closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 95 of 354 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,750 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Probably best Tony. Like you, and most other guys on here I'd imagine, I'm itching to get out on the bike. More so given the weather last weekend. But my mate made a very salient point when I asked what he thought about us going out. On your bike you are basically self isolating, no prob with social distancing etc. He compared it to going out in a car on your jack cos you are bored, remember some driver did that a week or so back and was made an example of on the media. Its no different really and that struck home with me. Then theres the valid point re taking NHS resources should the worst happen. And it can happen and not be your fault in any way. There was also talk on another forum I'm on about petrol stations refusing fuel to folk they deemed to be on 'non essential' travel. I for one don't want to be out and not be able to get home.

As a side issue to this, I actually believe this Corona stuff is a lot more airborne than we think, accept, believe or understand. I simply don't accept that its spread this far and quickly by touch, or coughing, sneezing on each other etc. Theres now a report of some tiger in a New York zoo having it, I doubt someone has been within 2 meters of that, or coughed on it?. Doesn't seem feasible to me anyway. So, the more time indoors the better for me atm. Yeah of course I'm going stir crazy, but I'd rather be that than on a ventilator somewhere. The roads will be there when this is all over, I want to make sure I'm there on them enjoying myself.

Just my thoughts

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Probably best Tony. Like you, and most other guys on here I'd imagine, I'm itching to get out on the bike. More so given the weather last weekend. But my mate made a very salient point when I asked what he thought about us going out. On your bike you are basically self isolating, no prob with social distancing etc. He compared it to going out in a car on your jack cos you are bored, remember some driver did that a week or so back and was made an example of on the media. Its no different really and that struck home with me. Then theres the valid point re taking NHS resources should the worst happen. And it can happen and not be your fault in any way. There was also talk on another forum I'm on about petrol stations refusing fuel to folk they deemed to be on 'non essential' travel. I for one don't want to be out and not be able to get home.

As a side issue to this, I actually believe this Corona stuff is a lot more airborne than we think, accept, believe or understand. I simply don't accept that its spread this far and quickly by touch, or coughing, sneezing on each other etc. Theres now a report of some tiger in a New York zoo having it, I doubt someone has been within 2 meters of that, or coughed on it?. Doesn't seem feasible to me anyway. So, the more time indoors the better for me atm. Yeah of course I'm going stir crazy, but I'd rather be that than on a ventilator somewhere. The roads will be there when this is all over, I want to make sure I'm there on them enjoying myself.

Just my thoughts

Stuart
    Thanks for sharing them, Stuart. Interesting point regarding the tiger - perhaps handlers occasionally get close enough, although it certainly makes you wonder.

Craftsman
    Theres now a report of some tiger in a New York zoo having it, I doubt someone has been within 2 meters of that, or coughed on it?.
    Haven’t seen that, trying to stay away from reading / watching the news for a bit, helps me to stop panicking !
    Anyway, the last I heard was that animals cannot catch Coronavirus, so if this is true they got that wrong !

Well, if I can't ride it I may as well play with some photos of the f%#*er!

Master
    ^^^ Looks good enough to ride... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    And to clean.😛

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post

Like that effect Tony, very nice. Good decision too, this will pass and that first ride will be heaven!

Awesome photo Tony. Maybe when all this corona thing is finished you can take some pics of my bikes on a ride out. That looks amazing how you capture so much colour and detail.

FFS, it's neither heroic nor difficult to decide to not ride a motorbike under the current circumstances. It may well be frustrating to some but get over it!.
    Sorry if this is a bit blunt but, for the vast majority of bikers, the argument for riding is non-existent...unless you are riding in the course of a legitimate and necessary activity, don't.

Master
    Blog Entries
    this one for Tony its an interesting channel.

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    this one for Tony its an interesting channel.
    Thanks - I'll check that our properly whilst I'm not riding the bike

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Very interesting.

I'm crap at U Turns and hate having to do them.

