closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 179 of 358 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 8,901 to 8,950 of 17885

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    It's definitely growing on me. I don't think there are many (any?) "adventure" bikes that could be called good-looking, but I like the purposeful design of my GS and I reckon I could get used to the Pan-Am. Having said that, the front is definitely unusual...

My local HD dealer in Chester is in the same building as the BMW Motorrad so it'll be easy to take a look and run for the hills if the HD AD experience proves too much.
    Two page article on te HD in todays MCN , they haven’t ridden it but must have all the official HD spiel. £14k

Of the front the expression “ only its mother could love that”

What I do think is cool is on the £15.5k special the suspension senses you are slowing to stop and lowers the bike 50 mm. Just like a kneeling bus. As a shortarse I appreciate that feature more than others!
    Last edited by higham5; 24th February 2021 at 14:01.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post

What I do think is cool is on the £15.5k special the suspension senses you are slowing to stop and lowers the bike 50 mm. Just like a kneeling bus. As a shortarse I appreciate that feature more than others!
    I agree that's a neat feature on a relatively tall bike, and I think it will definitely help sales - although it's a £600 option on the Special.

What next? Some training wheels, deploying like a landing gear as the bike comes to a stop?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

daft gimmick tbh - prob easier to look for a smaller height bike or buy some platform shoes and theme yourself in 70's clothes :P .

. £14k
    Fourteen grand!?
    Feck, i was expecting/heard/read nearer 20.

That puts me in something of a dilemma - this is the only HD that i could ever imagine owning, and that lower price tag has got me thinking..

Ugly? Sure, but motorcycles are for riding - they`re not garage ornaments, and if it has the full authentic HD character you`ll soon forget about it`s looks.
    I suspect when you get used to it it`ll look just fine - distinctive, different and unique, even.
    There are plenty of `bikes out there whose form is just as challenging - Super Duke, BMW GS, `Busa, Indians etc..
    The front-end seems to be the focus of critisism - i think it`s got a slight 60/70`s vibe with a nod to the early Glide fairings, it`s definitely got Harley DNA.

I really like it, i think it could deliver a lot of promise.
    I didn`t think i`d ever say that about a Harley. God, i must be getting old....

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Fourteen grand!?
    Feck, i was expecting/heard/read nearer 20.

That puts me in something of a dilemma - this is the only HD that i could ever imagine owning, and that lower price tag has got me thinking..
    Indeed; £14k for the base model and £15.5 for the higher spec. Both of which come with tubed tyred on spoked rims

Then it's apparently £400 (I think) to go for the tubeless spoked, and a bit more for the uppydowny suspension option.

What I like is that they are starting to do "options" rather than just "accessories", so you can specify a different wheel for an extra £400 rather than having to but a new set at £1200 and put the originals at the back of the garage.

Seems like the top 3-piece metal luggage option is north of £2k though which is a bit spendy.

The PanAmerica will make or break Harley.
    The platform is scheduled for a few more models to be phased in as the older air cooled motors are phased out.
    Their future depends on that bike...hence the reasonable price point.
    It's got looks only a mother could love, can't help thinking they'd have been better off if they had got the Italians in to style it.
    We'll see.

Yes, should have got the Italians to style it!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    What next? Some training wheels, deploying like a landing gear as the bike comes to a stop?
    If its good enough for Alan Millyards Viper , then whats wrong with that:)

If its good enough for Alan Millyards Viper , then whats wrong with that:)
    It was good for the ecomobile when Alan Millyards still had acne

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    Yes, should have got the Italians to style it!

Oi! I’ve got one of those. It looks good from behind.

Terblanche was South African and some of his other work for Ducati is appreciating very quickly!
    Last edited by j0hnbarker; 24th February 2021 at 19:11.

I really like the Multistrada...

Quote Originally Posted by j0hnbarker View Post
    Oi! I’ve got one of those. It looks good from behind.

Terblanche was South African and some of his other work for Ducati is appreciating very quickly!
    Agreed, it looks far better from behind!

Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    I’m just over 6’ and I find my R9T Urban is fine with unit garage handlebars and a bespoke rear shock to improve ride quality and increase seat height...
    Many change footrests too but I’ve not found that necessary so far
    I sat on one today when I dropped the GS for its service, not a chance is one going to fit me, I was so surprised how small they are.I think the scambler maybe better, but I am bit to big......but I Think that maybe a blessing.

However, I saw the new GS, man they are massive, and I like it. The white one was so cool.

My only issue with GS, is I hate the adventure biking gear. I am into the resurgence biking gear, double or triple A rated jeans or riding shirts. The whole safari suits on the GS is a turn off. However, give me a year and I am sure I will be in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavham View Post
    I sat on one today when I dropped the GS for its service, not a chance is one going to fit me, I was so surprised how small they are.I think the scambler maybe better, but I am bit to big......but I Think that maybe a blessing.

However, I saw the new GS, man they are massive, and I like it. The white one was so cool.

My only issue with GS, is I hate the adventure biking gear. I am into the resurgence biking gear, double or triple A rated jeans or riding shirts. The whole safari suits on the GS is a turn off. However, give me a year and I am sure I will be in one.
    I think you can have both.

