closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    13:1 🦊

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Crazy odds again… did you have another punt Richard?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Sometimes the bookies make it hard to resist . A two horse race and the odds can be crazy. Even United were 8-1 when they came to City . I had a punt on Lyon and they were at 22-1
    Despite our last two games being disappointing football and results wise, I’ve made £600 .👍

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I think I must have been at a different match - to say you were lucky to leave with a win would be an understatement.

Anyway, we’re looking good, and we’ll be in the new stadium before the end of January.
    Ha ha , OK .
    13 shots to 6 , 4 on target vs 1 , 6 corners to your 3 etc etc.
    I still have that down as our best performance this season and the Lamela chance aside, I don’t recall you troubling the defence.
    Anyway, if we don’t win it, I’ll be rooting for Spurs.
    One , because I’ve got a few quid on them and two, I couldn’t live with all the gloating Scousers 😏

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hi Ben, yes I did

I’m not a big better so the winnings won’t buy me at watch.

I just thought the odds were unrealistic for a team that had just beaten Chelsea away against a team that had lost to Palace (Schlupp ... one of my favourite players) at home.

Both forthcoming Southampton and Liverpool odds vs Man City seem swayed in City’s favour given recent form of all involved (dyor!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Sometimes the bookies make it hard to resist . A two horse race and the odds can be crazy. Even United were 8-1 when they came to City . I had a punt on Lyon and they were at 22-1
    Despite our last two games being disappointing football and results wise, I’ve made £600 .👍
    Mmmhhh. 5000/1 was not even remotely tempting to me a few years back…. May as well have flushed a tenner down the toilet

£600…. Blimey - swings and roundabouts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TAG0001 View Post
    Hi Ben, yes I did

I’m not a big better so the winnings won’t buy me at watch.

I just thought the odds were unrealistic for a team that had just beaten Chelsea away against a team that had lost to Palace (Schlupp ... one of my favourite players) at home.

Both forthcoming Southampton and Liverpool odds vs Man City seem swayed in City’s favour given recent form of all involved (dyor!)

Ah…. Sir Jeff…. Always had a huge soft spot for the Schlupp!

Enjoy your winnings!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    After a crappy start West Ham are on fire now, three consecutive wins with three goals scored by us in each game.
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    You're with us tonight, i'm going.

Born in Leicester but bred in Southampton so Red and White to the core. After a pretty bleak last season this one didn't start too well either, but things are looking a bit brighter at St Mary's under Mr H. Been there for a load of draws recently including the 2-2 against Man U but missed the only one i should have gone to the 3-2 against Arsenal, which is just my luck.

May the best team win (which is Saints).

UTS

(P.s. if we lose i'll walk away quietly, with my head down).

EDIT i've just walked away quietly with my head down.

Felipe Anderson was the difference.

West Ham, 9th - blimey o'Reilly!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    Yep, well played last night.. Massively obvious now that our board needs to get its cheque book out, just as the Hammers have.

We pulled in nearly £90M after selling Van Dijk (for £75M after paying £13M for him two years previously) and a smattering of others and we spend around half that in the summer. Not good enough.

Sack Pep and get the Goat in!

You can’t sack The Pep, its against the law.
    Plus, I have a man crush on him .
    I fully expect the boys to be back on song v Saints and then v Scouse . Title race on .

Plus. Didn’t you once profess that Ozil was better than David Silva ����
    Last edited by thegoat; 28th December 2018 at 22:44. Reason: Memory fade

Master
    Blog Entries
    Deary me Spurs.

Liverpool to poss go 9 points clear of them later on

Master
    Blog Entries
    Crazy scenes at Anfield 4-1 HT

What a pass from Allison Becker

Master
    Liverpool deserved to win but flattering scoreline.

Two super soft penalties where Liverpool players threw themselves to the ground - Salah is one of the worst culprits for that, bet he wouldn't have gone down if his kids had done that to him in the garden, barely touched and no way hard enough to be deemed a foul ...…

Then what Michael Oliver was thinking not to give the Lacazette penalty is baffling.

Seems none of the other sides want to put up competition this year.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I thought both pens and the one not given to Arsenal was soft / dives to be honest.

