closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

It is good to see so many PL teams still in the latter stages of the European competitions, Champions league 4 in the last 8 and UEFA 2 in the last 8. Still think Barca or Juve would be favourites to win the CL but you never know. Arsenal / Chelsea have a good chance of the UEFA, more so Chelsea, potentially could both competitions could be won by PL clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by BSB View Post
    Were you there, Neil? A good turnout as always for West Ham at the Bridge.
    No, had to stream it.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

And on we go .
    Only caught the 1st half of Liverpool v Chelsea and I thought the Londoners were looking good .
    Spurs next for us . Can’t wait .

Master
    Blog Entries
    Great Liverpool performance.

I fancy City to drop points somewhere in their crazy fixtures coming up

Blog Entries
    CFC were awful today and well deserved to lose LFC we’re not great but we’re first in the races we offered nothing and deservedly got nothing MC were of the boil but got the job done it will be tight.

Master
    Blog Entries

The Premier League 2018-2019 thread.

It’s going down to the last day! Pains me to cheer on United, but needs must.
    Last edited by Middo; 14th April 2019 at 21:04.

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    CFC were awful today and well deserved to lose LFC we’re not great but we’re first in the races we offered nothing and deservedly got nothing MC were of the boil but got the job done it will be tight.
    You have to be impressed by Salah’s goal.
    Last edited by Middo; 15th April 2019 at 07:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    It’s going down to the last day! Pains me to cheer on United, but needs must.
    More concerned about Burnley than that lot.

Master
    Blog Entries

You could be right, they kicked lumps out of us.

Still city are in the driving seat and theirs to loose. Either way great season from the top two
    Last edited by Middo; 15th April 2019 at 07:58.

Blog Entries
    Squeaky bum time…

City will win all 5 of their matches so they will be champs. And IMHO they are a better team than liverpool so it's about right.

Fancy Liverpool to win all 4 of their remaining matches too (away at Bewcastle wont be as easy as people say but the magpies are safe from relegation now so they may ease off and Benitez is ex Liverpool so you never know).

Fancy Arsenal for 3rd, Spurs 4th

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

City have a stronger squad and world class creative midfielders, which is what Liverpool are lacking. However, Liverpool have done really well to chase City all the way considering they were so far behind them last season.

I was having a discussion with a colleague at work and put it to him that a combined Liverpool/City 11 would beat a similar set up in any other country, including a Barca/Madrid combination.

Blog Entries
    Christmas came early for the Gunners last night and on that basis i see them fourth after the Spuds MU in fifth and us in sixth which i think is no more than we deserve. Hazard will go and hopefully with some treaks and a few recalls a new younger look next season oh and a new manager would also help.

That was some painful viewing last night for sure!! Emery needs to start playing lacazette and pea together!! I don't see why he struggles so much with this idea.

We got the 3 points which is the main thing, hopefully City can beat spurs and Man U in the next few weeks and that will potentially give us an advantage, we still have Wolves and Leicester away, apart from those 2 matches cant see us dropping many points, its going to be a close run in

Not sure why the media were lambasting Arsenal. Apart from one long range shot that hit the bar Watford didnt have a sniff and meanwhile Arsenal spurned a host of chances. I didn't expect an Arsenal win at Watford so that's definitely a huge boost for the Gunners. They have 3 away games, Wolves, Leicester and Burnley plus 2 easy home games. Assuming they win the 2 home games and away at Burnley than they probably still need one more win out of Wolves and Leicester which won't be easy

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Squeaky bum time…
    Tell me about it, just praying for a City slip up but hard to see. Would be nice for them to return the 2014 favour though :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Christmas came early for the Gunners last night and on that basis i see them fourth after the Spuds MU in fifth and us in sixth which i think is no more than we deserve. Hazard will go and hopefully with some treaks and a few recalls a new younger look next season oh and a new manager would also help.
    Chelsea got their Christmas against Cardiff a couple of weeks ago
    Sometimes you get this luck every now and again, Liverpool with J.Pickford, Man U v Watford/West Ham, Fulham v Tottenham, I can't think of a Man City PL game only the FA Cup game against Swansea.

Man Utd were dreadful last night against a very workmanlike Barcelona. 6th Place for them I reckon.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by classics View Post
    Chelsea got their Christmas against Cardiff a couple of weeks ago
    Sometimes you get this luck every now and again, Liverpool with J.Pickford, Man U v Watford/West Ham, Fulham v Tottenham, I can't think of a Man City PL game only the FA Cup game against Swansea.
    City v Liverpool. That ball was so close to being over the line.

Not taking anything away from city though, they too have been brilliant this season.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I know its not prem but that city spurs game was nuts tonight. what an advert for English teams in the champs league.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite1275 View Post
    I know its not prem but that city spurs game was nuts tonight. what an advert for English teams in the champs league.
    Great game for the neutral. End to end and some great football. Maybe not so good defending at times, but fantastic forward play.

And it has to be said, VAR has got the big calls 100% right and with minimal disruption to the game. I didn’t see the Aguero off side in real time, I must admit.

Blog Entries
    Epic…. Pure entertainment

VAR won the day (both good reviews)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Epic…. Pure entertainment

VAR won the day (both good reviews)
    Can only agree superb

Very good match, VAR got it right, it did brush his arm but still a goal. The offside would have been given without VAR. Pressure for pep they have to win the PL now, but not getting to the CL final again with the money spent can’t sit well with the board

City fan myself so obviously gutted but what an unbelievable game. I saw the replay of Sterling’s goal and though Aguero was offside. Just proves how hard it is to win CL. Well done Spurs

Master
    Blog Entries
    Noticed the offside but thought it was not going to be checked! Celebrations seemed to go on for ages!

What drama - only thing missing was a penalty!!

Quote Originally Posted by kultschar View Post
    Noticed the offside but thought it was not going to be checked! Celebrations seemed to go on for ages!

What drama - only thing missing was a penalty!!
    Well Aguero missed that first leg one, seems ages ago....

I'm rather fancying Liverpool for the CL - they look supreme in just coasting through games at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Well Aguero missed that first leg one, seems ages ago....

I'm rather fancying Liverpool for the CL - they look supreme in just coasting through games at the moment.
    Good chance to be an all English final, BUT even though Barca don't look great at the back, which if Liverpool really get at them they could score a few Barca still have Messi.

Ajax are looking pretty strong as well, Son is suspended for the next match and they wont have Kane either so Spurs may struggle.

Is Kane out for the rest of the season or is there a chance he may come back?

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Is Kane out for the rest of the season or is there a chance he may come back?

Out for the season. Oh, and...

COYS!!!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Brilliant from City and Spurs last night, fantastic performance that they should both be proud of. Hope the Barca Liverpool game hold's up to expectations too.

Big question with this dent the confidence of City for the run in?

Brilliant from City and Spurs last night, fantastic performance that they should both be proud of. Hope the Barca Liverpool game hold's up to expectations too.

I expect that, when we meet them again on Saturday, we'll find that the answer to that question is a big, fat NO!!!

City couldn’t have done any more last night. We lost the tie last Tuesday by getting tactics and team selection wrong. Pep rarely gets things wrong but I’m guessing he didn’t want a hiding the same as Anfield last year.

Spurs could struggle against Ajax especially first leg with Son and Kane being out. But I’m certain all 4 games in the semis will be quality games and well worth the watch. Even though I’m not a fan of either of the English teams I’m hoping for an all English final!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I expect that, when we meet them again on Saturday, we'll find that the answer to that question is a big, fat NO!!!
    I think they will make a statement too, plus they have the squad to but out a fresher side.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    City couldn’t have done any more last night. We lost the tie last Tuesday by getting tactics and team selection wrong. Pep rarely gets things wrong but I’m guessing he didn’t want a hiding the same as Anfield last year.
    agreed 100% - was at WHL last week and the selection of Mahrez and David Silva instead of KDB and Sane was disappointing. Pep normally follows his philosophy but that first half at Anfield last year has clearly scarred him

was there last night and I can't remember a game in 40 years of following City with such drama and excitement. Terrible to lose after such outstanding performances from KDB, Bernardo and Sterling & stunning Sergio goal ..... but what a treat for the neutral.

