closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 52 of 357 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,600 of 17812

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Took my mate to collect his new Scrambler today... he’s pretty chuffed with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Took my mate to collect his new Scrambler today... he’s pretty chuffed with it..
    It's a good looker (the bike not your mate )

Master
    Blog Entries
    Old Indian

Master

Nice Cafe Racer with a Termi upgrade. I often go to Woods of Abergele as its just down the road from my mother in law. Always have some fine bikes in stock.

Nice Friday evening job to get me out of the house.

Now I'm sat while it idles hoping the heat from the engine means I don't get a soggy bottom on the way home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    It`s that time of year again where social misfits and two-wheeled reprobates riding all sorts of indescribable, filthy home-engineered creations from near and far gather at the Ogri clubhouse to party in the name of all that`s alternative.
    See you all there...
    Sounds good..........(only slightly home-engineered though!).........

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    I’ve just updated my Xdiavel to a later model..

From this 16 plate black version

To this 18 plate Grey version...

This is the bike I actually test rode, and when I took it out it had about 15 miles on the clock, I brought it back with 90, and it now has just 95 miles so pretty much a new bike..
    I love the grey with the brown seat, and the dealer did me a nice deal to swap..

Should collect during the week sometime...

I’m looking forward to see what you do with it. Seeing your bikes make me think I could do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve just updated my Xdiavel to a later model..

Should collect during the week sometime...
    Nice work - I always feel a bit better when i see other people as impulsive as i am :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    I’m looking forward to see what you do with it. Seeing your bikes make me think I could do it again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Cheers, first thing will be to swap those horrible handlebars for the ones on my current bike... might try a Tricalore green white and red stripe to add a little colour.... Oh and the Ducati script on the tank will be swapped...👍

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Old Indian

Right up my street. Love the fact these are still being maintained and more importantly, ridden. Stunning!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Nice work - I always feel a bit better when i see other people as impulsive as i am :)
    Hmmmm🤪🤪

I’m just off to J&S to see if I can get a decent Gortex coat🤔.... I got thoroughly soaked last week and had all the wrong gear on, and didn’t enjoy the experience👎👎

Master
    Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Chinnock;5113786]Right up my street. Love the fact these are still being maintained and more importantly, ridden. Stunning![/QUOTE

The Hurricane was a well ridden workhorse with old sat nav.
    The Suzuki was from 1980 used for trials.
    But I really liked the old bikes casually leant on a tree.

Nothing came in on a trailer

Last edited by bwest76; 2nd June 2019 at 10:01.

Sun shining so Brighton today. Haven't ridden the Blade since I got the Streetfighter so its her turn......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Snapped my two a couple of days ago - when they were both relatively clean...

A few months ago I went halves with a mate and bought a barn clearance of what was around sixteen bikes ranging from Triumph, AJS, Royal Enfield and BSA to a Honda Cub C90, along with boxes of various bits.

Finally got round to sorting through one tea chest of stuff and managed to build this from the bits inside:

From a quick Google, it looks like a Corgi that parachute regiments used to jump out of planes with, but this is badged as a Brockhouse. Also seen the name Welbeck. Not sure if this is a civilian version but some of the bits did come in a NATO magazine box.

Interesting bonus find though in amongst a box of old junk.
    Last edited by hhhh; 2nd June 2019 at 15:17.

^^^ Great story.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Blog Entries
    An interesting find could be valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Nice Cafe Racer with a Termi upgrade. I often go to Woods of Abergele as its just down the road from my mother in law. Always have some fine bikes in stock.
    Lovely bike and a great colour scheme

Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    A few months ago I went halves with a mate and bought a barn clearance of what was around sixteen bikes ranging from Triumph, AJS, Royal Enfield and BSA to a Honda Cub C90, along with boxes of various bits
    It`s taken 52 pages but at last we have a couple of interesting bikes: the Indian and the Brockhouse.

Blog Entries
    A few months ago I went halves with a mate and bought a barn clearance of what was around sixteen bikes ranging from Triumph, AJS, Royal Enfield and BSA to a Honda Cub C90, along with boxes of various bits.

Finally got round to sorting through one tea chest of stuff and managed to build this from the bits inside:

From a quick Google, it looks like a Corgi that parachute regiments used to jump out of planes with, but this is badged as a Brockhouse. Also seen the name Welbeck. Not sure if this is a civilian version but some of the bits did come in a NATO magazine box.

What a great find! Value aside it's the kind of thing men in sheds dream about finding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Snapped my two a couple of days ago - when they were both relatively clean...

Love the Kawasaki, had a Z1 back in the day and that certainly shares some DNA I reckon. Looks like a fun weekender.

Master

Brook house corgi were a para bike and have a good following. Dont clean it up. If you want to sell it pop it on Ebay , it will fly

Steve

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Brook house corgi were a para bike and have a good following. Dont clean it up. If you want to sell it pop it on Ebay , it will fly

Steve
    Pun intended

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Here's my new BMW R1250R. It's great!

Quote Originally Posted by FazerBoy View Post
    Here's my new BMW R1250R. It's great!

I'm making a point of not riding one as I'm more than happy with the R1200R and I'm worried that if i try one I might no longer be

The R1200r and R1250r are stonking bikes - true do-it-all well bikes.

