closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post

I'd be surprised if he goes Tony, and think he's more loyal than many give him credit for. Also the Man U job is likely to evaporate if they offer it to Ole.
    Agree, and have been willing Ole on to do well. Even Spurs losing to Man U had a silver lining in raising Ole's star.

I think Spurs have more chance in the Champions League than in the Premier League this season. Not a big chance, but a better one based on maturing and experience playing the elite of Europe over the last couple of seasons.

Some funny results recently at the top of the table.

Man City losing to Newcastle.

Liverpool v Leicester draw.

Chelsea hammered 4-0 to Bournemouth.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    I think Poch is going and it will be done at the end of the season.

What can he really achieve with Spurs ? They don't spend big, they don't pay big wages and by all accounts they are going to be skint for the next 5 years with the stadium. Plus I cant see the current side staying together and eventually someone is going to come for Kane.

You've got to spend or you're going backwards in the prem. Look at Liverpool, Van Dijk and Alisson have transformed their defence but it cost them £ 150m to do it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post

What can he really achieve with Spurs ? They don't spend big, they don't pay big wages and by all accounts they are going to be skint for the next 5 years with the stadium. Plus I cant see the current side staying together and eventually someone is going to come for Kane.

You've got to spend or you're going backwards in the prem. Look at Liverpool, Van Dijk and Alisson have transformed their defence but it cost them £ 150m to do it.
    My money's on him staying Ivan, but feel free to flame me if i'm wrong. Saying that it's a world i struggle to relate to these days, just a casual observer i guess. If he does go though i think it will be outside of the Prem, Spain perhaps.

Re spending, well that's not our concern as we never bloody do (only nurture the youth squads which is why we're a 'feeder club'. Damn it hurts to say that). As for Van Dijk i respect him and kind of loathe him at the same time as he played for us for two years and made it clear he saw us as a stepping stone (and looked down his nose at the fans which pissed me off) even though we were paying him well. Mane i can excuse as he wanted to be with us and showed it. As for the £75M we got for Van Dijk that would have been great if we did something with it, but it was just used to pay off Puel, Pellegrino and Hughes.

Sorry guys, low-table team rant over.

Craftsman
    My bet's also on David Wagner eyeing up the Leicester job. He chucked his job at Huddersfield with 'mutual agreement' but the word on the street a few months back was that he was being approached / lined up a for the Leicester job. Puel is weird, and i say that with some degree of reticence as he did pretty well for us. Plus i recall taking the piss out of a cab driver in Leicester (which is where i'm from originally) two years ago saying he was one of our cast-off's. I'm pleased i didn't bump into that cabby again as after we sacked Puel our premiership world went south!

Either way, Wagner and Leicester.

You read it here first ;)

Blog Entries
    My bet's also on David Wagner eyeing up the Leicester job. He chucked his job at Huddersfield with 'mutual agreement' but the word on the street a few months back was that he was being approached / lined up a for the Leicester job. Puel is weird, and i say that with some degree of reticence as he did pretty well for us. Plus i recall taking the piss out of a cab driver in Leicester (which is where i'm from originally) two years ago saying he was one of our cast-off's. I'm pleased i didn't bump into that cabby again as after we sacked Puel our premiership world went south!

Either way, Wagner and Leicester.

You read it here first ;)
    Nah - you’re alright mate! I’d have no interest in Wagner coming

I like Puel - Leicester have given over 8000 minutes to youngsters (U22) this season far - double the amount of anyone else…

We’ve got a talented young side who’ll develop…. I’m Puel in (not every city fan is!)

We were better than Liverpool Wednesday- I loved our performance

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    You were mate, all night long.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Nah - you’re alright mate! I’d have no interest in Wagner coming

I like Puel - Leicester have given over 8000 minutes to youngsters (U22) this season far - double the amount of anyone else…

We’ve got a talented young side who’ll develop…. I’m Puel in (not every city fan is!)

Come on don't he silly Liverpool were poor and still.jad 75% possession, over 500 more passes, double the shots, 7 corners to 1, and in the Leicestershire area 14 more times.

What did you love ? That you nicked a goal against a poor Liverpool performance that outshone you by miles in every single statistic ?

Blog Entries
    Come on don't he silly Liverpool were poor and still.jad 75% possession, over 500 more passes, double the shots, 7 corners to 1, and in the Leicestershire area 14 more times.

