closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Master
    I've had the benefit of seeing the highlights now, and it was remarkable that Chelsea did indeed play their part. Even at 4-0 down.

Funny old game!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I've had the benefit of seeing the highlights now, and it was remarkable that Chelsea did indeed play their part. Even at 4-0 down.

Funny old game!
    From a CFC point of view hilarious but i hear that Big Sam has the Cobham training ground in his sat nav and quite frankly i would take him over the know nothing waste of space we have now.

Master
    Really close at the bottom now. 13-18 anyone could go down and I wouldn't put a case forward for any of them pulling clear. Could be a real scrap in a couple of games.

Craftsman
    MOTD2 had good analysis and showed how Man City stifled Jorginho and forced breakdown of play and mistakes from Chelsea. So a solid gameplan and clinical finishing did the work. Sarri went from 100-1 to evens yesterday as the next manager to be sacked.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Nailed on? About as nailed on as our was

Sissoko was a beast - where’s he been hiding…. You’d’ve been gutted to be on the other end of that…

Despite the result, I do feel quite encouraged by this young side…. They can only get better, right?
    Stone wall Spurs penalty for me, how he booked Son is beyond me. Same, Ref who didn't give Son a stone wall penalty against Liverpool in the 90th minute earlier in the season...Oliver you ......er.

Can't believe Leicester didn't start Vardy? Always caused Spurs problems. Always a good game with plenty of goals Spurs v leicester .

Shame about Chelsea........

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Drago View Post
    Really close at the bottom now. 13-18 anyone could go down and I wouldn't put a case forward for any of them pulling clear. Could be a real scrap in a couple of games.
    Wasn't before but I'm getting worried now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Just looked at your next few games, things could get nasty for you.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Stone wall Spurs penalty for me, how he booked Son is beyond me. Same, Ref who didn't give Son a stone wall penalty against Liverpool in the 90th minute earlier in the season...Oliver you ......er.

Can't believe Leicester didn't start Vardy? Always caused Spurs problems. Always a good game with plenty of goals Spurs v leicester .

After watching West Brom v Forest tonight and seeing the penalty that West Brom got Son should get his booking rescinded easily

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post

The same Pen that both pundits on MOTD said was not a penalty…. He dived…. I’ve no idea how this can even be open to debate?

I’m quite happy to accept that our penalty was dubious

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AUDISTEVE2 View Post
    After watching West Brom v Forest tonight and seeing the penalty that West Brom got Son should get his booking rescinded easily
    Gayle is now up for a retrospective ban

Craftsman
    Klopp could be in hot water too for his comments about the ref in the West Ham game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47233177

Quote Originally Posted by mangoosian View Post
    Klopp could be in hot water too for his comments about the ref in the West Ham game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/47233177
    My respect for him has gone down a bit recently.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Don't discount Everton,take a look at the form table them their next group of games.Trying hard to emulate the Norwich team of the 90s who were 6/7 at Xmas and ended up relegated.

Craftsman
    Just looked at your next few games, things could get nasty for you.
    Telling me. Read a stinging story today as well that Dusan Tadic (who I really hoped we wouldn't sell in the summer as he was such good value, but they sold him regardless to Ajax for £9m) has scored 13 goals for them in 21 matches. Only caught my eye as the Alax fans have been taking to Twitter to take the piss at what a bargain he was. FFS.

Master
    Ha Tadic was always great value in the fantasy football, he always chipped in with goals or assists.

Blog Entries
    That’s Puel gone…

A shame really…. He was the wrong man with the right plan…

Results have been woeful of late…

That’s Puel gone…

Very strange game that.
    All Leicester until that fluke and when Johnny F****** Evans pounced, I thought you were going on to win.
    I see Brendan Rodgers is the favourite to take over. I hope for all your sakes he gets nowhere near the job. Up there with Warnock as my most disliked managers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Very strange game that.
    All Leicester until that fluke and when Johnny F****** Evans pounced, I thought you were going on to win.
    I see Brendan Rodgers is the favourite to take over. I hope for all your sakes he gets nowhere near the job. Up there with Warnock as my most disliked managers.
    We’d been playing well and getting nothing…. It was utterly bizarre…

Yep, after Evans scored, I thought we were nailed on….

All the talk on Foxestalk fans forum seems to suggest that the BROGE is hot favourite- bookies agree…

I dunno 🤷*♂️

All the talk on Foxestalk fans forum seems to suggest that the BROGE is hot favourite- bookies agree…

I dunno 路*♂️
    You should hang on .
    There might be another Chelsea boss available around 6.30 tonight ;)
    You did OK with the last one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    You should hang on .
    There might be another Chelsea boss available around 6.30 tonight ;)
    You did OK with the last one
    There are a few of us that would give him a free lift whatever the outcome of today’s game Sarri is not the man to carry us forward mind you given where we are at who is?

