closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 187 of 357 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,350 of 17843

Thread: More bike related stuff

The pillion looks really good. I'm sure you'll get used to the ride though.

Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    It looks great but I can imagine it's quite a distinctive ride!
    That's a very good way of describing it.

Master
    That is a beast. What's the turning circle like?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgoe1972 View Post
    Just got this... big change , must be because I’m nearly 50!,

What’s the best U.K. forum for triumph chat, trading, chatting rubbish etc?
    Cheers:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Looking more closely at your bike, someone must be best mates with a powder coater.

Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    What's the turning circle like?
    About 5 minutes!

Master
    Looking more closely at your bike, someone must be best mates with a powder coater.
    Indeed they were... and loved extras.. hand guards, heated grips, spot lights, rack, take tidy, decat, billet brake resovoir, mini screen, centre stand, tank grips. Saves me buying them:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well let’s just say he’s best not taking it down the Suez Canal for a while!

Just got this... big change , must be because I’m nearly 50!,

What’s the best U.K. forum for triumph chat, trading, chatting rubbish etc?
    Cheers:)

TL1000R in the background? There’s not many of those around these days.

Like the Ever Given but without the grace and subtlety.

Having looked at various videos on Youtube, it's apparent that they can have a very small turning circle in the hands of someone that knows what they are doing.

Of course I'd not quite twigged that it was 10 inches longer than the bike it replaced so closing the garage door last night was a bit of a challenge

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Like the Ever Given but without the grace and subtlety.

Of course I'd not quite twigged that it was 10 inches longer than the bike it replaced so closing the garage door last night was a bit of a challenge so Im not going to garage it just ride the wheels off it most days
    There you go Gyp fixed for you.

Steve

Ps bike looks a stunner and just the bike to celebrate your “40th” cough cough!!

Master
    Indeed they were... and loved extras.. hand guards, heated grips, spot lights, rack, take tidy, decat, billet brake resovoir, mini screen, centre stand, tank grips. Saves me buying them:)

Yeah, your picture has already convinced me to spend another few quid on mine - starting with the rear indicator relocation kit. I have a tail tidy already but I think the indicators might better right next to the stop/tail light.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    There you go Gyp fixed for you.
    :-)

Ps bike looks a stunner and just the bike to celebrate your “40th” cough cough!!
    Look, I decided to buy one for my 40th, it just took me 15 years or so to get round to it...

:-)

Look, I decided to buy one for my 40th, it just took me 15 years or so to get round to it...
    I still haven’t admitted to being old enough to ride a Harley, although the Livewire is tempting. But then it’s not a proper Harley is it?

I am being drawn to them more and more but when I see a large group of old men (and women) pretending to be Hell’s Angels, it puts me right off!

2021 Hayabusa Speed Test.

https://fb.watch/4DTpcA0jzT/

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    2021 Hayabusa Speed Test.

https://fb.watch/4DTpcA0jzT/

R
    What i loved a bout my Hayabusa was the way the speedometer just swept round and kept going...

Master
    Picked up this beast yesterday

I think you should change your username to TZ million dollar bogan..👍

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I think you should change your username to TZ million dollar bogan..
    No Idea how he manhandled one of those off road.

At least he has a big enough garage to park it in

Picked up this beast yesterday

Congrats with the new ride fella....looks great!
    Gonna be difficult to find on a dark night though.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I still haven’t admitted to being old enough to ride a Harley, although the Livewire is tempting. But then it’s not a proper Harley is it?

I am being drawn to them more and more but when I see a large group of old men (and women) pretending to be Hell’s Angels, it puts me right off!
    I agree Dave, I bought one last year (street bob) and while I love it, I won’t dress, wear logo clothing or go on rides with the local Harley club, it’s just not my scene of wanna be HA.

I am trying to find a non brand forum to join to meet other bikers for meet ups. Anyone know any good forums that cover Berkshire or surrounding counties?

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Agreed, the new Monster looks like a brilliant bike. I’d be testing that and the new Street Triple if I were you... couldn’t go wrong with either IMO.
    This came up on a Ducati owners forum and FB group - I saw this selection of new naked bikes on another page, and have crudely covered the engines. Spot the Ducati! 😳
    It really doesn't seem to receiving rave reviews (appearance-wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    This came up on a Ducati owners forum and FB group - I saw this selection of new naked bikes on another page, and have crudely covered the engines. Spot the Ducati! 

Looks like #1 to me. I've read some excellent reviews, whether the die-hard Monster fans like the changes or not. It's clearly a better bike than the model it succeeded.