What did you love ? That you nicked a goal against a poor Liverpool performance that outshone you by miles in every single statistic ?
    Statistics don’t win games.
    As a City fan - I know this well.

z

Blog Entries

What was our ave. Possession when we won the prem?

One stat for you - Liverpool had one more shot on target after minute 6…. You were locked out and didn’t get close (blatant penalty aside) - we looked more threatening when we attacked and could easily have scored a second…. We looked more dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post

z
    Too true Z!

Blog Entries

z
    As a CFC fan this season i know this more than any of you
    If we do not beat Huddersfield at home today i can see the end of Sarriball, you ready big Sam?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    you ready big Sam?
    Shesus would you really want him Mart? You can do better than that.

Master
    What was our ave. Possession when we won the prem?

One stat for you - Liverpool had one more shot on target after minute 6…. You were locked out and didn’t get close (blatant penalty aside) - we looked more threatening when we attacked and could easily have scored a second…. We looked more dangerous

Too true Z!
    Looked more dangerous ? You had 4 shots the whole game. Liverpool didn't play well but to say Leicester were better is bizzare.

Where can you say you looked more dangerous ? Your 4 chances better than our chances ?

Craftsman
    P.s. Mart - Mourinho's out of work, and i know this sounds ridiculous but stranger things have happened. I know he's had a face like a slapped arse the past two seasons but still a world class manager with long time associations with Chelsea.

If it were my club though (as i mentioned before in this post) i'd be after David Wagner. Tough end to his time at Huddersfield but i reckon he's an extremely talented manger (possibly up their with JK, them being mates aside). I just don't think he had the resources at Huddersfield.

Blog Entries
    Shesus would you really want him Mart? You can do better than that.
    Just a joke really want Ian Dowie seriously think if we lose Sarri gets the elbow an interim manager and maybe Frank Lampard for next season quite honestly most of the football we have played this season has been boring, predictable and you have only to look at our goal tally.

PS do not see JM in the picture but i think Wagner is a decent manager

Just a joke really want Ian Dowie seriously think if we lose Sarri gets the elbow an interim manager and maybe Frank Lampard for next season quite honestly most of the football we have played this season has been boring, predictable and you have only to look at our goal tally.

PS do not see JM in the picture but i think Wagner is a decent manager
    After the Bournemouth thrashing I can't see how Sarri can stay TBH.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Really annoyed at Jack Stephens tonight, but will hold off blame until I see MOTD.

FFS.

Blog Entries
    Looked more dangerous ? You had 4 shots the whole game. Liverpool didn't play well but to say Leicester were better is bizzare.

Where can you say you looked more dangerous ? Your 4 chances better than our chances ?
    Ok stats boy - look up expected goals - we were rated as nearly twice as likely to score based on that performance…. I genuinely thought we were better even with my blue tinted specs on!

Ok stats boy - look up expected goals - we were rated as nearly twice as likely to score based on that performance…. I genuinely thought we were better even with my blue tinted specs on!
    Ben, this is Liverpool and Liverpool fans.
    You can’t be better than them, it’s the law .

Hmmm... just having a quick catch-up on this thread, but you should know that Poch has now publicly stated “ I am going to stick with the club until the end to help the club achieve all they want.”

Keep dreaming, boys

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Ssshhh…. Don’t tell anyone that I questioned how good Liverpool were…. I’m too beautiful to go to prison…

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I'm from Liverpool I'm not a deluded Liverpool fan - I don't think we will win the league and I'll say directly if we are outplayed.

To say Leicester were the much better side is absolutely bizzare they were 2nd best in every single statistic. I don't know what expected goals stat is ( genuinely never heard of it ). To say Leicester were twice as likely to score is daft you only had 2 shots on target in the whole game.

Craftsman
    I've got the answer chaps - just support a crap team it's much less stressful trust me. Anything is a bonus.

Master
    What do you look forward too with teams that realistically are not going to win anything ? Is it just winning a derby and hope to take points of some big sides ?

Genuine question.

Blog Entries
    What do you look forward too with teams that realistically are not going to win anything ? Is it just winning a derby and hope to take points of some big sides ?

Genuine question.
    Good point…. I’ve seen the light…. I will now follow Liverpool who simply win everything and outperform everyone!

Why didn’t I do this years ago?

