closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    My take on the leaks, since you ask, is that there appears to be a lot of dirty money going around these newly big clubs.

I'm certain a die-hard fan, as you appear to be, would not want their club to be run in such a manner.

Or maybe who cares, as long as you're winning.

I agree with you that United are a shadow of their former self right now, and I agree the manager is the issue.

I'd love to take Silva off your hands though, what a player. Could grace any team in the world in my opinion. Barcelona even.

I'm only surprised his head's never been turned (same for Aguero too)
    Even if the leaks are true , it isn’t dirty money really is it? It’s not Ill gotten or illegal . Just spare cash he has down the back
    Of the sofa.
    It s alleged that the owner is financing sponsorship deals and enhancing them . Whilst not overly ethical, it’s a way of pumping more money of his own money in . As sevvy eloquently puts it, FFP was brought in to protect the established clubs and their cosy cabal. New money like Chelsea, PSG , City Red Bull etc was frowned upon . So ways of getting round the new rules had to be found . It appears that there were a few officials in high places involved with the knowledge too.

It’ll rumble on but I’d expect City to fight it tooth and nail .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Even if the leaks are true , it isn’t dirty money really is it? It’s not Ill gotten or illegal . Just spare cash he has down the back
    Of the sofa.
    It s alleged that the owner is financing sponsorship deals and enhancing them . Whilst not overly ethical, it’s a way of pumping more money of his own money in . As sevvy eloquently puts it, FFP was brought in to protect the established clubs and their cosy cabal. New money like Chelsea, PSG , City Red Bull etc was frowned upon...
    You say "cosy cabal" but some of those clubs spent 100 years building their clubs from nothing into huge world clubs, and now see that work being undone.

I wouldn't be best pleased either!

Bayern founded 1900
    United founded 1878
    Barcelona 1899
    Juventus 1897
    City 1880

All those clubs have had the same time to become super clubs.

I think what I'm trying to say, is that if Saudi Arabia (who have just as much money down the back of the sofa) were going to buy United, I'd be horrified.

Each to their own though.

You say "cosy cabal" but some of those clubs spent 100 years building their clubs from nothing into huge world clubs, and now see that work being undone.

Bayern founded 1900
    United founded 1878
    Barcelona 1899
    Juventus 1897
    City 1880

I think what I'm trying to say, is that if Saudi Arabia (who have just as much money down the back of the sofa) were going to buy United, I'd be horrified.

Pray tell, what is all this work being undone? Are you telling me that the same clubs should be contesting the same competition s each season ? What divine right do any of the clubs you’ve listed have to stay at the top forever .

Again, really easy to follow the narrative peddled by the big names. Do you honestly think United weren’t extremely lucky to be at the head of the queue when the money went through the roof and with maximum exposure? They, like all the others have had investment throughout history. I don’t think I need to tell you about your clubs history but there are at least a couple of times that United might’ve ceased to exist without help from their “noisy neighbours”

And don’t give me all that guff about Saudi Arabian money. You and your 695 go zillion fans would be delighted if PEG or any other incumbent was bankrolled without limit.

Blog Entries

Bayern founded 1900
    United founded 1878
    Barcelona 1899
    Juventus 1897
    City 1880

That almost sounds reasonable until you really think about it…

Enjoy your European Super League whilst you’re killing football…!!!

Dyche described us the ‘market leaders’ in the championship…

You spend £200m a year and still can’t compete! You’d love a healthy cash injection and to be shot of the fleecers from America
    Last edited by Wolfie; 15th November 2018 at 17:30.

As usual nowadays, whoever has the most money wins.

It's all about who can get the biggest sugar daddy.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    As usual nowadays, whoever has the most money wins.

This article - from 2004 - describes how and when the rot set in. And who bears responsibility.

https://www.theguardian.com/football.../sport.comment

"It is nonsense to claim that the chairmen of the self-appointed 'Big Five' - then Manchester United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham - were somehow visionary for seeing the TV multi-millions over the horizon. The previous year, in October 1990, the Football League had produced a document, One Game One Team One Voice , calling for unity, a joint managing board, with the FA. In it, the League said: 'With respect to television, football is about to enter an era of unprecedented opportunity.'

Everybody in football knew it. BSkyB's emergence had shaken up the cosy ITV-BBC cartel and the sport was going to get fortunes. The question was how that new money was to be managed.

Even as the League's executives were going round the country with their unity plan, the Big Five were holding a secret meeting with Greg Dyke, then of ITV, to see if he would give them a TV deal if they broke away from the League."

I see the oil fuelled, FFP cheating , dodgy dealing league leaders managed to scrape a lucky 4-0 v the Hammers.
    Scousers keeping up with a win v Watford . Watching Spuds v Chelsea makes me think there aren’t many teams will go there and win .
    Nice to see Nited take a well deserved point to maintain mid table mediocrity.
    Great result for Fulham who I want to stay up .
    Listening to 5 live and a Leicester fan was on giving James Maddison both barrels for cheating and getting sent off leaving the Foxes with ten men for a long period of the game . I’ll watch MOTD later for the talking points .

Blog Entries
    Leicester fan was on giving James Maddison both barrels for cheating and getting sent off leaving the Foxes with ten men for a long period of the game . I’ll watch MOTD later for the talking points .
    That was embarrassing…. He got no sympathy on Foxestalk…. Frankly he’s been believing his own hype and is not quite as good as he thinks he is… he has potential, but, needs to get his sh*t together

Felt strange watching Claudio…. I never wanted him to go

I see the oil fuelled, FFP cheating , dodgy dealing league leaders managed to scrape a lucky 4-0 v the Hammers.
    Scousers keeping up with a win v Watford . Watching Spuds v Chelsea makes me think there aren’t many teams will go there and win .
    Nice to see Nited take a well deserved point to maintain mid table mediocrity.
    Great result for Fulham who I want to stay up .
    Listening to 5 live and a Leicester fan was on giving James Maddison both barrels for cheating and getting sent off leaving the Foxes with ten men for a long period of the game . I’ll watch MOTD later for the talking points .
    We were brilliant yesterday. Now we just need a stadium.