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    I'm making a point of not riding one as I'm more than happy with the R1200R and I'm worried that if i try one I might no longer be
    I have ridden both. You are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    The R1200r and R1250r are stonking bikes - true do-it-all well bikes.
    Great bikes but the 1200 had the worst set of clocks I've seen on a bike.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post

You obviously haven't seen the 9T's

Craftsman
    Blog Entries

True. Luckily the R1250R has a large full-colour TFT screen and it really is very good.

True. Luckily the R1250R has a large full-colour TFT screen and it really is very good.
    Yeah I think it even has a different theme or look than the R1200GSA TFT I have. Really nice. Shame about the constant Bluetooth issues though. I've already had the software done once now, really can't be bothered to take it back for another 6 hours and loose a day again.

I wasn't keen when I first rode the bike and put them in touring mode for clarity. Now i'm used to them I leave them in, err, whichever one is neither sport or touring. At first it was massively busy but now i'm used to the bike it's fine.

Master
    Blog Entries

I'm not familiar with the 1200s clocks but I think that an analogue speedo is a bad choice nowadays - it takes much longer (relatively speaking!) to read your speed compared to a digital clock when keeping your eyes on the road is the important thing. I'm basing this on my experience of various Suzukis with digital clocks and then changing to a Hyabusa!

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    I'm not familiar with the 1200s clocks but I think that an analogue speedo is a bad choice nowadays - it takes much longer (relatively speaking!) to read your speed compared to a digital clock when keeping your eyes on the road is the important thing. I'm basing this on my experience of various Suzukis with digital clocks and then changing to a Hyabusa!

Absolutely - especially if you are looking for 63 (cos you know that is a real 60) for example.

But - look how prominent they are making rev-counters now. You never look at it outside the brochure or the showroom.

Master
    Just ticked over 1500 miles on this at the weekend (not 1500 miles in one weekend, dont have a kettle lead that long...)

Had a 100 miles round trip over the Wolds to the coast and parked next to one of these:

Don't think you could get much further apart evolution wise.

With a Hayabusa you would want a head up display! The TFT on BMWs are great now but on my old GSA I used my phone with Waze open as it was easiest to read.

Master
    Following a thorough soaking and a totally miserable ride last bank holiday Monday, I finally got around to buying my first set of proper Gortex gear...

The wife treated me to some Triumph branded Gortex pants and a new Dainese Carve Master 2 jacket..

Quote Originally Posted by Coot View Post
    Just ticked over 1500 miles on this at the weekend (not 1500 miles in one weekend, dont have a kettle lead that long...)

Had a 100 miles round trip over the Wolds to the coast and parked next to one of these:

Don't think you could get much further apart evolution wise.
    That reminds me of the time I encountered a steam traction engine on a narrow country lane whilst in my electric van.

I had exactly the same thought!

Master
    Blog Entries
    If you read this, I have had my copy since I was 20.
    You might be surprised to find things mentioned that are now commonplace.

https://www.google.co.uk/shopping/pr...846277950,cs:1

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I think it even has a different theme or look than the R1200GSA TFT I have. Really nice. Shame about the constant Bluetooth issues though. I've already had the software done once now, really can't be bothered to take it back for another 6 hours and loose a day again.
    Here's the TFT screen...(apologies for out of focus image):

Here's the TFT screen...(apologies for out of focus image):

Here's mine. Apologies for the filth! Would be nice to be able to choose what's on display etc. And more than two settings on the heated grips would also be nice.
    Last edited by wileeeeeey; 3rd June 2019 at 18:50.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Here's mine. Apologies for the filth! Would be nice to be able to choose what's on display etc. And more than two settings on the heated grips would also be nice.
    You need my fundraiser offer of loads of bike cleaning materials ;)

TFT does look good, but the lack of ‘customisability’ of the display is disappointing. For all those that can’t read a dial speedo quickly, is that age related ?!

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    TFT does look good, but the lack of ‘customisability’ of the display is disappointing.
    I think there is a fair amount of ‘customisability’ of the display. I’ve only just got the bike so haven’t delved fully into it but there are definitely various options for the look of the display and the information shown...

The TFT looks ok, but for those bikes where it's an option, it's a £600 option!!! Surely a TFT is less expensive to manufacture than a electromechanical instrument set these days???
    Last edited by Gyp; 3rd June 2019 at 19:19.

Master
    Blog Entries
    TFT does look good, but the lack of ‘customisability’ of the display is disappointing. For all those that can’t read a dial speedo quickly, is that age related ?!
    I like a dial,though I have marked with a silver sharpie 30,60 and 70 on the case for a better view.

All this stuff looks like a branch of Dixons to me. My Dyna speedo’s been broken for 5 years. Never look at them really... ( no it’s not THAT slow )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I am going for MOT in the morning then going over to reading for a burger and to view the vintage bikes.
    The weather forecast is scorchio.
    I'm riding up from Bristol for this one on Saturday. Maybe see one or two of you there.

Sent from my SM-T800 using TZ-UK mobile app

You need my fundraiser offer of loads of bike cleaning materials ;)

I was thinking about it but I have a garage full of it which hasn't been used!
    I'm 33!
    I think there is a fair amount of ‘customisability’ of the display. I’ve only just got the bike so haven’t delved fully into it but there are definitely various options for the look of the display and the information shown...
    Ok mine there is none. You can change the top line from total mileage to trip, PSI, range etc but that's beyond basic and not what anyone would call customisable.