closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Craftsman
    Im keeping it humble 4 a few weeks

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Weep instead for Bolton Wanderers in admin as of today.
    The focus should be on arseholes who buy clubs and ruin them. Mainly through their own incompetence (footballing and financial) and occasionally by using them as cash machines.

Being brutally honest, City were fortunate to escape the clutches of a number of crap owners culminating in Thaksin.
    Such is life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickg View Post
    Even recently they attacked city’s team bus last year and this year fans were filmed pushing elderly tourists into a fountain in Barcelona.

That was one fan, utter bell end but he is does not represent the whole fan base.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    That was one fan, utter bell end but he is does not represent the whole fan base.
    Was it the same bell-end who threw a flare into the Chelsea fans this year and hit a disabled child who needed medical attention or, was it a different bell-end?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Gets a bit desperate when you have to celebrate selling some of your best players.
    Why would you as a fan be pleased with the club’s owners doing that to ensure they maximise their financial return?

Klopp is a great manager, despite some of his sillier outbursts, but don’t you think he would have rather kept coutinho AND bought Allison and Van Dijke?
    At the time - yes. But glad Liverpool didn’t have the resources to keep him to be honest. I think Liverpool play more as a team without Phil C. For every wonder goal he took umpteen attempts (as Barca have found out)

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Was it the same bell-end who threw a flare into the Chelsea fans this year and hit a disabled child who needed medical attention or, was it a different bell-end?
    Dont worry we will be (quite rightly) reminded of a Hillsborough anniversary next season but mysteriously will (shamefully) not see any actions to commemorate the manslaughter of 39 Juventus fans by Liverpool hooligans. Can't possibly lose the 'Victimpool' badge.....

Before anyone starts Hillsborough was an absolute tragedy, should never be forgotten and it is right that it gets commemorated. I do feel however it is shameful that Heysel victims are not commemorated in the same way. I suspect this is to maintain the mirage of Liverpool being a community club and a force for good that represents it's own instead of the truth which is that it has a dark hooligan fringe and has played a central role in the alienation of English teams and fans abroad. The arrogance and sense of entitlement of the fan base is the main reason why most true football supporters wanted Man City to win the league.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 14th May 2019 at 08:11.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Dont worry we will be (quite rightly) reminded of a Hillsborough anniversary next season but mysteriously will (shamefully) not see any actions to commemorate the manslaughter of 39 Juventus fans by Liverpool hooligans. Can't possibly lose the 'Victimpool' badge.....

Before anyone starts Hillsborough was an absolute tragedy, should never be forgotten and it is right that it gets commemorated. I do feel however it is shameful that Heysel victims are not commemorated in the same way. I suspect this is to maintain the mirage of Liverpool being a community club and a force for good that represents it's own instead of the truth which is that it has a dark hooligan fringe and has played a central role in the alienation of English teams and fans abroad. The arrogance and sense of entitlement of the fan base is the main reason why most true football supporters wanted Man City to win the league.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    More holes in your argument than a fisherman's net.......

Master
    I was amused by one fan claiming City are the greatest team in Premier league history.

Wow, that's all 27 years of Premier league history. I've got socks older than the Premier league.
    Last edited by estoban7; 14th May 2019 at 10:02.

Quote Originally Posted by estoban7 View Post
    I was amused by one fan claiming City are the greatest team in Premier league history.

Wow, that's all 27 years of Premier league history. I've got socks older than the Premier league.
    Easily amused.

Master
    Blog Entries
    No idea, I do know that the fountain guy is about to have action taken against him by the club.

I am sorry to hear that all of Liverpool are not up to the impeccable standards of all other clubs, who have no bad apples whatsoever.

Shall we take a lead from the Chelsea care in the community programme?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-37296112.html
    Last edited by Middo; 14th May 2019 at 12:00.

Blog Entries
    No idea, I do know that the fountain guy is about to have action taken against him by the club.

I am sorry to hear that all of Liverpool are not up to the impeccable standards of all other clubs, who have no bad apples whatsoever.

Shall we take a lead from the Chelsea care in the community programme?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/s...-37296112.html
    LOL - deflection - great tactic. Everyone has their bad apples. Jason is an attention-seeking nobody who fell into his own infamy during the filming of a documentary and he's since longed to create an undeserved bad-boy image. The real ex-'herberts' who still circulate all think he's a complete idiot. However, the story you quote is about his attendance at a parade which, no matter how controversial in substance, didn't actually hurt anyone. He was simply trying to underline how 'tough' he is (he really isn't) by making an appearance.

