closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Master
    Think that's it now and city have done it. Can see them absolutely slamming Man U who are back to looking poor.

Brilliant for Liverpool to take it to the wire and it's been a great journey. Hope we can clinch the champions League as a softener.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Arsenal to finish 3rd I reckon. Amazing to think the Gunners are the best team in London after all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    You still got 3 away games that no point then.
    Last edited by Dandandanman; 20th April 2019 at 18:47.

Where are points most likely to be dropped here?

21 April Cardiff LIVERPOOL
    24 April United CITY
    ---
    26 April LIVERPOOL Huddersfield
    28 April Burnley CITY
    ---
    (1 May Barcelona Liverpool)
    4 May Newcastle LIVERPOOL
    6 May CITY Leicester
    ---
    (7 May Liverpool Barcelona)
    12 May LIVERPOOL Wolves
    12 May Brighton CITY
    Last edited by Der Amf; 21st April 2019 at 08:28. Reason: Newcastle is away not home

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post

24 April United CITY
    ---
    28 April Burnley CITY
    ---
    4 May LIVERPOOL Newcastle
    6 May CITY Leicester
    ---
    12 May LIVERPOOL Wolves
    12 May Brighton CITY
    United is the only possible one I can see. Then I can see it being a draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Agreed
    Better than Spurs , Chelsea , West Ham and Manchester United
    Last time I looked the season wasn't over

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    Last time I looked the season wasn't over
    If I need to explain it. Etc.

Agreed
    Better than Spurs , Chelsea , West Ham and Manchester United
    Forgot about Man Utd. So Arsenal are the best team in London AND Singapore :)

Master

24 April United CITY
    ---
    28 April Burnley CITY
    ---
    4 May LIVERPOOL Newcastle
    6 May CITY Leicester
    ---
    12 May LIVERPOOL Wolves
    12 May Brighton CITY
    Newcastle away is a possible banana skin - ask City....

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    Newcastle away is a possible banana skin - ask City....
    Oh dear, I miscopied that didn't I? It's away not home. I wonder how they'll be feeling immediately after their first leg at Barcelona.....?

I can see City winning all their remaining games - yesterday was the only real hurdle they had to get past. I think Leicester may give them a good scrap though.

Liverpool could slip up against any of the remaining teams...even the last game against Wolves will be really tough, considering how well Wolves have played this season and beaten Liverpool in the FA Cup. Barca will be a really tough match - not being beaten at the Nou Camp would be a great result.

Before this match started, I thought When Will Solskjaer Get The Sack? would make for an amusing thread - virtually every manager gets sacked eventually - but now it seems less of a joke.

Craftsman
    Before this match started, I thought When Will Solskjaer Get The Sack? would make for an amusing thread - virtually every manager gets sacked eventually - but now it seems less of a joke.
    Keep him there, he’s doing a fantastic job 😂

Master
    Blog Entries
    Honeymoon period over. Feelgood factor from Jose leaving now gone.

Ole was totally clueless at Cardiff so im not too suprised

Master
    Blog Entries
    Maybe Jose was doing a good good job considering g what he had to work with? Hope utd bounce back against city.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cannot believe how we played in the last 4 games against the top six Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal Man Utd 10 points and no goals conceded, yet the same players get turned over without a wimper at Fulham. That’s football

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Cannot believe how we played in the last 4 games against the top six Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal Man Utd 10 points and no goals conceded, yet the same players get turned over without a wimper at Fulham. That’s football
    Yes, and C Palace next week will be a real test for Silva after the Fulham debacle.

I have to say I thought Solskjær was classy in his post-match interview. Genuinely nice guy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I'll be quoting you shortly, Ryan
    I'd imagine any moment now TBH. FFS Arsenal.....

I'd imagine any moment now TBH. FFS Arsenal.....

PMSL!!!!!

Craftsman
    Agreed
    Better than Spurs , Chelsea , West Ham and Manchester United 
    HA HAA HAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a pile of ^}$~!|*].

Man U lost we had huge chance to get into 3rd and he plays a weak team!!!! We have about 5 matches left until the end and need top 4, WTF are you resting people for!