PS
    Just seen our team for the final may i wish the City fans my congrats now if we keep it down to 4-0 i will be surprised.
    Last edited by mart broad; 24th February 2019 at 16:52.

That’s Puel gone…

I unfortunately got a Leicester defender in on fantasy football thinking they had a nice run.

Watched the game, Leicester were all over Palace, a breakaway goal and I still can't believe the result.

Still, West Ham won.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Master
    That’ll be Liverpool not winning the title then.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    That’ll be Liverpool not winning the title then.
    Still top.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    There are a few of us that would give him a free lift whatever the outcome of today’s game Sarri is not the man to carry us forward mind you given where we are at who is?

PS
    Just seen our team for the final may i wish the City fans my congrats now if we keep it down to 4-0 i will be surprised.
    Surprised there’s no Higuain Mart. Looks like Hazard is going in at centre forward ?
    For some reason, I’m not that confident going in . Pep has dropped the keeper who got us here, shades of the FA Cup v Wigan .
    Anyway, back up plan involves sticking a few quid on Chelsea .

Blog Entries
    Just seen fromWembley each CFC gets a gift it’s a copy of Sarri’s P45

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Still top.

By a point. They had quite a lead not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Still top.
    But totally lost momentum, and poor for not going for it in the second half. Klopp going mad and rightly so. They didn’t put one flowing piece of football together...... twists and turns to come

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdogwood View Post
    I'm not a Liverpool fan so haven't seen all their matches. But I just took a look at the LFC rating site for players and Mane has been MOM last two matches vs Salah rated as 5 which is how I saw it. I also recall Salah going AWOL against Man City (rated somewhat rose tinted by this is anfield as 6.5), so that's at least 3 poor performances in last 5 or 6 crucial games. You also chose to quote Salah as being ineffectual when what I actually said was ineffectual in too many games. Frankly banging in a few goals in a 5-0 romp over a bottom club isn't nearly as important as turning up in either the big six pointers or when you are top of the league at the business end of the season.

So having covered off the recent games when they really needed him, Salah was rated a 6 vs Spurs (Mane 7) and 5 vs Chelsea (Mane 6). Neither great, but it's not daft to say he has been ineffectual too many times at all and for anyone who can be bothered, I bet there's a number of players that average far higher than Salah in those match by match player rankings across the season, he simply hasn't been as good as past seasons.
    Add another big game to the tally that Salah has been ineffectual - Shaw totally owned him today and the fact Klopp took Salah off when Mane was having a shocker speaks volumes.

Craftsman

I dunno 路*♂️
    If i were the Leicester board i'd be talking to David Wagner personally.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    If i were the Leicester board i'd be talking to David Wagner personally.
    Not convinced by any of the candidates currently available...

We shall see

Saints fans must miss him!

Craftsman
    Tell me about it mate. I was born in Leicester so have family up there, and I recall taking the piss out of a cab driver at the time telling him he was our cast-off and you were welcome to him.

We've had a bad run of managers but I'm happy with Ralph, just not the players.
    Last edited by WillHarris2306; 25th February 2019 at 19:49.

Craftsman
    P.s. i think Ian Holloway's available.

Master
    Not convinced by any of the candidates currently available...

We shall see

Saints fans must miss him!
    Should wait until may and go for Benitez.

Blog Entries
    P.s. i think Ian Holloway's available.
    Agh…. Rent a gob…. That guy was a complete fraud….

Should wait until may and go for Benitez.
    Newcastle can keep him!

Master

Newcastle can keep him!
    You wouldn't want Rafa ? Thats absolutely crazy.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    But totally lost momentum, and poor for not going for it in the second half. Klopp going mad and rightly so. They didn’t put one flowing piece of football together...... twists and turns to come
    I agree, we should have put UTD to the sword in the second half, going to be a fun run in.

Blog Entries
    You wouldn't want Rafa ? Thats absolutely crazy.
    A good manager, but, I’m not sure he’s the answer for our ‘give youth a chance’ strategy

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

A good manager, but, I’m not sure he’s the answer for our ‘give youth a chance’ strategy
    I suspect Ole Gunnar Solskjær could be looking for a Premier League club come June. He’ll give youth a chance.

(Big fan of Ole Gunnar Solskjær and he’s doing great. I just think United will turn to someone who they think will make a bigger impression in Europe. The United way we watched under SAF and now again with OGS whilst attractive has been shown to be limited. Ref. dismal performances against Barcelona and recently PSG.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyCasper View Post
    I suspect Ole Gunnar Solskjær could be looking for a Premier League club come June. He’ll give youth a chance.

(Big fan of Ole Gunnar Solskjær and he’s doing great. I just think United will turn to someone who they think will make a bigger impression in Europe. The United way we watched under SAF and now again with OGS whilst attractive has been shown to be limited. Ref. dismal performances against Barcelona and recently PSG.)

Think there would be absolute hell to pay if they don’t offer him the job permanently.
    Take out the result against PSG - who we admittedly were outclassed by and the turn around of the club has been remarkable. To be fair they would have beaten most if not all of the premiership bigger teams on that performance.
    A decent transfer fund to bring a few more faces in and can see us doing very well.

Craftsman
    Only joking i was taking the p**s :) Hope you find what you're looking for though, always liked the Foxes. A top club and a very attractive proposition for any top flight manager.

This makes interesting reading though, didn't think they would consider NP (again he was with us but to be fair he did much better with you) :

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/s...-nigel-2580718

Blog Entries
    Only joking i was taking the p**s :) Hope you find what you're looking for though, always liked the Foxes. A top club and a very attractive proposition for any top flight manager.

This makes interesting reading though, didn't think they would consider NP (again he was with us but to be fair he did much better with you) :

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/s...-nigel-2580718
    Yes…. I guessed it was a joke….!!! I can’t believe the time I’ve had since he’s left…. Won 3 different divisions and had the time of our lives…. It didn’t feel like it at the time

Big Nige was massively successful with us…. He’s just been sacked at our owners Belgian feeder club OH Leuwen…. So it ain’t gonna happen! Don’t think it should do either…. I don’t want his memory to be blemished

Blog Entries

I’d snap his hand off…. However there would be a mass revolt at OT if he didn’t get it full time…. They’d be mad not to

Craftsman
    Don’t think it should do either…. I don’t want his memory to be blemished
    Good call mate, respect you for that.

Craftsman
    P.s. still think it should be David Wagner!

Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Think there would be absolute hell to pay if they don’t offer him the job permanently.
    Take out the result against PSG - who we admittedly were outclassed by and the turn around of the club has been remarkable. To be fair they would have beaten most if not all of the premiership bigger teams on that performance.
    A decent transfer fund to bring a few more faces in and can see us doing very well.
    Would love him to stay in a key role, he's got the 'soul' which JM didn't.

I still think we need a tactical genius to unpick the best in Europe and I'm not sure we get that. Or a Roy Keane type to bludgeon the way to victory! 2009 and 2011 were painful experiences and lessons.

Master
    Would love him to stay in a key role, he's got the 'soul' which JM didn't.

I still think we need a tactical genius to unpick the best in Europe and I'm not sure we get that. Or a Roy Keane type to bludgeon the way to victory! 2009 and 2011 were painful experiences and lessons.
    Think you’ve nailed part of the problem there, getting someone with the nous who also ‘gets’ United. I had a bet on us getting Blanc and was pretty astonished whem they handed it to Ole. Think the job he’s done to get us back on track is something to behold. A few more players in, a few out and the help of Fergie in the background will hopefully see him installed permanently and get the knowledge he’s possibly still lacking.

Blog Entries
    P.s. still think it should be David Wagner!
    I wouldn’t be gutted if it were him bizarrely…

All roads seem to point to the BROGE…. I’m not sure about him…

I had assumed that the Celtic -> premier league transfer point was higher than Leicester (glorious title notwithstanding)

Edit: having said that, if not Leicester, then where? Ah.

Blog Entries
    So Leicester you have Rodgers pity tonight’s game is not on the box would like to have seen the reaction from the sacking.
    Rodgers has always come across as a decent bloke and of course top dog in Scotland is nowhere near mid table in England

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    I had assumed that the Celtic -> premier league transfer point was higher than Leicester (glorious title notwithstanding)

Edit: having said that, if not Leicester, then where? Ah.
    Only the deluded would say that Leicester was bigger than Celtic…. However times have changed since Martint O’Neill upped sticks and left…. We’re richer, can attract bigger talent and happen to playing in the best league in world football…

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    So Leicester you have Rodgers pity tonight’s game is not on the box would like to have seen the reaction from the sacking.
    Rodgers has always come across as a decent bloke and of course top dog in Scotland is nowhere near mid table in England
    Brighton were a bit unlucky…. Were probably worth a draw…. We scored 2 really nice goals and played nice stuff at times…. Were guilty of being a bit sloppy at times…. We are a very young side and still a work in progress

Ps…. Take a peak at this!

https://streamable.com/l7vya
    Last edited by Wolfie; 27th February 2019 at 00:09.