There are plenty of more prominent examples of bad behaviour by Chelsea boys. However, as a CFC home and away season ticket holder, I can reliably inform you that the red half of Liverpool are renowned by virtually every other club as representing a notably higher level of unsavoury incidents than any other premiership club. On visits to Anfield, I have witnessed home fans spitting into the away end, throwing a plastic bag of fresh vomit into the away end and obviously, the recent flare-throwing incident (not seen any of these behaviours from any other set of supporters). Had the flare been thrown at any other ground or by anyone else toward Liverpool supporters, it would have made huge headlines and caused many debates in the media. Being Liverpool, it was virtually brushed over and we have since heard nothing. The very next day on Talksport, they completely avoided the subject. Of course there was the bus-bottling incident against Man City recently but again, no action taken. I also remember playing Liverpool at Old Trafford in the FA Cup Semi-Final in 2006. There were reports that circulated of Liverpool supporters smashing urinals from the walls and smearing excretia around the walls of the gents in their end. I took this as urban myth until I mentioned the report to a mate of mine who is an Anfield ST holder. This chap is actually quite senior in Liverpool Victoria Insurance. He told me that he saw it for himself and looked amused. I guess he thought that was normal behaviour. Until that moment, I had always thought of him as one of the decent Liverpool supporters.

Craftsman
    LOL - deflection - great tactic. Everyone has their bad apples. Jason is an attention-seeking nobody who fell into his own infamy during the filming of a documentary and he's since longed to create an undeserved bad-boy image. The real ex-'herberts' who still circulate all think he's a complete idiot. However, the story you quote is about his attendance at a parade which, no matter how controversial in substance, didn't actually hurt anyone. He was simply trying to underline how 'tough' he is (he really isn't) by making an appearance.

There are plenty of more prominent examples of bad behaviour by Chelsea boys. However, as a CFC home and away season ticket holder, I can reliably inform you that the red half of Liverpool are renowned by virtually every other club as representing a notably higher level of unsavoury incidents than any other premiership club. On visits to Anfield, I have witnessed home fans spitting into the away end, throwing a plastic bag of fresh vomit into the away end and obviously, the recent flare-throwing incident (not seen any of these behaviours from any other set of supporters). Had the flare been thrown at any other ground or by anyone else toward Liverpool supporters, it would have made huge headlines and caused many debates in the media. Being Liverpool, it was virtually brushed over and we have since heard nothing. The very next day on Talksport, they completely avoided the subject. Of course there was the bus-bottling incident against Man City recently but again, no action taken. I also remember playing Liverpool at Old Trafford in the FA Cup Semi-Final in 2006. There were reports that circulated of Liverpool supporters smashing urinals from the walls and smearing excretia around the walls of the gents in their end. I took this as urban myth until I mentioned the report to a mate of mine who is an Anfield ST holder. This chap is actually quite senior in Liverpool Victoria Insurance. He told me that he saw it for himself and looked amused. I guess he thought that was normal behaviour. Until that moment, I had always thought of him as one of the decent Liverpool supporters.
    More crap than I have ever heard!!! The most racist set of fans known in English football....... You make Millwall seem like a church choir.

Ps ex season ticket holder who now still frequently visits the holy grail.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Merkaholic View Post
    More crap than I have ever heard!!! The most racist set of fans known in English football....... You make Millwall seem like a church choir.

Ps ex season ticket holder who now still frequently visits the holy grail.

LOL - whatever. Are you actually denying that anything I wrote happened? If so, which bits in particular?

Craftsman
    LOL - whatever. Are you actually denying that anything I wrote happened? If so, which bits in particular?
    Let me reiterate in plain English....... Like all clubs there are a few rotten apples but it does not mean the whole club or all the fans are the same.

People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones........ Im pretty sure a few of your skinheads had an issue in Europe this season???

Craftsman
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...first-leg/amp/

Blog Entries
    Let me reiterate in plain English....... Like all clubs there are a few rotten apples but it does not mean the whole club or all the fans are the same.

People in glass houses shouldn't be throwing stones........ Im pretty sure a few of your skinheads had an issue in Europe this season???

