closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 89 of 354 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,450 of 17673

Thread: More bike related stuff

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    That's lovely! How did you find the mirrors, as when I tried that I couldn't really get enough of field fo view to be comfortable with it?
    They still work surprisingly well for stuff behind me but it has created the mother of all blind spots laterally...lifesaver turns are even more important.

Still if I’’d wanted a sensible bike I’’d still have an NC750X
    Last edited by Plake; 18th March 2020 at 21:31.

Craftsman
    A lovely bit of Welsh stone track ahead..

Master
    Nice! What a brilliant way to spend the day!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    A lovely bit of Welsh stone track ahead..

What is the KTM ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    you arent 2m apart

I am jealous looks like a lot of fun.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    What is the KTM ?
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    you arent 2m apart

I am jealous looks like a lot of fun.

Joe, that is the 790 Adventure R, hiding behind a Yamaha Tenere 700.

b, it got much closer in places! Both of those bikes are incredible off-road and it really is great fun. Not too busy around there either which means you can open them up a bit.

Not sure when this will be able possible now with the restrictions coming down the line - something to look forward to though.

If there are any other off roaders it might be possible to plan a ride out when things get back to normal, it seems to be popular with the roadies!

Master

Thumbs up That’s it, I’m officially boycotting Morrison’s

Went to fill up the bike, decided that pay at the pump is the safest option, by avoiding going into the shop to pay.

Staff wouldn’t authorise the pump without helmet removal...

I went to the Shell station around the corner, and asked what their policy was. Was told quite happy to serve bikers with full face helmets as long as visor is open.
    The lady behind the counter said that in 19 years they’d never had a biker leave without paying.

Most months I spend between £300 and £400 on fuel. It won’t be going to Morrison’s that’s for sure.

Master

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Joe, that is the 790 Adventure R, hiding behind a Yamaha Tenere 700.

b, it got much closer in places! Both of those bikes are incredible off-road and it really is great fun. Not too busy around there either which means you can open them up a bit.

Not sure when this will be able possible now with the restrictions coming down the line - something to look forward to though.

If there are any other off roaders it might be possible to plan a ride out when things get back to normal, it seems to be popular with the roadies!
    I have the 790R but the screen on that photos looked tall. I have the S screen fitted on my R as although I ride off road it’s with luggage abs camping so no back flips or over the bars.

Bikes brimmed and ready for a ride. Wondering if I can still ride during ‘lock down’ once my isolation is over .. issues issued

Mine on her holidays ..
    Last edited by joe narvey; 19th March 2020 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Went to fill up the bike, decided that pay at the pump is the safest option, by avoiding going into the shop to pay.

Staff wouldn’t authorise the pump without helmet removal...

I went to the Shell station around the corner, and asked what their policy was. Was told quite happy to serve bikers with full face helmets as long as visor is open.
    The lady behind the counter said that in 19 years they’d never had a biker leave without paying.

Most months I spend between £300 and £400 on fuel. It won’t be going to Morrison’s that’s for sure.
    ive had this happen to me twice now at a local texaco station (i had to remove helmet and pay first - this was at 11am ) - the second time i got into an argument with the manager after the member of staff tried to tell me that it was 'the law' now that i had to remove my helmet so they could get my face on the CCTV (it most certainly is not the law ) - also seems that this is specifically aimed at bikers as i asked if they were asking people to remove religious headwear when filling up to which the answer was 'no' .
    ive seen bikers sharing info on these stations on facebook and boycotting them , sure the stations can choose to serve who they like - it also runs both ways with publicity.

Master
    I can sort of understand helmet removal if you’re going into the store... it’s a pita and inconvenient, but I sort of get it.

But pay at the pump??

Master
    I was once asked to remove my helmet before filling up which rightly pissed me off. When I went in to pay the lady at the counter apologised but explained it was a new policy after she had a sawn off pointed at her face a few days before.

I tend to not get upset about it now.

But pay at the pump??
    I didn`t know there were any pay at pumps still out there?
    I thought they were all decommissioned due to being too easy to scam/fraudulent use, which is a shame as i thought that they were very convenient.

