closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 267 of 358 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317 ... LastLast
Results 13,301 to 13,350 of 17892

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Kairos, no wish to derail this thread but that reference of yours to covid doesn’t reflect well on you. Seriously, edit your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos View Post
    I used to be doing this 7 days a week for most of the year, but the chinky flu put paid to most of it
    What an absolute twat you are

I picked the bike up yesterday and had a 30 mile ride home, then it was locked away as we had to head out to our friends 25th anniversary celebration. That worked out well as we passed by the Triumph dealership in Watford to pick up some bar end mirrors and finishers.

Hopefully, we will get home in time for me to fit them and get out for a ride. We were up against the clock yesterday, so I only managed a couple of quick snaps on collection.

First impression is that there is a lot to like about this bike and with plenty of options for an amateur like myself to have a go at a few simple modifications, I’m looking forward to spending a bit of time in the garage whiling away a few hours with the spanners.

Can't go wrong with Triumph's modern classics, Craig. Enjoy - I'm sure you'll love it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Escalating the situation and quoting the original comment isn’t needed👎

Shropshire yesterday to photograph this one for BSH.

Worcester today to do an Indian Larry tribute and a GSXR chop. Good to have some return to normal, I used to be doing this 7 days a week for most of the year, but the chinky flu put paid to most of it so now I make the most of the jobs I do get.

while i dont get the whole 'harley' thing (except maybe as a 3rd or 4th bike ) i do appreciate the work put into some of them and thats a very nice custom job - looks like the paint work has been done using the clingfilm tech ( spray over base colour then put clingfilm on top while its wet and move it about , ive seen them done this way before then candy coated - if indeed this was what was done on this bike )

Last edited by pugster; 14th August 2022 at 12:10.

Craftsman
    Beautiful ride out to Haytor this morning on my trusty steed =)

Quote Originally Posted by pugster View Post
    while i dont get the whole 'harley' thing (except maybe as a 3rd or 4th bike ) i do appreciate the work put into some of them and thats a very nice custom job - looks like the paint work has been done using the clingfilm tech ( spray over base colour then put clingfilm on top while its wet and move it about , ive seen them done this way before then candy coated - if indeed this was what was done on this bike )

I'm not sure why you feel that Harleys need to be "got", but that's a cracking video (every day's a school day).

Cracking pictures of an interesting bike...and great, if unusual, to see proper mudguards on this style bike.

Deliberating extensively after various test rides on everything from a Panigale to a Trident I've come to the conclusion that a naked bike probably now suits me best. Given that there are numerous options out there is wasn't as easy as it may have seemed to choose, and even though I wanted a V Twin for the soundtrack, I've settled on an inline-three-cylinder.

I also wanted something which would make me look again as I walked away from it. It's a slightly left-field option, but it promises to be fun in the Alps.

The aftermarket red bits are going to swapped back for the black, rear footpads removed to tidy up the rear end, and possibly a side-mounted plate holder fitted.

And I think it looks great from behind.

I'll take some better photos from all angles on a rideout in a couple of weeks, possibly going over the border into Italy for a few days.

Web photo

Last edited by OldHooky; 14th August 2022 at 15:15.

I've been going out most evenings, once it cooled down, to build up the mileage for the 1st service; for a change I went out early this morning - it was a very pleasant 20 degrees when I left and was up to 30 by the time I got home
    Anyway, required mileage completed so it can rain all it likes for the next few days

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I've been going out most evenings, once it cooled down, to build up the mileage for the 1st service; for a change I went out early this morning - it was a very pleasant 20 degrees when I left and was up to 30 by the time I got home
    Anyway, required mileage completed so it can rain all it likes for the next few days

Keep meaning to drop down to the 1066- my riding partners off next week so could be an excuse- if the weather holds- and obviously Dungeness lighthouse- just down the road (ish) from me

I managed to get out on all three bikes this weekend: my 22 year old R850GS did a great job shuttling me and the mrs over to see my father after work on Friday afternoon.

My little Piaggio Liberty 125 was very handy whizzing over to a friend's birthday in East London, where i could stick it in an innocuous spot and forget about it (even in Forest Gate).

This morning, i did 80 miles on my S1000RR - I am finding myself getting more and more distracted by the lean indicator - constantly playing a game with myself to increase the lean angle... I must watch myself!

All this Harley chat is very interesting to observe - my best riding buddy is considering a switch from his S1000R to a 'Fat Bob'. He has assured me that they handle well and are quick enough, but i cannot get over the price for such a basic bike.

I have managed to convinced him to ride an R Nine T (I used to have one a few years ago), but i have no doubt that he will make the switch in the next few years. I will be interested to see how many Harley riders switch back to another bike, or become Harley for life (as it strikes me as a decision that one makes after experiencing the speed and riding position of more athletic bikes, therefore an unlikely move to revert back)

ride safe all

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Master
    Anyway, required mileage completed so it can rain all it likes for the next few days :
    Does this mean after the first service the rev limiter is lifter and the bonkers zone revealed?

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Does this mean after the first service the rev limiter is lifter and the bonkers zone revealed?
    There's no electronic limiter, just self control
    After the service there will be less checking the rev counter and more twist of the throttle

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Keep meaning to drop down to the 1066- my riding partners off next week so could be an excuse- if the weather holds- and obviously Dungeness lighthouse- just down the road (ish) from me
    Let me know if you do decide to go there (either/both 1066 and Dungeness) and I might be able to catch up for a cuppa.

Quote Originally Posted by oliverte View Post
    I managed to get out on all three bikes this weekend: my 22 year old R850GS did a great job shuttling me and the mrs over to see my father after work on Friday afternoon.

My little Piaggio Liberty 125 was very handy whizzing over to a friend's birthday in East London, where i could stick it in an innocuous spot and forget about it (even in Forest Gate).

This morning, i did 80 miles on my S1000RR - I am finding myself getting more and more distracted by the lean indicator - constantly playing a game with myself to increase the lean angle... I must watch myself!

All this Harley chat is very interesting to observe - my best riding buddy is considering a switch from his S1000R to a 'Fat Bob'. He has assured me that they handle well and are quick enough, but i cannot get over the price for such a basic bike.

I have managed to convinced him to ride an R Nine T (I used to have one a few years ago), but i have no doubt that he will make the switch in the next few years. I will be interested to see how many Harley riders switch back to another bike, or become Harley for life (as it strikes me as a decision that one makes after experiencing the speed and riding position of more athletic bikes, therefore an unlikely move to revert back)

ride safe all

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk
    I've had lean angles available on two bikes (Multistrada and GS) and the pursuit of greater angles can be addictive...I managed 60 degrees on the GS, but that was while stationary

That's nothing, I've done 90 degrees plus on my GS off road a few times! :)

I found time to change the mirrors and get out for a run this evening, definitely a case of the right bike at the right time for me.

Master
    Did Liverpool-Bala-Barmouth and back today in that heat. Was a good ride but roads were busy!

What do you guys use for tail bags. I just want something small 10-15 litres maybe to fit on the rack thing on the back of my bike.

No experience at all with these luggage laden bikes

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigweb View Post
    Did Liverpool-Bala-Barmouth and back today in that heat. Was a good ride but roads were busy!

What do you guys use for tail bags. I just want something small 10-15 litres maybe to fit on the rack thing on the back of my bike.

No experience at all with these luggage laden bikes

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk
    I dint know what tail bag specifically fits your bike but look at Kriega. Not cheap but having used their gear i would never buy anything else and customer service that is second to none.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    That's nothing, I've done 90 degrees plus on my GS off road a few times! :)

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Why? What is wrong with the pictures? I thought this was the motorcycle part of the forum.

Just finished editing the first of Sunday's shoots. An Indian Larry tribute built and painted by Flakey Dave who has his studio in Bromsgrove.

Master
    Why? What is wrong with the pictures? I thought this was the motorcycle part of the forum.
    Nothing wrong with your pictures. As I said, immediately after your post,

“Kairos, no wish to derail this thread but that reference of yours to covid doesn’t reflect well on you. Seriously, edit your last post.”

