closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Is there any difference between Speedy Tuesday movement and Speedmaster Pro?

Is there any difference between Speedy Tuesday movement and Speedmaster Pro?

I have a relatively new Speedmaster Pro, purchased from an a Omega dealer, and a Speedy Tuesday, purchased from a forum member.

They both feel different to manually wind and to set the time. The Tuesday feels light and flimsy whereas the Speedmaster Pro feels more robust and clicks over, when winding, with a more quality feel.

So, is there any difference between Speedy Tuesday movement and Speedmaster Pro?

I can’t think there would be, but would like to ask the experts if they know of any difference?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts.
    Last edited by djkennedy67; 11th August 2018 at 21:04.

Journeyman
    They are almost certainly both using the 1861 movement - the Speedy movement hasn’t changed in a long time.

I wonder if your Tuesday is just more worn than the Pro?

Master
    I don’t have any experience of the standard Speedmaster Pro but I have a Speedy Tuesday and a 60th Anniversary Speedmaster. Both have the same 1861 movement but feel different when winding and when setting the time.

For example I find it very easy to hold the second hand or even move it backwards to be able to set the time accurately on the 60th Ann even when fully wound. On the ST I can only achieve this when it is just slightly wound. No chance if it has a decent amount of power left in it.

Winding the crown is very different too ... I find the feel and sound of ST crown more satisfying than 60th Anniversary.

They are both very accurate but my ST is on a different level. I wore it for 5 days straight and it gained a total of 2 seconds in that time. This is far better than my superlative chronometers even though the 1861 movement is not even COSC certified. My 60th Anniversary gains 2 seconds every day which is still great as the tolerance is -1/+11 I think.

Blog Entries
    Same movement. I have the ST and agree impossible to use back pressure to set seconds unless at very low power. The winding is buttery smooth and much prefer to the regular pro in my limited experience. I had a sapphire sandwich before now.

Martyn.

Is your Speedy on a bracelet, and ST on a strap?
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    I’ve a Silver Snoopy and an ST1. I’ve also had a FOIS. I can’t say that I’ve noticed any big differences in the way the way the any of them wind. They’ve all felt buttery smooth and have kept really good time.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have a 1996 Pro, 2015 TinTin, ST1 and a vintage MKii, all essentially the same movement, all feel slightly different to wind.

Maybe it's just the variation in individual watches.

Has anyone who has 2 of the same (Speedmaster) watch noticed they aren't equally buttery?

Both mine feel the same, but the ST feels like a hollow toy watch in comparison to my Speedy on a bracelet - it feels completely normal when I put it on the bracelet though.

Winding is the same for me.
    It's just a matter of time...

Thanks for all the contributions guys. I'm glad it's not just me that has noticed a difference when winding and setting.

Maybe the ST will settle down with use and feel a bit more buttery with age.

Love it so far and it looks great on a snoopy strap with new shape Omega deployant!