I have the Multistrada and a GS and ride in Rokker jeans and Belstaff jacket.

I did DAS with an instructor who had the full GS Rallye suit and massive anger issues, which put me off for life!

Master
    My new bike arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to fitting all of the toys and gadgets. Now need to find some essential travel ..

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    The PanAmerica will make or break Harley.
    The platform is scheduled for a few more models to be phased in as the older air cooled motors are phased out.
    Oh no!
    I`ve just discovered it has a 90 degree firing order and is oversquare.
    Close, but no potato..

Quote Originally Posted by E_2_Right-Force View Post
    Oh no!
    I`ve just discovered it has a 90 degree firing order and is oversquare.
    Close, but no potato..
    No way they would get 150bhp out of a long-stroke 1250!

And a 45.5 degree V would be far too tall for this application, especially as it's double overhead cam with variable valve timing.

I wonder if it has a forked conrod

Master
    It’s a 60 degree V 👍

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    No way they would get 150bhp out of a long-stroke 1250!

And a 45.5 degree V would be far too tall for this application, especially as it's double overhead cam with variable valve timing.

I wonder if it has a forked conrod
    According to todays MCN its a “ split crank pin” , this gives a 30 degree split on a 60 degree V which results in a 90 degree firing order.

Hope you understand that because I dont. Apparently this firing order gives better traction and a more pleasant sound.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    My new bike arrives tomorrow. Looking forward to fitting all of the toys and gadgets. Now need to find some essential travel ..
    Don't tease now, whatcha getting?

Master

More bike related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by gmt 16750 View Post
    Don't tease now, whatcha getting?
    Sorry for the delay was deep in the accessories catalogue !

A GSA TE Triple Black.

Booked for Iceland trip again this year ( July if vaccinated and shipping permitted). A lot of fettling to get it ready.

Here in 4 hours !!

Master

When you say GS won’t fit you, try Googling the BMW off-road school demo videos. One of their instructors is a not very tall lady that rides like a demon and she climbs on and off with moving starts all day long.

I was on youtube yesterday and one of the random videos was of a dwarf / midget ( sorry I don’t know the correct term) riding a sports bike and coming to a stop at the traffic lights. He climbed off and back on brilliantly. Worth googling for technique.

https://youtu.be/YId9Pr_RlIo

I was on youtube yesterday and one of the random videos was of a dwarf / midget ( sorry I don’t know the correct term)
    "vertically challenged"

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    "vertically challenged"
    Thank you, that was one of my options. I’m very nervous about using the wrong term after my daughter told me pixies didn’t exist.

Did you know that statistically 6 out 7 dwarves are not Happy. I’ll get my coat.

A GSA TE Triple Black.

Booked for Iceland trip again this year ( July if vaccinated and shipping permitted). A lot of fettling to get it ready.

Here in 4 hours !![/QUOTE]

Please don't post pics, all I need is lusting over a new GS on here. 3 hours left now mate

Richard Hammond used to ride a GS.......there's vertically challenged for you.

Quick question - does anyone who has a Beeline plan routes in Calimoto then transfer them over to the Beeline? (GYP ??)

I do like Calimoto and have planned and been on rides with friends where it works really well to share the route etc. When needed I've generally had the directions into my helmet via a Packtalk Bold but this doesn't work so well when having joined comms with other riders. I've always avoided having my phone 'mounted' on my bike so far......but feel the need for some directional indication (when needed) going forwards. The cost of a Quadlock mount for my phone (once you add in all the extra bits) is not far off the cost of a Beeline. Hence my question above......this seems (to me) to be the best all round solution as I've heard that the Beeline App itself isn't that brilliant....at least not as good as Calimoto.

Thoughts???

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post

Thoughts???
    I've not tried I'm afraid.

I'm trying to remember if it's possible to use the Beeline app without linking to a beeline device.

If it is, you could try it without buying the device.

My thoughts regards the beeline were similar to yours. The cost is significantly below the cost of mounting the BMW nav VI into the new bike

Master
    ImMy only issue with GS, is I hate the adventure biking gear. I am into the resurgence biking gear, double or triple A rated jeans or riding shirts. The whole safari suits on the GS is a turn off. However, give me a year and I am sure I will be in one.
    Why? I’ve had GS Advs for 16 years now and even though I’ve the free Rallye jacket I got with the bike I’ve never felt the need to dress up like I’m on the way to Morocco while I go to the shops. The riding with all the panniers on as well is another thing that I just think why!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by aa388 View Post
    The riding with all the panniers on as well is another thing that I just think why!
    For me it's simply that I attached to the bike is the most convenient place to store the boxes

Master
    A lovely day and a couple of hundred miles on a bike this morning. This bike is not the last word in refinement but I enjoyed it anyway...

I've not tried I'm afraid.

I'm trying to remember if it's possible to use the Beeline app without linking to a beeline device.

If it is, you could try it without buying the device.

My thoughts regards the beeline were similar to yours. The cost is significantly below the cost of mounting the BMW nav VI into the new bike
    It seems that you can download the app and use it without the device. So I have successfully exported a GPX from one of my routes in Calimoto and imported to Beeline......a little clunky but not tricky at all (I'm a Garmin cycling GPS user so have lots of experience of unnecessarily difficult route sharing).

