closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Banned
    Blimey , what an ending ! Well done to Man U ! Ole’s gotta get the job now

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Blimey , what an ending ! Well done to Man U ! Ole’s gotta get the job now

PSG 72% possession and 1-3. Staggering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    PSG 72% possession and 1-3. Staggering.

Au revoir PSG, couldn't happen to a nicer team. And I’m a City fan.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    After watching the Madrid game last night (what a match!) if they used VAR for anything else the matches would be as long as the Superbowl... the time it took to check the ref's decisions was ludicrous. Surely if you have to deliberate over 3 different camera angles for 5 or 6 minutes then clearly the ref's decision wasn't clearly wrong.

I'm still very undecided about VAR... I don't mind about the odd poor decision, it gives you something to moan about in the pub afterwards!
    Yeah i think that's the thing i guess and hopefully they'll use it sensibly, for big decisions not just minor infringements. I've only actually been to one match live with VAR and that was a 3rd round FA cup tie against Derby a couple of months ago (which incidentally we lost on penalties) but it was only used once, stopping the game for around 1-2 mins. That was only one experience though to be fair, but i'm personally up for it until proven otherwise. See how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Au revoir PSG, couldn't happen to a nicer team. And I’m a City fan.
    City win something, United win something, I won’t complain, great for Manchester.

My fear for OGS, beloved from his playing days, the life of a manager is precarious, club owners are not sentimental, one day, one day, things won’t be going right, the fans will jeer, the commentators will criticise, the bastards will sack him. A heartbreaking thought (although I’m sure there will be a monetary cushion to soften the blow).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    City win something, United win something, I won’t complain, great for Manchester.

My fear for OGS, beloved from his playing days, the life of a manager is precarious, club owners are not sentimental, one day, one day, things won’t be going right, the fans will jeer, the commentators will criticise, the bastards will sack him. A heartbreaking thought (although I’m sure there will be a monetary cushion to soften the blow).

Thing is is there a better manager out there that would fit,work and inspire MU at this time ? OGS is a MU winner has worn the shirt and will inspire the newer and younger players last night was an example of a depleted team going that extra mile to get the result,having said that i thought PSG were poor on the night.
    I am still hoping that they get the loser from Spurs for the new season

As to VAR even given its obvious time wasting problems given some of the huge decisions recently Arsenal - Spurs last WE for example and the form of the officials i am for it,just.

Master
    I'm a fan of VAR too but the handball decision last night was not common sense. In this case, perhaps some sort of ball tracking can be integrated to show the trajectory of the shot was not on target? Hawkeye etc.. I'm sure there will always be contentious examples but overall I believe more correct decisions will be made with VAR than not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Thing is is there a better manager out there that would fit,work and inspire MU at this time ? OGS is a MU winner has worn the shirt and will inspire the newer and younger players last night was an example of a depleted team going that extra mile to get the result,having said that i thought PSG were poor on the night.
    I am still hoping that they get the loser from Spurs for the new season

As to VAR even given its obvious time wasting problems given some of the huge decisions recently Arsenal - Spurs last WE for example and the form of the officials i am for it,just.
    Oi ! Leave our manager alone ! To be honest I think OGS has done more than enough to get the job if he was one any sort of trial .

Plus the man united board having to deal with levy must have them having nightmares . Keep ole and we keep Poch and everyone’s a winner .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charlies View Post
    Oi ! Leave our manager alone ! To be honest I think OGS has done more than enough to get the job if he was one any sort of trial .

Plus the man united board having to deal with levy must have them having nightmares . Keep ole and we keep Poch and everyone’s a winner .

MU may end up as winners but you Spuds

Craftsman
    Our man Ralph gives quite an interesting view on VAR in this latest club video as he has first hand experience of it with his last club RB Leipzig.

It's just the first 2-3 minute (the rest is for internal use only).

