closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    I see the oil fuelled, FFP cheating , dodgy dealing league leaders managed to scrape a lucky 4-0 v the Hammers.
    Scousers keeping up with a win v Watford . Watching Spuds v Chelsea makes me think there aren’t many teams will go there and win .
    Nice to see Nited take a well deserved point to maintain mid table mediocrity.
    Great result for Fulham who I want to stay up .
    Listening to 5 live and a Leicester fan was on giving James Maddison both barrels for cheating and getting sent off leaving the Foxes with ten men for a long period of the game . I’ll watch MOTD later for the talking points .
    We were brilliant yesterday. Now we just need a stadium.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    We were brilliant yesterday. Now we just need a stadium.
    Finally played well, first time for me this season. Big week and now a game more or less every 3 days until the end of the year.

Inter Wednesday and Arsenal Sunday, must win games then a little trip to Barcelona . Can't wait.

Now, THAT , was a cracking weekend !
    Arsenal showed Spuds who were top dogs in Norf Lahndan, Looneypool scraped it against a very spirited Everton and Chelsea kept close.
    Bournemouth played well for fifteen minutes and gave City a scare, but ultimately, the pressure paid off and it was fairly comfortable. Nited were pants..............again . Nice one Jose, stick at it please .
    Relegation spots are becoming more muddled and what has happened to Wolves ?

Blog Entries
    Almost a great Sunday i thought we were mediocre against Fulham and oh for a striker but three points is just that ,Arsenal were great in a super Nth London derby well enjoyed it just like an old fashioned passionate contest and why does stupid officialidom try and take that element out of a contest? as to the Merseyside one an ok watch but a draw would have been fairer but who said its fair in life or football?
    City it is yours to lose and hopefully you will and that other Manchester club?

Saddened to see that a Tottenham 'fan' was arrested for throwing a banana skin at Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. This is 2018 FFS. Obviously this person is very much in the minority but still sad to see. Brilliant performance from Arsenal- I reckon they will finish 2nd or 3rd as they have the most potent strike force this season with the exception of Man City who will canter to the Premier League title. But the Liverpool strike force isn't gelling this year and I feel Arsenal have replaced them in the sheer potency stakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Saddened to see that a Tottenham 'fan' was arrested for throwing a banana skin at Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. This is 2018 FFS. Obviously this person is very much in the minority but still sad to see. Brilliant performance from Arsenal- I reckon they will finish 2nd or 3rd as they have the most potent strike force this season with the exception of Man City who will canter to the Premier League title. But the Liverpool strike force isn't gelling this year and I feel Arsenal have replaced them in the sheer potency stakes.
    I think 3rd or 4th is more realistic especially if we get into the deeper rounds of the europa, I think the team is starting to understand more and more what’s expected of them under Emry interesting that Ozils back spasms have reoccurred.

What I most enjoyed yesterday was Sokratis not letting Kane have a kick without him being inside his shirt, he showcased his full repotore black arts that all good centerbacks should have. Plus if he and holding continue to play well together it may mean Mustafi is 3rd choice.

Great match from Arsenal, was never a pen for their 2nd! If we can keep Pea and lacazete fit we can come 2nd or 3rd and maybe win he Uefa cup. The impressive thing is Emry has the defenders actually defending and we have a much better shape than under Wenger. I feel he needs to buy a few better defenders still but was a great game to watch. Was a little worried when we signed Pea as his reputation was not the best from Germany but he has settled down, seems to have gelled with the team and is lethal up front, would only put Aguero ahead of him in the PL for strikers.

Craftsman
    Now, THAT , was a cracking weekend !
    Arsenal showed Spuds who were top dogs in Norf Lahndan, Looneypool scraped it against a very spirited Everton and Chelsea kept close.
    Bournemouth played well for fifteen minutes and gave City a scare, but ultimately, the pressure paid off and it was fairly comfortable. Nited were pants..............again . Nice one Jose, stick at it please .
    Relegation spots are becoming more muddled and what has happened to Wolves ?
    Spuds Norf Lahndan, Looneypool Nited please tell me your not a grown man?

Arsenal was excellent in the NLD Saturday , surprised a lot of people and totally deserved the 3 points. How Pocheittino rested Toby I'll just never understand.

Long way to go yet, big game for Manchester United this week, Arsenal are flying at the moment.

I enjoyed my weekend back with a nice 3-0 win at Newcastle.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Disappointing match against United, after the performance against Spurs we looked very average. Luckily United look even more so. We still should have won, pea and Mhiki should have scored, conceding both goals so soon after scoring is poor, the 2nd goal especially.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Chelsea look to be going off the boil.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Chelsea look to be going off the boil.
    Off the boil we were never boiling all smoke and mirrors , we need a striker badly Morata is a waste of space and Giroud is a decent number two but not a main man, Hazard is getting predictable restore Kante to his proper place, Jorginho lots of passes square,side to side backwards but where is the killer pass ,Luiz? nuff said.Loftus-Cheek a plus point.
    12 points up for grabs we will be lucky to get more than 3 as i reckon City will rip us a new one

Blog Entries
    OMG

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quick delete your post, no one has quoted it yet. :D

City fan here, we were poor today, tons of possession but no end product. They’re missing DeBruyne and Aguero. Chelsea deserved the win though, always looked more threatening on the break.