Genuine question.
    Didn’t your last post say you werent deluded ?
    And then you ask this ?

Blog Entries

Genuine question.
    Its about loyalty.
    Supporting a team through thick & thin.
    Not supporting the latest successful team.
    I’m from Salford & I’ve been a blue since 1976
    (ballboy in 82-3 season - when we’re crap & relegated after losing to Luton)
    Questions like that make me ask...
    ...Are you actually from Liverpool - or just another glory hunter?

Genuine question.

z
    Last edited by zelig; 3rd February 2019 at 20:46.

Genuine question.

So in your view the stats rule.

how many times have Liverpool won the English Premier League title ?

and Leicester City ?

genuine question...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    So in your view the stats rule.

how many times have Liverpool won the English Premier League title ?

and Leicester City ?

genuine question...
    Liverpool 0, Leicester 1.

What are you getting at ? That lighting can strike ?

Craftsman
    My money's on him staying Ivan, but feel free to flame me if i'm wrong. Saying that it's a world i struggle to relate to these days, just a casual observer i guess. If he does go though i think it will be outside of the Prem, Spain perhaps.

As a Spurs fan I'm with you here. I just can't see him leaving at the moment. As for someone saying it's all about spending money that's not the way Poch works. He stated many a time he loves the challenge of improving players and bringing youth through.

We'll have to wait and see but for me he'll be at Tottenham for a few more years.
    Last edited by thfccambs; 4th February 2019 at 12:56.

Craftsman
    Its about loyalty.

Genuine question.

z
    Yep. Some of the most emotional experiences i've have had at a football match were when we lost, on a cold February night, away from home.

It's about belonging, comradeship and passion for a team regardless of where they are in the league. If you want to see some real passion google John Sitton of Leyton Orient.

I'm red and white till i die and i don't have any other option. You don't pick your club, your club picks you.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 4th February 2019 at 13:30.

Its about loyalty.

Genuine question.

z
    In 1999 I was living in Whalley Range. I can remember one lovely spring evening having the windows open and being able to hear quite clearly the words and tunes of the massive crowd singing happily at Maine Road almost a mile away - and that was just a playoff semi-final for promotion out of the third tier.

Yep. Some of the most emotional experiences i've have had at a football match were when we lost, on a cold February night, away from home.

It's about belonging, comradeship and passion for a team regardless of where they are in the league. If you want to see some real passion google John Sitton of Leyton Orient.

I'm red and white till i die and i don't have any other option. You don't pick your club, your club picks you.
    Agreed.

Anybody can be a glory hunter but those folk who follow the huge teams have a sense of enormous disappointment if they don't win something ever year, especially after spending big.

Me, I find end of season battles against relegation just as exciting.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Genuine question.
    Ive watched my team for 50 years and enjoyed everything about.. been going since I was two. Your club is your club no matter what they put you through. It’s the hope of doing well and winning something. My team has had quite a lot of success over the past 8 years and I have enjoyed all of that too. If they were relegated tomorrow I would still renew my season ticket. I watched them when our Derby was Stockport and Macclesfield and loved that too. Sometimes it isn’t about winning all the time, it’s about being part of something. 92 clubs but only one can win the league in each division, one can win the FA cup and one can win the League Cup. For lots it’s about promotion but for many it’s about loyalty and belonging, as well as enjoying watching a match.

Blog Entries
    OK might as well chip in and tell the idiot that assumes if you do not support a club that wins you are deluded i have supported CFC for around 56 yrs even though i am North London born and bred seen it all from relegation ,European cups and FA cup still remember us versus Leeds to the new “ glory days” as Chelski
    Glad that MC won yesterday and hopefully the “ irons” will win tonight as the thought of LFC and their it’s our right attitude winning the EPL really pees me off, not so sure if it was Spurs chasing i would feel the same though

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Agreed.

Anybody can be a glory hunter but those folk who follow the huge teams have a sense of enormous disappointment if they don't win something ever year, especially after spending big.

Me, I find end of season battles against relegation just as exciting.
    Cheers Neil, just hope that relegation battle isn't between us in May. I wish the Hammer's well, always liked them and i think you'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluemoon7 View Post
    If they were relegated tomorrow I would still renew my season ticket.
    In a nutshell.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 4th February 2019 at 19:16.

