300 watch that actually fits in its box why can't Rolex actually make boxes they can fit their watches into?
    This is pure nonsense from your AD. Rolex have several box sizes to cover a range of models. Often AD give an incorrect box as they just pick up the first to hand. There is a larger size for sea Dweller.
    In the case of this post, a modern Watch is pictured in an older (by 10+ years) style box. The Watch and box would not have been supplied together.
    More commonly older rolex are offered for sale in newer style boxes. Often replicas, which can be purchased quite easily & cheaply off EBay.