Liverpool waitting fo Salah to finally start playing...still, I have a feeling that Liverpool is going to be champion this season

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koristeći Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great night for British teams. Didn’t see the game so can’t comment on the VAR.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Great night for British teams. Didn’t see the game so can’t comment on the VAR.
    It was a penalty according to the rules, but it never would have been given in a million years without VAR.

terrible for Arsenal last night, just do not understand why Sokratis would foul him when on a yellow card. Potentially conceding a goal is better than being with 10 men the whole match!! If we lose to Man U on Sunday which is very possible our chance of having a reasonable season could be over in a week!! We could still beat Rennes 2-0 at home but they looked good last night.

Blog Entries
    “Oh when the spurs oh sorry the saints go marching in”
    Some very interesting and big results today especially at the bottom of the table

Craftsman
    What happened there Spuds? Oh dear.

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 9th March 2019 at 19:41.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    What do you look forward too with teams that realistically are not going to win anything ? Is it just winning a derby and hope to take points of some big sides ?

Genuine question.
    In answer to your question, this is what we look forward to ^^
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 10th March 2019 at 12:07.

If Man U were to win at Arsenal today (assuming home wins for Liverpool and Chelsea) then, with 30 matches played, the table would be

1. Manchester City 74
    2. Liverpool 73
    3. Tottenham Hotspur 61
    4. Man United 61
    5. Chelsea 59 (one game in hand)
    6. Arsenal 57

Which would mean Man U had made up the 13 points they were behind Spurs by 13 matches ago

1. Liverpool: 45
    2. Man City: 44
    3. Spurs: 39
    4. Chelsea: 37
    5. Arsenal: 34
    6. Man United: 26

Some very strange decisions yesterday . Shows the refereeing is mediocre at best at this level.
    Sterling’s offside , Sissikos headbutt and Pickford s penalty and potential red card were extremely poor choices by the officials.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    If Man U were to win at Arsenal today (assuming home wins for Liverpool and Chelsea) then, with 30 matches played, the table would be

1. Manchester City 74
    2. Liverpool 73
    3. Tottenham Hotspur 61
    4. Man United 61
    5. Chelsea 59 (one game in hand)
    6. Arsenal 57

Which would mean Man U had made up the 13 points they were behind Spurs by 13 matches ago

1. Liverpool: 45
    2. Man City: 44
    3. Spurs: 39
    4. Chelsea: 37
    5. Arsenal: 34
    6. Man United: 26
    Never assume anything in the PL.

Man U beaten, Chelsea drew.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Never assume anything in the PL.

Man U beaten, Chelsea drew.
    I wrote "if...", just pointing out what the situation would be were a certain set of results to happen. Is there something special about football which somehow forbids looking at possible outcomes?

I wrote "if...", just pointing out what the situation would be were a certain set of results to happen. Is there something special about football which somehow forbids looking at possible outcomes?
    Not at all, predict away, but fairly pointless IMO.

I have found over the years football results are impossible to guess...... and the bankers are often the ones who let you down.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

...... and the bankers are often the ones who let you down.

Spoken like true West Ham.

Cardiff bloomin' City FFS.

Spoken like true West Ham.

Cardiff bloomin' City FFS.
    I know.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You have to be happy if you’re an arsenal fan.

Blog Entries
    Super from Wolves tonight all credit and keeps top four open.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Super from Wolves tonight all credit and keeps top four open.
    Hoping for Uncle Jorge to bring us some expensive goodies in the Summer window.
    Roll on next season😀

Nothing like giving the caretaker the job permanently to guarantee an immediate deterioration in results

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nothing like giving the caretaker the job permanently to guarantee an immediate deterioration in results
    Indeed and kind of expected hehe

The poor form of Spurs and Man U recently has been a bonus to Arsenal for sure, looking at the remaining fixtures I think we can get a top 4 finish.

Next season if we keep playing pea and lacazette together and buy 2 good defenders I think we can have a really good season. Those 2 up top are world class we just need to stop looking so terrible at the back! It would be expensive but could be worth trying to get Maguire and Keane, good English connection and if they played together at a club would make them much stronger for England. Cant see it happening tho.