Being a proper short arse also makes me a bit nervous about dropping the bike at low speed anyway & I'd wager they are harder on sports bikes that tend not to have much steering lock anyway - Is that enough excuses?

Anyway, I'll give that a go next time I'm out (whenever that is), certainly the counter steer first bit makes sense to me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Blog Entries
    I havent been to Wheels and waves for 2 years I have a real ache to go again,maybe next year.

I wasnt invited on this ride out though.

Theres now a report of some tiger in a New York zoo having it,
    How come a tiger gets tested, when America have relatively speaking, hardly tested any humans?
    Last edited by andy tims; 6th April 2020 at 19:59.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    How come a tiger gets tested when America have relatively speaking, hardly tested any humans?
    That’s a bloody good question!

On a lighter note, I finally got round to fitting a battery charger lead to my Bonneville; and I gave the engine a bit of a run (stationary).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    Very interesting.

I'm crap at U Turns and hate having to do them.

Being a proper short arse also makes me a bit nervous about dropping the bike at low speed anyway & I'd wager they are harder on sports bikes that tend not to have much steering lock anyway - Is that enough excuses?

Anyway, I'll give that a go next time I'm out (whenever that is), certainly the counter steer first bit makes sense to me.
    This Police officer has more bike handling skill in his little finger , than I have in my entire body.

//youtu.be/M9MVY8swO5M

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    This Police officer has more bike handling skill in his little finger , than I have in my entire body.

//youtu.be/M9MVY8swO5M
    That's just mind-boggling!

//youtu.be/M9MVY8swO5M
    Watching motorcycle gymkhana videos on youtube is very sobering. Whenever you feel you can blame your motorcycle for your inability to do low speed manoeuvring, the next video that pops up is always someone doing that sort of thing exceptionally well on something far more unwieldy than your bike.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Watching motorcycle gymkhana videos on youtube is very sobering. Whenever you feel you can blame your motorcycle for your inability to do low speed manoeuvring, the next video that pops up is always someone doing that sort of thing exceptionally well on something far more unwieldy than your bike.
    Do mean like this Gyp, I watched Tony Bo last year in Silsden, what he can get a bike to do is amazing

https://youtu.be/2ki4VgsRG8M

Do mean like this Gyp, I watched Tony Bo last year in Silsden, what he can get a bike to do is amazing

https://youtu.be/2ki4VgsRG8M
    I was thinking more like the Japanese competitive stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiIqBeBez9A

but Tony Bo's stuff is amazing too

But whenever you think your bike is too big to be hustled at low speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cILWQIjXTd0

This is quite amazing too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjdrgzVTX4I

The amount of confidence in the wet, right up until the point where she bins it.

What I found most interesting about this, other than the fact they were doing it under water, is watching the riders head, where she's so carefully looking in the direction where she wants to go etc

The amount of confidence in the wet, right up until the point where she bins it.

What I found most interesting about this, other than the fact they were doing it under water, is watching the riders head, where she's so carefully looking in the direction where she wants to go etc
    Incredible skill!!! Did you notice the way she picked the bike up?

Incredible skill!!! Did you notice the way she picked the bike up?
    And then continued to lean over further in the wet than I would in the dry, yes.

...though the bike was only 130kg when new, and had the original bodywork removed.

Mind you, 130kg still isn't light

Master

I wasn’t aware of the whole gymkhana scene, fascinating. The lady was impressive in that a NS250 Honda is a highly strung two stoke with a powerband like a gnats tit. Yes its light but hats off for her skill.

I wasn’t aware of the whole gymkhana scene, fascinating. The lady was impressive in that a NS250 Honda is a highly strung two stoke with a powerband like a gnats tit. Yes its light but hats off for her skill.
    There are loads of great gymkhana videos on youtube, it really makes me ashamed of how wobbly I was when i did my part 1 test back in the day.

