closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 205 of 357 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305 ... LastLast
Results 10,201 to 10,250 of 17840

Thread: More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    MOT done today… clean bill of health.
    Tester said that some children were passing behind the bike when he went to start it up and manoeuvre it in to the bay… they weren’t expecting the bark from the TORS as two of them jumped back!!

Gotta admit - Triumph have got that 'just right'

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m toying with the idea of trading my xjr1300 for one of these but can’t decide which, if any.

The turbo is £6k whilst the others are around half that.
    Of the three I can see why the Turbo is twice the price.
    I'm sure I would have appreciated the other two when they were new bikes but the Turbo looks 'just right' now.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Of the three I can see why the Turbo is twice the price.
    I'm sure I would have appreciated the other two when they were new bikes but the Turbo looks 'just right' now.
    There’s not much apart from paint that isn’t original and I’ve got a spare rear mudguard and indicators. Restored to original, they’re pushing £10k now so I won’t lose money on it (or the other two to be fair)..

I can see it with the vfr750 read end I’ve been working on for my non turbo and then an USD, radial radial brake front end from a gsxr1000 or such to finish it off.

I’ll never want another bike once finished!

Master

Thumbs up Update

Hi folks. Just a quick update for those interested. Currently in CCU. Was rushed in last Thursday which is almost 10 weeks after my original heart failure.

Had to listen to the chap in the bed next to me die, at 1am this morning… Balling my eyes out listening to him take his last breaths as his daughter comforted him.

Just want to go home🏍🏍😪

Master
    Shit Enoch, so sorry to hear this, that’s a lot to deal with.

Stay strong, PMA will get you everywhere, you have the support of everyone here who wants to hear more of your bike adventures!

Good luck Enochers. Sounds awful. Hope you escape home soon. Sending you all best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeOfCheese View Post
    Shit Enoch, so sorry to hear this, that’s a lot to deal with.

Stay strong, PMA will get you everywhere, you have the support of everyone here who wants to hear more of your bike adventures!
    What he said; we’re all thinking of you here!

Get home soon Enoch, looking forward to seeing more of my favourite bike… you do it so well. All the very best.

Get well mate
    Want another meet up with you and the mustang, if not the bike..

All the best Enoch, get better soon.

Master
    Enoch , there isnt enough bike bling or how too videos on here since you stoped posting, so get yourself back on the mend and spanners in hand.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Groundrush View Post
    Hmmmm… it’s definitely not a Hypermotard

Absolutely gorgeous, is that a 250cc MOV? A very popular bike in it's time.

Get better soon Enoch!

Hmmmm… it’s definitely not a Hypermotard
    It's not a 1932 Ariel Red Hunter either

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I’m toying with the idea of trading my xjr1300 for one of these but can’t decide which, if any.

The turbo is £6k whilst the others are around half that.
    For my money as a bike to ride, it would be the 900.

Whist the Turbo would likely be better as an investment, I found the 900 more pleasant to ride than the Turbo because of the Turbo's turbo lag. It had a fair amount of oomph, but the turbo needed to spin up before it would pick up its skirt and get a wiggle on.

If I was sat behind a car and knew there was an overtaking opportunity coming up, I'd have to drag the rear brake a little to load the engine to get the boost up to be ready for the overtake, so it wasn't a case of indicate, open the throttle and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    Hi folks. Just a quick update for those interested. Currently in CCU. Was rushed in last Thursday which is almost 10 weeks after my original heart failure.

Had to listen to the chap in the bed next to me die, at 1am this morning… Balling my eyes out listening to him take his last breaths as his daughter comforted him.

Just want to go home
    How horrid both for you and for them.

I hope they get you up and out soonest!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    How horrid both for you and for them.

I hope they get you up and out soonest!
    Can't add anything to that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post

Just want to go home
    So sorry to hear that mate, both for him and you. Hope you are up and at 'em again very soon. Please keep us informed.

Ian
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    Absolutely gorgeous, is that a 250cc MOV? A very popular bike in it's time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    It's not a 1932 Ariel Red Hunter either
    Not an MOV or a Red Hunter (that turned out to be more than I thought it worth), it’s a 500 MSS. I have a bit of a soft spot for these since my dad built one when I was a wee lad and I always thought it looked cool. Of course I hadn’t ridden one back then. ��. It’s “interesting” to say the least.

I figured a hypermotard was likely to put me in a ditch or jail whereas this would just leave me stranded. Which it has done already.

