closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    He's off trying to find 2 new centre backs for Arsenal....

Still, Spurs have 3rd tied up, still fancy Arsenal for 4th as I think United will beat Chelsea.
    if you need an help finding some CB let me know! happy to help out. 2 losses in a row is painful especially the way we have lost. Emery seems to be focusing more on the UEFA cup but that's a risky game as Chelsea beat us more than we beat them if we make the final. Wolves away is always a hard match as is Leicester away this weekend, if we lose that as well its good bye to 4th.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Looking forward to you smashing Liverpool on the last day :)

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, if only they'd managed that in 75/76...

Happy Jamie Pollock Day all you City fans, you've come a long way in twenty years

Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Apparently 85% of United fans want them to loose tonight. Any points tonight gets them a lot closer to champs football. Would imagine if they do not there will be quite a few leaving united and If De gea goes they will plummet down that league.
    Neither Liverpool or City would be a good winner for Utd fans, I guess they would prefer City as they have won it recently, at least Utd fans can still hold it over Liverpool fans that they have not won the top league in 25 + years and never won the PL.

COYI!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    COYI!
    That’s my weekend fecking ruined - we were beyond useless.

Really enjoyable game . Could’ve been 4-4 , both teams had very good chances .
    I think West Ham and Wolves will both kick on next season .
    BTW, how many times did Sky go on about Tottenhams 100% record , impregnable fortress etc today ? It’s 4 games for goodness sake. It was obviously going to blow up in their (sky’s) faces.

Blog Entries
    Well done the “irons” Spurs IMO got away with it against Brighton but did not deserve anything today which now means tomorrow’s games are hugely important.
    However i wish the Spuds well for Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Well done the “irons” Spurs IMO got away with it against Brighton but did not deserve anything today which now means tomorrow’s games are hugely important.
    However i wish the Spuds well for Tuesday.
    Appreciated, Mart. At least either Utd, Chelsea or both are going to drop points this weekend.

I think we hit the wall today - our squad is threadbare and we just fell away after the break having looked okay in the first half.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Appreciated, Mart. At least either Utd, Chelsea or both are going to drop points this weekend.

I think we hit the wall today - our squad is threadbare and we just fell away after the break having looked okay in the first half.
    Wet Spam upped their game today and were worth the win so well done to them. Anderson looked dangerous on the left and Antonio was always a threat. Spurs, were threadbare and had an eye on the game on Tuesday. Janssen looked sharper and I can see him playing a bigger part on Tuesday, but reliance on Llorente and Jansenn shows how little we have left as options.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Wet Spam upped their game today and were worth the win so well done to them. Anderson looked dangerous on the left and Antonio was always a threat. Spurs, were threadbare and had an eye on the game on Tuesday. Janssen looked sharper and I can see him playing a bigger part on Tuesday, but reliance on Llorente and Jansenn shows how little we have left as options.
    Janssen isn't in our CL squad, so far as I'm aware. Plus points from today... Rose was top class once again (we need to keep him) and Foyth is starting to look comfortable at RB (just a couple of positioning lapses). Davies was also on his game, but those guys aside nobody can hold their head particularly high this evening (especially Dele, who wasn't at the races).

Master

- - - Updated - - -

Well certainly do our best

Tough game tomorrow I think .
    Loads of disrespect to Wolfie and Leicester ;) but I think we might nip over the line if we are triumphant tomorrow.
    BTW Ben, if you were coming over after Sky switched the game , I can’t be there now. Was really looking forward to the Saturday game too :(

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Last night's derby went pretty much as expected.

I expected us to show a hell of a lot more desire than the previous few games, and we did, but ultimately the better team will usually conquer.

And so it was.

What about Silva though? Probably my favourite PL player of the past 4/5 years.
    I will cry a little bit when Spanish Dave hangs up his boots .
    But Bernardo will be the best PL player for the next five years.

That’s my weekend fecking ruined - we were beyond useless.
    That's been West Ham for much of the season Tone.

Erratic is the word.

Injuries have played a big part in both teams, only having small squads.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Master
    Really enjoyable game . Could’ve been 4-4 , both teams had very good chances .
    I think West Ham and Wolves will both kick on next season .
    BTW, how many times did Sky go on about Tottenhams 100% record , impregnable fortress etc today ? It’s 4 games for goodness sake. It was obviously going to blow up in their (sky’s) faces.
    FA, SKY, just love Spurs all the time.

One down, one to go... come on Utd!!!

Can a butterfly flapping its wings in Burnley cause a storm in Liverpool?