Regardless of who you support this Christmas schedule so that Sky can show a game every five minutes is ludicrous.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Someone switched the kettle on.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    OMG
    That was a nice surprise, wasn’t expecting that.....

After a crappy start West Ham are on fire now, three consecutive wins with three goals scored by us in each game.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    After a crappy start West Ham are on fire now, three consecutive wins with three goals scored by us in each game.
    Chicharito looks to be enjoying himself lately and Anderson is capable of so much more, looking forward to Lanzini's return hopefully in the new year.

- - - Updated - - -

Chicharito looks to be enjoying himself lately and Anderson is capable of so much more, looking forward to Lanzini's return hopefully in the new year.

I missed the game but I'm definitely convinced that both goals were either offside or handball.
    It's funny, but Chelsea are one side I don't mind losing to. The Sterling incident left a nasty taste though, didn't realise Ally was a Chelsea supporter.

Master
    I missed the game but I'm definitely convinced that both goals were either offside or handball.
    It's funny, but Chelsea are one side I don't mind losing to. The Sterling incident left a nasty taste though, didn't realise Ally was a Chelsea supporter.
    The second goal, the one scored from the corner, was clearly off side and hand ball. Not only that, there was a clear foul on a city player five minutes previous that led up to the corner. You’d nearly think the refs were plotting against you tbh.

Craftsman
    Great way to reply by Spurs after the lose to Arsenal with back to back wins. Now on to Barca......

Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post

- - - Updated - - -
    When Lanzini comes back it will by like getting a new (and great) player!

I also think I saw the rare lesser spotted Andy Carroll in the second half on Saturday too.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

When Lanzini comes back it will by like getting a new (and great) player!

I also think I saw the rare lesser spotted Andy Carroll in the second half on Saturday too.
    I think I saw him once.... a couple of players holding him down but at least he draws defenders out of the game while uninjured...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Are you down to Leicester Tuesday Lee?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Are you down to Leicester Tuesday Lee?
    I’m not Ben, no.
    I’m in Bristol working unfortunately. I don’t think I’ll be at the PL game either :(
    Tursday will be good, we have a few missing and I think your boys will be out to win this trophy .

Craftsman
    After a great result out in Barcelona I hope we don't come crashing back down to earth against Burnley Saturday. Last season they came to Wembley and put 11 men behind the ball and get a break away goal late on in a draw. Fair play on them, we must win this with 3 winnable homE games on the bounce, Burnley Bournemouth and Wolves.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    After a great result out in Barcelona I hope we don't come crashing back down to earth against Burnley Saturday. Last season they came to Wembley and put 11 men behind the ball and get a break away goal late on in a draw. Fair play on them, we must win this with 3 winnable homE games on the bounce, Burnley Bournemouth and Wolves.

11 Burnley men behind the ball something I'd expect and we came away with 3 points just. Well deserved but left it late.......Big game Wednesday now ...then on to Goodison which is always a hard place to go....COYS

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gutted, Mourinho sacked.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Gutted, Mourinho sacked.
    Happy Christmas for Jose. A fat cheque, a nice rest then a new contract with another major team.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrushton View Post
    Happy Christmas for Jose. A fat cheque, a nice rest then a new contract with another major team.
    Hes been after it for ages. He must of thought what the hell do i have to do to get the boot.

Craftsman
    I'll actually miss him , he's entertaining to say the least. When he first came to the premiership with Chelsea they played some great football.

Maybe he's not the chosen one after all.......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    I'll actually miss him , he's entertaining to say the least. When he first came to the premiership with Chelsea they played some great football.

Maybe he's not the chosen one after all.......
    He's no longer entertaining, or even likeable IMO.

I loved him when he was at Chelsea, but he's been the grumpy one long before he arrived at Old Trafford.

He lost the plot years ago. Did the same at Chelsea and RM. He did some good things at Utd but once he started losing the players the writing was on the wall. I had high hopes for him at the beginning but glad he's now gone.
    I hope Utd get someone decent now, hopefully not Zidane.

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    He's no longer entertaining, or even likeable IMO.
    I loved him when he was at Chelsea, but he's been the grumpy one long before he arrived at Old Trafford.
    Exactly.
    I also wonder if another top flight club will take him now. You can't knock his record but I just don't think he's got 'it' anymore.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Exactly.
    I also wonder if another top flight club will take him now. You can't knock his record but I just don't think he's got 'it' anymore.
    Does he really need another job? About 60m in pay off's will keep him happy.

Maybe a stint in I'm a celebrity..........

