closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 87 of 357 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137187 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,350 of 17848

Thread: More bike related stuff

New bike day - traded in the Tiger for this one. Few additions with bar ends, remus cans, fox rear shocks and Avon Spirit ST tyres.

A nice ride down to the coast in the sun(!) today to get acquainted....

Master
    ^^^ Looks great. I especially like the end cans, compared to the originals. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    ^^^ Looks great. I especially like the end cans, compared to the originals. Congrats!
    Cheers. Yes the end cans look and sound great. Much prefer the look to the originals.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    when younger a few of my friends had the Kr1s - i remember them being surprisingly quick for such a small engine but needing engine rebuilds quite regular due to their highly strung nature , i would have thought they are getting to collectors item status now -looks in great condition.
    You are absolutely right, the KR1 and early Kr1s had piston circlips that made a bid for freedom usually when the bike was flat out. Mitaka solved the problem and the current bikes are better.

Having said that my older Kr1s lunched its bottom end when only doing about 60 mph, resulting in a full rebuild. These bikes are real Jeckyl and Hyde. However when I get scared I will just dust down my 250 kh triple, lower power and much more reliable.

Steve

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    That KR1S is lovely, looks brand new

As we're on the subject of 2 Strokes this was my last one. Still miss the smell

That reminds me of the time I was invited on the back of a RD350. I was in my teens at the time. During the ride I can recall........ I am going to die!!
    Lovely looking bike.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by djjuk View Post
    New bike day - traded in the Tiger for this one. Few additions with bar ends, remus cans, fox rear shocks and Avon Spirit ST tyres.

A nice ride down to the coast in the sun(!) today to get acquainted....

I really feel that Triumph designers have really dialled in some of the best bikes out there at present. Triumph and Bmw are both reinventing older designs to great effect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    I really feel that Triumph designers have really dialled in some of the best bikes out there at present. Triumph and Bmw are both reinventing older designs to great effect.
    Yes, the retro look has really taken off and sales seem to be strong for this style of bike...

Imagine if Ducati were to recreate this, but with modern tech... it’d sell like hot cakes

My Kr1S which has not run for 2.5 years . Pumped up the tyres , filled the tank , primed and it fired up 3rd kick with plumes of two smoke! MOT tomorrow then I hope to use this on nice days.

Highly strung 90's 250 about 55bhp and weighs about the same as a jumbo pack of toilet rolls.

Beautiful. My mate at the time had the precursor to the KR1 which was the Japanese market only KR250, tandem twin if I remember correctly, very exotic and featured in a couple of bike magazines at the time.

I on the other hand had the more humble TZR250, my best bike ever and certainly taught me all about corner speed and knee down action! Seems a long time ago now....

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Yes, the retro look has really taken off and sales seem to be strong for this style of bike...

Imagine if Ducati were to recreate this, but with modern tech... it’d sell like hot cakes

Andy one of my first experience of Italian bikes was my pals Pantah 500. To say it went around corners on rails was an understatement.

All Desmo engines are uber expensive now, I should know I ran an Ebay search for “Desmo” for a couple of years in 2012/14 even then they were out of reach. So I ended up with a mix of British and Japanese bikes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    That KR1S is lovely, looks brand new

As we're on the subject of 2 Strokes this was my last one. Still miss the smell

Stunning I also had an RD350 pre YPVS, on reflecting it was a bit of a dog eg 6 previous owners ( 5 ragged it to death) . Everything vibrated loose, I had to paint the frame nuts with white dots to see if the moved. Only had it two years but it was manic!

Just noticed the trick swing arm, very nice
    Last edited by higham5; 11th March 2020 at 23:20.

Possibly the most beautiful bike ever. And the greatest to ride on twisty smooth tarmac (and the worst in town).

I used to ride one regularly and couldn’t buy it when owner had to sell. Possibly my biggest regret ever.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Possibly the most beautiful bike ever. And the greatest to ride on twisty smooth tarmac (and the worst in town).