I'm quite sure I understand English as well as you, unless of course you happen to be an English teacher, in which case, apologies. You will notice that I said all clubs have their bad apples and nowhere did I claim that all Liverpool supporters are the same. I basically said that Liverpool has a disproportionate number of fans prone to distasteful behaviour, the kind of which you don't see on the whole from other fans. I've had my season ticket for 20 years and in the last seven years or so, have only missed one CFC premiership game home or away so I've experience of many grounds and many supporters. Most are no trouble. Some like to indulge in name-calling and some even, casual violence. However, nowhere other than Liverpool have I had other fans spitting into the away supporters, throwing bags of vomit into away supporters and, until April this year, seen flares being thrown into the away fans. Take it how you will.

Craftsman
    I'm quite sure I understand English as well as you, unless of course you happen to be an English teacher, in which case, apologies. You will notice that I said all clubs have their bad apples and nowhere did I claim that all Liverpool supporters are the same. I basically said that Liverpool has a disproportionate number of fans prone to distasteful behaviour, the kind of which you don't see on the whole from other fans. I've had my season ticket for 20 years and in the last seven years or so, have only missed one CFC premiership game home or away so I've experience of many grounds and many supporters. Most are no trouble. Some like to indulge in name-calling and some even, casual violence. However, nowhere other than Liverpool have I had other fans spitting into the away supporters, throwing bags of vomit into away supporters and, until April this year, seen flares being thrown into the away fans. Take it how you will.
    Behave...... Your starting to make me laugh lol. You have just made Chelsea sound like God's gift to this green earth.

Wow, just come back to this thread after living on cloud 9 since Sunday afternoon and can't believe some of the arguing! lol

As a City fan who's friends are all either Liverpool or United I think the reason everyone bar Liverpool fans wanted City to win the title this is season is exactly down to how they are all acting now and have done since just before Christmas.

The league is long, you all thought it was yours when you were 10 (yes 10) points ahead, most fans of other clubs would keep quiet with such a long time yet to play but not Liverpool (or the media for that matter) went on and on as if they won it 5 months ago!

A lot of people forget up to a month ago City were still in all 4 competitions, yet another achievement NEVER done before, playing every 3 days since the turn of the year. Liverpool fans take the piss that we are out but is it any wonder? You were out of both cups to rubbish teams almost straight away and have played a lot less games!

I'm proud of City's achievements since the "money" came, the personal highs and lows of the competitions (and almost every record broken) and also the investment locally to families of Manchester and the surrounding areas which always gets overlooked when people moan about the spending. You should go and see what has been done in and around the stadium, it is nothing short of perfection and has to be in the top 5 training facilities in Europe if not the world.

I will be supporting Tottenham in the CL Final which pains me but they are the lesser of two evils, come on you SPURS!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    Wow, just come back to this thread after living on cloud 9 since Sunday afternoon and can't believe some of the arguing! lol

As a City fan who's friends are all either Liverpool or United I think the reason everyone bar Liverpool fans wanted City to win the title this is season is exactly down to how they are all acting now and have done since just before Christmas.

The league is long, you all thought it was yours when you were 10 (yes 10) points ahead, most fans of other clubs would keep quiet with such a long time yet to play but not Liverpool (or the media for that matter) went on and on as if they won it 5 months ago!

A lot of people forget up to a month ago City were still in all 4 competitions, yet another achievement NEVER done before, playing every 3 days since the turn of the year. Liverpool fans take the piss that we are out but is it any wonder? You were out of both cups to rubbish teams almost straight away and have played a lot less games!

I'm proud of City's achievements since the "money" came, the personal highs and lows of the competitions (and almost every record broken) and also the investment locally to families of Manchester and the surrounding areas which always gets overlooked when people moan about the spending. You should go and see what has been done in and around the stadium, it is nothing short of perfection and has to be in the top 5 training facilities in Europe if not the world.

I will be supporting Tottenham in the CL Final which pains me but they are the lesser of two evils, come on you SPURS!
    I hope the cups and titles are gold plated considering the money spent

Master

For what it's worth, various of the records City have set in the last two seasons are all time 'top flight' records - eg, points won, total wins, consecutive wins, goals scored.

Obviously any judgement relies entirely on one's preferred definition of "greatest".

Blog Entries
    Behave...... Your starting to make me laugh lol. You have just made Chelsea sound like God's gift to this green earth.

You're obviously not an english teacher if you inferred that from what I said.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    For what it's worth, various of the records City have set in the last two seasons are all time 'top flight' records - eg, points won, total wins, consecutive wins, goals scored.