And best wishes to Enoch for a speedy recovery.

Blog Entries
    Not an MOV or a Red Hunter (that turned out to be more than I thought it worth), it’s a 500 MSS. I have a bit of a soft spot for these since my dad built one when I was a wee lad and I always thought it looked cool. Of course I hadn’t ridden one back then. 😳. It’s “interesting” to say the least.

I figured a hypermotard was likely to put me in a ditch or jail whereas this would just leave me stranded. Which it has done already.

And best wishes to Enoch for a speedy recovery.
    Lovely looking old bike. No doubt the lighting is by Joseph Lucas 'Prince of Darkness', and the brakes are 'by appointment only', but the older bikes do have their own characters.

Warrington, centre of the Universe and home of the Mighty Wire
    Heyup Enoch, hope you’re out and about and feeling better sooner rather than later. Missing you when I go Bala etc, it will be good to catch up again pal, seems like years ago since we last rode together. Chin up fella.

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Blog Entries
    Hope you feel better and can leave CCU soon Enoch. ATB Jon

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Master
    New to me toy to spend some quality time with my 11yo son on the trails. This was about the closest I got to him all day.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
    New to me toy to spend some quality time with my 11yo son on the trails. This was about the closest I got to him all day.

Great bike, I’ve had a few of those.

I ran WRF250s and 450s when I had Trailespana. I loved both; the 450 was smooth with bags of torque and grunt but felt a little heavy whilst the 250 was a hooligan tool which loved to be thrashed.

When we came back to the uk, it was a 250 I used for competitions though. Great for green lanes too.

Master
    I'm enjoying it. There's just something fun about a bike like this that can be used on the road then just take a turn and head off in to the woods. It's proper freedom.

Had a really nice ride out today.. just can't wait till it is ran in so I can go over 4k revs.
    Will be nice to be able to go over 40mph.

Chris.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Are there 2 tzukers in Ruislip on a ccm and harley? 237pm today

Master
    Not me, sadly. My CCM is casting accusing looks at me from the garage while I sit in Teams meetings.

Collected my new ride today, bye bye Triumph Street Triple R and hello Ducati Multistrada 1200S…

Nice ride back through the Lakes to get used to it, very smooth compared to the Triple R and a hell of a lot more comfortable…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Could easily have been Howard/hhhh and his mate (who has a Harley or two and I'm pretty sure is based in Ruislip).

Beautiful evening here in Sussex so took the Scrambler out for A couple of hours. Makes me smile every time I ride it. Not about speed or power just pure enjoyment!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post

Collected my new ride today, bye bye Triumph Street Triple R and hello Ducati Multistrada 1200S…

Nice ride back through the Lakes to get used to it, very smooth compared to the Triple R and a hell of a lot more comfortable…

Nice bike Im sure you will really get to like the adventure position rather than the head down arse up posture of the Triumph.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by samswatch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Could easily have been Howard/hhhh and his mate (who has a Harley or two and I'm pretty sure is based in Ruislip).
    Indeed it was!

Beautiful evening here in Cheshire* so took the Scrambler out for a couple of hours. Makes me smile every time I ride it. Not about speed or power just pure enjoyment!

(*photo 1 may technically be Derbyshire)

An original scrambler out in the sun. It’s not about speed or power (or handling or brakes), it’s about playing whack-a-mole with the oil leaks.

Last edited by Groundrush; 14th July 2021 at 08:53.

Blog Entries
    An original scrambler out in the sun. It’s not about speed or power (or handling or brakes), it’s about playing whack-a-mole with the oil leaks.

Love ‘honest’ looking old bikes like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeColdplayHistory View Post
    Beautiful evening here in Cheshire* so took the Scrambler out for a couple of hours. Makes me smile every time I ride it. Not about speed or power just pure enjoyment!

(*photo 1 may technically be Derbyshire)
    Brilliant! And what a great looking bike!

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Beautiful evening here in Sussex so took the Scrambler out for A couple of hours. Makes me smile every time I ride it. Not about speed or power just pure enjoyment!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Still looking great.......love the new seat!

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    Still looking great.......love the new seat!
    Thanks Mark. Still grin from ear to ear every time I open the barn door. Only changes are the seat and a pair of (hopefully never needed) crash bobbins. I did try to fit some lower engine bars but they didn't work with the aftermarket exhaust which sounds amazing so I gave them away!