It’s almost as if nobody wants to claim 3rd or 4th .

Blog Entries
    Nice result today Arsenal looked spent and Ozil looked like he just wanted to be somewhere, anywhere else my lot tomorrow night so let’s see?

I missed the match (Arsenal) but from friends that watched it was a good thing to miss, not sure if they are too focused on the uefa cup match this Thursday or what, but top 4 needs to take priority.

Blog Entries
    Been a Chelsea home and away season ticket holder for nearly twenty years now but recently, despite doing over 50 games a season regularly, I've found myself becoming more and more bemused with modern footy. There are many factors but, in particular, the way TV money means that the armchair fan is prioritised over the match-going fan what with ridiculous kick-off times etc. However, on occasions such as last night when you're present to see goals like Hazard's first, you feel you're getting some real payback. Genuinely brilliant and one of two truly brilliant goals he's scored this season - the other being against Liverpool at Anfield in the League Cup. If, as widely speculated he's goes at the end of the season, he will be sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Been a Chelsea home and away season ticket holder for nearly twenty years now but recently, despite doing over 50 games a season regularly, I've found myself becoming more and more bemused with modern footy. There are many factors but, in particular, the way TV money means that the armchair fan is prioritised over the match-going fan what with ridiculous kick-off times etc. However, on occasions such as last night when you're present to see goals like Hazard's first, you feel you're getting some real payback. Genuinely brilliant and one of two truly brilliant goals he's scored this season - the other being against Liverpool at Anfield in the League Cup. If, as widely speculated he's goes at the end of the season, he will be sorely missed.
    His first goal was world class, as an Arsenal fan I hope he goes in summer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    His first goal was world class, as an Arsenal fan I hope he goes in summer!
    LOL - I honestly don't think he's replaceable - certainly not on a like-for-like basis

Master
    Blog Entries
    LOL - I honestly don't think he's replaceable - certainly not on a like-for-like basis
    I don't think you can replace him. Wonder what his price tag would be?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    I don't think you can replace him. Wonder what his price tag would be?
    Lord only knows (and some media outlets, purportedly). Some of the reports over the last couple of days have suggested around £100m - not bad considering he only has a year left on the contract, if true.

They should let him go, if you look back at when he fell out with Jose he was terrible on the pitch so if hes not happy he just does not show up. No point keeping him if he will just play badly. 100mil is apparently the offer RM have made, seems cheap compared to the prices paid for other big names,

100mil is apparently the offer RM have made, seems cheap compared to the prices paid for other big names,
    Might be cheap if he had a long contract, but if he's a free agent in 12 months 100mil is a huge amount of money to give to the club.

Blog Entries
    They should let him go, if you look back at when he fell out with Jose he was terrible on the pitch so if hes not happy he just does not show up. No point keeping him if he will just play badly. 100mil is apparently the offer RM have made, seems cheap compared to the prices paid for other big names,
    To be fair, he was very keen to point out that he didn't fall out with JM. He was however recovering from injury all that season.

Regards price, as Chris said above, it's an extremely high price for someone if they've only a year left on their current contract. Mind you, that's supposing that anything reported about is true. Football journalists have to be the world's worst when it comes to making stories up and hiding behind "undisclosed sources" in order to create clickbait.

To be fair, he was very keen to point out that he didn't fall out with JM. He was however recovering from injury all that season.

Regards price, as Chris said above, it's an extremely high price for someone if they've only a year left on their current contract. Mind you, that's supposing that anything reported about is true. Football journalists have to be the world's worst when it comes to making stories up and hiding behind "undisclosed sources" in order to create clickbait.
    He's a fabulous player, bashed us up on Monday night!

On his day - unplayable.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries

On his day - unplayable.
    Were you there, Neil? A good turnout as always for West Ham at the Bridge.

Blog Entries

On his day - unplayable.
    He was literally in a different league last night first time i can remember applauding the TV when that goal went in
    Will he be still with us next season? my gut tells me no and in that case the club must make as much as possible and IMO 100m is cheap but as with anything the football “ journo’ s “ come out with who knows?
    Does anybody remember this player Shinji Kagawa? bought by MU same time as Hazard was bought by CFC and the talk at the time was who bought the better player reckon we all know the answer.

