closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: A few days in CH

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.

A few days in CH

After interviewing Edmond Capt, I decided to visit a couple of old watch haunts in Switzerland.
    First place was the Museum of Neuchâtel, which has the stunning Jacques Droz automata:

The boy can write sentences and the girl plays piano compositions by Jacques Droz.
    There are also some beautiful paintings there:

I crossed the border into France to visit a little known watch museum which apart from a very interesting collection of watches has a selection of tools for making cylinder escapements, the escapements used by most Swiss manufacturers until the Americans taught them how to mass produce watches.
    The museum:

Watches :

I later went to Geneva market and wish I had bought this box of case openers:

But my suitcase was full anyway. I need to drive back by van !

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Fantastic Brendan, your passion for what you do is infectious!

Banned
    Torquay, Devon. Great place to work and relax. Love flying and lots of great sea walks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    Fantastic Brendan, your passion for what you do is infectious!
    Thanks Mondie,
    I was originally destined to become an airline pilot but a family tragedy turned me towards watchmaking. I'm so glad that my Aunt found me the apprenticeship.
    I do take your point. The more people interested in the story of watches, the happier I am.

Last edited by Webwatchmaker; 11th August 2018 at 13:25.

Banned
    All led up to a couple of days in Annecy with the missus:

That French watch museum looks a most worthwhile visit, whereabouts is it please?

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    That French watch museum looks a most worthwhile visit, whereabouts is it please?

R
    Cross the border east of La Chaux de Fonds and turn right along the lake road. It's about 5 miles along that road.
    I can't remember the name of the town but I've got the admission ticket somewhere.
    The place was deserted as it turned out to be Bastille day.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Webwatchmaker View Post
    Cross the border east of La Chaux de Fonds and turn right along the lake road. It's about 5 miles along that road.
    I can't remember the name of the town but I've got the admission ticket somewhere.
    The place was deserted as it turned out to be Bastille day.

It's in Morteau.