Blog Entries
    Tough game tomorrow I think .
    Loads of disrespect to Wolfie and Leicester ;) but I think we might nip over the line if we are triumphant tomorrow.
    BTW Ben, if you were coming over after Sky switched the game , I can’t be there now. Was really looking forward to the Saturday game too :(
    Still feeling confident Lee? Should’ve had another Vardy Sterling bet this year….!

It’s really crap how Sky switch the games at such short notice…. Screws up loads of plans…. Will have to try and make it up at some point!

I couldn’t believe I was watching an Arsenal side today…. @ 30% their lowest possession stat in PL history

Even before they were down to 10 we were tearing them a new one…

Have to sign Tielemans…. He’s sensational

Best PL performance of the season…. We have a solid history of beating top sides but this was complete domination
    Last edited by Wolfie; 28th April 2019 at 15:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Still feeling confident Lee? Should’ve had another Vardy Sterling bet this year….!

I couldn’t believe I was watching an Arsenal side today…. @ 30% their lowest possession stat in PL history

Best PL performance of the season…. We have a solid history of beating top sides but this was complete domination
    Superb performance today, thank you :)

Blog Entries
    Superb performance today, thank you :)
    It was all down to me…. My cheering inspired them!!!

It’s really crap how Sky switch the games at such short notice…. Screws up loads of plans…. Will have to try and make it up at some point!

Shame it took an appalling act of simulation by Maddison to get Arsenal down to 10. Still it's part and parcel of the game and I'm sure Arsenal players have done likewise so all's fair in love and war.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Shame it took an appalling act of simulation by Maddison to get Arsenal down to 10. Still it's part and parcel of the game and I'm sure Arsenal players have done likewise so all's fair in love and war.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Ryan - you were getting whooped before he got sent off, <wenger style>. I didn’t see the incident fully so can’t comment, but, that’s a shame if true (Maddison has form on this point)…. However, it evens out as there was the odd bit of simulation on your side too…

Anyway I’d have hated to have been on the wrong end of that game…. You just didn’t turn up…. Bizarre really as there has been some belting games between Arsenal and Leicester in recent years (often with us being on the wrong side)

Arse were being thrashed before the sending off.

Maddison, Thiely and Vardy were superb. Lovely style of football from Leicester.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Arse were being thrashed before the sending off.

Maddison, Thiely and Vardy were superb. Lovely style of football from Leicester.
    Nice to hear it confirmed from elsewhere, but, I’ve been enjoying it…. Youngest team in the prem…. Very excited for the future…

Puel’s legacy will be seen differently in future years…. Brendan picking up the benefits and improving

Craftsman
    After Saturdays joke of a performance the weekend hasn't turned out to bad for Spurs. Does anyone actually want the last 2 positions for CL football?

All about Tuesday now for us. COYS.

Today was just embarrassing!! No possession no treat, pathetic defending!! You would not think we have 3 games left and a champions league spot to play for. Today was the worst performance I have seen in years.

Was never a red card tho.

Confident ?
    I’m a City fan mate, the ultimate pessimist.
    I’d said all along that Burnley was the one that worried me , and then your lot go and do that today 😳.
    I still think there’s a twist and I wouldn’t be surprised if both teams dropped points somewhere , even at this stage.
    4 th place is becoming a bigger drama now .

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    After Saturdays joke of a performance the weekend hasn't turned out to bad for Spurs. Does anyone actually want the last 2 positions for CL football?

All about Tuesday now for us. COYS.
    Given the respective GDs we need two points for top four and three for third place. We’ve been very lucky.

Master
    Given the respective GDs we need two points for top four and three for third place. We’ve been very lucky.
    Agreed. I also went to the game yesterday (my first trip to the new stadium) and thought Spurs were poor. They looked slow and deserved to lose frankly. Fingers firmly crossed for a better performance on Tuesday!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Today was just embarrassing!! No possession no treat, pathetic defending!! You would not think we have 3 games left and a champions league spot to play for. Today was the worst performance I have seen in years.

Was never a red card tho.
    It was 2 yellows, no doubt in either I don’t think.

Blog Entries
    Confident ?
    I’m a City fan mate, the ultimate pessimist.
    I’d said all along that Burnley was the one that worried me , and then your lot go and do that today 😳.
    I still think there’s a twist and I wouldn’t be surprised if both teams dropped points somewhere , even at this stage.
    4 th place is becoming a bigger drama now .
    Neither of you are losing…. We’ll be up for the Monday game as we enjoy handing out bloody noses and and no striker has scored more against the trip 6 than yours and my favourite player Mr Vardy….

24:1 on Betfair is crazy for Monday…. Lump a bit on?

I want to win Monday, but, don’t want to see Liverpool win it, as the the media induced w@nkfest for Klopp following a Liverpool win would be hugely sickening 🤢

Master
    The referee was poor for the Leicester/Arsenal game, compare that to the Man U/Chelsea game the awarding of fouls or yellow cards the difference is night and day.
    Leicester was the better team from start to finish, but did not score until after Arsenal went down to 10 men.

