closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 236 of 357 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 11,751 to 11,800 of 17837

Thread: More bike related stuff

Considering upgrading the horn on the GS.
    Are the Denali Soundbombs really that much louder than say the twin hi/lo tone horn jobbies found on cars?

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Are the Denali Soundbombs really that much louder than say the twin hi/lo tone horn jobbies found on cars?
    Yes - incredibly loud and effective.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Even more so if you upgrade the wiring - Eastern Beaver horn kit.

Master
    Perhaps I should fit a Denali horn to the Speedmaster.

My mate dropped his KTM off for me to fit some heated grips, so I let him borrow my Speedy to go home on. 1 mile from his house an idiot in a Mazda pulled out of a junction and took his front wheel away🙁
    Luckily he got away with a bruised ankle and was a bit shook up..

Minimal damage to the bike…

Master
    Damn, sounds like it could have been a lot worse but upsetting all the same for your mate and you.

On Sunday I rode the Blade to our new house (the vendor has kindly let us bring exterior stuff ahead of move day this Friday).

Even in the cold damp murky conditions of the ride I loved it. Really smitten with this bike. There's so much value to be had in bikes of this vintage that are modern enough to ride well and be reliable, but are relatively inexpensive.

Master
    Good info here on the new Tiger 1200...

Definitely a contender when the time comes to replace my GS. I really like the look of the Tiger GT Explorer - a GSA competitor without any real off-road features.

tail bag/ seat bag

Does anyone have any recommendations for one, that can be left on all the time and fit a full face helmet?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Does anyone have any recommendations for one, that can be left on all the time and fit a full face helmet?

thanks
    Pacsafe used to make an 'Exomesh' tail pack (with anti-theft cable and stainless mesh to prevent slicing open) - but it is out of production now.

You might pick one up on a bike forum or ebay, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    I would rather believe that a triangle of lights helps make me more visible to other road users and pedestrians, in most circumstances. However, with a bright low sun behind you almost nothing is going to make much difference to oncoming traffic.
    Agreed - I have a full HID conversion (from H7) and 2 x Denali at the bottom of the front forks and as well as being able to see in the dark much better I have certainly noticed far more cars moving aside when lane splitting etc. Of course the onus is still on me to watch out for other traffic, and I get the issues around additional lights (riding in the late 80s I heard the horror stories of people seeing a twin headlight FZR/GSXR and belieiving it was a car at further distance).

Quote Originally Posted by kildareman View Post
    Even more so if you upgrade the wiring - Eastern Beaver horn kit.
    Brilliant ! I relayed my H7 headlight and it made a huge difference but would never think to relay the horn !

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Pacsafe used to make an 'Exomesh' tail pack (with anti-theft cable and stainless mesh to prevent slicing open) - but it is out of production now.

You might pick one up on a bike forum or ebay, I guess.

cheers will take a look

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post

thanks
    Yep, I have a sw motech one on my 1250 gs that expands to take my helmet
    Zipper pulls have loops to put a padlock through too…think it goes 24-36 litres
    Very good bit of kit

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Yep, I have a sw motech one on my 1250 gs that expands to take my helmet
    Zipper pulls have loops to put a padlock through too…think it goes 24-36 litres
    Very good bit of kit
    Does that fit on the rack or seat?

Very short Motorcycle Live review:-

Quieter than I'd expected - not quite as packed as it has been in previous years

Most of the major manufacturers were displaying except for Yamaha who haven't got any 2022 stock in the country yet.

Even though they don't seem to get much footfall, the lower cost far eastern manufacturers are definitely getting there in larger numbers.

The electric bike market was well represented too, though the range they can cover at the moment means they are still only really likely going to appeal to town commuters - quite why Zero have produced a fully faired "tourer" with luggage but a range of 72 miles and a charge time of 90 minutes minimum but typically 300 minutes is a mystery.

Bikes that stood out for me (good, bad and ugly):-

Royal Enfield Meteor 350 - seriously good value transport. It may only be 20bhp, but with a comfortable riding position, ABS and GPS for under £4k can't be argued with.

BSA Gold Star - I only heard that BSA were starting up again (under Indian ownership), but the bikes looked pretty well put together and definitely ticked the retro boxes (though the radiator was a bit on the bulky side)

BMW CE 04 - very "Tron", but nowhere near enough range and still rather pricey

Triumph Rocket 3 & GT - lovely attention to detail

Norton V4SC - much prettier in the metal than it is in pictured but too expensive for me

Honda NT1100 - I had high hopes for this but less pretty in the metal than in pictures. I'd still have the Africa Twin over the NT because of the looks

Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT - like the Honda NT, I was really keen to see it but disappointed when I did.