Obviously any judgement relies entirely on one's preferred definition of "greatest".
    I personally have no malice towards city....... They have won what they have fairly, playing good football.

Currently you have a trophy cabinet........when you have a trophy room then shout about greatness.

Master
    Klopp is a great manager, despite some of his sillier outbursts, but don’t you think he would have rather kept coutinho AND bought Allison and Van Dijke?

I think getting shot of Coutinho for €140m was a fabulous bit of business. He was never worth close to that in a million years. Barca were just desperate to get someone to replace Neymar. Unlike Salah, VVD and Allison, how often did Coutinho earn points for Liverpool. He scored some brilliant goals and looked flash but did he really consistently contribute to results?

They aren’t quite as glamorous as either the Net Spend Trophy or the We Nearly Got A Draw Trophy that you currently hold but they will do just fine thanks .

............ and I rest my case with that statement!

Football is a business, people forget that, and what the Sheikh has invested (nigh on a billion) is now showing a healthy return. So much so we are now in the top 5 revenue of all football clubs!

We are self sustaining ourselves and make profit year on year, we are producing our own home grown players from our own academy and are building a bright future for ourselves.

In fact, Phil Foden has been born, won 2 premier league trophies and even had a child of his own since Liverpool won their last title!

The future is bright, for City at least.

I don't care a jot who won the Premier League, I support neither Man City nor Liverpool. Leicester winning, that was something to enjoy, currently the dream for almost English league teams 90 teams, especially as Leicester were still in League One 10 years ago. That they did it with players bought on the cheap or brought in after being released by other clubs made it something special. City or Liverpool? Who really cares apart from their own supporters? I'm much more interested in and happy for Norwich and Luton winning their leagues. Wolves finishing seventh, West Ham recovering to 10th, Fulham spunking £100million up the wall and being immediately relegated, that's the stuff of interest in the PL.
    "A man of little significance"

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Leicester winning it was a magnificent story. Genuinely.
    Made all the more romantic that the owners of the club are Thai billionaire oligarch owners of the duty free franchise in much of SE Asia with a net worth of $5bn.
    Just shows that it’s still possible for the small town community clubs to thrive in the cutthroat world of big football.

Even more heartwarming is the hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars they’ll have made out of their ownership of the club

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post

The point I was making is that people only quote Premier league statistics these days. It's like the hundred years before the Premier league's conception didn't exist.

Good on City though for breaking all top flight records. I genuinly had no idea of that statistic because no one talks about what happened before 1992.

Quote Originally Posted by gilford View Post
    ............ and I rest my case with that statement!

Football is a business, people forget that, and what the Sheikh has invested (nigh on a billion) is now showing a healthy return. So much so we are now in the top 5 revenue of all football clubs!

We are self sustaining ourselves and make profit year on year, we are producing our own home grown players from our own academy and are building a bright future for ourselves.

In fact, Phil Foden has been born, won 2 premier league trophies and even had a child of his own since Liverpool won their last title!

The future is bright, for City at least.
    Football is a business but not generally a profitable one! revenues mean next to nothing, in 2017/2018 season Man City posted £10.4 mil profit, not really a great return on a 1.3 billion spent. Plus the potential CL ban for breaking fair play rules, for the owner sponsoring himself and paying a huge amount so City made a profit.

I agree the background improvements in City in relation to the women's team, academy etc is all world class. Hell I wish a rich Sheikh would buy Arsenal!! football is all just money now (not profits) and without a huge investment you just cant compete anymore.
    Last edited by NikGixer750; 15th May 2019 at 10:39.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Football is a business but not generally a profitable one! revenues mean next to nothing, in 2017/2018 season Man City posted £10.4 mil profit, not really a great return on a 1.3 billion spent.

I agree the background improvements in City in relation to the women's team, academy etc is all world class. Hell I wish a rich Sheikh would buy Arsenal!! football is all just money now (not profits) and without a huge investment you just cant compete anymore.
    I thought arsenal had a BIG sheikh oh yes..... Milkshake kroenke lol. I like arsenal as a club and good bunch of supporters. It is unfortunate the calibre of ownership does not go hand in hand with the supporters.

Master
    Blog Entries

The point I was making is that people only quote Premier league statistics these days. It's like the hundred years before the Premier league's conception didn't exist.

Good on City though for breaking all top flight records. I genuinly had no idea of that statistic because no one talks about what happened before 1992.
    Good point. For example, everyone’s forgotten that Huddersfield Town are a great club because they hold the joint record for consecutive league titles.

