closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Smart" Jeans

Craftsman
    APC for me too. New standard, petit standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    Nice fit but not the best quality. They get the lived in look in no time at all but I found that they start to wear through quite quickly. Also the front pocket lining didn't last long.

Just ordered a pair of Nudies based on the opinions on this thread. Never heard of them before, so am keen to try them.

Master
    Not sure if anyone mentioned them but I really rate Meyer trousers including the jeans. You'd struggle to pay less the £100 but £120 ish is likely

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app

I always buy diesel jeans but you may have to stretch your budget abit as the average pair costs around £140.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Hiut organic, nothing else.

Just a tad over budget

Pitch

Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    I wear Levis all the time but I see these fly guys wearing slick looking jeans and mine just look like beater jeans in comparison (even when new).

I don't want anything too youth/fashion, but was wondering if there's something out there that's a bit more upmarket in denim?

I'd like to stay below a budget of £100 - I'm in Huddersfield, not Milan.

Unbranded.

http://www.liquorstoreclothing.com/t...nded-brand-m48

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Petewon View Post
    I have APC’s and they are smart indeed. The material however is not soft enough for me. Prefer Zegna.

Apprentice
    Another vote for A.P.C.… their prices have gone nuts in the last few years, but they fit and wear incredibly well.

It’s a bit like watches, there’s fashion brands charging a lot for the ‘name’ but with very little real value (diesel, replay, superdry etc and to a certain extent the major players like Lee, Levi’s etc except their heritage type selvage lines) and then the artisans where the quality of denim and construction is paramount.

Turn a pair of fashion branded jeans inside out and have a look at how they are made. Do the same to a pair of selvage Albam, Tellerson, Hiut, Blackhorse lane etc and the difference is like night and day.

https://www.permanentstyle.com/2018/...ial-jeans.html
    Last edited by MrSmith; 15th August 2018 at 00:22.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Nudie
    Bang on.

Master
    Where’s the best place to buy or try on a pair of Nudie?

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by 7184c View Post
    For value for money you can’t beat Uniqlo. I use these for work.
    Uniqlo are excellent... selvedge, great fit and £35 trouble is, they rarely have the size I want 😶

Agreed: Uniqlo denim is really decent - best of the High St bunch by an absolute mile and produced at a decent factory.

Personally I go for Tellason and Edwin just for the fit and finish, never got on with Nudie for some reason - couldn't find a slim, straight fit that worked for me.

Duck n Cover
    Or
    Cheap n Cheerful F&F

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Stones. I think they're German, I'm not so sure about it. I had them in sales...really comfy and I'd say smart. Dark denim is timeless.

Master
    Another Uniqlo supporter but the only downside is they haven't had any Rae selvedge jeans for well over a year now.

In their failure to restock I've picked up a pair of gap selvedge and I'm very happy with them. Quality is similar to Uniqlo but the fit is better for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Have a look at gustin.

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    Another Uniqlo supporter but the only downside is they haven't had any Rae selvedge jeans for well over a year now.

In their failure to restock I've picked up a pair of gap selvedge and I'm very happy with them. Quality is similar to Uniqlo but the fit is better for me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Agree with this. Gap's Cone denim is great valve when in the sales but they do stretch quite a bit so definitely size down

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Claret67 View Post
    Where’s the best place to buy or try on a pair of Nudie?

TIA.
    They have a couple of shops in London, also places like Selfridges stock a good range. The shops are where you can return your jeans for free repair.

Quite taken with Blackhorse, think I'm going to have to pop in!

"Smart Jeans

More like ''remarkable'' marketing.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    More like ''remarkable'' marketing.
    Some of the jeans mentioned in this thread are in the £25 price bracket so really good value.

Craftsman
    I'm going to be getting a new pair of jeans after a few years break from them.

Have had plenty mentioned here and others, nudie, levi vintage, evivu, samuri, sugar cane etc but my favorite all time pair were APC NS.

Like the look of Hiut from those mentioned. Anyone had both the selvedge and organic? Is the quality difference worth the extra? Also if you'd had APC in the past and can say the difference in quality/fit from those would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitch3110 View Post
    Hiut organic, nothing else.

Just a tad over budget

Pitch
    What the man said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to buy Reply jeans (in the sales) for around £80-£90, if you go to the outlet on a good day they can be down to £40 which is a absolute bargain. Nice quality Denim, good styling and last forever. G Star also make some nice jeans.

Never tried Nudie will have to look into them

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by anton863 View Post
    I'm going to be getting a new pair of jeans after a few years break from them.