I used to ride one regularly and couldn’t buy it when owner had to sell. Possibly my biggest regret ever.
    The most beautiful models do not guarantee a great ride (or so I'm told)

Master

There was this from 2006 -

It's a bit of a munter imo. For the money they go for I think I'd rather pay a grown up to build me something in the same style using an air cooled Monster or Multi as the base. You'd also save a ton of cash and have something you're not afraid to put the miles on in case it damages the investment potential.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Did you buy that lovely Bonnie?

This looks like the one for 2020
    RIAC

Well, given that I postponed a trip into town today (it's going to be sunny on Monday, so...) I did a bit of tinkering with the bike instead (excuse the state of the bike, but it's being serviced tomorrow so I'll let the boys at Lind Motorrad do the cleaning!).

Firstly, off came the rear subframe, to be replaced with a low (aftermarket) exhaust hanger...

and then I replaced the stock plastic oil filler cap with a milled (BMW) alternative.

More bike related stuff

Well, given that I postponed a trip into town today (it's going to be sunny on Monday, so...) I did a bit of tinkering with the bike instead (excuse the state of the bike, but it's being serviced tomorrow so I'll let the boys at Lind Motorrad do the cleaning!).

Firstly, off came the rear subframe, to be replaced with a low (aftermarket) exhaust hanger...

and then I replaced the stock plastic oil filler cap with a milled (BMW) alternative.

Lovely bike Tony, unfortunately I can’t ride any more, (after 25 years of bikes and I miss it like mad!), but I do enjoy seeing what all you guys are doing, jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by Quality Man View Post
    Lovely bike Tony, unfortunately I can’t ride any more, (after 25 years of bikes and I miss it like mad!), but I do enjoy seeing what all you guys are doing, jealous!

Oh, that’s a shame. Thank you, though, and good to hear that you’re getting some pleasure vicariously

I've just had the joy of taking the front wheel out to weigh it as apparently my son needs to know for his final year uni project.

Saves me from having to ride it now the sun's out...

2 days in and no regrets in changing from my Tiger.

200 miles of wind, rain and shine to get to the 500 mile running in service quickly and it has been fantastic in all conditions. Quad lock added, Optimate 4 SAE installed, Remus baffles now removed and it sounds fantastic. So much more character than the triple in my opinion..

Master
    Just watch out with the quad lock if you have a phone with optical image stabilisation.

The fixture is so rigid that the vibes from my single destroyed the camera in my iPhone 8+.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Just watch out with the quad lock if you have a phone with optical image stabilisation.

The fixture is so rigid that the vibes from my single destroyed the camera in my iPhone 8+.
    Cheers. Yes I had read that somewhere but touch wood it's been ok with my S8 for the bikes I've had the quad lock on.

Master
    Blog Entries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the beast serviced and MOT'd today, then went for a quick bimble as it was going so nicely. Really liking the way it looks without the passenger frame installed!

Master
    Had the beast serviced and MOT'd today, then went for a quick bimble as it was going so nicely. Really liking the way it looks without the passenger frame installed!

Tony the R9T’s have always looked great with the rear passenger frame removed. Its a nice feature to build into a bike , something BMW get and the Japanese dont.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vRSG60 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    High Bentham road?

Tony the R9T’s have always looked great with the rear passenger frame removed. Its a nice feature to build into a bike , something BMW get and the Japanese dont.
    It is, isn’t it? It really cleans up the back half of the bike, and it’ll also be a fair bit easier doing some rear shock adjustment next week!

Master
    Blog Entries
    It is, isn’t it? It really cleans up the back half of the bike, and it’ll also be a fair bit easier doing some rear shock adjustment next week!
    It does look good the only flaw though...

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    It does look good the only flaw though...

Craftsman

Time to share a picture of my ......

Changed my mind. Sorry.
    Last edited by Metalic Mud; 15th March 2020 at 20:01.

Master
    Some lovely machines in this thread. Sorry to bring the tone down 😂
    I picked up an unloved Honda Shadow in August which had spent the previous 3yrs in a shed after the owner had passed away and the son had no interest in the bike. It didn’t run, was extremely tatty and covered in varying degrees of rust. I thought it would make an ideal winter project !!

Actually looks better condition in that photo which was from the sellers advert.