Come on you Liverpool fans..... right now just £14 gets you one of these...... https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/d...-39-green.html

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Neither of you are losing…. We’ll be up for the Monday game as we enjoy handing out bloody noses and and no striker has scored more against the trip 6 than yours and my favourite player Mr Vardy….

I want to win Monday, but, don’t want to see Liverpool win it, as the the media induced w@nkfest for Klopp following a Liverpool win would be hugely sickening 濫
    Burnley were 25-1 at one stage, for a two horse race at home 
    I always put a few quid on the opposition to ease the pain if we lose and some of the odds really are crazy at times.
    The game you play is slightly different to what we’ve faced recently and gives us a different problem . I’ll let Pep worry about it for me. Hopefully Newcastle will get something first to take the pressure off.

Has Tielemans signed or is he a loanee?
    Liking both Barnes and Maddison from what I’ve seen of them . There’s been some daft paper talk too of Chilwell and Maguire being targets in the summer.
    Mahrez is getting pelters at the minute from the sheep in the stands. I really fancy him to kick on next season , it’s just that Sterling and Bernardo have been so so good .
    Anyway, onwards and upwards. It’ll be good to abuse Brendan the Teeth again 
    Last edited by thegoat; 29th April 2019 at 09:34.

I think City have it now, they will beat Leicester this weekend and then Brighton should be safe on the last day so they will win that as well.

Liverpool could drop points to Newcastle away next match but its not that likely. Chances are both teams will win the last 2 and end the season on 98-97 points which is a winning points total in most season, 97 points for Liverpool would have won the league every PL season but 2 if you include this season. So it is a amazing season for both clubs. Just think Leicester won it with 81 a few years ago.

The race for 3/4th on paper should now be Spurs and Chelsea, Spurs only need to win 1 more match to get 3rd, or draw both. Chelsea a win should do it. Arsenal for 5th (cry) and Man U 6th.

Frustrating for Arsenal losing the 4 out of the last 5 matches all to mid table teams is just pathetic. I think Emery's mindset is on winning the UEFA cup but with the way we are playing Valencia will hammer us.

with City winning 12 on the bounce, if you are a City fan of a certain age (I am) you believe that the chances of a slip up in the last 2 games increases; whereas if you follow form you'd say they continue that run to make it 14 wins. I think Pep wants this so much he will find a way of making it happen.

generally (and not just our Liverpool friends) people have been talking up the last 3 games as the potential banana skins, but now that Spurs, Utd and Burnley have been despatched they start talking about Leicester. Leicester play a more open game and that should suit City, but the Vardy curse is ever a worry

The press seem to have been less vocal about any potential Liverpool slip up and what people are less focussed on is the Liverpool trip to Newcastle. That could be tricky as it is sandwiched between the two Barca games. Have to wait and see. Just can't do "calmly wait and see" !

Craftsman

I want to win Monday, but, don’t want to see Liverpool win it, as the the media induced w@nkfest for Klopp following a Liverpool win would be hugely sickening 濫
    Come on Wolfie, can't you muster a little Scouse spirit for Monday and help us along the way to a 1st Premier title - pretty PLEASE :)

Craftsman
    Everyone's looked as they was more interested in getting through the game unijured.

All about Tuesday now.

Very lucky.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    Come on you Liverpool fans..... right now just £14 gets you one of these...... https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/d...-39-green.html

I couldn’t work out how to place the bet so probably not for me Richard!

Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    The referee was poor for the Leicester/Arsenal game, compare that to the Man U/Chelsea game the awarding of fouls or yellow cards the difference is night and day.
    Leicester was the better team from start to finish, but did not score until after Arsenal went down to 10 men.
    It was all to do with the ref…. Silly me for thinking we were good 😆!!!

Burnley were 25-1 at one stage, for a two horse race at home 
    I always put a few quid on the opposition to ease the pain if we lose and some of the odds really are crazy at times.
    The game you play is slightly different to what we’ve faced recently and gives us a different problem . I’ll let Pep worry about it for me. Hopefully Newcastle will get something first to take the pressure off.

Has Tielemans signed or is he a loanee?
    Liking both Barnes and Maddison from what I’ve seen of them . There’s been some daft paper talk too of Chilwell and Maguire being targets in the summer.
    Mahrez is getting pelters at the minute from the sheep in the stands. I really fancy him to kick on next season , it’s just that Sterling and Bernardo have been so so good .
    Anyway, onwards and upwards. It’ll be good to abuse Brendan the Teeth again 
    Not been a good strategy to lump on the opposition of late Lee!

