closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Hybrid View

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

So, it's back .
    Back with a bang, hopefully.
    Looking forward to Wolfie s Leicester returning home from just outside Manchester with 3 points.
    Anyway, your team ? Hopes ? Aspirations? Chances of trophies ?
    Can anyone catch City ?
    Have Looneypool spent enough to catch up? Can Chelsea, with Sarri start to compete again?
    Everton ? Everton have spent big and have signed hundreds of players .
    Can Nited, Spurs, Arse, et al really hope to compete with TBFTTEGTFL.
    Wolves? . Fulham ? Both spent really well and have a great chance to stay up .
    Who will drop ?

Me? If City retain the title, I'd be happy .
    I despise the Champions League and the circus that surrounds it but I'd love us to win it.
    I'd prefer the FA Cup .

Anyway, over to you guys .

And girls , if you're a Nited fan .

Craftsman
    Very quick start but Leicester the better team since the early goal

Master
    United fan here (first time I’d seen the term Nited, though I’ve seen all your other slur names for rival clubs before) and my main concern this year is our main rivals closing the gap on us. It’s a real possibility this year in my view. If I was betting my money would still be on Man City, but Liverpool look good, and have bought well imo.

Master
    First time since PL started I have binned off Sky as it's become a bore fest over last few years. More teams worried about not getting relegated than anything exciting at the top of the league.
    Glad Leicester won a few years back but nothing like that will happen again.

Master
    Good start. Decent performance by the Foxes, and you can consider yourself unlucky to lose when you're beaten by a Luke Shaw goal, even if he is currently this season's leading Premier League goal scorer from open play.

Craftsman
    Good match. Looked like ManU would walk over them at start but back they came. I'll watch Spurs tonight but forget the 3.00PM matches as I need my sleep. I get Optus Sport in Australia so have access to every match of EPL, ECL and Europa. Shame is I'm in the wrong time zone so most of the time I watch the highlights.

Master
    Blog Entries

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

Great start for us, Keita is a proper player. Sturridge looks to be back at his best too.

I also hope we make the CL final.

Apprentice

Cool Brighton Brighton Brighton

Brighton is so cool !

Blog Entries
    See that Claudio Raneri is no longer manager of Fulham and Scotty Parker is the caretaker IMO the job was a poisoned chalice as they are truly bloody awful

Will probably rip my team a new one on Sunday

Craftsman
    Hey Wolfie you missed him by 2 days mate! Only kidding i think Leicester chose well.

Shame really but i was there last night and we were s**t to be honest, but Fulham were all over the place and their defence was a joke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    See that Claudio Raneri is no longer manager of Fulham and Scotty Parker is the caretaker IMO the job was a poisoned chalice as they are truly bloody awful

He wasn’t the issue…. It was having a whole host of defenders that couldn’t defend…. The next manager will also fail

Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    Hey Wolfie you missed him by 2 days mate! Only kidding i think Leicester chose well.

Shame really but i was there last night and we were s**t to be honest, but Fulham were all over the place and their defence was a joke.
    I love uncle Claudio…. We should make him honorary DoF at City…

Blog Entries

So Claudio replaced Jokanovic at Fulham who had been Ranieri's first signing at Chelsea and now has been replaced by Scott Parker who was Ranieri's last signing at Chelsea.....

Looking forward to visiting there again on Sunday. It's been a few years but sadly, I fear it'll be the last visit for a while.

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    So Claudio replaced Jokanovic at Fulham who had been Ranieri's first signing at Chelsea and now has been replaced by Scott Parker who was Ranieri's last signing at Chelsea.....

Looking forward to visiting there again on Sunday. It's been a few years but sadly, I fear it'll be the last visit for a while.
    I think you'll spank them gents, and i don't get any pleasure out of saying that. Just looking at their next four games (and i thought ours were bad) but Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Liverpool (H), Man C (H). Whether it's home or away i doubt ill make much difference though. Ouch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WillHarris2306 View Post
    I think you'll spank them gents, and i don't get any pleasure out of saying that. Just looking at their next four games (and i thought ours were bad) but Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Liverpool (H), Man C (H). Whether it's home or away i doubt ill make much difference though. Ouch.
    I sincerely hope we do Fulham are like QPR were a few years ago getting ideas above their station in regard to West London football but for me the big dilemma is the North London derby i reckon i will go with Arsenal as all the Spurs fans have been driving me mad this season with what they are eventually going to achieve and it’s now going sour

Fair play to City - putting that out for Maitland Niles. City looking very good - Arsenal still a work in progress but City look to be the best team over the first weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fair play to City - putting that out for Maitland Niles. City looking very good - Arsenal still a work in progress but City look to be the best team over the first weekend.
    I’m loathe to say it was routine for City but I always thought we could step it up if needed.
    I don’t think many teams will go to Arsenal and come away with 3 points, they will definitely improve. I loved the kid in midfield .

Usual start by West Ham, thrashed by Liverpool. Although seven new players we can't hope to compete with the big boys. It's like two leagues now in the Prem.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman

Great win for the boys tonight!

Apprentice
    Yaya Toure to Arsenal? He’s old but Jesus Christ we need him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Owl1
    Chelsea for me , Liverpool second place and man city third.

Journeyman

Premier League 2018-2019

Bye bye Newcastle.
    I have supported them since I could stand up.....
    Utterly pointless exercise these days. Wake up on a sunday morning here in NZ and hope I have good reason to watch the football highlights on Be in Sports.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    Liverpool Man City top two Chelsea third
    Newcastle.....relegated.

Liverpool and Chelsea have looked exciting, Spurs incredibly dull.

West Ham is always exciting but in a bad way!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Blog Entries
    Huddersfield are truly terrible…. How anyone could confuse Depoitre with being a PL striker is beyond me (stealing a living)…. They look doomed along with Cardiff

I really can’t make out my lot…. We won at a canter yesterday…. I don’t think we’ve hit our straps yet, but, are nestled in 8th…. Really looking forward to see how we develop…. Nacho man was MOTM yesterday and he had a belting game…. Interesting times ahead

The dippers look good, but, are they better…? It’s between you two this year I think

You can get 33/1 on Yernited

Blog Entries
    Hoping my lot CFC get the three points today against the irons but it’s a funny old game reckon the bottom three will stay just that top of the table is starting to see a real gap opening. Wolves are looking a solid outfit would have loved to have seen them beat Utd yesterday the same for Brighton against the spuds top four ? City, L pool, Chelsea and ?
    Happy if we get top four in truth and was hoping that we get an early exit from this Thursday night nonsense and concentrate on the league and FA cup.
    Last edited by mart broad; 23rd September 2018 at 08:46.

Hoping my lot CFC get the three points today against the irons but it’s a funny old game reckon the bottom three will stay just that top of the table is starting to see a real gap opening. Wolves are looking a solid outfit would have loved to have seen them beat Utd yesterday the same for Brighton against the spuds top four ? City, L pool, Chelsea and ?
    Happy if we get top four in truth and was hoping that we get an early exit from this Thursday night nonsense and concentrate on the league and FA cup.
    Really exciting game yesterday!

Both sides could have won it but I'm just happy we got a point from Chelsea TBH. Might have won it if Arnie had been playing.

At least we are looking better every week (couldn't have been much worse!) as the new team of players bed in.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Liverpool and Chelsea have looked exciting, Spurs incredibly dull.

West Ham is always exciting but in a bad way!
    Spurs incredible dull ? See your a west ham supporter. Explains the comment. You'd love to be as dull as us.

Missed Sunday's game for your lot but sounds as if you did OK? Always seem to get up for the London derbies West ham do. Good result V Chelsea on their current form.

Think Spurs haven't even played well apart from the 2nd half at United but dull, We'll see long way to go yet.

Master
    Man City 1st Cardiff last and rest somewhere inbetween

Quote Originally Posted by thfccambs View Post
    Spurs incredible dull ? See your a west ham supporter. Explains the comment. You'd love to be as dull as us.

Missed Sunday's game for your lot but sounds as if you did OK? Always seem to get up for the London derbies West ham do. Good result V Chelsea on their current form.

Think Spurs haven't even played well apart from the 2nd half at United but dull, We'll see long way to go yet.
    My eldest is Tottenham and he said the games against Watford and Liverpool were a bit dull.

Not a great start but when Kane starts scoring I'll certainly get him in my FF team.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    My eldest is Tottenham and he said the games against Watford and Liverpool were a bit dull.

Not a great start but when Kane starts scoring I'll certainly get him in my FF team.
    ST Holder and must say the game against Watford was very poor mate. The best start we have had to a season in the last 3 years. Believe it or not.

Looking forward to a more competitive season all round then last season anyway.

Craftsman
    Watching Cardiff against Manchester city on match of the day on catch up. I would love to know what watch Jermaine Jenas is wearing... looks very nice. Good to see Mahrez doing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the Thai owner of Leicester City has just been killed in a helicopter crash outside the stadium

Latest is the owner Vichai,the Sporting Director Jon Rudkin and the pilot all tragically lost their lives. RIP and thoughts go to the families
    Last edited by ryanb741; 28th October 2018 at 08:33.

Blog Entries
    Latest is the owner Vichai, The Sporting Director Jon Rudkin and the pilot all tragically lost their lives. RIP and thoughts go to the families
    All speculation at the moment…. Top wasn’t there, some reports that Rudkin wasn’t on board and some suggesting Southgate was or wasn’t on board... Vichai most certainly was

Feels a little odd speculating on names... I know people are dead... whoever was on board had a family/ friends

Totally numb...

Pretty grim that.

Master
    I know it sounds a bit morbid but I just can't settle tonight with all the question marks over this.
    Any chance they all got out before the fire???
    Watched the game in the pub and came home to the news. What a crappy feeling. Prayers to all involved and fingers crossed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I know it sounds a bit morbid but I just can't settle tonight with all the question marks over this.
    Any chance they all got out before the fire???
    Watched the game in the pub and came home to the news. What a crappy feeling. Prayers to all involved and fingers crossed.
    Nobody survived Kev… two crew, the chairman, his wife and daughter….

This is sickening. I watched the first half on the plane back from Vietnam and then fell asleep. Woke up in Dubai to this.

I’ll be back home (Leicester) tomorrow and it’ll be a very sombre mood in the pub for our meet up.

Once again a huge RIP. My family was fortunate enough to be the guest of khun Vichai last year when the Thai government leadership were in London and he was an extremely generous and gracious man. From what I hear he was extremely devoted to the Leicester community and had a significant impact on that city. An absolute tragedy

Awful news.
    Kind of puts the game into perspective.

Outside the King Power stadium today

A couple of friends just told me that the helicopter went down 30 yards away from them. They were helpless to do anything as the heat was so intense.

I'm personally not a footy fan, but it is very refreshing to see so many different club shirts and scarves laid to pay their respects.
    Last edited by Jon Kenney; 28th October 2018 at 15:41.

Craftsman
    Very sad day for football yesterday, a Brighton fan also died at there game.

Shocking news from Leicester FC, RIP

I'd also like to wish Glenn Hoddle a speedy recovery from which looks like a heart attack at the BT Sport studios Saturday.

City vs United was men against boys. Wolves snuck a draw against my Arsenal by retaining the ball, having most of the possession and having the better chances. Bloody promoted sides parking the bus....

Saddened to see that a Tottenham 'fan' was arrested for throwing a banana skin at Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. This is 2018 FFS. Obviously this person is very much in the minority but still sad to see. Brilliant performance from Arsenal- I reckon they will finish 2nd or 3rd as they have the most potent strike force this season with the exception of Man City who will canter to the Premier League title. But the Liverpool strike force isn't gelling this year and I feel Arsenal have replaced them in the sheer potency stakes.

Saddened to see that a Tottenham 'fan' was arrested for throwing a banana skin at Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. This is 2018 FFS. Obviously this person is very much in the minority but still sad to see. Brilliant performance from Arsenal- I reckon they will finish 2nd or 3rd as they have the most potent strike force this season with the exception of Man City who will canter to the Premier League title. But the Liverpool strike force isn't gelling this year and I feel Arsenal have replaced them in the sheer potency stakes.
    I think 3rd or 4th is more realistic especially if we get into the deeper rounds of the europa, I think the team is starting to understand more and more what’s expected of them under Emry interesting that Ozils back spasms have reoccurred.

What I most enjoyed yesterday was Sokratis not letting Kane have a kick without him being inside his shirt, he showcased his full repotore black arts that all good centerbacks should have. Plus if he and holding continue to play well together it may mean Mustafi is 3rd choice.

Great match from Arsenal, was never a pen for their 2nd! If we can keep Pea and lacazete fit we can come 2nd or 3rd and maybe win he Uefa cup. The impressive thing is Emry has the defenders actually defending and we have a much better shape than under Wenger. I feel he needs to buy a few better defenders still but was a great game to watch. Was a little worried when we signed Pea as his reputation was not the best from Germany but he has settled down, seems to have gelled with the team and is lethal up front, would only put Aguero ahead of him in the PL for strikers.

Just goes to show how competitive the PL is. City will console themselves with the fact that the 2 games they lost they should have won. It's not as if they are getting outplayed and if the opponents manage to score 'worldies' in 2 consecutive matches then sometimes there's not a lot you can do about it.

Will be interesting to see how Liverpool cope with being favourites.

My Arsenal are playing okay - 5th place is about right and no shame in that. We are 2 players away (defenders) from being a top 4 side and have a terrific striker again.

Blog Entries
    Just goes to show how competitive the PL is. City will console themselves with the fact that the 2 games they lost they should have won. .
    Firstly there is only one City and they play at the King Power

Secondly (Can’t speak for the Palace game). We had more clear cut chaves and a score line of 3-1 at half time could’ve been entirely conceivable…. We were better than Man City and throroughly deserved our win…. I don’t think even Lee would argue with that one!

EDIT - please don’t quote possession (it’s no longer 9/10ths)
    Last edited by Wolfie; 27th December 2018 at 15:17.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Firstly there is only one City and they play at the King Power

Close but no cigar! 13 in England (English leagues!) if you go down as far as the conference:

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...football_teams