Master
    OK might as well chip in and tell the idiot that assumes if you do not support a club that wins you are deluded i have supported CFC for around 56 yrs even though i am North London born and bred seen it all from relegation ,European cups and FA cup still remember us versus Leeds to the new “ glory days” as Chelski
    Glad that MC won yesterday and hopefully the “ irons” will win tonight as the thought of LFC and their it’s our right attitude winning the EPL really pees me off, not so sure if it was Spurs chasing i would feel the same though
    You've just quoted me on this I haven't even said you plant pot. Tell me where I said anyone was deluded for not supporting a club that wins.

You're the deluded person for making things up that haven't been said.

Maybe you're the idiot.

Blog Entries
    You've just quoted me on this I haven't even said you plant pot. Tell me where I said anyone was deluded for not supporting a club that wins.

You're the deluded person for making things up that haven't been said.

Maybe you're the idiot.
    Are you from - or are you in any way connected to Liverpool ?

...or did you just support them because they were winning ?

Genuine question.

z

Master
    I'm from Liverpool.

I wasn't having a go at people for supporting midtable sides etc, it was a genuine question over what fans look forward too when there is no realistic chance of silverwear and safe from relegation ?

ive never experienced that as a fan as I say I support Liverpool and in my lifetime they have won 30 trophies and are always arguably in the mix for silverwear.

Ive probably been spoilt but if we out the league and out the cups early doors I could see the season being a real grind. That's why ive asked, I wasn't being a '' we are Liverpool '' we are great, I was genuinely interested. Is it the day out ? Is it the social aspect ? I don't know that's why I asked.

No need for people to start making things up and quoting things I haven't said.

Blog Entries
    I'm from Liverpool.

I wasn't having a go at people for supporting midtable sides etc, it was a genuine question over what fans look forward too when there is no realistic chance of silverwear and safe from relegation ?

ive never experienced that as a fan as I say I support Liverpool and in my lifetime they have won 30 trophies and are always arguably in the mix for silverwear.

Ive probably been spoilt but if we out the league and out the cups early doors I could see the season being a real grind. That's why ive asked, I wasn't being a '' we are Liverpool '' we are great, I was genuinely interested. Is it the day out ? Is it the social aspect ? I don't know that's why I asked.

No need for people to start making things up and quoting things I haven't said.
    You were perhaps guilty of expressing yourself a little clumsily

I celebrated promotion though the play offs into the prem, the same way you might do with a champions league win…. You celebrate your victories and achievements in a different way…. It’s my city and my team and I’m massively proud to be a LCFC fan as are my kids (they have no choice!)

Family, belonging or civic pride- take your pick

When we the prem my head exploded…. You may enjoy that feeling one day too? 😂

Craftsman

Family, belonging or civic pride- take your pick
    Good call and all three in my case.

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 5th February 2019 at 09:15.

Master
    Strange game tonight. West Ham played well and Liverpool didn't really turn up. Bizarrely LFC could have won with two offside goals if Origi had finished with the last kick of the game. VAR can't come soon enough if our best paid officials can't spot those offsides!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think Liverpool have had it - they have been poor for quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Strange game tonight. West Ham played well and Liverpool didn't really turn up. Bizarrely LFC could have won with two offside goals if Origi had finished with the last kick of the game. VAR can't come soon enough if our best paid officials can't spot those offsides!
    Oh they spotted them alright.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I think Liverpool have had it - they have been poor for quite a while
    Poor all season, we haven't clicked at all. It's actually amazing that we are still top of the league. We've got a few I juries and the games we were scraping wins in are now draws. Fully expect city to pull away and comfortablly win the league with a couple of games to spare.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Klopp is quickly taking over from Jose as the whiniest manager in the league. Initially it was the grass then it’s snow now it’s having offsides go your way but think you’re being punished.

I’m also glad that that the theory that VVD is the second coming of Baresi is being put to bed. Currently the best defender in the league no doubt but he doesn’t even make the top 5 of all time.

Master
    VVD is genuinely the best centre half Ive ever seen play the game.

Master
    Blog Entries
    We were poor again last night and the squad is thinning by the day. Still top though so could be worse.

City fan here and I’m not sure City will start to pull away like many think.
    Our form has been too patchy this season. We were outplayed by Chelsea but lost games to Leicester and Palace we could have won. Our passing against Newcastle was woeful.
    I’m sure we’ll be there or thereabouts but certainly not a foregone conclusion.