However Liverpool played some sublime football today

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    I thought both pens and the one not given to Arsenal was soft / dives to be honest.

However Liverpool played some sublime football today
    The Lacazette one was a pen - the defender (Clyne??) took a swipe at the ball and kicked Lacazette on the end of the boot instead. Would have been a sore one with the modern lightweight boots that have zero protection.

Master
    Any thoughts on Sane putting his hands on Lichtsteiner neck after block/shoulder barge early on in the match???

Thought Michael Oliver was definitely a 'homer' today and was generous to Liverpool. Liverpool deserved to win but not by 4 goals - a 2 goal margin was about right.

Shocking defending by Arsenal - a very Wenger-esque performance.

City need to beat Liverpool for sure when they play at the Etihad.

Liverpool looked fantastic last night, Salah, Mane and Firmino could do anything they wanted against a frankly pathetic Arsenal.

After City's recent debacles and Tottenham's result, Liverpool are looking the best team in the PL at the moment, although they have a hard run coming up.

My lot away at Burnley today, hope to jump back into the top half.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Thought Michael Oliver was definitely a 'homer' today and was generous to Liverpool. Liverpool deserved to win but not by 4 goals - a 2 goal margin was about right.

Shocking defending by Arsenal - a very Wenger-esque performance.

City need to beat Liverpool for sure when they play at the Etihad.

Did you see Salah's blatant dive against the Toon on Boxing Day? The merest feather of a touch and he was down with arms flailing. FA retrospective action? Nothing, toothless and afraid to upset the applecart. I doubt it affected the eventual result, but I don't like to see cheaters prosper. Who knows, an odd goal or two could decide the title yet.
    F.T.F.A.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not blatant but soft, refs seem to be playing closer to the book lately.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Deary me Spurs.

Liverpool to poss go 9 points clear of them later on
    Can't make out what happened in the 2nd half against Wolves, we looked so comfortable first half. Just hit a brick wall, everyone looked as if they'd been out all night the night before. Not to bad a Christmas period, the way the games came I think other teams had far more rest time.

Now hopefully a 2nd string team fro Friday then a good rest before United and Chelsea.

Liverpool are flying, massive game Thursday, If they win that I can't see them being stopped.
    Last edited by thfccambs; 2nd January 2019 at 14:28.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Not blatant but soft, refs seem to be playing closer to the book lately.
    The one against Newcastle was a shocking dive. He should have been banned for the Arsenal and Man City games which would ironically have stopped him from diving again against Arsenal.

If there isn't sufficient contact to cause someone to fall over then it's a dive - I don't think even a 2 year old child would have fallen over with the minimal contact in the Newcastle game and he went down like he'd been shot!

At least Guardiola took Sterling to one side and told him to pack in his diving last season. Klopp on the other hand just keeps defending Salah and as someone that is truly neutral (my team is in League 1) it's about time the FA actually grew a pair!

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    He should have been banned for the Arsenal and Man City games which would ironically have stopped him from diving again against Arsenal.
    Yeah....right

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Yeah....right

Yep, total cheat

Exactly how many times has Salah blatantly dived?

Yep, total cheat
    Who is it you support incidentally ? It's not Everton is it because they're normally bitter bar stewards which is just how you are sounding right now.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Exactly how many times has Salah blatantly dived?

I don't follow Liverpool so don't watch many of their games.

But Arsenal was a dive - nowhere near enough contact to do down and the general cosnsensus was it was a soft penalty. In fact the only stonewall penalty in that match wasn't given to Lacazette.

Previous game - shocking dive against Newcastle. Well worth a ban for cheating.

Away at Palace - shocking dive. Ironically I recall Mane getting tackled in the same game and fairly staying on his feet and scoring. I remember thinking what a contrast then.

So that's 3 I can think of immediately, with two in the last 2 games. Dare say plenty more where hopefully the ref didn't get suckered as he's clearly looking to go down at ANY contact in the penalty area, not just where it is sufficient to constitute a foul.

Great player who doesn't need to cheat.

Master
    Who is it you support incidentally ? It's not Everton is it because they're normally bitter bar stewards which is just how you are sounding right now.
    Everton aren't in League 1 and I made it clear I have no bias in the prem. I support Coventry and am clearly able to be far more subjective about Salah cheating than Liverpool fans who worship the ground he dives on.

