closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 75 of 357 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,750 of 17847

Thread: More bike related stuff

I used to do that but I was much younger
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

I’m thinking we could just find a nice guest house (somewhere like the Chilterns); meet up there on a Saturday afternoon; have a nice ride before dinner; and then spend Sunday exploring local roads and sampling the cream teas

I'm also of the mindset it is to be ridden. Got filthy out today. Loved it....

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I used to do that but I was much younger
    So did i, and i`m still doing it when i`m much older..

I would struggle to get on my feet in the morning unfortunately.

I'm happy under canvas

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Bit of a cold day in N. Wales ( not far from Enoch) but rewarded by this sunset

That’s definitely one of the best bike pictures this year.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Get some Titanium headers and forget cleaning downpipes again.

I don't get the people who wash their bike after ever ride or "never ridden the the wet". I would love to buy a bike off a person like that but I am definitely not a person like that. Once or twice a year is enough for me!
    You definitely deserve a beer!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Overnighter?
    I`m guessing the TZ-UK attendees would rather a comfy hotel than the more earthy and improvised accommodation i prefer whilst on ones extended motor bicycle adventures?

Well that doesn’t look very inviting I must say.

Get some Titanium headers and forget cleaning downpipes again.
    Is the exhaust note a little "fruity"?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Is the exhaust note a little "fruity"?
    Yes but could be louder. My friend has stock headers with a Project SC can and his is a bit louder. Sound of the Akra is nicer.

Yes but could be louder. My friend has stock headers with a Project SC can and his is a bit louder. Sound of the Akra is nicer.
    Those pipes!!!

Isn't the cat in the headers?

I've got the Akra pipe on my R1200R LC but not the headers as it both de-cats and removes the flappy valve which i thought would make it rather noisy. Oh and because the headers are quite expensive.

Isn't the cat in the headers?

I've got the Akra pipe on my R1200R LC but not the headers as it both de-cats and removes the flappy valve which i thought would make it rather noisy. Oh and because the headers are quite expensive.
    Yes, in the headers only. Not sure how the Project SC manages to be so loud, it just is. The full Akra system is quite loud but I'm a twat and commute in central London so wouldn't mind louder.

You can hear the difference in quality with the Akra Vs Project SC and yes the headers are silly expensive but I got the exhaust as part of the PCP for £5 per month and they let me keep it when I upgraded to a newer GS 2 years later so only cost me about £120. Man maths allowed me to get the headers as a result.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Those pipes!!!
    They do them for your bike......

Always up for a ride out... my usual accommodation is a tarp though. Not expecting a five star experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    You definitely deserve a beer!
    Nice

Here’s mine

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The London showroom is a
    Welcome addition. I have to say that the guys from Triumph Ashford are superb as are Guildford (for certain things)
    Where is Central London Triumph dealer ?

Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    Next to Chariots.

Master

More bike related stuff

Next to Chariots.
    Err.. have I missed something?

Is this the old Metropolis ?

Craftsman
    Is the new Rocket 111 out yet. ;0)

Err.. have I missed something?

Is this the old Metropolis ?
    Yes

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Is the new Rocket 111 out yet. ;0)
    Have I missed something ?!

I've seen posts about new rocket iii deliveries in the US but nothing in the UK yet

Master
    I've seen posts about new rocket iii deliveries in the US but nothing in the UK yet
    Ah.. I have a Rocket and asked for a test ride on the new one. I was told by Jack Lilley they could organise, but nothing so far.

Craftsman
    Hope not.
    Read on a different forum. Thought you might be interested in one.
    Must say I quite fancy buying one, and think I probably will.

Master
    Hope not.
    Read on a different forum. Thought you might be interested in one.
    Must say I quite fancy buying one, and think I probably will.
    The GS forum knows I have a few bikes, one of them is a Rocket and yes I want new one. Problem is insurance in London.

Craftsman
    That’s the forum.
    Thankfully I don’t live anywhere near London. So insurance not a problem.
    Owned 4 of the original 2.3 rockets.
    Love the look of the new version.

https://youtu.be/nD0v1y4Ize8

https://youtu.be/9TkD6Cjvbfk
    Last edited by Metalic Mud; 3rd January 2020 at 18:49.

