timefactors watches

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

So, it's back .
    Back with a bang, hopefully.
    Looking forward to Wolfie s Leicester returning home from just outside Manchester with 3 points.
    Anyway, your team ? Hopes ? Aspirations? Chances of trophies ?
    Can anyone catch City ?
    Have Looneypool spent enough to catch up? Can Chelsea, with Sarri start to compete again?
    Everton ? Everton have spent big and have signed hundreds of players .
    Can Nited, Spurs, Arse, et al really hope to compete with TBFTTEGTFL.
    Wolves? . Fulham ? Both spent really well and have a great chance to stay up .
    Who will drop ?

Me? If City retain the title, I'd be happy .
    I despise the Champions League and the circus that surrounds it but I'd love us to win it.
    I'd prefer the FA Cup .

Anyway, over to you guys .

And girls , if you're a Nited fan .

Journeyman
    Very quick start but Leicester the better team since the early goal

Master
    United fan here (first time Iíd seen the term Nited, though Iíve seen all your other slur names for rival clubs before) and my main concern this year is our main rivals closing the gap on us. Itís a real possibility this year in my view. If I was betting my money would still be on Man City, but Liverpool look good, and have bought well imo.

Master
    First time since PL started I have binned off Sky as it's become a bore fest over last few years. More teams worried about not getting relegated than anything exciting at the top of the league.
    Glad Leicester won a few years back but nothing like that will happen again.

Master
    Good start. Decent performance by the Foxes, and you can consider yourself unlucky to lose when you're beaten by a Luke Shaw goal, even if he is currently this season's leading Premier League goal scorer from open play.

Craftsman
    Good match. Looked like ManU would walk over them at start but back they came. I'll watch Spurs tonight but forget the 3.00PM matches as I need my sleep. I get Optus Sport in Australia so have access to every match of EPL, ECL and Europa. Shame is I'm in the wrong time zone so most of the time I watch the highlights.

Bored with it already. I just hope that Man City, Man Utd or Chelsea don't win the league, that Everton get relegated and Palace, Bournemouth and Fulham stay up.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Craftsman
    Got my first away game of this season under my belt early, saw my lot (Palace) beat Fulham at Craven Cottage, good game and a great atmosphere in the away end this afternoon. Fulham play decent football. I think six of their starting eleven were new signings, once they get used to playing together they will be a decent side. Don't think that they will have too much difficulty in staying up this season.

As for my beloved Eagles, we must be the form team having won four of our last five Premier league games (albeit with a three month break between the last two games). Liverpool at home next up will be tough.

Master
    A little fishing village on the banks of the mersey.
    Just hoping Liverpool make the CL final and get beat again.

Master
    Blog Entries

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Great start for us, Keita is a proper player. Sturridge looks to be back at his best too.

I also hope we make the CL final.

Fair play to City - putting that out for Maitland Niles. City looking very good - Arsenal still a work in progress but City look to be the best team over the first weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fair play to City - putting that out for Maitland Niles. City looking very good - Arsenal still a work in progress but City look to be the best team over the first weekend.
    Iím loathe to say it was routine for City but I always thought we could step it up if needed.
    I donít think many teams will go to Arsenal and come away with 3 points, they will definitely improve. I loved the kid in midfield .

Usual start by West Ham, thrashed by Liverpool. Although seven new players we can't hope to compete with the big boys. It's like two leagues now in the Prem.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052