closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Tottenham have been abject against a talented but limited Ajax side. The injuries have really hurt them. From an English perspective it would have been better if Man City had gone through as they would have beaten Ajax. Spurs lucky to be still in the tie IMHO. Seems none of their players know how to deliver a good cross
    3 at the back was a big tactical error. When Spurs shifted it around they got back into it. Bad crossing all night though.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    3 at the back was a big tactical error. When Spurs shifted it around they got back into it. Bad crossing all night though.
    I do hope Vertonghen is OK* but the change forced by his injury may have saved Spurs a big defeat tonight.

(*we may not see him again this season)

This is embarrassing by the premier league teams. Liverpool toothless vs Barcelona and toast now. 3-0 and could have been more. Shameful

Blog Entries
    This is embarrassing by the premier league teams. Liverpool toothless vs Barcelona and toast now. 3-0 and could have been more. Shameful
    <Mutley laugh>

Master
    Blog Entries
    To be fair Liverpool have missed quite a few chances.

Better team until 2nd goal went in

Some bad calls by klopp, firmino was fit and had to start. Arnold should have started, why play Gomez who has not not played in 5 months!!

Having messi helped Barca a little

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Some bad calls by klopp, firmino was fit and had to start. Arnold should have started, why play Gomez who has not not played in 5 months!!

Having messi helped Barca a little
    Gomez looked buggered

How Mane, Milner and Salah never took their chances I dont know. Not clinical when it counted

Good result I think personally. Klopp will think they still have a chance but will still go full strength at Newcastle . He knows they need to keep winning domestically.
    That Messi kid isn’t bad, I reckon he could make it big one day.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Good result I think personally. Klopp will think they still have a chance but will still go full strength at Newcastle . He knows they need to keep winning domestically.
    That Messi kid isn’t bad, I reckon he could make it big one day.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool don’t win another game this season

Master
    Were you watching?
    Liverpool dominated the 2nd half and had Barca pinned back in a way I haven't witnessed before.
    They had about 3 gilt edged chances which went a begging and Barca got a slightly fortuitous 2nd which took the wind out Liverpool's sails.
    I would say Liverpool fans should be proud of their team tonight and if anybody can do a comeback it's them at Anfield.

What a kick! Sign him up Top! https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/...97747943743489 ?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Messi's free quick was very special. I loved the angles they showed of it with the amount of bend it got.

I don’t know what match you were watching last night? Toothless was Arsenal when they played Leicester.

Last night was a close match and Liverpool wasted good chances - their fault and they paid the price. It was always going to be a tough game and I think some people got carried away thinking Liverpool could go there and win easily. It was never going to be easy with the players Barca have, especially Messi. I agree that Klopp got the team selection wrong as well - still one of his weaknesses as a coach.

Liverpool could score 3+ goals at Anfield but there’s no way that Barca won’t score as well. It’s going to be near impossible now, but at least Liverpool made it this far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Liverpool could score 3+ goals at Anfield but there’s no way that Barca won’t score as well. It’s going to be near impossible now, but at least Liverpool made it this far.
    Agreed. liverpool will win at anfield but not by enough. Barca will score.

Liverpool played well and should have scored 2 goals at least which would have kept the game alive, they have no chance now Barca just need 1 and Liverpool would need 5.

Barca did look poor, the commentators said Pique is one of the best CB in the world which shows the terrible state of CB's!! busquets is well past his best, Vidal was poor, the right back was average and very slow. Without Messi they would be an average team, its not like Barca of old that has 7-8 world class players and Messi.

More useless defending from Arsenal. Sigh

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    What a kick! Sign him up Top! https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/...97747943743489 ?s=12

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Rather have Tielemans!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    I don’t know what match you were watching last night? Toothless was Arsenal when they played Leicester.

Last night was a close match and Liverpool wasted good chances - their fault and they paid the price. It was always going to be a tough game and I think some people got carried away thinking Liverpool could go there and win easily. It was never going to be easy with the players Barca have, especially Messi. I agree that Klopp got the team selection wrong as well - still one of his weaknesses as a coach.

Agreed. I am no Liverpool fan but to suggest they didn't create chances suggests the poster did not watch the game.

EASTLEIGH!!!

nice end result for the gunners, will take 3-1 with our current form!! just need to score in Valencia and we should be good.

Chelsea got the away goal so puts them in a good position, not sure why he left Hazard on the bench tho.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    nice end result for the gunners, will take 3-1 with our current form!! just need to score in Valencia and we should be good.

Chelsea got the away goal so puts them in a good position, not sure why he left Hazard on the bench tho.
    We are getting ready for next season without him

Of United, Arsenal and Chelsea's remaining six fixtures, the match most likely to see points dropped is Chelsea away at Leicester on the last day.

If they lost that, and the other five matches were wins, they and United would be tied for 5th and 6th.

If they drew, then they and Arsenal would be tied for 4th and 5th. Atm their GD is just one better than Arsenal's.

Can’t wait to see the Newcastle team sheet,they’ve got nothing to play for ,will he drop a couple of players and do Liverpool a favour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    Can’t wait to see the Newcastle team sheet,they’ve got nothing to play for ,will he drop a couple of players and do Liverpool a favour.
    It's been suggested that Brendan Rodgers might also want to do Liverpool a favour - despite the fact that they unceremoniously sacked him.

The standard of refereeing in this Bournemouth-Spurs game is absolutely shocking. Pawson has been stealing a living at this level for ages now.