There are a couple of garages near to me which i avoid because they are also a `convenience store` and i`m sick of being caught in the queue behind some chump for 5 minutes whilst i wait for them to bag their midweek shop when all i want to do is a 5-second contactless payment for fuel and go. Winds me right up.

Master
    Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and Morrison’s near me, all have pay at pump facility..

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    My main ride buddy has just called and said he is self isolating tomorrow. So I decided to join him, we're having an impromptu scuttle on the bikes round Wales, weather permitting.

Stuart

Blog Entries
    Tesco, Sainsbury’s, and Morrison’s near me, all have pay at pump facility..
    Our local Sainsburys is pay at pump. Never been asked to take my helmet off when paying at the pump.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    My main ride buddy has just called and said he is self isolating tomorrow. So I decided to join him, we're having an impromptu scuttle on the bikes round Wales, weather permitting.

Stuart
    You haven't quite got the concept of this self isolating lark, have you?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Our local Sainsburys is pay at pump. Never been asked to take my helmet off when paying at the pump.
    Likewise..👍

Todays run was cut short at Bala. We pulled into the bike stop there and my mate had a nail sticking out of his tyre and it was hissing badly. Luckily some other bikers were there, and one had a puncture repair kit. None of us had used one before, but eventually we got it sussed and a motorist, who was also a biker, had a pump. The repair got him back to Warrington, and now he's going to get a new set of boots, the back was pretty worn anyways.

First real run out this year, and boy was it cold, way colder than it looked. Heated grips were a godsend. It was nice to get out and about though, and there were actually more bikers out than I expected. I think it needs to warm up a tad before its really enjoyable, for me anyways.

Stuart

Master
    Fixed an exhaust blow from the cat. And fitted, my panniers today.

Looking good Enoch. Really looking forward to seeing it in real life real soon!!

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I'm extremely thankful to be able to get out on my motorcycle in these strangest of days. For me, the best form of social distancing...

My thoughts exactly... will be out soon, as I want to get a sense of how it feels with mostly everything closed.

Master
    I’m having a Coronavirus isolation garage tidy up and reorg...

My mates coming to collect the kwaka that I’ve been storing for the last 15 years... which makes room for another bike😈😈

Grand Master

Time to socially distance
    RIAC

My mates coming to collect the kwaka that I’ve been storing for the last 15 years... which makes room for another bike
    ZXR750J with replica fairing?

And always good to make space - nature abhors a vacuum!

Master

My mates coming to collect the kwaka that I’ve been storing for the last 15 years... which makes room for another bike
    Great news. What's on the shortlist?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    My wife and I went for a drive in N. Wales last week , probably only 70 miles. I lost count of the badger carcasses. Having stood next to a live one , these are big animals and hitting one on a bike would be a very serious affair.

I understood badgers get killed when their route to and from their set passes a road, ok , but why in the last 2/3 weeks has the number increased so much?

It isn’t unknown for farmers and gamekeepers to kill them and dump them on the road at night to rid of the evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Enoch made the same observation, genuinely hadn't thought that through.

I cycled up the Horeshoe Pass to the Ponderosa today. I knew it was shut but I don't think many other bikers did. There we a group of about 15 at the top and I passed numerous bikes going up. Its still a great road.

Most popular bikes today up there Triumph 800 (explorers), Diavals and MT10’st

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    ZXR750J with replica fairing?

And always good to make space - nature abhors a vacuum!
    Yes, 92 ZXR 750..... bored out to 810, with high lift cams, lightened flywheel, GSXr throttle bodies, Scott Russell replica Muzzy exhaust with tapered headers made by Pete Gibson, race clutch, ohlins at the rear, ohlins internals at the front and hundreds of £ worth of titanium fasteners. Made to look like a 24hr endurance bike. Was pretty quick back in the day, with around 135bhp at the rear wheel..

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Great news. What's on the shortlist?
    A bobber TFC... deposit paid months ago..

Blog Entries
    I'm extremely thankful to be able to get out on my motorcycle in these strangest of days. For me, the best form of social distancing...

Love the 1100. What Honda does best.