Tiger 1200 - still huge. I think a lot of people will go in to the showroom after one of these and, unless they are desperate for a shaft, come out with the 900

I'm sure there was far more that I noticed and will no doubt remember over time, but I suppose the real stand out thing for me is the breadth of what's available, with basic transport built very much to a budget from a couple of thousand pounds, to exquisite hand-build exotica at twenty times that and more. It's definitely not getting cheaper though, unless you're wiling to sacrifice build quality somewhat.

Oh, and sad to say that motorcycling seems very much to attract those with hidden illnesses and disabilities, as I reckon 40% or so of those there deemed themselves unable to wear a face covering. Such a shame.

Craftsman

Evel Knievel- “Absolute Evel” 2005

Guess this is bike related.
    Quite long.

https://youtu.be/4GEStca5lXc

Went to the Sammy Miller museum at the weekend. What a great bikers dream!
    The old stuff is not really my thing but you really do have to marvel at the engineering.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Last edited by manganr; 13th December 2021 at 16:32.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Went to the Sammy Miller museum at the weekend. What a great bikers dream!
    The old stuff is not really my thing but you really do have to marvel at the engineering.

Great isn’t it!
    I’m 3 miles from there- we should have met!

Now you tell me! Next time Goat. Will definitely visit again. Particularly great to see the Triumph Tiger. My dad had the very same bike. From a photo on my wall......

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Great isn’t it!
    I’m 3 miles from there- we should have met!
    We visited in Feb 2020 , the extension was still being built. The range and quality of bikes was outstanding. At the time of visiting there were two non runners , every other bike was started up and run for various events. They explained they have a rota wherby each bike is cleaned eg dusted every four weeks. Furthermore each bike is deep cleaned regularly. Whilst we were there the builders were knocking down walls ,yet the bikes were spotless.

He has some early prototypes too, I photographed a Triumph Bandit SS , what looks to be a twin cam twin. Apparently canned by the visionary mgt of Triumph in the day

Then of course the man himself was working on a project in one of the side garages. He popped out at lunchtime to fill his flask from the cafe. His wall of trophies is worth a visit just to see on its own.

Highly recommended.

Yes, the 'wall of trophies'. I thought he was a trials champion. He's done everything! Truly a legend.

Master
    Brilliant evening at M4 Karting on the pitbike with some pals who race. So much fun and applicable to riding the big bike - hopefully keep me sharp ready for next year's track days!

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    The Centenario before heading home on the back roads last night. Sweet Jesus but they were muchy. Now it needs a mega wash!!

I had to go to Stoke earlier this afternoon so obviously went via the Cat&Fiddle and Leek...

Master

Cool Snowdonia

150 miles around Snowdonia today….most agreeable👍👍😎

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kildareman View Post
    The Centenario before heading home on the back roads last night. Sweet Jesus but they were muchy. Now it needs a mega wash!!

That looks very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    I had to go to Stoke earlier this afternoon so obviously went via the Cat&Fiddle and Leek...

That bike looks very at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    150 miles around Snowdonia today….most agreeable

Super...lush

Master
    150 miles around Snowdonia today….most agreeable
    Andrew no “wing men “ in the photos, does this mean you are on the mend :)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Andrew no “wing men “ in the photos, does this mean you are on the mend :)
    Don’t want to tempt fate, but touch wood, I’m feeling almost like I was before it all went haywire…👍👍

Since I started riding again (around Sept) I’ve done 2k on the Ducati, 1.5k on the Rocket and almost 2k on the Speedmaster.. in all weathers and much of it on my own😈

Glad to read that Enoch, Christmas should help put a few KG on you, not just a few K on the bikes !

Blog Entries
    Don’t want to tempt fate, but touch wood, I’m feeling almost like I was before it all went haywire…

Since I started riding again (around Sept) I’ve done 2k on the Ducati, 1.5k on the Rocket and almost 2k on the Speedmaster.. in all weathers and much of it on my own
    That's really good news, glad you're feeling better. Hats off to you doing those miles in all weathers, I'm Mr Fair Weather Wimp these days!
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Don’t want to tempt fate, but touch wood, I’m feeling almost like I was before it all went haywire…

Since I started riding again (around Sept) I’ve done 2k on the Ducati, 1.5k on the Rocket and almost 2k on the Speedmaster.. in all weathers and much of it on my own
    Makes my yesterday’s 10 miler to “charge the battery up” seem pathetic. Well done for getting out and spreading the enthusiasm across the bikes.

Steve

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Makes my yesterday’s 10 miler to “charge the battery up” seem pathetic. Well done for getting out and spreading the enthusiasm across the bikes.