Spurs!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Spurs!
    It could only happen to us

If on Sunday Chelsea beat Watford, Man U win at Huddersfield and Arsenal beat Watford, then going into the final day it would be

3. Chelsea (away at Leicester) 71
    4. Spurs (home to Everton) 70
    5. Arsenal (away at Burnley) 69
    6. Man U (home to Cardiff) 68

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    It could only happen to us
    Watching this whilst having my breakfast. Son is in my FF team.

Still, West Ham one up.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Watching this whilst having my breakfast. Son is in my FF team.

Still, West Ham one up.
    Errr, thanks

The problem with “ rules is rules “ is that there really is no scope for common sense .
    Son was out of character and Hoyth was a poor tackle but without any malice whatsoever.
    Contrast that to the cheats who try to get their opponents sent off with simulation and you can see the difference.
    I was actually willing Spurs to equalise and you won’t hear that from me often

BTW
    Cheerio Cardiff and Colin W***er and your crappy” boot everything thats better than you “ football.

Hmmmmmmmmmm.
    Corrupt much?

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    It's been suggested that Brendan Rodgers might also want to do Liverpool a favour - despite the fact that they unceremoniously sacked him.
    If ever there could be a story, that would be a great one. Rodgers could win the league for Liverpool. "Just"holding City to a draw would do it.. Anything possible with Leicester, as we've seen before.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlad View Post
    If ever there could be a story, that would be a great one. Rodgers could win the league for Liverpool. "Just"holding City to a draw would do it.. Anything possible with Leicester, as we've seen before.
    I think we could do something tomorrow…. I can feel it in my bones…

Was gutted that Newcastle couldn’t keep it to 2-2

I always want Leicester to win and Monday is no different…. I hate what it’s do for the PL trophy though as I’ve always had a soft spot for Man City - the acceptable face of buying trophies

The problem with “ rules is rules “ is that there really is no scope for common sense .
    Son was out of character and Hoyth was a poor tackle but without any malice whatsoever.
    Contrast that to the cheats who try to get their opponents sent off with simulation and you can see the difference.
    I was actually willing Spurs to equalise and you won’t hear that from me often
    Agree 100% with this - aside from that we were SO unlucky not to hang on for the draw (Dele was immense yesterday, I thought). That point could well make the difference between third and fourth, but if an English team wins the Europa then both third and fourth places will need to go into the qualifying round, as i understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I think we could do something tomorrow…. I can feel it in my bones…

Was gutted that Newcastle couldn’t keep it to 2-2

I always want Leicester to win and Monday is no different…. I hate what it’s do for the PL trophy though as I’ve always had a soft spot for Man City - the acceptable face of buying trophies
    Won’t happen Ben
    I’ve lumped on your lot at 20-1 😂😂

Master
    So Salah goes off and this time it is Fabinhos turn to blatantly dive against The Toon (remember the Salah swan dive in the return fixture....). Fabinho should be banned now for conning the linesman.

And how you deliberately handle the ball on the line and don't even get a yellow card is a total mystery too - most refs would interpret the law as he did deny a goal-scoring opportunity as he saved it in the same way you don't get to sythe a player down but just because there is a goal a few seconds later it is no longer a foul. Newcastle were robbed and the officials should hang their heads in shame.

Well spurs have opened everything up again, if arsenal win today it will be an interesting last day.

I can see Man U arsenal and Chelsea winning today

Spurs have Everton which is a hard ish match, so you never know. They could easily finish up 5th

Blog Entries
    Won’t happen Ben
    I’ve lumped on your lot at 20-1 😂😂
    So you’ll be cheering when we go 3-0 up?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    So Salah goes off and this time it is Fabinhos turn to blatantly dive against The Toon (remember the Salah swan dive in the return fixture....). Fabinho should be banned now for conning the linesman.

And how you deliberately handle the ball on the line and don't even get a yellow card is a total mystery too - most refs would interpret the law as he did deny a goal-scoring opportunity as he saved it in the same way you don't get to sythe a player down but just because there is a goal a few seconds later it is no longer a foul. Newcastle were robbed and the officials should hang their heads in shame.
    Funny how Danny Murphy didn’t notice that but went in really heavily on Maddison for Maitland Niles yellow (and that wasn’t even that clear)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    It was about 2 yards from the linesman. If he can’t make the correct call when it’s right in front of him, he’s not fit to be officiating - at any level.

Craftsman
    Come on you Foxes, lets hope Brendan can motivate the players to play out of their skins albeit we will have a tuff twitchy time on our hands with Wolves I think

Master
    Blog Entries
    Would like to have seen Huddersfield get the the three points.

After todays earlier results I’m pretty nervous, that said, this has been the best run in that I’ve seen for many a year and a better season for Arsenal than I’d dared hoped for... here we go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Bet ManU fans and the board are happy they rushed into signing up Solskjaer!

Craftsman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Argee1977 View Post
    Bet ManU fans and the board are happy they rushed into signing up Solskjaer!
    Hopefully he'll take them further down next season

Will be interesting who wants to stay and who wants to leave during this summer

Blog Entries
    As a very happy CFC supporter great WE could have been even better if Arsenal and MU had lost

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    As a very happy CFC supporter great WE could have been even better if Arsenal and MU had lost
    It was indeed a cracking day out! Nervy and sluggish first half but an energised second. Then, back to the pub to watch Brighton secure the draw and our CL place. Looking forward to City hopefully beating Leicester to keep Liverpool's hands off the trophy and then Thursday's game at the Bridge. KTBFFH.

Blog Entries
    “It’s the worst team they (Man City) could be playing right now…. They’re dangerous man”

Ian Wright on MOTD regarding tonight’s match

The tension builds…