But you already know that you were called out because of your casual racism.

Four more sleeps

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    Nothing wrong with your pictures. As I said, immediately after your post,

“Kairos, no wish to derail this thread but that reference of yours to covid doesn’t reflect well on you. Seriously, edit your last post.”

But you already know that you were called out because of your casual racism.
    Dear God, what has society come to when a bit of casual banter has to be withdrawn. Grow a pair of shoulders and some thicker skin, for chrissake. You'll be telling me I can't say 'queer' next. I had no idea bikers had become so soft and sensitive. So no, I will not be editing my completely harmless comment or pandering to this PC nonsense where people get offended on behalf of others: sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never harm me.

Blog Entries
    Just finished editing the first of Sunday's shoots. An Indian Larry tribute built and painted by Flakey Dave who has his studio in Bromsgrove.

Great looking bike, always liked that style.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Let me know if you do decide to go there (either/both 1066 and Dungeness) and I might be able to catch up for a cuppa.
    Definitely will do

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Four more sleeps

Torture!

Hope the time passes quickly for you =)

Master

Kairos

I’m not going to get into a spat over it, but this is probably the best thread on TZ and certainly the friendliest. We have members here from all ethnic and cultural backgrounds, and I’m sorry to say that your term regarding Covid is just as offensive as using the N word or P word.

I’m no snowflake but you’re out of order and need to tone it down a bit.

That’s all I have to say on the matter, as I’d much rather chat about bikes and biking matters.

Master
    Enoch, thanks for saying that. It needed to be said. There’s no place for that language here or anywhere else. It belongs to a bygone era and should remain consigned to history. Can I also say that I’ve never ridden a motorcycle in my life and never will. But I still enjoy following this thread, especially the pictures.

This and the dog thread are hands down the two best threads on TZ.

Let’s keep on track and move forward. No need to test skin thickness or double check which decade we’re now in.

The race system repaired and brushed by the local polishers. Didn't want the blingy mirror finish

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Master
    That finish looks great. Much nicer than shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by blackie View Post
    The race system repaired and brushed by the local polishers. Didn't want the blingy mirror finish
    Looks like you've got a bit of "hammer-rash" there..............

A trip out. Different lands, somewhere darnsarf... to get my bike blessed (am I allowed to use pseudo accent stereotyping? Or is that also against modern thinking? I really don't know what is and isn't anymore.)

Blog Entries
    59 Club I presume.

A trip out. Different lands, somewhere darnsarf... to get my bike blessed (am I allowed to use pseudo accent stereotyping? Or is that also against modern thinking? I really don't know what is and isn't anymore.)

Craftsman
    ...to get my bike blessed...

Interesting.

That's a new one on me.

Cool =)

I thought your bike meet was sponsered by Chupa Chups!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    I thought your bike meet was sponsered by Chupa Chups!
    Why?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Why?
    Look at his hand :)

Master
    Ordered this today..😎

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Ordered this today..

That's gonna bring a lot of smiles!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That's gonna bring a lot of smiles!
    That’s the plan…. Fit all my goodies off the old one and enjoy😎. Can’t collect until mid Sept though as got a bit of other stuff going on👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Ordered this today..
    Very nice!

Must admit, I've lost track of what's in your stable these days, Enoch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Very nice!

Must admit, I've lost track of what's in your stable these days, Enoch.
    XDiavel
    TMax
    Honda Forza 350 (will be sold)
    Speedmaster (when it arrives)

Anyone wanting a nice Honda for the winter give me a shout…. Less than 3 months old 1900 miles, 90 mpg👍

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Look at his hand :)
    Doh, never even saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    59 Club I presume.
    Indeed. And then on to the Brighton Burnup, which was a bit of a disappointment actually. Mostly standard bikes, not many specials at all, of any style.

More bike related stuff

Been having fun since she arrived.

Toured our old Guildford haunts with my mate on his Rocket and I can’t believe how fantastic the handling is on the X-Diavel. The cornering, power, acceleration and comfort is bloody amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Don’t look back, you’re not heading that way.”