Anyway.. finished it last weekend (still need to put it through MOT though). This is her now:

Link to a whole bunch of photos I took during the project which I’ve put in to a short video... although I didn’t remember to capture everything.

https://youtu.be/VMwB1g6F0K0

Andy.

Master
    Great job on the shadow👍👍

Master
    https://youtu.be/VMwB1g6F0K0

Andy.[/QUOTE]

Nice video that, good to see you didnt need to completely strip the engine. Good luck the MOT

Steve

Grand Master

More bike related stuff

After spending the 80’s on Mopeds, the 90’s on dirt bikes, the 00’s on sports bikes and the teens on Harleys I find myself embarking on the 20’s with some retro German thing.

A total ‘back to zero’ miles build from this 1982 BMW R100 into a Cafe Racer to make rider and viewers smile.

Roll on summer you glorious beast

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 15th March 2020 at 11:36.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    After spending the 80’s on Mopeds, the 90’s on dirt bikes, the 00’s on sports bikes and the teens on Harleys I find myself embarking on the 20’s with some retro German thing.

A total ‘back to zero’ miles build from this 1982 BMW R100 into a Cafe Racer to make rider and viewers smile.

Oh, that is rather lovely.

I've 2 old airheads ('82 and '89) and the thought of someone cafe-racering them always filled me with horror. Done like that though, I'd not complain at all.

P.S. I'm worried that in one shot you are sneaking up on your object-of-desire in a bathrobe and slippers

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Oh, that is rather lovely.

I've 2 old airheads ('82 and '89) and the thought of someone cafe-racering them always filled me with horror. Done like that though, I'd not complain at all.

P.S. I'm worried that in one shot you are sneaking up on your object-of-desire in a bathrobe and slippers
    I'm assuming that they're all the builder's photos?

Lovely bike, Kerry.

I heard the same about an iphone 11. Are there other mounts to try?

Master

More bike related stuff

I have an SP Gadgets bracket. It’s similar to the quad lock but has damping integrated into the bracket.

I haven’t used it yet so I can’t vouch for it, but it specifically designed to alleviate that specific issue, so you’d hope they’d have tested it.

https://sp-connect.co.uk/collections...nt=49494098709

I have an SP Gadgets bracket. It’s similar to the quad lock but has damping integrated into the bracket.

I haven’t used it yet so I can’t vouch for it, but it specifically designed to alleviate that specific issue, so you’d hope they’d have tested it.

https://sp-connect.co.uk/collections...nt=49494098709
    I'm a Quadlock user and had no idea there was an issue. Thanks for the info/link.

Grand Master

More bike related stuff

Lovely bike, Kerry.
    Mixture of both really, Build, Photoshoot and in my place prior to me starting their next tweaks

Also had the helmet painted the same
    Porsche Champagne colourway

Last edited by 100thmonkey; 15th March 2020 at 11:37.
    RIAC

Grand Master

Lovely bike, Kerry.
    RIAC

Grand Master
    Bizarre as the inspiration to own such a bike came when drinking beer in Biaritz and this was parked next to my chair.

A stop light of all things.

RIAC

Coronaboredom

Grand Master
    What about a duck egg blue or deep maroon!
    RIAC

What about a duck egg blue or deep maroon!
    The possibilities are endless. Actually, a lighter blue looked lovely when I tried it, but I do rather like the gold!

Master
    It is a thing of beauty Kerry. You got that done pretty quickly!

Master
    I'm a Quadlock user and had no idea there was an issue. Thanks for the info/link.
    I think it depends on the engine. Fours and triples are no problem at all, and I’ve spoken to people who have twins who’ve also had no issues.

Mine’s a big thumping single and it could shake the fillings out of your head, so I’m not really surprised.

So getting lost yesterday and not in a good way is it a 'yes' for the quadlock? I would like the convenience of just being able to set off and then get home or to another place without having to stop all the time

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    So getting lost yesterday and not in a good way is it a 'yes' for the quadlock? I would like the convenience of just being able to set off and then get home or to another place without having to stop all the time
    I love it, and the car mount they do is the best I've used by some margin. That said, the one in the link our cheesy friend provided above looks good too and i suspect it might be a bit more robust.

Super job; love the paint.