closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 96 of 352 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,800 of 17581

Thread: More bike related stuff

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluetinfloor View Post
    Over the last few months I sold loads of Rolex accessories I had accumulated over the years, the plan was firstly to have a long overdue clear out but also to hopefully fund a new track bike. Well, mission accomplished and a 2013 blade got delivered today, it comes with V5 and will get a day time MOT in due course. Very pleased with how it all came together, wont be out and about or on track any time soon but I think it will be a good one.

- - - Updated - - -
    That looks too nice to be a track bike.

Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Tell me, does anyone wear a watch while they’re riding ? I personally don’t, I’ve always thought if it all went wrong for whatever reason you could smash it to bits. I have a mate though who always wears his Submariner 116610LB, it never leaves his wrist
    Never - I ride sports bikes & it's very uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Nice work - BUT are you going to spend £10 on a new number plate?
    Those holes would drive me nuts.
    :-)
    Agreed X 2

Over the last few months I sold loads of Rolex accessories I had accumulated over the years, the plan was firstly to have a long overdue clear out but also to hopefully fund a new track bike. Well, mission accomplished and a 2013 blade got delivered today, it comes with V5 and will get a day time MOT in due course. Very pleased with how it all came together, wont be out and about or on track any time soon but I think it will be a good one.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    That looks too nice to be a track bike.
    The Blade looks great - I agree - VERY tidy for a track bike.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    I actually like the stock set up... it seems to fit the bikes persona.
    I’m with you.
    I like the standard set up on the Diavel.

Think we first saw that rear plate setup on the Bimota Mantra many years ago. Maybe not exactly as I remember it now I found a photo.

Last edited by Metalic Mud; 10th April 2020 at 10:30.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post

The Blade looks great - I agree - VERY tidy for a track bike.
    its just been built and painted so at its very best at the moment ! Paint job is based on a Honda TT Legends/VFR750R mix, the guy that did it used to do race paint for BSB and TT teams and knows his stuff

Had a great ride on the R12 this morning. I'm not entirely sure that the 8ft trip was enough to fully evaluate the new Puig touring screen, but so far it seems to be doing a good job of keeping the worst of the wind blast off

Last edited by Gyp; 10th April 2020 at 13:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Had a great ride on the R12 this morning. I'm not entirely sure that the 8ft trip was enough to fully evaluate the new Puig touring screen, but so far it seems to be doing a good job of keeping the worst of the wind blast off
    With the bike set up like that it looks like you're missing the K1600 you nearly bought pre-lockdown.

Blog Entries
    Nice looking bike but I'd need a stepladder to reach into that top box!!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    With the bike set up like that it looks like you're missing the K1600 you nearly bought pre-lockdown.
    Probably unsurprisingly, I realise now how wise the decision not to buy that was, even though the price was definitely appealing!

My bikes do need to be practical and comfortable though

As it is, my R1200R has more luggage capacity at 125 litres than the K1600GT's relatively miserable 70 litres though adding the £1,300 (!) top box from the K1600LT would bring that up to a similar 120 litres. My R80RT holds the luggage crown with about 600 litres, though most of that is in the trailer.

Even my Triumph Street Scrambler has 112 litres of luggage, even though Triumph will only supply a single 25-litre pannier.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Nice looking bike but I'd need a stepladder to reach into that top box!!
    It's not that bad - it's accentuated in the photo by the accessory low seat

I just went and stood next to it and open the top is well below nipple height.

Craftsman
    Probably unsurprisingly, I realise now how wise the decision not to buy that was, even though the price was definitely appealing!

My bikes do need to be practical and comfortable though

As it is, my R1200R has more luggage capacity at 125 litres than the K1600GT's relatively miserable 70 litres though adding the £1,300 (!) top box from the K1600LT would bring that up to a similar 120 litres. My R80RT holds the luggage crown with about 600 litres, though most of that is in the trailer.

Even my Triumph Street Scrambler has 112 litres of luggage, even though Triumph will only supply a single 25-litre pannier.
    Would never pay £1300 for that topbox.
    You can get hold of a K1200/1300 or R1200 BMW topbox for around £300 used. It may not match. But it’s not usually on the bike all the time.

I have had at least 3. All purchased either from a bike forum or eBay.
    Just need a bit of patients and luck.

Master
    Watches whilst riding (Iceland) Emergency 2 and close to using on two occasions !

Would never pay £1300 for that topbox.
    You can get hold of a K1200/1300 or R1200 BMW topbox for around £300 used. It may not match. But it’s not usually on the bike all the time.
    Oh, completely agree, however Mrs Gyp rather liked the idea of the huge 50 litre top case that turned the pillion seat into an arm chair rather than the smaller, practical, sensible top case.