If you had watched as much sh*t football as I have had to put up over the years, you'd be bitter

Anyway, 4 more wins, a quick exit from the cup and that will be our season wrapped up nicely.

Everton aren't in League 1 and I made it clear I have no bias in the prem. I support Coventry and am clearly able to be far more subjective about Salah cheating than Liverpool fans who worship the ground he dives on.
    There's no ground getting worshipped here man, it's you who can't hold it together but as we all know............opinions are like arseholes aren't they ?

The Arsenal penalty was not a dive - you can say it was contentious but Sokratis twice nibbled at him, which he didn't need to as Salah was not in on goal. I've seen Lovren do the same thing for Liverpool - why give the ref an excuse?

The other two, yes they were soft. However, I cannot remember Salah doing this previously - he doesn't need to because of his close control and speed.

I don't follow Liverpool so don't watch many of their games.

But Arsenal was a dive - nowhere near enough contact to do down and the general cosnsensus was it was a soft penalty. In fact the only stonewall penalty in that match wasn't given to Lacazette.

Previous game - shocking dive against Newcastle. Well worth a ban for cheating.

Away at Palace - shocking dive. Ironically I recall Mane getting tackled in the same game and fairly staying on his feet and scoring. I remember thinking what a contrast then.

So that's 3 I can think of immediately, with two in the last 2 games. Dare say plenty more where hopefully the ref didn't get suckered as he's clearly looking to go down at ANY contact in the penalty area, not just where it is sufficient to constitute a foul.

Great player who doesn't need to cheat.

Master
    There's no ground getting worshipped here man, it's you who can't hold it together but as we all know............opinions are like arseholes aren't they ?

Nothing wrong with trying to rid our game of diving. I'd make it a condition that all prem teams have to have a big screen and show the big incidents referred to TMO like rugby. Diving would reduce instantly if the player knew he would get shamed on the big screen and maybe introduce a sin bin period just to drive the message home.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    The Arsenal penalty was not a dive - you can say it was contentious but Sokratis twice nibbled at him, which he didn't need to as Salah was not in on goal. I've seen Lovren do the same thing for Liverpool - why give the ref an excuse?

The other two, yes they were soft. However, I cannot remember Salah doing this previously - he doesn't need to because of his close control and speed.
    He nibbled for sure. But no way was there enough contact for him to fall over or frankly break stride, so he dived in the same way that Lovren did to make it look worse for the referee. It's a contact sport and you don't get a penalty just for making contact. It comes down to whether the challenge is a foul and that can be the case even without contact (taking evasive action) in the same way that it's not a foul if the contact is not sufficient to have disadvantaged the attacker.

I feel sorry for refs and it was noticeable how different the approach was in the Liverpool vs Arsenal game and the City vs Saints game where two stonewall penalties weren't given, fortunately one for each side.

Craftsman
    Whilst on the subject i was surprised to see Harry Kane take a dive in the Wolves match last Saturday. Wouldn't have thought it was his style.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 3rd January 2019 at 15:53.

Master
    Any United fans hoping for a City win tonight? No? Just me??

I’d take a draw mind.

Blimey Dejan Lovren makes Fulham's defence look capable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Any United fans hoping for a City win tonight? No? Just me??

I’d take a draw mind.
    All the United fans I know would prefer City to win the league over Liverpool

Wow, what a game!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Wow, what a game!
    indeed - exactly what makes the premier league so interesting.

Z

Master
    Blog Entries
    Lovren was awful but to be fair to City they were dominant and outmuscled Liverpool despite each team having little effort on goal.

What a clearance off the line from Stones also!

Craftsman
    Cracking game of football last night.

Craftsman
    Whilst on the subject i was surprised to see Harry Kane take a dive in the Wolves match last Saturday. Wouldn't have thought it was his style.
    Tottenham supporter here and agree, not good to watch. As for Salah, anyone who thinks he doesn't dive is just blinkered. lol

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Tottenham supporter here and agree, not good to watch. As for Salah, anyone who thinks he doesn't dive is just blinkered. lol
    I didn't enjoy seeing it either. He strikes me as a good lad Harry (from the old school of fair play). When watching the replay i was hoping to see him caught but i couldn't see any contact. I guess these big name strikers are under so much pressure nowadays, but it doesn't excuse it.