Have had plenty mentioned here and others, nudie, levi vintage, evivu, samuri, sugar cane etc but my favorite all time pair were APC NS.

Like the look of Hiut from those mentioned. Anyone had both the selvedge and organic? Is the quality difference worth the extra? Also if you'd had APC in the past and can say the difference in quality/fit from those would be ideal.
    I picked up some sugar cane’s in Japan. Great jeans

Quote Originally Posted by Parabola View Post
    Not sure if anyone mentioned them but I really rate Meyer trousers including the jeans. You'd struggle to pay less the £100 but £120 ish is likely

Sent from my SM-G903F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Meyer are quality. German made. I have a pair of their jeans. The stitching and material is top quality.
    Might try these Nudie jeans next. The Uniqlo selvedge are good for £35 but tend to be out of stock for long periods.

Craftsman
    Ended up bumbling around shoreditch today after a haircut so went to the APC store. Annoyingly I just couldn't get any that fit perfectly.

The 32inch Petit Standard was great in the leg but 2 inches too big at the waist, the 30 inch version I could barely get on.

Even the 30 inch New Standard felt too tight with a high rise but any bigger waist were hanging off me.

I wandered down to the Edwin store where a pair of ED-71 felt ideal, have just ordered some of those.

Glad I didn't just go with an APC order online!

Anyone got any recommendations for jeans for those with bigger thighs? Only ones I get on with are Diesel but as people have said, not as good as they used to be. I used to do a lot of sports like football, rugby etc. And the thighs and backside do not suit slim fit jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by langdalematt View Post
    Anyone got any recommendations for jeans for those with bigger thighs? Only ones I get on with are Diesel but as people have said, not as good as they used to be. I used to do a lot of sports like football, rugby etc. And the thighs and backside do not suit slim fit jeans.
    I've got big legs, no arse and a relatively small waist.

I buy Nudie grim tim

Quote Originally Posted by anton863 View Post
    Ended up bumbling around shoreditch today after a haircut so went to the APC store. Annoyingly I just couldn't get any that fit perfectly.

The 32inch Petit Standard was great in the leg but 2 inches too big at the waist, the 30 inch version I could barely get on.

Even the 30 inch New Standard felt too tight with a high rise but any bigger waist were hanging off me.

I wandered down to the Edwin store where a pair of ED-71 felt ideal, have just ordered some of those.

Glad I didn't just go with an APC order online!
    Funnily enough I found myself in Covent Garden after a meeting so also popped in to the APC store.

I asked for all three styles and tried the Petit Standard first. I knew straight away they were the one - spot on in the leg, hem width and the rise but, like you, the 32 was too roomy at the waist.

I’d read that APC raw denim can give up to two sizes so I tried the 31 and that was the sale done. They were tight but even after just wearing them tonight I can feel them easing up. I could have trekked all over trying different shops but I think I’ve found my new favourite jeans.

I did try on the Petit New Standard but they felt all wrong on the leg and the taper was ridiculous - like wearing bicycle clips. I didn’t bother with New Standard.

ED-71 are a great jean but mine are coming to the end now with the dreaded crotch blow out starting, hence the search for another pair of raw.

If you were bumbling round shoreditch you could have had a look in the Blackhorse lane shop, it’s just across the road from the well known gentleman’s establishment Browns.
    They had a sample sale on a couple of weeks ago so might have had some bargains (at the jean shop not titty bar)

Nudie also do free repairs for life
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by seikopath View Post
    Nudie also do free repairs for life
    How does that work in reality? I’m always ripping a few inches below the back left pocket on any nice jeans - just wondering how they would effect a repair.
    It's just a matter of time...

You send them back and they repair them. That is what Hiut do.

Quote Originally Posted by 7184c View Post
    For value for money you can’t beat Uniqlo.
    They are excellent jeans. Just bought a pair of their selvedge for £24.90, great denim and a perfect fit.

Master
    7 For all mankind.....lush

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    They are excellent jeans. Just bought a pair of their selvedge for £24.90, great denim and a perfect fit.
    Bang for buck nothing better at this price point
    RIAC

I used to pay 12/6d for a pair of ice-blue Lee Cooper with 4" turnups :-)

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Another fan of Nudie here, Grim Tim or Lean Dean. Used to always buy Levis, but recently cannot find a good fit (must be me). In the past I bought a pair of Iron Heart which were amazing quality but too heavy (stood up by themselves almost).

I really fancy some Hiut jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by proby24 View Post
    Edwin for me.

Agreed or True Religion.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche