closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 310 of 354 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320 ... LastLast
Results 15,451 to 15,500 of 17677

Thread: More bike related stuff

You guys watching the TT?

I think Dunlop is going to win at least 4 races this week. He could even beat Joey's record this week.

Amazing performance in the Superbike race. Not bad for McGuinness either at 51

The on-bike footage on ITV4 is even better this year.
    Last edited by andy tims; 6th June 2023 at 13:59.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I caught up with the super sport race yesterday evening and will watch another one or two tonight.

The footage is excellent but I do find the timing a bit confusing; they’re comparing times though sections and only total race time at certain points so it can be difficult to follow closely.

I’m following Jamie Coward’s progress as he’s the son of a mate of mine when we first got into bikes in the late seventies.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by andy tims View Post
    What do we all think of these protective riding shirts?

I guess I'm not the target market, but HOW BLOODY MUCH? I've just had an email from Moto Legends and the HELD Woodland shirt is £344!!

I'd sooner buy a jacket
    I got the same email and went through EXACTLY the same reactions.

I guess I'm not the target market, but HOW BLOODY MUCH? I've just had an email from Moto Legends and the HELD Woodland shirt is £344!!

I'd sooner buy a jacket
    I picked up an Alpinestars Newman recently for about £130. I do really like it but I also got the Moto Legends email and couldn’t see me paying that much!

I'd sooner buy a jacket

I bought one off these a few weeks back. Superb bit of kit and well priced, relatively speaking. Haven’t worn anything else on the bike since.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/roland-...hirt-sage.html

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Been using one of these for the last 3 years, on all the time

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AUXITO-Ligh.../dp/B092SHMWQZ

Thanks taking a look it seems I may have to modify to fit,will do some research.

Master
    Been riding the 500 through the Black Forest today- absolutely stunning views

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hhhh View Post
    I bought one off these a few weeks back. Superb bit of kit and well priced, relatively speaking. Haven’t worn anything else on the bike since.

https://www.urbanrider.co.uk/roland-...hirt-sage.html
    I like that but not available in my size☹️ so I’ve gone with the Merlin Brody in Green..

https://www.merlinbikegear.shop/coll...42004966932661

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    This has got to be worth some pics! Whereabouts in the black forest are you?

Master
    I thought that was all restricted now to remove any fun factor?

Quote Originally Posted by I a n View Post
    I thought that was all restricted now to remove any fun factor?

3 of us did a sizeable chunk of the B500 back in 2010 I think and at the end of the day, queried “Was that IT?”

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    This has got to be worth some pics! Whereabouts in the black forest are you?
    I’m exactly here tonight https://maps.apple.com/?address=Lind...20Location&t=m
    I think the max speeds 62 mph - I’m prepared to be flamed but just enjoying the fantastic scenery and mountain air
    300(ish) KM today from Kaiserslautern
    This hotel’s literary end of the line

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    3 of us did a sizeable chunk of the B500 back in 2010 I think and at the end of the day, queried “Was that IT?”
    Thats what I thought, it was the road riding equivalent of drinking Earl grey tea.

Though some side roads where OK and the beer is always the best,couldnt find any Schnellimbiss in that area either.

I’m exactly here tonight https://maps.apple.com/?address=Lind...20Location&t=m
    I think the max speeds 62 mph - I’m prepared to be flamed but just enjoying the fantastic scenery and mountain air
    300(ish) KM today from Kaiserslautern
    This hotel’s literary end of the line
    I love that area. Head down to Todtmoos and have a beer at the Kneiper Klimperkasten at the bottom of Kirchberstaße. Great bikers pub and some great roads around there too!

Came very close to buying another bike tonight.

They're like watches. There's always room for just one more.

Came very close to buying another bike tonight.

They're like watches. There's always room for just one more.
    Come on, spill…

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Come on, spill…
    Was discussing/considering/negotiating for a Street Triple 765 RS Moto 2.

I know it would be totally impractical and uncomfortable after a fairly short time with the low handlebar riding position, but having seen them in the metal they are something very special indeed.

Thankfully (I think) the owner rode it again and decided to withdraw it from sale and keep it so I'm not working out how to explain the metal in the garage and the hole in the bank account to Mrs Gyp when she returns from holiday.

Was discussing/considering/negotiating for a Street Triple 765 RS Moto 2.

I know it would be totally impractical and uncomfortable after a fairly short time with the low handlebar riding position, but having seen them in the metal they are something very special indeed.

Thankfully (I think) the owner rode it again and decided to withdraw it from sale and keep it so I'm not working out how to explain the metal in the garage and the hole in the bank account to Mrs Gyp when she returns from holiday.
    Yes, a wonderful bike, but probably not the most practical. I'm sure your back will thank you for reigning yourself in.

