closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 86 of 358 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,300 of 17893

Thread: More bike related stuff

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    I hate riding in the wet Tony. If its cold as well its just not happening. Its simply not enjoyable for me in any way shape or form. I love riding my bike but only when it suits me, any sign of rain and I wont go out, or if I’m caught out I am heading for home as quickly as poss. I know it limits my time riding but I’m happy that way.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Clocked up my 10,000th mile this morning, just over the welsh border. When I got home I thought I'd honour the occasion by giving the GS a rudimentary wash.

Master
    Lovely run around mid Wales today... trying to get the run in miles done

Great photos

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by awright101 View Post
    Great photos
    Especially the middle one

Damn it!!! Just went to get on the bike and the rear tyre is completely flat

Mobile repair bloke due early evening/tomorrow morning, but what a bummer.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Damn it!!! Just went to get on the bike and the rear tyre is completely flat

Mobile repair bloke due early evening/tomorrow morning, but what a bummer.
    Annoying Tony! Hopefully can be repaired but I’ve ever had any luck with that, always a new tyre...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Annoying Tony! Hopefully can be repaired but I’ve ever had any luck with that, always a new tyre...
    Mine are tubed, Matt, and given that I cant see any notable tyre damage I'm assuming a new tube will do the trick.

Good point Tony!

Finally got a decent trip out to test the Oxford Montreal clothes.

Well impressed.

Richa boots are a bit tight in the pedal box, but other than that really comfy!

Last edited by Gyp; 7th March 2020 at 20:08.

Weird thing occurred yesterday afternoon....this big yellow thing appears in the sky....and a blue sky at that....
    Would have been rude not to.....
    Pic of local Welsh girls admiring bike....

Roads wet, greasy and salty...but all good.

Craftsman
    Really like the little neo Honda.
    Bit expensive brand new.

This one is a bit special.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Really like the little neo Honda.
    Bit expensive brand new.

This one is a bit special.

What is that?

Stuart

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Weird thing occurred yesterday afternoon....this big yellow thing appears in the sky....and a blue sky at that....
    Would have been rude not to.....
    Pic of local Welsh girls admiring bike....

Roads wet, greasy and salty...but all good.
    Great photos, and lovely bike.

Didn't get to ride that much today but did fit a set of heated grips. Unfortunately that seems to have buggered the indicators !

No idea how as I didn't touch them.

Great photos, and lovely bike.
    Thank you!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    On a wet Friday morning in the Uk how jealous am I of this view

Enjoy
    Steve

Forgotten World highway

It was a gruelling journey on a fully laden bike,I was alone and scared at times as no one was around and it was dangerous in places.

The 14 ks of un sealed road was rutted with extreme camber and shaking the bike and me to pieces,I stayed in first gear.

I hugged the crown where I could and let the bike steer itself.

Even the few on 4 wheels where uncomfortable.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/austr...d-highway.html

Good point Tony!
    Got the new tube fitted yesterday - there was a TINY fragment of metal that had pierced the tyre and tube, but enough to allow a slow leak of air. Anyway, the tyre was fine (just as well given that it probably has a good 4-5000 miles left on it), the new tube was fitted and I learnt how easy it is to remove the rear wheel.

A quick question, though - I've been offered a set of the stock Metzeler Z8 tyres for nothing but postage. They were removed from the bike at 1500 miles so very lightly worn, but they've been stored in a dry and temperature-stable garage for about 5 years. Will the rubber have degraded, or should they still be fit for use?

Got the new tube fitted yesterday - there was a TINY fragment of metal that had pierced the tyre and tube, but enough to allow a slow leak of air. Anyway, the tyre was fine (just as well given that it probably has a good 4-5000 miles left on it), the new tube was fitted and I learnt how easy it is to remove the rear wheel.

A quick question, though - I've been offered a set of the stock Metzeler Z8 tyres for nothing but postage. They were removed from the bike at 1500 miles so very lightly worn, but they've been stored in a dry and temperature-stable garage for about 5 years. Will the rubber have degraded, or should they still be fit for use?
    Good question, I wouldn’t personally but I’m
    pretty risk averse when it comes to tyres. There’s lots of debate about tyre age limits, but if these have been on a bike for 1500 miles and then put in a garage I’d pass.

Master
    pretty risk averse when it comes to tyres. There’s lots of debate about tyre age limits, but if these have been on a bike for 1500 miles and then put in a garage I’d pass.
    Im with Matt on this. The contact point with the road of a bike is so small, you want to ensure you have the best rubber in the right condition. There are date stamps on tyres and you may find the tyres are older than 5 years.
    Why take the risk , Keep saving for the Wilbers/ Ohlins upgrade that will improve the ride.

Just my 2 p Im sure there will be someone who comes along riding on 20 year old Kenda’s or Dunblobs who says they are the best performance tyres they ever owned.

Steve

Im with Matt on this. The contact point with the road of a bike is so small, you want to ensure you have the best rubber in the right condition. There are date stamps on tyres and you may find the tyres are older than 5 years.
    Why take the risk , Keep saving for the Wilbers/ Ohlins upgrade that will improve the ride.

Just my 2 p Im sure there will be someone who comes along riding on 20 year old Kenda’s or Dunblobs who says they are the best performance tyres they ever owned.

Steve
    Thanks, both - I was already feeing hesitant about it, so will pass on the offer. Anyway, when mine are worn enough I fancy trying a set of Road 5s!

Grand Master
    Well it’s been a long winter and after a long think it looks like I have a new bike coming this week.
    Excited? Yes. Looking forward to doing things a little different this year as it’s time to break the rut of Harleys and Biker cafes.

That said I will always love a HD
    RIAC

Did you buy that lovely Bonnie?