The GS forum knows I have a few bikes, one of them is a Rocket and yes I want new one. Problem is insurance in London.
    Tell me about it. Mine £1.3k and it's been on the drive untouched for 3 months. Infuriating.

Master
    That’s the forum.
    Thankfully I don’t live anywhere near London. So insurance not a problem.
    Owned 4 of the original 2.3 rockets.
    Love the look of the new version.

https://youtu.be/nD0v1y4Ize8

https://youtu.be/9TkD6Cjvbfk
    Apparently 24x7 security guards checking my bikes every 30min with HD CCTV more chains then a bondage festival, alarms, trackers, barriers and fob access access is classed as on street parking...

Apparently 24x7 security guards checking my bikes every 30min with HD CCTV more chains then a bondage festival, alarms, trackers, barriers and fob access access is classed as on street parking...
    Same here. So many chains and locks that popping out for a ride is a headache and I don't bother.

2x abus deteco on the front discs, almax on the back, tracker, immobiliser, alarm, in the corner of the drive being blocked by the car and out of sight under a cover.

Need to be going out for a good few hours to bother unlocking it all. Also quite annoying charging it via Optimate out the window every 3-4 weeks because the tracker is draining the battery.

I miss my garage and hope the next house we get has one.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 3rd January 2020 at 19:17.

I’ve lost count of the number if times I’ve asked my insurer to explain why they classify “on private property” as “on the drive”. It’s scandalous.

Master
    Same here. So many chains and locks that popping out for a ride is a headache and I don't bother.

2x abus deteco on the front discs, almax on the back, tracker, immobiliser, alarm, under a cover wedged in the corner of the drive being blocked by the car and out of sight under a cover.

Need to be going out for a good few hours to bother unlocking it all. Also quite annoying charging it via Optimate out the window every 3-4 weeks because the tracker is draining the battery.

I miss my garage and hope the next house we get has one.
    I don’t have mains near the bikes so have an optimate DC connected to a leisure battery on mine. I get around 6 weeks before it needs topping up.

I popped into the Krazy Horse Farm House motorcycle shop today and have a few observations.

1. The current range of Indian motorcycles look ok but I don't think I want to own one.
    2. The current range of MV motorcycles look totally gorgeous and I would really like a Turismo Veloce RC SCS but I don't think my little legs would allow it.
    3. Morgan cars are really rather beautiful close up but I don't think my waistline would allow it.
    4. The custom bike for sale are perhaps more decorative than practical.
    5. The Arch KRGT-1 is a truly astonishing bit of kit. So much of it is machined from solid billet aluminium that it's ridiculous and the tiny design features are just awe-inspiring. I don't think I could spend £90k on one though, even though Keanu himself calls you up to thank you for buying one.
    6. The 3 chaps in there were lovely and were happy to talk through the bikes, even though it was pretty clear that I'd not be buying a bike. i suspect they make their money from meeting the needs of a small number of well-heeled "clients" rather than the likes of me.

I'll be going back again to look and gawp.

I popped into the Krazy Horse Farm House motorcycle shop today and have a few observations.

1. The current range of Indian motorcycles look ok but I don't think I want to own one.
    2. The current range of MV motorcycles look totally gorgeous and I would really like a Turismo Veloce RC SCS but I don't think my little legs would allow it.
    3. Morgan cars are really rather beautiful close up but I don't think my waistline would allow it.
    4. The custom bike for sale are perhaps more decorative than practical.
    5. The Arch KRGT-1 is a truly astonishing bit of kit. So much of it is machined from solid billet aluminium that it's ridiculous and the tiny design features are just awe-inspiring. I don't think I could spend £90k on one though, even though Keanu himself calls you up to thank you for buying one.
    6. The 3 chaps in there were lovely and were happy to talk through the bikes, even though it was pretty clear that I'd not be buying a bike. i suspect they make their money from meeting the needs of a small number of well-heeled "clients" rather than the likes of me.

I'll be going back again to look and gawp.
    I'd LOVE to see that Arch in the metal! Gotta love Keanu... nobody ever says a bad word about him, and he builds bikes!

Off for a cooked breakfast at The Bike Shed shortly, if anyone fancies one

I'd LOVE to see that Arch in the metal! Gotta love Keanu... nobody ever says a bad word about him, and he builds bikes!