More bike related stuff

Not many reviews around of them due to them all selling out quick. With those clip on’s I’m sure the riding position would become quite uncomfortable but I could be wrong, loving my RS model though and just waiting for the cruise controls to come back into stock in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Well that’s a spanner in the works, I had planned to meet up with a pal for a ride in the morning. Just took her out for a little run in preparation and managed to pick this up along the way.

Anyone have an opinion whether it could be a repair or will it have to be a new tyre? I’m gutted, they’ve only been on the bike for a few hundred miles.

The tyre is being changed as we speak and this is what came out of it!!

That`s quite an object to pick up in a tyre but the question is, how on earth did a glow plug get on the road?
    Is there a vehicle out there which has shat one out and is running rather badly or do you think it was chucked/discarded?

Master
    Could have been left under a bonnet after a change
    Nearly 400km today - Comel to Reims 31°

Oh. I seem to have spent another £300 with Motone Customs

Master
    Oh. I seem to have spent another £300 with Motone Customs
    It’s easily done..😎

While waiting for my carbs, I accidentally spent £170 on fuel taps, throttle cables, clutch cable and badges.

The new taps flow far better than the old ones so it's possible that they were the problem, not the carbs...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    That`s quite an object to pick up in a tyre but the question is, how on earth did a glow plug get on the road?
    Is there a vehicle out there which has shat one out and is running rather badly or do you think it was chucked/discarded?
    still got the cable retaining nut on it so i dont think it fell out of an engine.as said must have been left under a bonnet.i ran my own garage business for 30 years and i have taken all sorts out of tyres, some you couldnt knock in with a hammer if you tried!.better luck this time and i hope you have a great weekend on your new bike.i will be bimbling around the villages on my 1961 AJS 650 or my old 1970 bonnie...
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 10th June 2023 at 08:12.

While waiting for my carbs, I accidentally spent £170 on fuel taps, throttle cables, clutch cable and badges.

The new taps flow far better than the old ones so it's possible that they were the problem, not the carbs...
    Even if so, the new carbs can only be a good thing.

Had a little ride to meet an old mate at a nice viewing point (Newlands Corner) before it got too busy and too hot.
    The bacon butty and coffee were good too

Managed 175 miles through Wales today. Stayed off the major roads and stuck to the twisties. Just glorious.

Bit quicker than I was really comfortable with, but wanted to get home before the storm.

A bit of a mixed bag with the bike today. I managed to get some extra cable through after lifting the tank to tidy up the new bar install. The under bar mirrors that were supposed to go with them were half a success, the left mirror just can’t be mounted in a way that it doesn’t hit the tank before full lock, which I’m not happy about but they came from France and I can’t imagine that conversation being a straightforward one and the SW-Motech Legend rail wasn’t compatible with the new Ohlins, so they will need returning.

What a superb couple of hours ride testing the mirror though

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    A bit of a mixed bag with the bike today. I managed to get some extra cable through after lifting the tank to tidy up the new bar install. The under bar mirrors that were supposed to go with them were half a success, the left mirror just can’t be mounted in a way that it doesn’t hit the tank before full lock, which I’m not happy about but they came from France and I can’t imagine that conversation being a straightforward one and the SW-Motech Legend rail wasn’t compatible with the new Ohlins, so they will need returning.

What a superb couple of hours ride testing the mirror though
    Can you pop a spacer on the bar end of the errant mirror or will this make the tank contact worse. I used some 6mm spacers on my KTM as I could “ feel” the ends of the mirror by my little finger

Cracking day, so planned a run out on my R-1...............

Off the optimate, pushed out the garage. tried to start it.............. click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,cl ick,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,clic k,click....................... Bugger !!!

Bunged it on a charger, but it ain't lifting the battery. SO - new battery ordered and no bike run

Might manage to shoehorn another battery in for tomorrow.

Grrrrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Can you pop a spacer on the bar end of the errant mirror or will this make the tank contact worse. I used some 6mm spacers on my KTM as I could “ feel” the ends of the mirror by my little finger
    I’ve tried two different sized spacers, individually and together. I will probably go back to it another day and try something else but I just can’t see a way to make it work? Ive got it as good as I can for now, I just need to be mindful when manoeuvring the bike at slow speeds. I’ve emailed them and will see what they say.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by greasemonkey View Post
    still got the cable retaining nut on it so i dont think it fell out of an engine.as said must have been left under a bonnet.i ran my own garage business for 30 years and i have taken all sorts out of tyres, some you couldnt knock in with a hammer if you tried!.better luck this time and i hope you have a great weekend on your new bike.i will be bimbling around the villages on my 1961 AJS 650 or my old 1970 bonnie...