Looks like #1 to me. I've read some excellent reviews, whether the die-hard Monster fans like the changes or not. It's clearly a better bike than the model it succeeded.
    "clearly" according to who and what criteria?

Another tester:
    Its nearest rivals are the Triumph Street Triple R, the Kawasaki Z900, the BMW F 900 R, the KTM 790 Duke and the Yamaha MT-09. This picture shows all these bikes.
    The point being that if you have to look twice the branding is lost.

Another tester:
    Its nearest rivals are the Triumph Street Triple R, the Kawasaki Z900, the BMW F 900 R, the KTM 790 Duke and the Yamaha MT-09. This picture shows all these bikes.

I'm not invested enough in either Ductai or the Monster to argue the toss with you. Sales will determine their success or otherwise, not your opinion or mine. (I didn't have to look twice.)

I'm not invested enough in either Ductai or the Monster to argue the toss with you. Sales will determine their success or otherwise, not your opinion or mine. (I didn't have to look twice.)
    Good for you

Master
    Lovely day for a bimble around the local hills

Master

More bike related stuff

Since you asked it is indeed...... it rides like a shopping trolley with a 1000 cc V-twin engine..... fun though:)

Blog Entries
    Pretty good if you know what you're doing! Get's better near the end.

Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Honest answer? Bloody awful.

Makes me realise quite how good my Triumph is!
    When I bought my Street Bob, the first couple of times I rode it I thought every nut and bolt must be loose on the bike!

Then it seemed to just come good and got better and better. Always made me smile when I was riding it. Had faster, more powerful, better handling (hard to believe I know) bikes, but always enjoyed the journey on the Harley more. It's not how fast you get there, it's how you get there. (unless you're on a H2 of course then it's if you get there!)

Master

Another tester:

Im going to be the pratt who everyone shoots but I cant see a Z900 in these images !

Master

Since you asked it is indeed...... it rides like a shopping trolley with a 1000 cc V-twin engine..... fun though:)

That Sir is bloomin gorgeous, what a bike. Stunning

Master
    Lad I know has just sent me a picture of his “ new bike” Kawasaki H2 with a Jorden bikes 235 bhp upgrade. Top speed 225 mph I fear for his life .

Im going to be the pratt who everyone shoots but I cant see a Z900 in these images !
    Not my picture so I can't be sure, but I think it's bottom left

Master
    Not my picture so I can't be sure, but I think it's bottom left
    Thanks Stanford, I was looking for a Z900RS eg old school Z1 ish copy. I had forgotten they now have a full range of “ sit up and beg” Z900’s.
    Steve

Lad I know has just sent me a picture of his “ new bike” Kawasaki H2 with a Jorden bikes 235 bhp upgrade. Top speed 225 mph I fear for his life .
    Those things are insane without a tune! I’m sure he knows the throttle works both ways

Craftsman
    This came up on a Ducati owners forum and FB group - I saw this selection of new naked bikes on another page, and have crudely covered the engines. Spot the Ducati! 

#1. Exhausts are a dead give away.

Beautiful bike. I found myself looking at eBay listings of these when you posted a photo of it a few months ago.

Sadly, my riding skills are lacking for a bike nicknamed ‘The Widowmaker’!

Master

Another tester:

“Clearly” according to everyone who’s actually ridden it, as far as I can tell. And also on paper, 18kg less weight, better ergonomics, electronics, frame, everything really, apart perhaps from looks... but to quote Enzo Ferrari, "Race cars are neither ugly nor beautiful. They become beautiful when they win." The same may or may not apply to bikes, there’s a lot to be said for a beautiful bike, but you can’t stare at it lovingly when you’re approaching a fast corner.

On the tester, not sure, but perhaps it’s a trick question in which case KTM Duke 890.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    When I bought my Street Bob, the first couple of times I rode it I thought every nut and bolt must be loose on the bike!

Then it seemed to just come good and got better and better. Always made me smile when I was riding it. Had faster, more powerful, better handling (hard to believe I know) bikes, but always enjoyed the journey on the Harley more. It's not how fast you get there, it's how you get there. (unless you're on a H2 of course then it's if you get there!)
    There's nothing wrong with buying a Harley - the trick is to buy the right Harley.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    “Clearly” according to everyone who’s actually ridden it, as far as I can tell. And also on paper, 18kg less weight, better ergonomics, electronics, frame, everything really, apart perhaps from looks... but to quote Enzo Ferrari, "Race cars are neither ugly nor beautiful. They become beautiful when they win." The same may or may not apply to bikes, there’s a lot to be said for a beautiful bike, but you can’t stare at it lovingly when you’re approaching a fast corner.