Yes, 92 ZXR 750..... bored out to 810, with high lift cams, lightened flywheel, GSXr throttle bodies, Scott Russell replica Muzzy exhaust with tapered headers made by Pete Gibson, race clutch, ohlins at the rear, ohlins internals at the front and hundreds of £ worth of titanium fasteners. Made to look like a 24hr endurance bike. Was pretty quick back in the day, with around 135bhp at the rear wheel..
    Very nice (or at least was)

Reminds me of the ZXR750K we used to run in British Endurance, which on its last outing at Donington Park gained a digital gear indicator with gears being crossed out as they failed

Master

A bobber TFC... deposit paid months ago..

Ah yes. memory of a goldfish...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Love the 1100. What Honda does best.
    I agree (although sales levels suggest we are in a minority). I'm really enjoying the bike. It's great for bimbling around the lanes but also offers plenty of power when desired. The gearbox is excellent too.

Blog Entries
    I agree (although sales levels suggest we are in a minority). I'm really enjoying the bike. It's great for bimbling around the lanes but also offers plenty of power when desired. The gearbox is excellent too.
    We probably are. But it has that 'look' reminiscent of when Z1s, 750 4s and GS1000s etc etc prowled the streets! Can't say I'm a fan of the 'utilitarian' look of some bikes these days. No point getting your bike boots and white socks out if it looks like the offspring of a pond pump and a generator!

Glad to see peeps still getting out and about (for now, at least). It's the only thing keeping me sane right now...

Took my girlfriend out for a ride to Birling Gap today.
    The bobber’s suspension did not get rave reviews...”my arsehole was in my throat” was the tag line lol

More bike related stuff

My son and I had a blast down to Lyme Regis today beautiful sunny day but bloody fresh on my ZRX1100 and his GSXR750.. blowing the cobwebs away and the best social isolation on offer..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SteveM112; 21st March 2020 at 20:48.

I love that ZXR!!
    That bike is absolute horn.
    Fully signed up member of the Scott Russell apreciation society here!!!

Is that a 7X7R?

If so that was my childhood dream bike!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Plake View Post
    Is that a 7X7R?

If so that was my childhood dream bike!
    No... it’s a ZXR750J1 from 1992.....my mate’s owned it from almost new, and it has 24k miles on the clock..

I’m trying to persuade him to restore it to stock looking, but he’s thinking track day warrior..

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    My son and I had a blast down to Lyme Regis today beautiful sunny day but bloody fresh on my ZRX1100 and his GSXR750.. blowing the cobwebs away and the best social isolation on offer..
    I was out with my lad too this afternoon.

He’s got a GSXR750 too, but an older one than your lads. His is a K8, same as my track bike - he went over the 30,000 mile mark today. Great bikes - I’ve had my K8 since 2009 - it’s my 3rd 750 and has been track only for about 6 years. It’s not way near as quick as my S1000RR, but with trick suspension and forged ally wheels it handles beautifully.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Got out today up to Helmsley and back, 240 miles meaning my bike is run in, time to call Williams BMW to book the first service. Great day, spotted at least 5 police speed traps though, they must realise bikers are going to get out as much as we can until total lockdown

I've been looking at adding a K1600GT SE to the fleet.

Have been offered a beautiful one-owner bike at a real bargain price but, try as I might, I just can't bring myself to buy it.

Right bike, great price, very bad timing. Shame

Master

Cool Heads UP

Download the MOTO GP app or log onto https://www.motogp.com/

And watch their Stay at home documentaries all free of charge👍

Master
    Nice one, thanks for the heads-up!

Download the MOTO GP app or log onto https://www.motogp.com/

And watch their Stay at home documentaries all free of charge
    Thanks for that....

About to go out for a ride, but not before fitting a headlight grill and some neoprene fork covers (both from Unit Garage)...

At the jet wash yesterday. Not clean, but cleaner than it was after being on the drive since Oct untouched. Nice to be out for an hour anyway.

Grand Master

Mental
    Health restored
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post

Mental
    Health restored
    Lovely. Your timing for Biker Tuesday was crap though