Lovely just lovely.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    Lovely just lovely.
    thank you,the bonnie i have owned since 1977,gave it a full cosmetic restoration last year.the AJS is a relative newcomer ,came to me in 1987.

Master
    Blog Entries
    thank you,the bonnie i have owned since 1977,gave it a full cosmetic restoration last year.the AJS is a relative newcomer ,came to me in 1987.
    This is regarded as the new Cassington by many of us lots of old Brit iron on display normally its old school.

picture upload sites

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cassington itself is fast approaching, its a friend of mine on the header for the FB page.

photo sharing

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Cracking day, so planned a run out on my R-1...............

Off the optimate, pushed out the garage. tried to start it.............. click,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,cl ick,click,click,click,click,click,click,click,clic k,click....................... Bugger !!!

Bunged it on a charger, but it ain't lifting the battery. SO - new battery ordered and no bike run

Might manage to shoehorn another battery in for tomorrow.

Grrrrrr!
    My gixer did the same thing today. The battery isn’t even a year old. I had to take this asthmatic old plugger out instead.

I had a similar problem a while back when I was setting off for a TZ biker meet on my Fireblade. Turned out it was the stator. The mechanic said he'd never seen one that was so knackered andworn out before!

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    I had a similar problem a while back when I was setting off for a TZ biker meet on my Fireblade. Turned out it was the stator. The mechanic said he'd never seen one that was so knackered andworn out before!
    I have a rotor/stator upgrade to fit, but thankfully for now - it's just the battery.

I’ve also had problems with my new T120. I set off on a ride yesterday, and found that every time I opened up the throttle in third gear I had an almost complete loss of power. The dealership is collecting the bike on Tuesday and I’m sure it will be a simple ECU-related fix, but it’s quite annoying as I was going to attempt a slightly longer ride today given that I feel slightly better.

I’ll update once I know what the issue is/was!

I’ve also had problems with my new T120. I set off on a ride yesterday, and found that every time I opened up the throttle in third gear I had an almost complete loss of power. The dealership is collecting the bike on Tuesday and I’m sure it will be a simple ECU-related fix, but it’s quite annoying as I was going to attempt a slightly longer ride today given that I feel slightly better.

I’ll update once I know what the issue is/was!
    That’s not good on a brand new bike!

I’m sure it will be a simple fix as you say but it still shouldn’t happen.

I hope it gets sorted quickly Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    That’s not good on a brand new bike!

I’m sure it will be a simple fix as you say but it still shouldn’t happen.

I hope it gets sorted quickly Tony.
    Thanks Dave, and agreed. Very annoying.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    My gixer did the same thing today. The battery isn’t even a year old. I had to take this asthmatic old plugger out instead.

Stunning! I would sell a kidney to have a Velocette.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post

Asthmatic old plugger? How very dare you, it's a beauty! Your ignition may be a bit to far advanced hence the blueing of the header.

It may not be of course and it could be historical but I thought I'd mention it!

Another couple of beauties, love the routing of the crankcase breather on the Bonnie!

Master
    Blog Entries
    I expect you Triumph boys are allready aware of this company?

Some bits may suit you though mainly for bobbers, I think those twisted pipes are terrible booth look and purpose.

My advice going abroad put the baffle in as its not just fines nowadays.

Sometimes they wont let you carry on until the exhaust is correct especially Germany and good luck arguing with a German/French policeman.

Of course with the internet someone on FB always gives you ive been riding 50 years in Europe and never been stopped

I am putting my baffle back my Akra in permanently and getting it re jetted (carbs).

https://thorntonhundredmotorcycles.c...RoCcWoQAvD_BwE

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    I expect you Triumph boys are allready aware of this company?
    As a serial bobber owner I suspect I’m in the minority (as usual) but I’m yet to see a Thornton Hundred Bobber that I actually like. All I see is overpriced tat, and anti social bikes. Their number plate holder is £950 quid lolz… but I suspect the hipsters will lap it up..浪浪

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    As a serial bobber owner I suspect I’m in the minority (as usual) but I’m yet to see a Thornton Hundred Bobber that I actually like. All I see is overpriced tat, and anti social bikes. Their number plate holder is £950 quid lolz… but I suspect the hipsters will lap it up..浪浪

Thats a relief as thats what I think as well,I just didnt want to upset you Bobbers.

I mean those pipes are just awful.

Not a fan of the pipes but I think the rest of the bike looks fantastic. I may be in the minority though as I love Bobbers and Streetfighters.