Tielemans has signed (honest - tell that to Pep anyway)…. He’s top top quality…. He seems to love it at Leicester (who wouldn’t?!). They’re talking about £45m and he’s worth every penny

We’ll swap you Mahrez for Nacho?

Sterling and Silva are better…. Simple as that…. Doesn’t mean that Mahrez is bad and could get better…

Follow deluded Brendan on Twitter it’s truly hilarious…

Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Come on Wolfie, can't you muster a little Scouse spirit for Monday and help us along the way to a 1st Premier title - pretty PLEASE :)
    No…. Absolutely not…. I want to lord it over you that we have one more PL trophy than you have for many more years to come…. You’d love one wouldn’t you? Well…. You can’t have one (yet!!!)

Having said that I want us to beat Man City; I just want Liverpool to slip over a lot and muff it up at the same time!!!

It’s called having your cake and eating it!
    Last edited by Wolfie; 29th April 2019 at 16:27.

Craftsman
    No…. Absolutely not…. I want to lord it over you that we have one more PL trophy than you have for many more years to come…. You’d love one wouldn’t you? Well…. You can’t have one (yet!!!)

Having said that I want us to beat Man City; I just want Liverpool to slip over a lot and muff it up at the same time!!!

It’s called having your cake and eating it![/QUOTE]

Think the Leicester triumph will go down in history far more than other Premiership glories for a long time to come but still wishing Vardy & co the best of luck next week :)

On another note heard on 5 Live this morning that a number of Premier League sides are contemplating installing safe standing sections in time for 2019-2020 season, some manufacturing company has let the cat out of the bag. Will be a nice safe option for the supporters of standing to have (not that it will be close to the 60's 70's standing atmosphere of swaying all over the terraces, crushing behind barriers (god forbid if you fell) and going home about 5 lbs lighter due to sweat loss)

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

I couldn’t work out how to place the bet so probably not for me Richard!
    Well I’m on a 53p ͏lo͏ss atm!

(And there’s only one si-teh)

Last edited by TAG0001; 29th April 2019 at 18:56.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Think the Leicester triumph will go down in history far more than other Premiership glories for a long time to come but still wishing Vardy & co the best of luck next week :)

On another note heard on 5 Live this morning that a number of Premier League sides are contemplating installing safe standing sections in time for 2019-2020 season, some manufacturing company has let the cat out of the bag. Will be a nice safe option for the supporters of standing to have (not that it will be close to the 60's 70's standing atmosphere of swaying all over the terraces, crushing behind barriers (god forbid if you fell) and going home about 5 lbs lighter due to sweat loss)
    You’ve come back being all pleasant which has made me feel bad 😔

There’s a big move to have it at Leicester…. Many supporters want it…. Frankly I’m quite happy to sit! But, happy that they get there is area…

I was at Rapid Vienna last year with work and they had the whole of one end dedicated to safe standing…. Even had three little stages for the kappos to conduct the chanting…. Creates a belting atmosphere apparently…

I think as the young working man has become priced out of football and sad middle aged farts like me scoop up the season tickets the atmospheres have suffered…. I join in with the odd chorus if really moved (sit in the kop) but want to hear lots of noise!

Blog Entries
    Well I’m on a 53p ͏lo͏ss atm!

(And there’s only one si-teh)

How have you lost 53p when the game hasnt kicked off?

Of course there’s only one city and they play in blue Richard…. Need you ask?!!!

Royal Blue at that 🦊

Blog Entries
    Royal Blue at that 🦊

Another team who ‘claim’ to be City play in blue??? Heresy!!!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Classics
    It was all to do with the ref…. Silly me for thinking we were good !!!
    Like I said Leicester was the better team from start to finish, but if you was that good why didn't you score before we when down to 10 men?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Like I said Leicester was the better team from start to finish, but if you was that good why didn't you score before we when down to 10 men?
    Coz we didn’t feel like it…. Even though we had all the ball (70%) and all the attacking play at the time!

How have you lost 53p when the game hasnt kicked off?
    You can cash in on Betfair, ie bet the other way.

Lining myself up for a big fall here but right now, as the odds have dropped, I’m 63p up

Tottenham have been abject against a talented but limited Ajax side. The injuries have really hurt them. From an English perspective it would have been better if Man City had gone through as they would have beaten Ajax. Spurs lucky to be still in the tie IMHO. Seems none of their players know how to deliver a good cross

Tottenham have been abject against a talented but limited Ajax side. The injuries have really hurt them. From an English perspective it would have been better if Man City had gone through as they would have beaten Ajax. Spurs lucky to be still in the tie IMHO. Seems none of their players know how to deliver a good cross

City would have gone through if they had won, but they didn't, did they?

Football's a funny old game.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website: