closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hikvision Camera Reset

Master

Hikvision Camera Reset

Hi,
    I know there a few on here using Hikvision CCTV cameras; does anyone know how to reset one that has lost it's IP address? The camera is IP with POE so is on my LAN not the NVR. I am on a Mac so can't run the SADP software and as it has a slot CD-Drive so can't use their tiny CD. Have connected a borrowed PC (again no CD) and tried the SADP from that but it sees nothing.

Tried the IVMS-4200 software and it doesn't see any devices however using the XIQMS software on the MAC I can see the camera and that the IP is 0.0.0.0 but from this software you can't change any device settings. Strange that IVMS doesn't see it but XIQMS does.

I did hard set the IP when I bought it by connecting it directly to the MAC and browsing to it but as the address is gone I can't do this either.

There is no reset on the camera to press ( that I can see anyway). Am at a complete loss with it TBH - any advice excepting "bin it" would be great.

Cheers

Can't you force the camera to reboot by powering it down and then plugging it back in?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Can't you force the camera to reboot by powering it down and then plugging it back in?

Eddie
    Yes - every time it reboots it just comes back with no IP address though. Tried everything and now been onto Amazon who are going to refund me when they receive it back.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieb View Post
    Hi,
    I know there a few on here using Hikvision CCTV cameras; ...

There is no reset on the camera to press ( that I can see anyway). Am at a complete loss with it TBH - any advice excepting "bin it" would be great.

Cheers
    What model # is the camera?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jcm3 View Post
    What model # is the camera?
    Sorry - just seen this. Camera is a DS-2CD2042WD-I WDR 4 mm IR Outdoor Mini Bullet

Tried everything and no joy.

Craftsman
    Reset button is on the back of the camera body for that model.

Craftsman
    Try downloading hik connect. You can add cameras to a system via the QR code that's on each camera. It does mean getting up to it to scan it though.