Blog Entries
    As i have said before on this thread a truly entertaining and interesting end to the season given yesterday’s and today’s results now for me it’s what will we do against Burnley and really looking forward to the Manchester derby.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    What a pile of ^}$~!|*].

Man U lost we had huge chance to get into 3rd and he plays a weak team!!!! We have about 5 matches left until the end and need top 4, WTF are you resting people for!
    Targeting winning Europa League?

Arsenal can certainly up their game when needed. Very strong against Spurs. Controlled vs Napoli.

Agree that 3rd/4th in PL would give the comfort, but it seems that the focus is elsewhere, and Dick has previous experience in winning the Europa.

Arsenal's problem will be beating Chelsea in the Europa (Going by the bookies and likely outcomes). Chelsea may pip them to both the PL spot and the cup.

Blog Entries
    Dam,dam,dam i really thought that Brighton would get the draw we threw away a win against Burnley who i must say did what Burnley do so well.Hopefully City will do the business but maybe United will react to the Everton defeat.
    All to play for.

Just back. That was a tense one, but the win puts us in a strong position now (albeit that we should have sewn up third place already, which is bloody annoying).

Craftsman
    Just back too.

Note to self. Do not go to Brighton games as inevitably they park the bus and make for a dull anti-football match. Ryan started wasting time from the 9th minute.

Spurs need to hit more on target too. 29 shots with 5 on target is poor. Son should have been playing through the middle instead of Llorente. The squad is threadbare with no options to change the game from the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Just back too.

Note to self. Do not go to Brighton games as inevitably they park the bus and make for a dull anti-football match. Ryan started wasting time from the 9th minute.

Spurs need to hit more on target too. 29 shots with 5 on target is poor. Son should have been playing through the middle instead of Llorente. The squad is threadbare with no options to change the game from the bench.
    Tonight demonstrated just how poor Llorente is IMO. I’d rather give Janssen some game time - he can’t be any worse.

Craftsman
    Tonight demonstrated just how poor Llorente is IMO. I’d rather give Janssen some game time - he can’t be any worse.
    Agree, send the big man on as an impact sub. We can't treat him as the main man for 90 minutes. Harry Kane he is not.

Yes, Janssen could have been started earlier. Even Skipp could have given us something. We lacked directness and Sissoko is a big loss as we missed his running and overlaps.

Journeyman
    I wouldn't say he is poor as such .. but he was up against two central defenders who gave nothing away in Duffy and Dunk ... Son should have been played down the middle
    It is always difficult to carve out space and chances when you have a team sit so far back and defend for their life .. it was always going to either take a good shot or a lucky bounce somewhere
    It was one of the most frustrating games i've watched in a while ... Next 3 should be a little more open

Quote Originally Posted by Robxxx7 View Post
    I wouldn't say he is poor as such .. but he was up against two central defenders who gave nothing away in Duffy and Dunk ... Son should have been played down the middle
    It is always difficult to carve out space and chances when you have a team sit so far back and defend for their life .. it was always going to either take a good shot or a lucky bounce somewhere
    It was one of the most frustrating games i've watched in a while ... Next 3 should be a little more open
    Well, I think we may have to agree to differ... he’s not shown anything of quality that I’ve seen (and I’ve watched every match) and pretty much all his goals have either had an element of luck or have been the result of mistimed deflections off various parts of his body. He always looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights to me.

Anyway, a tough one on Saturday, and West Ham are always well up for it when they play us. Given that Everton will be no pushover on the last day we really need to win it.

Journeyman
    Well, I think we may have to agree to differ... he’s not shown anything of quality that I’ve seen (and I’ve watched every match) and pretty much all his goals have either had an element of luck or have been the result of mistimed deflections off various parts of his body. He always looks like a rabbit caught in the headlights to me.

Anyway, a tough one on Saturday, and West Ham are always well up for it when they play us. Given that Everton will be no pushover on the last day we really need to win it.
    He has got us some important goals at times .. even if they come of his shoulder or <cough> arm .. but yes i hear ya ..

West Ham will no doubt be well up for it on Saturday in their Cup Final .. we need to be up and at them too

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Robxxx7 View Post
    He has got us some important goals at times .. even if they come of his shoulder or <cough> arm .. but yes i hear ya ..