Despite having lots and lots of luggage over the years, I think the only stuff I've bought new were a tiny Givi Monolock top box for my Melody Mini, and the full BMW luggage set for my F650 Funduro as it was a) on offer and b) before we were buying and selling things on the internet

Master
    My first job after leaving school was as an apprentice upholsterer. Back then I liked working with my hands and seeing broken worn out furniture etc, given a new lease of life. A couple of years in I realised I’d never earn enough money to do the things I wanted, and so went back to college and studied industrial electronics, which lead to a well paid job in a factory... and life went on.

I suspect this won’t be to every bodies taste and liking (the wife hates it) but I like it. Rear seat recovered in Alcantara..

Craftsman
    It might have worked in grey.
    But you wife is right to hate it.

Pink seat has spoilt the look. IMHO.

Master
    It might have worked in grey.
    But you wife is right to hate it.

Pink seat has spoilt the look. IMHO.
    Being colour blind hasn’t helped your opinion.....it’s brown.

Craftsman
    Let’s call it salmon.
    Riders Seat is brown.

Master
    Let’s call it salmon.
    Riders Seat is brown.
    I left the original cover underneath, so can always go back if I like... but I’d prefer people to hate on it a bit first😈😈

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I left the original cover underneath, so can always go back if I like... but I’d prefer people to hate on it a bit first
    Perhaps do a poll.
    Nothing much else happening today.

I have about 8 spare bike seats in my garage.
    Perhaps I can recover one and stick it on my bike.
    Then you can take the Mick.

Got a brown and black Honda Crosstourer leather seat that I have no idea why traded a very nice set of mirrors for.

Master
    I admire the workmanship. But (as usual, I suspect), your wife is right.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    I admire the workmanship. But (as usual, I suspect), your wife is right.
    She’s NEVER wrong❤️❤️

I left the original cover underneath, so can always go back if I like... but I’d prefer people to hate on it a bit first
    I don't think that'll be a problem, Andy

I’m with you.
    I like the standard set up on the Diavel.

Think we first saw that rear plate setup on the Bimota Mantra many years ago. Maybe not exactly as I remember it now I found a photo.

You can’t beat a two into four exhaust!

Master
    its just been built and painted so at its very best at the moment ! Paint job is based on a Honda TT Legends/VFR750R mix, the guy that did it used to do race paint for BSB and TT teams and knows his stuff
    Im ecstatic to think my bracelet link purchase leveraged the acquisition of that stunning bike! It looks far to good to do trackdays.

Steve

back end looks way better without the oar enoch ..... not so sure about the new seat colour though , you need to remember the wife is always right :)

Back at the gymkhana...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCz_ke_PS38

Nice to see them getting it wrong occasionally, though I reckon a lot of the problem is the enormous crash bars

Just got done cleaning the S1000rr to within an inch of its life including coating the wheels with some very expensive GTECHNIQ C5 Wheel Armour which (should) make cleaning chain lube off much easier for the next 2 years if it lives up to to the marketing claims.

Just wish I could take it for a blast.
    Last edited by andy tims; 11th April 2020 at 20:11.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

You missed a bit, Andy

My first job after leaving school was as an apprentice upholsterer. Back then I liked working with my hands and seeing broken worn out furniture etc, given a new lease of life. A couple of years in I realised I’d never earn enough money to do the things I wanted, and so went back to college and studied industrial electronics, which lead to a well paid job in a factory... and life went on.

I suspect this won’t be to every bodies taste and liking (the wife hates it) but I like it. Rear seat recovered in Alcantara..

I like it. Bold and different

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Im ecstatic to think my bracelet link purchase leveraged the acquisition of that stunning bike! It looks far to good to do trackdays.

Steve
    Hi Steve, that link sale did make all the difference, thanks !

I am pretty relaxed about the inevitable at some point, been there before, but imagine if people wore many thousands of pounds of value on their wrist, now that would be loopy!

I replaced the left side cam cover on my R9T.

Had the replacement sat in the garage for ages as there was a scuff on the cover on the bike. Funny what you can be bothered to do when you’re bored!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    I knew that eventually there’d be someone with a matching great sense of style👍👍

Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    How's your WTB for a Braille watch coming along?

Master
    How's your WTB for a Braille watch coming along?
    I’m a leader not a follower... you just wait, all new bikes in the future will feature this STYLE🤪😈

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    I replaced the left side cam cover on my R9T.

Had the replacement sat in the garage for ages as there was a scuff on the cover on the bike. Funny what you can be bothered to do when you’re bored!
    I know what you mean - the broken luggage rack has now been replaced on my bike. Rivnut installed with improvised tool whereas previously I had used a nut underneath with a long bolt. Hopefully a clean tomorrow it could certainly use one !

Classic bike advice please?

My bike was first registered in 1977, so being over 40 years old is MOT and VED exempt.

The bike V5 already shows the tax class as historic, and I was given a tax application slip with the bike showing it was completed in Jan 2020 at a cost of £0.00.

What I’m not sure on is do I have to submit a V112 MOT exemption form every year, and take it to the post office to register another 12 months zero rated VED, or was that only required initially to get the tax class on the V5 changed?