I don’t know the ins and out but it’s amazing how Chelsea have allowed Hazard to run his contract down to 12 months, would suggest there is something going on behind the scenes.

If it is 100million for real to acquire his services in footballing terms it’s “cheap”

Externally it looks almost as bad as my clubs contract management under Gazidis one of the worst execs in football period. From Fabregas to he who shall not be named to Ramsey and worst of all, the Theo Walloct saga holding the club to ransom for a bumper pay deal!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17ykp View Post
    I don’t know the ins and out but it’s amazing how Chelsea have allowed Hazard to run his contract down to 12 months, would suggest there is something going on behind the scenes.

If it is 100million for real to acquire his services in footballing terms it’s “cheap”

Externally it looks almost as bad as my clubs contract management under Gazidis one of the worst execs in football period. From Fabregas to he who shall not be named to Ramsey and worst of all, the Theo Walloct saga holding the club to ransom for a bumper pay deal!!
    Chelsea have been trying to convince him to sign another contract with mega-money for ages. However, this is about a dream that Hazard has to play for the club he idolised as a kid. Can't blame him for that. Remember that whatever we offer, Real Madrid are capable of matching but to him, it's not about money anyway, so it seems.

Chelsea have been trying to convince him to sign another contract with mega-money for ages. However, this is about a dream that Hazard has to play for the club he idolised as a kid. Can't blame him for that. Remember that whatever we offer, Real Madrid are capable of matching but to him, it's not about money anyway, so it seems.

I think that, at the moment, Real are a step above Chelsea in terms of desirability. Real will pay Hazard pretty much whatever he wants, he seems to want a new challenge and he's had a decent spell at Chelsea so I think he'll probably go.

I was at Stamford Bridge last night and he really was a different class. That said, the two double-barrelled kids were both top draw as well. The no 20 (Hudson-Odoi I think) has no fear and real pace. Very impressed by him. You have to hold onto him and Loftus-Cheek.

Shame it took us 45 mins to wake up and actually start playing otherwise it could have been a much better game.

Given West Ham aren't going to finish 7th and won't go down, I'd really like us to start some of the youth players... there's no point having the likes of Perez anywhere near the squad so why not give Hollands, Coventry, Grady, Johnson etc a decent run out for the rest of the season and see whether they could do a job next year. Leicester and Southampton at home, they'll get a great reception....

Blog Entries
    I think that, at the moment, Real are a step above Chelsea in terms of desirability. Real will pay Hazard pretty much whatever he wants, he seems to want a new challenge and he's had a decent spell at Chelsea so I think he'll probably go.

I was at Stamford Bridge last night and he really was a different class. That said, the two double-barrelled kids were both top draw as well. The no 20 (Hudson-Odoi I think) has no fear and real pace. Very impressed by him. You have to hold onto him and Loftus-Cheek.

Shame it took us 45 mins to wake up and actually start playing otherwise it could have been a much better game.

Given West Ham aren't going to finish 7th and won't go down, I'd really like us to start some of the youth players... there's no point having the likes of Perez anywhere near the squad so why not give Hollands, Coventry, Grady, Johnson etc a decent run out for the rest of the season and see whether they could do a job next year. Leicester and Southampton at home, they'll get a great reception....
    I think Real Madrid have always been a greater draw than Chelsea and every other club in the world with the possible exception of Barcelona - no problem with that.

You're right that Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek are exceptional. I have been so frustrated with Sarri at times in not playing Hudson-Odoi more often - he was absolutely tearing it up in pre-season, especially on his preferred left side. If Hazard goes, then that will be one less competitor for the left berth. Regarding Loftus-Cheek, I think he should also start far more often although he has had injury problems over the last three or so seasons which might be something to keep an eye on.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Good result for Spurs last night. Liverpool on for the semi's.