West Ham will no doubt be well up for it on Saturday in their Cup Final .. we need to be up and at them too
    He works better as an impact sub. The problem is he is too static for the way we need to play. Janssen showed better movement and threat in the 10 minutes he was on.

Craftsman
    Also went last night and couldn't believe how hard we made it top break down Brighton, who fair play came with a game plan and nearly came away with a point.

The 2 CB for brighton I thought was outstanding, just a shame we couldn't get a break much earlier to amke it a more entertaining game. 11 men behind the ball and non stop time waisting from Brighton.

Thought Danny Rose was outstanding again last night, possibly the only stand out performance in a Spurs shirt, hope everyone lifts there game for Saturday. Can't see llorente starting that game.

What a stadium we now have, luckily enough to have a bit of corprate, in the Galvins resturant. Unbelivable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Apparently 85% of United fans want them to loose tonight. Any points tonight gets them a lot closer to champs football. Would imagine if they do not there will be quite a few leaving united and If De gea goes they will plummet down that league.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    Apparently 85% of United fans want them to loose tonight. Any points tonight gets them a lot closer to champs football. Would imagine if they do not there will be quite a few leaving united and If De gea goes they will plummet down that league.
    Yepp, the United fan I sit next to echoes that. I find it Bizarre! Why make your competitors richer or more enticing to the worlds best players?

Master
    Blog Entries
    De Gea has been carrying them for years. I admire his loyalty.

Not the real match going local Utd fans , not by a long chalk.
    Only the ones who subscribe to the media version of Liverpool being their rivals .

Master
    Van Dijk wins player of the year and rightly so he's been absolutely superb.

Sterling has had a great season but VVD has transformed Liverpool from a defensive nightmare Into the best defence in the league.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    A goalkeeper cannot carry a team, they are frequently the difference in keeping a team in a game but loyalty, he is well rewarded and loyalty no longer exists in the Premier League

Master
    Not the real match going local Utd fans , not by a long chalk.
    Only the ones who subscribe to the media version of Liverpool being their rivals .
    On a recent discussion on a large United forum, way over half of long standing members and match going fans said they’d prefer City to win the league over Liverpool. Their reasons were varied, not many were actually too worried about Liverpool catching the league title record but more the media love in that would follow a Liverpool title.

There won’t be any of that fanfare if City go on to win (which I fully expect they will)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    He’s certainly been worth a lot of points. As was VDS and Pete before him. I don’t think you could say they carried us though. I’d think he’s well remunerated for his loyalty but the lure of the sun will soon become too much.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    On a recent discussion on a large United forum, way over half of long standing members and match going fans said they’d prefer City to win the league over Liverpool. Their reasons were varied, not many were actually too worried about Liverpool catching the league title record but more the media love in that would follow a Liverpool title.

There won’t be any of that fanfare if City go on to win (which I fully expect they will)
    In my experience, there's lots of bitterness and hatred between the 2 clubs, certainly from my era and beyond. Liverpool supporters I know wont be shouting a man u win from the rafters but quietly hoping for at least a draw. If the boot was on the other foot I would want Everton to win over any man u result/title and just to be clear I have many friends who follow the Manchester clubs - should be a good game anyway as stakes are high for both teams, roll on 8 o'clock

Little chance of top 4 for them really....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Arsenal to finish 3rd I reckon. Amazing to think the Gunners are the best team in London after all

Really!!!!!!!!!!

C’mon City!

Master
    Fantastic performance from Nuno’s boys.

COYW

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post

COYW
    Looking forward to you smashing Liverpool on the last day :)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post

COYW
    Looking forward to you smashing Liverpool on the last day :)

Blog Entries
    Good evening for me a CFC supporter just watched the derby not a great game but the right result.

Where's Ryan?

Where's Ryan?
    He's off trying to find 2 new centre backs for Arsenal....

Still, Spurs have 3rd tied up, still fancy Arsenal for 4th as I think United will beat Chelsea.

Master
    Last night's derby went pretty much as expected.

I expected us to show a hell of a lot more desire than the previous few games, and we did, but ultimately the better team will usually conquer.

And so it was.

What about Silva though? Probably my favourite PL player of the past 4/5 years.