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Thanks Mark. Still grin from ear to ear every time I open the barn door. Only changes are the seat and a pair of (hopefully never needed) crash bobbins. I did try to fit some lower engine bars but they didn't work with the aftermarket exhaust which sounds amazing so I gave them away!
    Yeah, I loved that exhaust too.....they've just got the sound so right! Although I'm super happy with the Triumph Scrambler I replaced it with (especially now that it's orange too ;o)).....I do wish the exhaust sounder a bit raspier.....if that's even a word.

Excuse for a gratuitous pic.......

Yeah, I loved that exhaust too.....they've just got the sound so right! Although I'm super happy with the Triumph Scrambler I replaced it with (especially now that it's orange too ;o)).....I do wish the exhaust sounder a bit raspier.....if that's even a word.

That's a beauty. It looks like the little Scramblers older, cool uncle.

Looking lovely, Mark. We need to get out again now the weather is looking better... maybe grab Howard and his CCM, too.

Beautiful evening in Derbyshire so took the Scrambler out for a couple of hours. Makes me smile every time I ride it. Not about speed or power just pure enjoyment!

(Staffordshire tomorrow maybe)

Anyone use a liftstick or similar for chain maintenance etc?

I don't have a garage or even a drive so any routine maintenance takes place on the street outside my house. I have a 'roller plate thingy' that I can roll my back wheel under which will let me turn the back wheel but with lumpy tyres it doesn't roll so well. While I reckon it's highly unlikely I do worry that the juddery rolling of the wheel might knock bike off side stand (and onto me).

Master
    Proving once again that test rides are dangerous, I had a go on this last week:

Multistrada 950S. I liked everything about it, particularly the ergonomics, handling and power delivery.

So much so, I decided to trade my Scrambler 1200 for one. I owned the Triumph for about a year (3,000 miles) and fortunately, I got most of my money back as used bike prices are pretty strong right now.

I now plan to run the Multi and the GS for a year or so - to see which I end up keeping.

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Proving once again that test rides are dangerous, I had a go on this last week:

Multistrada 950S. I liked everything about it, particularly the ergonomics, handling and power delivery.

So much so, I decided to trade my Scrambler 1200 for one. I owned the Triumph for about a year (3,000 miles) and fortunately, I got most of my money back as used bike prices are pretty strong right now.

I now plan to run the Multi and the GS for a year or so - to see which I end up keeping.
    Very nice, you’re lucky to get one as my local dealer can’t lay his hands on one until next year now.

In the end I ended up with the 1200s Multi as the deal was too good to turn down, and tbh it’s night and day riding it compared to the Street Triple R I put in part ex’.…

Last edited by Martylaa; 15th July 2021 at 15:48.

Master
    Very nice, you’re lucky to get one as my local dealer can’t lay his hands on one until next year now.

In the end I ended up with the 1200s Multi as the deal was too good to turn down, and tbh it’s night and day riding it compared to the Street Triple R I put in part ex’.…

Yeah, I think the 950S "shortage" is a knock-on impact of the V4 re-work. Apparently, they share a production line and the 950 was suspended while they sorted out the V4 engines. Luckily my local dealer is part of one of the bigger groups with a reasonable stock holding. They had bikes available in both colours for delivery in a week or two.

Is anyone on here a member of the Ducati UK Forum? If so can you pm me please i'm looking for some help trying to join that forum and having no joy in trying to join...

Is anyone on here a member of the Ducati UK Forum? If so can you pm me please i'm looking for some help trying to join that forum and having no joy in trying to join...
    Massive thanks to Stuart (Cinnabull)for helping me resolve this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Massive thanks to Stuart (Cinnabull)for helping me resolve this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No worries pay, enjoy the forum and the Multi

Stuart

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Matlock 15.07.2021

A nice ride out with a couple of mates yesterday to Matlock. Weather was pretty hot, I was in full leathers, and in hindsight I perhaps should have worn my textiles. Roads were pretty chocka unfortunately, and Matlock was pretty packed with bikers as well. Sat outside on of the Chippies and had a nice Fish dinner before heading home over the Cat n Fiddle. Cols limited edition MV simply stole the show, turning heads and drawing crowds every it was stopped, trick bits and carbon everywhere. Als RSV4 sounds proper naughty on song with the Akra, and Frankies matte Honda looks the part as well. Clearly the best bike there though, was the ickle white Street RS LOL

Stuart