P.s. our man Charlie Austin's in hot water again for sticking two fingers up to the City Fans last weekend (he's been charged by the FA). Not as bad as diving though and personally i'd like to see more of this conduct repeated :)

Last edited by WillHarris2306; 28th February 2019 at 18:42.

It’s the same as shirt pulling and holding players in the box imho, both have become a real problem.
    If the refs gave penalties for the holding and changed diving in the box to a red and enforced them vigorously then I’m sure we’d see it change.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    It’s the same as shirt pulling and holding players in the box imho, both have become a real problem.
    If the refs gave penalties for the holding and changed diving in the box to a red and enforced them vigorously then I’m sure we’d see it change.
    Lets see if VAR make a difference , hopefully it will as I hate it when players get wrestled to the ground at corners. Then you see the Ref just wave it all away.

Craftsman
    I didn't enjoy seeing it either. He strikes me as a good lad Harry (from the old school of fair play). When watching the replay i was hoping to see him caught but i couldn't see any contact. I guess these big name strikers are under so much pressure nowadays, but it doesn't excuse it.

He see the player coming in from the side, just think he knew he'd be hit at some point and went down, was out near the touch line so wasn't a dive for a penalty like some....cough Salah....

It's not just a few players it's all over Europe and possible worse around European leagues. For me it's something the import of European players brought to our game.

P.s. our man Charlie Austin's in hot water again for sticking two fingers up to the City Fans last weekend (he's been charged by the FA). Not as bad as diving though and personally i'd like to see more of this conduct repeated :)

Amazes me how players can get dogs abuse for 90 mins then react like this and get pulled up, wrong completely wrong.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post

Amazes me how players can get dogs abuse for 90 mins then react like this and get pulled up, wrong completely wrong.
    In this case is was 68 mins as he was on his way off the pitch for Long, but i know what you mean though. All part of trying to make it into a family-friendly environment but personally i think diving / cheating sends out a far more negative message to youngsters than flicking the v's at the away stand (which is tradition isn't it?).
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 4th January 2019 at 19:07.

In this case is was 68 mins as he was on his way off the pitch for Long, but i know what you mean though. All part of trying to make it into a family-friendly environment but personally i think diving / cheating sends out a far more negative message to youngsters than flicking the v's at the away stand (which is tradition isn't it?).
    To be fair , Austin was getting stick off the fans for trying to injure Fernandinho on a couple of occasions. Obviously this was more important than scoring goals . Personally, I don’t have an issue with his gesture and thought he would only be charged if someone was offended enough to complain .

Last night was rocking at City, not had an atmosphere like that for a long time. Thoroughly deserved result but still a way to go yet to catch Liverpool.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    To be fair , Austin was getting stick off the fans for trying to injure Fernandinho on a couple of occasions. Obviously this was more important than scoring goals . Personally, I don’t have an issue with his gesture and thought he would only be charged if someone was offended enough to complain .

Last night was rocking at City, not had an atmosphere like that for a long time. Thoroughly deserved result but still a way to go yet to catch Liverpool.
    Fair enough, i'm sure he wasn't the only one though, and it is a man's game after all. Were you there (i was)? Long drive for you though i suppose.

Personally i don't blame Charlie for trying to hurt him if he makes a habit out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLa6hjza_SY

P.s. all in good spirit though and i wish City well and hope they nick the Prem this season, i still think Liverpool are favourites though. Our main concern is staying in the bloody Premiership.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 13th January 2019 at 10:24.

Craftsman

Felipe Anderson was the difference.

West Ham, 9th - blimey o'Reilly!
    Good result for the hammers Neil. Ours was flattering i think, and we could have done without that red card.

Good result for the hammers Neil. Ours was flattering i think, and we could have done without that red card.
    It was a good result against Arse! 😊

Southampton have got a good run of games now, I expect to see them improve their league position.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    It was a good result against Arse!

Southampton have got a good run of games now, I expect to see them improve their league position.
    We can only hope Neil !

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app