Steve
    Thanks everyone👍

Just off to Woods to pick up a new rear tail light for the ducati. £98 quid for a complete LED unit….👎What was wrong with a £0.50p bulb??

Bike due its first MOT next week😎😎

Great to hear you are back in the saddle Enoch

Great news Andy!

Good to hear.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

As some might say .....

Last edited by DibbleCorse; 23rd December 2021 at 16:34.

I'm sure it's practical but if ever a bike didn’t suit a topbox the Hypermotard is it! I imagine it's an abs blast though!

Master
    I'm sure it's practical but if ever a bike didn’t suit a topbox the Hypermotard is it! I imagine it's an abs blast though!
    Got to agree, a Kriega rack bag, even a small Pelli case, but a Givi butty box, no sorry its not right"…………………Unless he has filled it with bags of sand, then its wheelies in 1st, 2nd 3rd and probably 4 th
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by DibbleCorse View Post
    As some might say .....

The best pizza delivery bike known to man....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Its the Hyperstrada and not the Hypermotard, even has panniers but I don't use them, and for my regular Reading to SE London trips it's the ideal weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Red Steve View Post
    The best pizza delivery bike known to man....

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
    I am Italian .. lol

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire

More bike related stuff

Don’t want to tempt fate, but touch wood, I’m feeling almost like I was before it all went haywireŸ˜ˆ
    Thats fantastic to hear Andy. I wish I had your liking for riding all seasons but you know me, fair weather only. Anyway, I’m sure our paths will cross next year round Wales somewhere, and it’’ will be good to catch up.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    As some might say .....

Probably the only location in England where an ugly top box blends into the environment.
    I hate top boxes on sporty bikes.

But i probably hate rucksacks more.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalic Mud View Post
    Probably the only location in England where an ugly top box blends into the environment.
    It wasn`t until the first mention of a topbox that i realised there was one fitted to the bike - it seems to blend in with the `s` in the background graffiti so well..!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnabull View Post
    Thats fantastic to hear Andy. I wish I had your liking for riding all seasons but you know me, fair weather only. Anyway, I’m sure our paths will cross next year round Wales somewhere, and it’’ will be good to catch up.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Hopefully Stuart…. And with a bit of luck I’ll be on my new XDiavel…. Delivery due end of March beginning of April👍

Hopefully Stuart…. And with a bit of luck I’ll be on my new XDiavel…. Delivery due end of March beginning of April
    OOOOOhffffff great choice, you'll love that .. and lets hope you get lots of seat time next year :)

Master
    OOOOOhffffff great choice, you'll love that .. and lets hope you get lots of seat time next year :)
    It’ll be my 3rd XDiavel,😄 current one is just coming up for 12k miles, and passed its first MOT yesterday. Great bike and nowt wrong with it, but after the year I’ve had, I fancied treating myself to a new one😈

I’ve gone for the XDiavel Dark👍

It’ll be my 3rd XDiavel, current one is just coming up for 12k miles, and passed its first MOT yesterday. Great bike and nowt wrong with it, but after the year I’ve had, I fancied treating myself to a new one

I’ve gone for the XDiavel Dark
    Very nice :)

Who is your dealer of choice ?

Master
    Very nice :)

Who is your dealer of choice ?
    Woods (Now Completely Motorbikes) in Abergele. Bought my first bike off them in 1994😎

Master
    As someone who doesn't change bikes too often I've changed twice now in the last two years so i thought it would be interesting to have see what people have moved on and bought in 2021.

So for me, this went:

Bought it new and loved it but decided I didn't use it enough to justify it.

Lasted about two weeks until I bought this somewhat by accident on eBay:

I love it and every time I fire it up over the winter to keep it ticking over can't wait to ride it again. As I posted on here I moved a few weeks ago and really enjoyed riding it to the new house in spite of the weather so am going to bite the bullet in the new year and get out on it (as long as it's not raining...!).

So what were your ins and outs this year?

That was a turn-up, Simon... looks like the right decision, anyway.

I had something of a revelation this year, in that i realised that the bikes I love to drool over aren't necessarily the right bikes for the riding I want to do. Consequently...

Out

In

I'd love to have kept them both, but I'm so delighted with the Tiger that I've not spent more than a fleeting moment thinking about the TTR. I would also say that - on here, at least - it's a greatly underestimated bike. It really is a hugely capable package for anyone who wants to get into adventure bikes without going all-in on the likes of a GSA. It's so rideable, and such a great (i.e. sensible, whilst by no means being small) size in comparison.
    Last edited by learningtofly; 25th December 2021 at 11:55.