Master
    That's very shoddy behaviour indeed but to suggest that it is "mocks Sean Cox or the Hillsborough disaster" is an absolute fabrication by someone clearly bent on making trouble.

Master
    Blog Entries

I don’t think it had anything to do with Sean Cox either to be fair, or Hillsborough.

Craftsman
    If Man City get banned from the Champions League they will be a shoe in for the Premier League with no European distraction. The challenge will be keeping their players happy and playing with limited game time.

If Man City get banned from the Champions League the challenge will be keeping their manager.

(although he may sit out a one year ban)

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    If Man City get banned from the Champions League the challenge will be keeping their manager.

(although he may sit out a one year ban)
    Don't see that myself. Pep is very happy at City and, when the rumours of him leaving for Juve came up, he even intimated he could stay beyond his current contract. I think Pep sees this club as his chance to start a legacy that he can call his. Both Barca and Bayern were already established and big clubs but City were just starting their road to bigger dreams.

As for players leaving the only reason anyone would likely leave is because there not getting enough first team football, e.g. Leroy Sane. That is City's biggest challenge.

Master
    Blog Entries

Not taking anything away from what Pep has done, however city already had a great team before he got there.

They are an awesome side though, you can’t deny that.
    Last edited by Middo; 15th May 2019 at 20:37.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Don't see that myself. Pep is very happy at City and, when the rumours of him leaving for Juve came up, he even intimated he could stay beyond his current contract. I think Pep sees this club as his chance to start a legacy that he can call his. Both Barca and Bayern were already established and big clubs but City were just starting their road to bigger dreams.

As for players leaving the only reason anyone would likely leave is because there not getting enough first team football, e.g. Leroy Sane. That is City's biggest challenge.
    I would like to see pep go to someone average and see how he does, managing Barca at their prime , then Bayern at their prime and taking over a already decent Man City squad with an unlimited budget is not really testing his abilities

Take a look at how much the Heysel deniers have spent since the inception of the Premier League and still can't manage it.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    I would like to see pep go to someone average and see how he does, managing Barca at their prime , then Bayern at their prime and taking over a already decent Man City squad with an unlimited budget is not really testing his abilities
    I agree to a point. Where I think he excels is in player and ego management which is a different challenge. Man City are better than they were under the previous managers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Man City are better than they were under the previous managers.
    I think Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison would be turning in their graves if they were alive today.

I think Joe Mercer and Malcolm Allison would be turning in their graves if they were alive today.
    Why not include Matt Busby, Don Revie or Brian Clough to name but a few superb managers who’s clubs have changed enormously. Football moves with the times and, whether we like it or not, money is the key influencer.
    City had some great sides in the late 60’s and early 70’s and I’m old enough to remember Lee, Bell etc. This current City squad play some of the most sublime football I’ve witnessed in the league and it’s a joy to watch.

Craftsman
    I missed out "in the current era" or "since 2012" :-)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    I missed out "in the current era" or "since 2012" :-)
    Ahh they were from the 60s and 70s lad.

Master
    Why not include Matt Busby, Don Revie or Brian Clough to name but a few superb managers who’s clubs have changed enormously. Football moves with the times and, whether we like it or not, money is the key influencer.
    Because I was answering a post that said City had done better under Pep than previous managers. Busby, Revie and Clough didn't manage Manchester City.

Yes football moves with the times, but the history of our clubs shouldn't be forgotten.

I can't believe you left Shankly and Paisley off your list BTW, especially considering this thread is dominated by Liverpool and Man City.

I agree with you regarding the influence of money though. Such a shame really.
    Last edited by estoban7; 16th May 2019 at 18:47.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Top two aside, you have to be happy if you are a wolves fan, brilliant season.

Sore loser indeed. Remind me how much Liverpool paid for Allison and Van Dijk, John Henry’s not exactly short of cash. City haven’t got the world wide fan base like Utd and Liverpool but you all have to start somewhere. City had home crowds when they were in old 3rd division that many 1st division teams would have died for.

Its posts like this that explain why so many people want Liverpool to lose.
    Excellent post.

Amazing stat I saw today...if Spurs lose the CL final, here's hoping they don't, obviously, it would be their twentieth loss of the season. I find that amazing.

Top two aside, you have to be happy if you are a wolves fan, brilliant season.
    Hopefully they have cemented themselves a place in the PL - great old club.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052