Begging to be ridden

Master
    Made some progress with my Enoch designed tail tidy..... utilising a cut n shut panigale numberplate holder...

If it all works out, I’ll be able to get rid of the towing bracket around the back wheel, and show that 240 rear tyre to those behind..

Master
    Blog Entries
    nice did you get it of a Jag

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Made some progress with my Enoch designed tail tidy..... utilising a cut n shut panigale numberplate holder...

If it all works out, I’ll be able to get rid of the towing bracket around the back wheel, and show that 240 rear tyre to those behind..
    That is going to look so much better !

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    That is going to look so much better !
    I actually like the stock set up... it seems to fit the bikes persona.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 8th April 2020 at 20:36.

Master
    I’m pretty much calling that job done.... just need to sort wiring, and put a bit of sealant here and there..

Last edited by Enoch; 9th April 2020 at 16:44.

Much better

Yep, that looks tidy!

I rode the R1200R today.

Well, I sat on it and rolled it backwards out of the garage so I could move the green garden waste bin, then rolled it back again.

I delighted in the touring screen and saddle I'd fitted for the trip to France I didn't make a couple of weeks ago.

Craftsman
    Tell me, does anyone wear a watch while they’re riding ? I personally don’t, I’ve always thought if it all went wrong for whatever reason you could smash it to bits. I have a mate though who always wears his Submariner 116610LB, it never leaves his wrist

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I’m pretty much calling that job done.... just need to sort wiring, and put a bit of sealant here and there..
    Nice work - BUT are you going to spend £10 on a new number plate?
    Those holes would drive me nuts.
    :-)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boundary546 View Post
    Tell me, does anyone wear a watch while they’re riding ? I personally don’t, I’ve always thought if it all went wrong for whatever reason you could smash it to bits. I have a mate though who always wears his Submariner 116610LB, it never leaves his wrist
    I dont, it gets in the way of gloves and cuffs plus it can get sticky.

Master
    I always wear one - whatever I happen to be using at the time.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    Nice work - BUT are you going to spend £10 on a new number plate?
    Those holes would drive me nuts.
    :-)
    Yes... I’ll get a legal one for once..

Master
    Now that’s what I call a rear tyre! , nice job Andrew.

Im in the no watch brigade on my bike as many of my jackets have liners or cuff studs that rattle past the watch when putting them on and off.

When I did a 3 week Euro bike trip two years ago I used one of the missus old scrunchy things. Bit like a very small buff. This went around the wrist and also whilst we were in Italy I wore it just to cover up my watch in the less than salubrious ( eg where we were staying!) areas.

N

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

If I'm going on a weekend ride I'll wear a Seiko or slim G-Shock. If it's to commute into work it might be a GMT, Sub, or Seiko.

Whatever it is though I'll never wear my Seiko MM300 or G-Shock Rangeman as they're both so thick they actually do interfere with either the gloves or how tight I can make my cuff -- no other watches do.

always a cheapo slimline watch (Seiko 5) or Aerospace. Has to fit under cuffs/gloves.

A Sub? Nope - if you end up in hospital, you know it will be long gone.

Master
    Cheers.. anyone riding behind is going to get the full stone chip treatment..😈😈

Regarding watch, I ride with whatever is on my wrist on the day..👍👍

Master

Rolex Tat end Result

Over the last few months I sold loads of Rolex accessories I had accumulated over the years, the plan was firstly to have a long overdue clear out but also to hopefully fund a new track bike. Well, mission accomplished and a 2013 blade got delivered today, it comes with V5 and will get a day time MOT in due course. Very pleased with how it all came together, wont be out and about or on track any time soon but I think it will be a good one.

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Bluetinfloor; 9th April 2020 at 21:30.

Master
    Pah, now THIS is what I call a rear tyre

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Pah, now THIS is what I call a rear tyre

Fat rubber to go with the very shiny helmet

Blog Entries
    Whatever I’m wearing that day.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.