Wow !
    Won’t someone finish December already ?
    I thought the signs were there v Leicester in the cup and Everton and Bournemouth in the PL recently but I didn’t think the wheels were coming off so spectacularly.
    FairPlay to the Scousers and Tottenham who both look really good . Spurs in particular have gone up two or three steps as when we played them it should’ve been a cricket score.
    The media love in with Nited will hit the ceiling soon after they’ve beaten the two worst teams in the league.

Positives? Always bet on the opposition vs City as the odds are sometimes crazy .
    Palace last week were 20-1 , Leicester, today, at home, were 9-1 .

Nice one Ben 👍,

Master
    Spurs look worth a punt at 10/1, especially given that the last few scorelines have flattered Liverpool and they now have two proper tests coming up.

Blog Entries
    Wow !
    I thought the signs were there v Leicester in the cup and Everton and Bournemouth in the PL recently but I didn’t think the wheels were coming off so spectacularly.
    FairPlay to the Scousers and Tottenham who both look really good . Spurs in particular have gone up two or three steps as when we played them it should’ve been a cricket score.
    The media love in with Nited will hit the ceiling soon after they’ve beaten the two worst teams in the league.

Positives? Always bet on the opposition vs City as the odds are sometimes crazy .

Nice one Ben 👍,
    Hello Lee…. Had a Lovley Xmas thank you 😊 …!

Just goes to show how competitive the PL is. City will console themselves with the fact that the 2 games they lost they should have won. It's not as if they are getting outplayed and if the opponents manage to score 'worldies' in 2 consecutive matches then sometimes there's not a lot you can do about it.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool cope with being favourites.

My Arsenal are playing okay - 5th place is about right and no shame in that. We are 2 players away (defenders) from being a top 4 side and have a terrific striker again.

Blog Entries
    Just goes to show how competitive the PL is. City will console themselves with the fact that the 2 games they lost they should have won. .
    Firstly there is only one City and they play at the King Power

Secondly (Can’t speak for the Palace game). We had more clear cut chaves and a score line of 3-1 at half time could’ve been entirely conceivable…. We were better than Man City and throroughly deserved our win…. I don’t think even Lee would argue with that one!

EDIT - please don’t quote possession (it’s no longer 9/10ths)
    Last edited by Wolfie; 27th December 2018 at 15:17.

Master
    I'm quite concerned about Salah's balance. Probably a legacy from when his arm was detached by Ramos last season.

Master
    Firstly there is only one City and they play at the King Power

Close but no cigar! 13 in England (English leagues!) if you go down as far as the conference:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...football_teams

Craftsman
    You're with us tonight, i'm going.

Born in Leicester but bred in Southampton so Red and White to the core. After a pretty bleak last season this one didn't start too well either, but things are looking a bit brighter at St Mary's under Mr H. Been there for a load of draws recently including the 2-2 against Man U but missed the only one i should have gone to the 3-2 against Arsenal, which is just my luck.

May the best team win (which is Saints).

UTS

(P.s. if we lose i'll walk away quietly, with my head down).

EDIT i've just walked away quietly with my head down.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 28th December 2018 at 08:07.

Master
    We had more clear cut chaves
    Amusing typo :>)

Just goes to show how competitive the PL is. City will console themselves with the fact that the 2 games they lost they should have won. It's not as if they are getting outplayed and if the opponents manage to score 'worldies' in 2 consecutive matches then sometimes there's not a lot you can do about it.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool cope with being favourites.

My Arsenal are playing okay - 5th place is about right and no shame in that. We are 2 players away (defenders) from being a top 4 side and have a terrific striker again.
    Being brutally honest it’s more than two players we need - two center backs ( so we can ship out Mustafi ) a left back , third midfielder in the 3 he likes to play, the kid we have in there now ( not even going to try and spell his name ) has bags of heart but his inexperience is showing more often which is not his fault - oddly some one like Ramsey would be ideal but that seems to have reached its conclusion, finally a decent winger is desperately needed of to only add some variety to our play. And that only addresses the starting 11 let alone the squad.

Then you have the issue of Ozil, a supremely talented player but one that can only showcase these talents in such a specific environment it’s just not working with the current Arsenal format which is a shame.

It’s going to be a long process as unlike United, City etc. We are not in the position to buy more than one marquee player per window. So could take Emery the next 3 transfer windows hopefully along the lines of Liverpool under Klop.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    I'm quite concerned about Salah's balance. Probably a legacy from when his arm was detached by Ramos last season.
    Well he definitely didn’t dive as the powers that be have decided that no punishment is necessary 😂😂.
    The refereeing standards are also abysmal at this level .

Wow !

I think I must have been at a different match - to say you were lucky to leave with a win would be an understatement.

Anyway, we’re looking good, and we’ll be in the new stadium before the end of January.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Amusing typo :>)
    Vardy…. Madison to name but two!!!

Damn my sausage fingers and lack of patience to reread and autocorrect!!!

Wow !
    Leicester, today, at home, were 9-1 .

Nice one Ben ,
    13:1 🦊

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app