Off for a cooked breakfast at The Bike Shed shortly, if anyone fancies one
    It's definitely worth seeing in the metal, if only for the repeated "hang on, that's machined from billet too" moments.

The entire swingarm, main chassis, tail unit, the drive sprockets...

Then the wheels are carbon. The front mudguard is carbon. There's definitely a good sprung to unsprung weight ratio so it should ride nicely.

The levers/master cylinders were incredible (and different to any on their website).

Apparently there are 2 in the country, 1 at this branch (as there is a well known footballer lives close and they'd like it on display in case he visits), not sure where the other one is.

And also heading out in the drizzle for breakfast.
    Last edited by Gyp; 5th January 2020 at 10:11.

Apparently there are 2 in the country, 1 at this branch (as there is a well known footballer lives close and they'd like it on display in case he visits), not sure where the other one is.
    Those Arch bikes are amazing. I used to live next to a premiership footballer and said they are all banned from bikes at his club and generally avoid them anyway due to the risk of a minor tumble ending up as a career ending injury...

Nice little run out yesterday in the sun around the Surrey Hills.

Went with my brother who is new to riding so the pace was pretty steady, but it was just good to be out on (mostly) dry roads.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    Those Arch bikes are amazing. I used to live next to a premiership footballer and said they are all banned from bikes at his club and generally avoid them anyway due to the risk of a minor tumble ending up as a career ending injury...
    Ah yes, I should have said retired footballer.

The levers/master cylinders were incredible (and different to any on their website).
    Seems they were ISR radial master cylinders. Real things of beauty.

Master
    I use the Quad Lock exactly as you describe, Stuart. It’s the standard motorbike handlebar kit and I’ll take a photo next time I uncover the bike.

It’s a superb set up and I’ve never had a problem with it.
    They now have a wireless charging head unit too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1st ride yesterday since returning from a tour of Spain in September. Weather's been awful and yesterday seemed like the first dry weekend for ages. Very cold, so tyres struggled to get up to working temperature, but still loved every minute, and looking forward to warmer days to come.

Sadly I'll not be able to join some of you on the weekend meet-up in May as this coincides with a 10 day tour of France, Germany & Holland, bit hopefully it goes well and they'll be more in the future.

81758534_2892053737480645_75238275018653696_o by Steve Bolt,
    Last edited by Red Steve; 5th January 2020 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    1st ride yesterday since returning from a tour of Spain in September. Weather's been awful and yesterday seemed like the first dry weekend for ages. Very cold, so tyres struggled to get up to working temperature, but still loved every minute, and looking forward to warmer days to come.
    Mine's thrown back in the garage, caked in road grime after just a couple of hours around the Cotswolds today.

Steve's post got me wondering though... am I the only motorcyclist that's never felt tyres warming up and their level of grip changing?

I’m embarrassed to say I haven’t been out for 2 months now! Rode throughout the last few winters, but it’s been so wet/dank this year I just can’t be bothered. No traction in the car so on a bike would just be frustrating.

Hope I can make the May ride, negotiating a couple of commitments to get released

Tyres definitely change traction significantly with heat Gyp! Try fully opening the throttle on cold tyres versus warm in a low gear. The difference is obvious in a straight line, never mind lent over.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    You’re touring on this?

By the livin’ Gawd that made you,
    You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Never felt the difference between hot or cold tyres, but have seen the difference so always keep it calm for the first 10-15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    You’re touring on this?

By the livin’ Gawd that made you,
    You’re a better man than I am, Gunga Din

Not on this one, but my ST3..that said the 749 isn't uncomfortable as sportsbikes go, and I'd be happy doing a long weekend on it.

IMG_20190922_181241_162 by Steve Bolt

All 3 are fantastic bikes. I tried the 749 too briefly to know, and I don’t think I can use them as they should be anymore, but my wrists and lower back have painful memories of a fantastic 900 Desmo in the late 70s.
    I never dared trying the ST3 because I couldn’t afford it at the time and I know I would have signed on the dotted line

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    Tyres definitely change traction significantly with heat Gyp! Try fully opening the throttle on cold tyres versus warm in a low gear. The difference is obvious in a straight line, never mind lent over.
    You can certainly feel it, mainly through your backside..it's just an odd sensation but you definitely feel it even on the fat part of the tyre.