I know how I feel and can't imagine what the players feel mentally and physically - so we await Saturday with equal amounts of hope and trepidation

Astonishing how sport seems to be able to create new levels of drama

Craftsman

Hoping it has a big huge gapping dent :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Hoping it has a big huge gapping dent :)
    Me too. Thing is spurs and United really need the points for them champ league places so the games should be equally as intense as last night.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Me too. Thing is spurs and United really need the points for them champ league places so the games should be equally as intense as last night.
    Indeed. Hoping City are mentally shot

I can see city smashing spurs this weekend just to prove a point, and hopefully they do as an Arsenal fan

Craftsman
    Agreed, so for that reason I hope they play out of their skins, I would never secretly want any favours from man u, would gladly beg spurs though :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    agreed 100% - was at WHL last week and the selection of Mahrez and David Silva instead of KDB and Sane was disappointing. Pep normally follows his philosophy but that first half at Anfield last year has clearly scarred him

was there last night and I can't remember a game in 40 years of following City with such drama and excitement. Terrible to lose after such outstanding performances from KDB, Bernardo and Sterling & stunning Sergio goal ..... but what a treat for the neutral.

I know how I feel and can't imagine what the players feel mentally and physically - so we await Saturday with equal amounts of hope and trepidation

Astonishing how sport seems to be able to create new levels of drama
    IMO the tie was lost in the 1st leg, a gift of a penalty (Rose Handball) and Aguero missing/Loris save, no away goal added more pressure on City in the 2nd leg.
    Tottenham hated VAR in the 1st leg and loved it by the end of the 2nd leg.

Craftsman
    City v Spurs on Wednesday was the most traumatic game I have ever watched. Friends and colleagues were saying "you must be ecstatic" but I just felt shattered (admittedly with a smile on my lips) 3 CL games to go if Spurs can keep it up.

Trippier was woeful, Sterling was sublime
    Laporte was woeful, Son was sublime
    De Bruyne was exceptional

Next leg against Ajax will be tricky without Son, Kane or Sissoko.

Well done to Arsenal and Chelsea too. Napoli was the banana skin, but Arsenal eased passed them too to my surprise.

Two all English European finals are possible which will be incredible.

Master
    Blog Entries

I know, it’s brilliant from the prem teams. That adds to the pressure for the top spots, as it may be a race for the top 3
    Last edited by Middo; 19th April 2019 at 10:48.

Huge win for City today. Not their greatest performance and sadly looks like that’s the end of De Bruyne’s season but there was clearly a lot of tension still left over from Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Huge win for City today. Not their greatest performance and sadly looks like that’s the end of De Bruyne’s season but there was clearly a lot of tension still left over from Wednesday.
    Nice touch by the Tottenham fans cheering DeBruynes injury. Classy as ever.
    Good effort from Oliver to keep the game alive . Must still be getting instructions from PGMOL.

I thought City looked out on their feet on a few occasions. We did enough to win and it should’ve been more comfortable. A few decisions in the opposition box were the wrong ones.
    Glad to see the back of Moura and Son , who are very very good. I think Sir Harry of Kane could well be let go this summer so Spurs can go on a spending spree.

I thought City were lucky to get away with a win today, and the Walker penalty claim was as nailed on as a penalty claim could be. With what's looking like a threadbare squad right now I thought it was a superb performance from the boys.

Now we have to win our remaining matches.

Arsenal to finish 3rd I reckon. Amazing to think the Gunners are the best team in London after all

Arsenal to finish 3rd I reckon. Amazing to think the Gunners are the best team in London after all

I'll be quoting you shortly, Ryan

Agreed
    Better than Spurs , Chelsea , West Ham and Manchester United 😂