closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: How to check if a temp speed limit has been forgotten

How to check if a temp speed limit has been forgotten

Hi, there is a section of raid on the A11 near Newmarket that's had a 40 limit on it for as long as I can remember and no work has gone on. The central barrier all looks good so I am wondering if it's possible that someone has just forgotten about it. I know it seems unlikely but I'm thinking it's been like this for well over a year and although it's very unlikely I thought I would ask.

I've looked on the highways agency site but there doesn't seem to be anything. I can make a general enquiry or a complaint but not sure either of those is the right thing to do.

Has anyone asked this before or knows a way to check if it's a known work site?

Thanks, Rob.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Master
    If it’s been there for as long as you can remember and no road work has gone on, maybe they have simply reduced the speed on that section of road.

Id agree but the signs are on temp a frame style stands with sandbags to keep them in place.

Here in Bristol the M32 motorway into the city is now a 40 mph limit due to a weak central reservation barrier. It has been like this for a year - no works going on in that time. I suspect they haven't got the funds to do the work so it's just cheaper to lower the speed limit.

Id think it was something like a weak central barrier if the section a few miles down didn't have the exact same barrier.

I suppose they could look the same but still have a fault though.

I'm not sure how up-to-date or accurate it is, but roadworks.org gives you a searchable interactive map with all kinds of works, lane closures, temporary speed limits, temporary signals etc. shown on it, and lets you drill into each item for information on what the work or disruption is, who's responsible for it, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by DMC102 View Post
    I'm not sure how up-to-date or accurate it is, but roadworks.org gives you a searchable interactive map with all kinds of works, lane closures, temporary speed limits, temporary signals etc. shown on it, and lets you drill into each item for information on what the work or disruption is, who's responsible for it, and so on.
    Thats a handy site -thanks.

Nothing showing for the bit of the road I am thinking off.

I'm going to just email an enquiry in and see what happens. Worst case is they confirm its 40 and I will become the one driver that sticks to the limit ;)

Thanks, Rob.