I’ve read the Government site but am none the wiser tbh. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    Classic bike advice please?

My bike was first registered in 1977, so being over 40 years old is MOT and VED exempt.

The bike V5 already shows the tax class as historic, and I was given a tax application slip with the bike showing it was completed in Jan 2020 at a cost of £0.00.

What I’m not sure on is do I have to submit a V112 MOT exemption form every year, and take it to the post office to register another 12 months zero rated VED, or was that only required initially to get the tax class on the V5 changed?

I’ve read the Government site but am none the wiser tbh. Any clarification would be appreciated.
    Hi hhh, no the good news its automatic. Your bike went MOT and tax free April 2018 . The V112d form was used where a person ticked a box to state something made the vehicle eligible. Being over 40 years old was something like box g or h. The only caveat is the bike has not changed substantially, my understanding of this is vehicles who have had a change of use.

So just go on line to .gov tax disc, it will do its searches and come back £0. Dont get worried about doing an mot check, as the bike WILL come back saying the mot has expired, but it may be eligible due to age.

I have been running around on my 1977 bike for three years tax and mot free never been stopped or sent any warnings.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Hi hhh, no the good news its automatic. Your bike went MOT and tax free April 2018 . The V112d form was used where a person ticked a box to state something made the vehicle eligible. Being over 40 years old was something like box g or h. The only caveat is the bike has not changed substantially, my understanding of this is vehicles who have had a change of use.

So just go on line to .gov tax disc, it will do its searches and come back £0. Dont get worried about doing an mot check, as the bike WILL come back saying the mot has expired, but it may be eligible due to age.

I have been running around on my 1977 bike for three years tax and mot free never been stopped or sent any warnings.

Steve
    Perfect. Thanks Steve

I was just looking back at some older photos, and thought I'd repost this one with a slight tweak to the lighting effects. It encapsulates why I love the way this particular 9T looks... such vintage charm for a modern machine.

A nice popup on my calendar that I passed my test 8 years ago today. Would love to go out for a ride but no such luck. Hopefully soon.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

More bike related stuff

I was just looking back at some older photos, and thought I'd repost this one with a slight tweak to the lighting effects. It encapsulates why I love the way this particular 9T looks... such vintage charm for a modern machine.

Whilst I am not a big fan of the R9T stuff yours does look nice Tony. However, what imo would make it look real special is a set of pipes like the Akras on 1199/1299 Ducs, the sort of wheelbarrow handle looking things. Short stubby cans under, but not right under the seat, you know the ones i mean? I dont even know if they are available for your bike but if so, go and get em now !!!

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

lovely but i'd whip that rear subframe off to enhance the retro cafe racer look!

this lockdown has got me looking at all kinds of bikes to serve as a second run around - unfortunately i am London based so it would need to be ULEZ compliant. Finding myself considering a KTM 990 supermoto, Ducati scrambler or a Husky Vitpilen

Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    lovely but i'd whip that rear subframe off to enhance the retro cafe racer look!

this lockdown has got me looking at all kinds of bikes to serve as a second run around - unfortunately i am London based so it would need to be ULEZ compliant. Finding myself considering a KTM 990 supermoto, Ducati scrambler or a Husky Vitpilen
    The subframe is already off - that was an old photo

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Whilst I am not a big fan of the R9T stuff yours does look nice Tony. However, what imo would make it look real special is a set of pipes like the Akras on 1199/1299 Ducs, the sort of wheelbarrow handle looking things. Short stubby cans under, but not right under the seat, you know the ones i mean? I dont even know if they are available for your bike but if so, go and get em now !!!

Yes, i know the pipes you mean, Stuart, but to my mind that would be too sporty a look for this bike.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 13th April 2020 at 14:57.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Guess you mean these.
    Personally I don’t think they would look good on a R9t. But look superb on the Panigale 1299.

image uploading site

Master
    Nothing else to do yesterday but give it a wash:

So simple. So lovely.

So simple. So lovely.
    Agreed!!!

Agreed!!!
    Oddly, the thing that appeals the most looking at it from here is that it looks possible to get in and clean everywhere without a struggle!

<fires up Autotrader>

Master
    Heh, yes the lack of coverage makes it very quick to clean. Especially as I just discovered Bilt Hamber Surfex HD degreaser, which is a revelation.

However, the lack of coverage also means that anything other than a totally dry day confines it to the garage...

Master
    My Pal has the Spitfire flat tracker , waited over 18 months for it. On start up that exhaust sounds superb, a real bark. He is a Ducati man but has sold both his sports bikes and kept the CCM. He has the billet pack, some nice alloy touches and a leather tank strap with a small pouch in it.

He has developed a laser cut PPF Set for his CCM and done a few others to keep them Looking really nice

Steve

I think those Spitfires are one of the best looking bikes I have ever seen.
    Just love the tubular frame, complete with weld heat bluing.

I have to say the options list on their website is a giggle.

D