It might just be the answer.......now maybe I need one of those Thornton 100 special headcaps too?

Quote Originally Posted by skmark View Post
    It seems that you can download the app and use it without the device. So I have successfully exported a GPX from one of my routes in Calimoto and imported to Beeline......a little clunky but not tricky at all (I'm a Garmin cycling GPS user so have lots of experience of unnecessarily difficult route sharing).
    I am a computer science graduate, member of the British Computer Society, Chartered Engineer, keen early adopter of most tech equipment and my house looks like I've ramraided Ebuyer, Scan and CCL. I've had 8 Garmin GPS units over the years but Garmin software and interfaces stump me.

If you can work Garmin software you're a better man than me!

Master
    I am a computer science graduate, member of the British Computer Society, Chartered Engineer, keen early adopter of most tech equipment and my house looks like I've ramraided Ebuyer, Scan and CCL. I've had 8 Garmin GPS units over the years but Garmin software and interfaces stump me.

If you can work Garmin software you're a better man than me!
    If you are on the GS forum look at the pages that Wapping has posted. He is the wealth of information and useful tips you may be looking for.

Ps. I ceased being chartered when I didn’t pay subs. Somehow I became less knowledgeable because I didn’t pay .

If you are on the GS forum look at the pages that Wapping has posted. He is the wealth of information and useful tips you may be looking for.
    If course I am, who isn't? I'll have to have a read

Master
    If course I am, who isn't? I'll have to have a read
    I’m not.....damn GS’s You can’t go 2 miles in N Wales in the summer without one blocking the road getting in the way😈😈

My mate has a new one..... he’s always holding me up🤪🤪

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I’m not.....damn GS’s You can’t go 2 miles in N Wales in the summer without one blocking the road getting in the way😈😈

My mate has a new one..... he’s always holding me up🤪🤪
    Would you feel the same about the Harleys that ride around N Wales or the Rockets?

Master
    Been having fun with the XDiavel today... done loads of mods over the last few weeks, including getting rid of all the emissions nonsense.

No cat, no carbon canister, and no AIS... all removed and lobbed in a box. All associated servos and wiring has been modded with plugs to stop engine management lights coming on..GREAT

Started the bike for the first time in months. Engine management light on🤔🤓 Damn that worked out well then🤓

Got a cheap code reader, Ducat use a completely different connector for their OBD than anyone else, so that means an adapter cable as well

Code, misfire on coil 3, Mmm something to do with the quick shifter. Took 2 hours of fault finding to establish I’d got 2 of the 8 QS plugs the wrong way around.

Happy camper now👍👍

Master
    Would you feel the same about the Harleys that ride around N Wales or the Rockets?
    Just playing... many of the GS’s I see around N. Wales (lots) are not hanging around, in fact I chased one being ridden by a farmer with wellies on, and couldn’t get near him. He never even touched his brakes, just dropped it into a corner and gone. I’d real him in a bit on the straights, then he’d just clear off on the bends, didn’t even look like he was trying. I gave up.🤔

Master
    Just playing... many of the GS’s I see around N. Wales (lots) are not hanging around, in fact I chased one being ridden by a farmer with wellies on, and couldn’t get near him. He never even touched his brakes, just dropped it into a corner and gone. I’d real him in a bit on the straights, then he’d just clear off on the bends, didn’t even look like he was trying. I gave up.🤔
    I thought you had a rocket? Ducati too or did you swap ?

Master
    I thought you had a rocket? Ducati too or did you swap ?
    XDiavel
    Rocket 3R
    Speedmaster 1200

Master
    XDiavel
    Rocket 3R
    Speedmaster 1200
    Very nice..

My Rocket is the III and seems to now be increasing in value. Hooligan bikes!

I have to ask given it’s the watch forum do you wear different watches for different bikes ?

Master
    Sorry for the delay was deep in the accessories catalogue !

A GSA TE Triple Black.

Here in 4 hours !!
    You have been with Tim before if I recall correctly . I always love the photos.

Steve

Master
    You have been with Tim before if I recall correctly . I always love the photos.

Steve
    Yes with Tim. I think this might be the 5th time. First few with GSA next with a KTM790. Hope it happens but if not possible trip around Norway.

Master
    Very nice..

My Rocket is the III and seems to now be increasing in value. Hooligan bikes!

I have to ask given it’s the watch forum do you wear different watches for different bikes ?
    Not really. Just wear whatever I’ve got on the wrist that day.

The first ride of the year.

May have taken the long way home from a work meeting.....

I just got quite badly lost on an essential journey.

Tsk, tsk.......I nearly did too, but went for a cycle instead. It's lovely out there today! Not sure I'll be able to resist all weekend though......

Commuted on my Fireblade today...was cold and a bit slippy first thing but looks lovely for later

Same here, needed to get a pint of milk, took me 50 minutes.

Everyone talk about mental health, mine is riding the bike, I forget every worry I have and enjoy myself. Come on 8 March I am going for a blast