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    Well it’s been a long winter and after a long think it looks like I have a new bike coming this week.
    Excited? Yes. Looking forward to doing things a little different this year as it’s time to break the rut of Harleys and Biker cafes.

That said I will always love a HD

Grand Master
    Did you buy that lovely Bonnie?
    No but I would
    RIAC

well ive not been out on my bike in a few months and went to start it this morning - looks like i have a bit of maintenance to do before the decent weather starts - the chains looks like tonys been at it with his pressure washer and the throttle is sticking :/
    hope everyone has a fun and safe 2020 on the roads.

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    well ive not been out on my bike in a few months and went to start it this morning - looks like i have a bit of maintenance to do before the decent weather starts - the chains looks like tonys been at it with his pressure washer and the throttle is sticking :/
    hope everyone has a fun and safe 2020 on the roads.
    Oi!!!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    What is that?

Stuart

Id love a blast on that, would be a lot of fun.

Master
    No but I would
    So come on Kerry what is this magnificent steed to be ?

Steve

So come on Kerry what is this magnificent steed to be ?

Steve
    New MOTO2 Daytona!?
    Last edited by learningtofly; 8th March 2020 at 17:58.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    New MOTO2 Daytona!?
    And free chiropractor sessions.

Grand Master
    Not a chance, after a plethora of sports bikes I can no longer truly enjoy the full potential of them and much prefer a trip back in time to a slightly more sedate period
    RIAC

Banned
    Blog Entries
    ^^^^^^That’s why I am waiting for my R18.

Not a chance, after a plethora of sports bikes I can no longer truly enjoy the full potential of them and much prefer a trip back in time to a slightly more sedate period
    Speed Twin?

Master
    KTM it is then :)

Banned
    Blog Entries
    KTM it is then :)
    Nah.

Journeyman
    KTM 1190 looks an awesome bit of kit

Anybody running twin dash cams? I have an Innovv k2 on my streetfighter and it's great but at £300 it seems to be expensive compared to others. Going to add on to my ZX10R but wondered what you guys had before I get another K2?

Master

Dug this out of the back of the garage today

My Kr1S which has not run for 2.5 years . Pumped up the tyres , filled the tank , primed and it fired up 3rd kick with plumes of two smoke! MOT tomorrow then I hope to use this on nice days.

Highly strung 90's 250 about 55bhp and weighs about the same as a jumbo pack of toilet rolls.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That’s gorgeous

what a power to weight ratio

My Kr1S which has not run for 2.5 years . Pumped up the tyres , filled the tank , primed and it fired up 3rd kick with plumes of two smoke! MOT tomorrow then I hope to use this on nice days.

Highly strung 90's 250 about 55bhp and weighs about the same as a jumbo pack of toilet rolls.
    Gorgeous, but probably worth less than said toilet rolls right now

Master

Lovely....my cousin had one at 17 when he passed his test.... his dad had no idea what he’d bought. “It’s only a 250 so it can’t be that fast”

I clocked my cousin at just under 130 on it. I was on a ZZR1100.. Private test track of course.

Master
    Thanks for the comments guys. It certainly is a fun toy. I had two , one I rode and recently sold and this my best one. MCN tested one and claimed it was the fastest 250 in the world , its geared for 145 with a 7 stone test rider. They also said if ridden incorrectly they could tank slap you into casualty!

Most were crashed or raced, I was lucky to buy this from a collector who raced one and had this recommissioned as his road bike.

Steve

MCN tested one and claimed it was the fastest 250 in the world , its geared for 145 with a 7 stone test rider. They also said if ridden incorrectly they could tank slap you into casualty!
    Amused you say that - I remember back in the day that Performance Bikes tested the KR-1S against the ZZR250, and found the low powered softly sprung 4-stroke was actually quicker from A to B on Britain's imperfect roads.

Having had tuned RD and RGV, I know which I'd rather have :-)

That's lovely

Master
    Thanks for the comments guys. It certainly is a fun toy. I had two , one I rode and recently sold and this my best one. MCN tested one and claimed it was the fastest 250 in the world , its geared for 145 with a 7 stone test rider. They also said if ridden incorrectly they could tank slap you into casualty!

Most were crashed or raced, I was lucky to buy this from a collector who raced one and had this recommissioned as his road bike.

Steve
    As a mad 17 year old my cousin blew his up 2 or 3 times whilst under warranty, in the end the dealer got fed up of fixing it and did him a deal on a new Aprilia RS250 in Chesterfield colours.. That was also a great bike from the era... he later grew up and bought a CBR600

Love a 2 stroke, my first bike was a Honda NS125 . I did about 15k miles on it in a couple of years as a student, including riding to Lakota in Bristol for a night from Southampton with a mate on the back... happy days!

Thanks, both - I was already feeing hesitant about it, so will pass on the offer. Anyway, when mine are worn enough I fancy trying a set of Road 5s!
    I have a set going on this week. Have run Pilot Roads of succsesive generations since 2010 for 40k miles they are great tyres.

when younger a few of my friends had the Kr1s - i remember them being surprisingly quick for such a small engine but needing engine rebuilds quite regular due to their highly strung nature , i would have thought they are getting to collectors item status now -looks in great condition.

I used to love a tuned 2 stroke - lived round the corner from Pete Lindermere and friend worked for him for a bit, so had a tuned RD125, LC and then Bob Farnham tuned TZR250 before moving to 4 strokes (various FZ/FZRs)

Also started out on 2 strokes.
    Had a Stan Stevens stage 3 tuned RD350. That, my fireblade and my superduke are the top 3 most fun bikes I’ve crashed, lol.

That KR1S is lovely, looks brand new

As we're on the subject of 2 Strokes this was my last one. Still miss the smell

Last edited by Vanguard; 11th March 2020 at 14:27.