On the tester, not sure, but perhaps it’s a trick question in which case KTM Duke 890.
    I'm not suggesting it isn't 'improved' over the previous model/s but almost anything could be made to look better on paper with modern tec and materials...
    The USP of the Monster, apart from its performance, was its looks.

p.s. I've no skin in this game - I'm not a Monster owner not am I likely to be (if I was in the market for a bike of this size/type I'd probably go for either the KTM 890 Duke R or Kawasaki Z900RS), I'm just curious as I haven't seen an independent review from someone who has actually ridden it - I've looked and haven't found any.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post

I may be missing your point, but surely that’s not really the essence of these bikes? Get a super sports if you’re worried about weight, corner speed, electronics etc. F1 quotes are not really relevant to naked road bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Beautiful bike. I found myself looking at eBay listings of these when you posted a photo of it a few months ago.

Sadly, my riding skills are lacking for a bike nicknamed ‘The Widowmaker’!
    The TL1000S was the widow maker due to the rotary rear damper; the TL1000R was much improved.

Most TL1000s’ around today have had it replaced with a standard shock absorber.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt8500 View Post
    I may be missing your point, but surely that’s not really the essence of these bikes? Get a super sports if you’re worried about weight, corner speed, electronics etc. F1 quotes are not really relevant to naked road bikes.
    Not sure I’d agree with that, Matt. It’s all the reasons that the Street Triple enjoys the reputation it has.

Blog Entries
    There's nothing wrong with buying a Harley - the trick is to buy the right Harley.
    The Bob was a good low mileage example when I bought it, just the Dyna setup wasn't quite as 'taut' as the bikes I was used to!

Be interested to know how you get on with yours, looks really nice.
    Last edited by oldoakknives; 3rd April 2021 at 23:10.

Master
    Not sure I’d agree with that, Matt. It’s all the reasons that the Street Triple enjoys the reputation it has.
    I agree with LTF on that one, speaking as a Street Triple owner. The essence of a naked is a sensible riding position and a good spread of torque, instead of a speeding ticket and a trip to the chiropractor. Good handling and good throttle response are certainly also desirable qualities in a naked, and lower weight helps with that. Looks are optional.

PS - @Stanford, I agree that looks were a major selling point for the Monster, and the new one is at best an acquired taste. But on reflection, the frame from a Pinegale V2 and the engine from the supersports 950 is a good recipe and if it’s not as pretty as the old one, I can just about live with that, I like to ride. If I wanted it just to look good, Ducati make prettier bikes than Monsters.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 4th April 2021 at 00:13.

Well, the legal number plate back is on the bike and I'm just getting ready to leave for my Bikesafe course (my armoured trousers seem to have shrunk since I last wore them, though!!). Unfortunately the venue has been changed from Bushey to the South Mimms Services on the A1, which kind of defeats the object of booking it in a decent location in the first place
    Last edited by learningtofly; 4th April 2021 at 07:02.

Enjoy it Tony, be interested to hear your experience.

With regard to nakeds we will have to agree to disagree. Handling, weight etc are important with that I do agree, but they are not the main driver for naked bikes IMHO. I would also argue that looks are vital with any bike, no one buys one they think is ugly (even if that is subjective- I do own a GS after all!).

Master
    Speaking of Monsters, my old S4RS. Last of the ‘great’ Monsters, albeit not aircooled...

Master
    With regard to nakeds we will have to agree to disagree. Handling, weight etc are important with that I do agree, but they are not the main driver for naked bikes IMHO. I would also argue that looks are vital with any bike, no one buys one they think is ugly (even if that is subjective- I do own a GS after all!).
    I don’t entirely disagree, but the old Monsters (and certainly the beauty in the previous post) were some of the only really good looking nakeds. Most of them at best have a kind of brutal appeal in stock form, or are just plain ugly eg the new MT07 and MT09. For me, the main driver for getting a naked is realising that sports bikes, while much better looking, are tuned to get into their stride at around double the speed limit in a racing crouch. So a naked is for real world riding pleasure. Looks would be an advantage, and they can customise well, but the main thing is that they should work on the street.

In terms of the new Monster, it’s clear that the engine from the 950 Supersports looks better hidden behind a fairing. But by all accounts it’s a cracker.
    Last edited by Itsguy; 4th April 2021 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by spareparts View Post
    Speaking of Monsters, my old S4RS. Last of the ‘great’ Monsters, albeit not aircooled...

That one is gorgeous Adrien!